Wonder World

By haZ_quad

Inspired by RotXinXpieces. This is a fanfic, written in appreciatation of the Underworld chronicles. It's a o... More

Introduction and Credits.
Brownies and Kisses
Family trip
Family trip (part 2)
Date night
Surprise
Dinner
Hollow
Picnic!
Love
Lazy day
Double date
Making memories.
Green
Birthdays and surprises
Family
Road trip
His Reality
Father
Key

Sick

396 9 328
By haZ_quad

Pairing: HadesxLucifer 

There were days when you felt like you couldn't do anything right.

A worthless disgrace.

Was the word you'd use for yourself, the cascade of negativity watering your self doubt, and giving birth to fruits of uncertainties. You feel tired and overwhelmed, an empty feeling that makes you dizzy.

Maybe it was overwork? Or, maybe it was the fact that he couldn't really focus on work today? Perhaps he woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Or something to do with the fact that he hadn't seen his husband since the last three days. Who knows?

He wasn't sure why but it was loud and clear to the angel that he wasn't feeling the best today.

He was tired and had no energy, both physically and mentally exhausted and all he felt like wanting to do was throw himself on the bed and close his eyes.

With the goal clear in mind, he teleported to the bedroom because walking felt too energy consuming, and he was sure his limbs wouldn't work too well, for they felt tired and achy.

Lucifer, the angel of light, king and lord of Hell, finally reached his room, after having teleported right in front of the bed.

The mystic black curtains draped over the window were opened, leading to the lush green garden outside, adorned with glittering flowers and pomegranate trees. The king-sized bed laying under the heavenly image of Aurora Borealis, which danced to the symphony of an unheard melody. The cluttered desk with files and pictures of their family members.

It was all there. The room was exactly what it had always been, but there was one thing that was missing, the most important thing was not here and the realization made Lucifer sigh heavily.

It was expected but disappointing just the same. Hades wasn't here today either, the same way he hadn't been home for the past three days.

It wasn't his fault, Lucifer tried to tell himself. He is just busy with the hospital and his lab work and on top of that, Hades was dealing with some rogues in his kingdom as well. It was extremely hectic and it was only natural for his husband to be busy.

But fuck, it bothers me just the same. I haven't seen him in days and it's driving me insane.

Lucifer sighed again and shook his head, before dragging himself to the bed, coughing a little in between, before slumping down on the soft mattress, groaning contentedly.

The warmth of the softness underneath him was a definite relief to his achy muscles, it was incredibly comforting and so it wasn't a surprise when he melted right there.

His head was throbbing and he could feel a dizziness enveloping his body, as he stared out of the window at the night sky covered with millions of twinkling stars. He was glad he had opened the curtains in the morning because the feeling of the cold breeze embracing him, travelling through the open window was very pleasant.

Even more so, when he noticed a group of fireflies flying outside, illuminating the moonlit night with their luminous intensity. It was gorgeous and Lucifer smiled at the sight.

Hades would love this.

The lord of the underworld could pretend to be uninterested in trivial matters such as this, but that was all it was- pretend.

The truth of the matter was that Hades loved the smallest things in life. He loved brownies and cake like any other commoner with a massive sweet tooth, he loved the gentle pitter patter of rain, he adored the smell of the earth after the downpour, he loved the sunlight and the lush green gardens.

He couldn't remember the amount of time they laid in bed, talking about these seemingly trivial things, wrapped in a blanket of serenity...

Lucifer blinked slowly and struggled to sit up, groaning in discomfort but still doing it because he didn't want to lay down, reminiscing about these moments anymore. It was oddly haunting to do that because it seemed like his heart was burning with memories.

It wasn't like they had broken up or something, Hades was just busy and thus hadn't been able to see him.

So what if it's been three whole days since they had any contact.

It didn't mean anything.

Don't be a dramatic sentimental nutbag.

Lucifer chided himself with an adorable frown and tried to reach for his phone, kept on the bedside table, hoping to call one of his children or Jo.

Maybe that will help with the headache.

He tried to reach forward but the phone somehow seemed a million years away, and his hand felt so heavy that he couldn't reach it, especially with the way black spots were dancing in his vision. He tried again and when all he managed to do was drop his phone on the floor, he snapped and covered his face with his hands, growling in frustration.

He was tired and angry and frustrated and sad and most definitely sick, which intensified his anger. He had a shit day today and it only seemed to worsen now, with his visceral headache and broken phone.

As he was busy being swarmed with a sea of bustling thoughts in his head, he didnt feel the rift in the air, which suddenly pulsed with power.

He certainly didn't notice a certain someone with glowing blue eyes, whose eyes found the angel as soon as he got there, trained solely on him and only him.

He most certainly did not feel it when the certain someone walked towards him quietly, a frown lacing his features and worry filling his eyes.

No, Lucifer didn't feel or sense anything, not until he felt someone's weight on him, sitting on his lap slowly. Normally, His instincts would have kicked in, resulting in him kicking the person off of him but he knew who it was. His hand was still covering his face and hence he couldn't really see the person but he knew.

He knew it from the familiar scent, that was almost like a drug to him now, providing him with a delirious high. He knew it from the feel of that body on his own. He knew from the way he breathed.

Lucifer knew and he felt his body relax instantly, melting against the one who now sat on his lap, holding him in place with their hands, going around the angel's neck.

A gentle and protective embrace and Lucifer lost it.

He removed his hands from his face and rushed to put them around the latter's waist, holding on, pulling the person closer to himself hurriedly, closing all the distance between them, until it was physically impossible for them to get any closer.

He held on tightly, and nuzzled his face into the latter's neck, breathing in deeply, bathing himself in the one scent he didn't want to lose ever, the one he was deprived of since the last few days. Lucifer felt a hand running through his hair gently as he nuzzled deeper, and his eyes blurred instantly.

All the exhaustion from the day had suddenly left his body, his mind, now at peace and his heartbeat slowing down gradually, a rainfall of calm washing over the angel, as tears escaped his eyes.

The hand stopped, as he cried into the person's neck, the god's body stilling entirely, before tightening their hold on the angel and rubbing his back now.

Slow gentle patterns that soothed Lucifer's soul continued until the angel was done.

Lucifer felt so peaceful and tired, that a few more minutes and he would definitely fall asleep right here, using his husband's neck as his favourite pillow.

"Don't fall asleep on me now, angel. This is an uncomfortable as fuck position and as much as I like it, I like my back more." a deep, husky voice spoke in his ear and Lucifer shivered, before breaking into a tired smile.

Gods, he missed him. So fucking much.

He broke away from the God's neck (albeit, begrudgingly because it felt really good) and finally faced the latter.

And Lucifer swooned.

There was that precious face that he was dying to see! Those dazzling blue eyes staring at him from behind the curtains of beautiful black hair, that fell down in a fancy twirl, capturing his attention.

Hades was finally here. Back in his arms again, where he belonged and the gorgeous sight made him smile.

"Hi." Lucifer wanted to say but his voice croaked and the words felt garbled, even to him and he frowned, the same time as Hades grimaced.

"You look like shit." Hades deadpanned and Lucifer smiled more.

"Now you wanna tell me why you look like a zombie on crack, who hasn't slept in a month. And while we are at it, also tell me why your body is on fire right now, and not the good kind of fire either." The god asked seriously, and Lucifer broke into laughter, which soon subsided into coughs and Hades was on alert instantly.

Lucifer tried to say something back but before he could utter a word, Hades opened his mouth none- too- gently to observe. Lucifer rolled his eyes and tried to say something but Hades smacked him on the cheek gently, before taking Lucifer's hand in his, and feeling the pulse on his wrist. He moved his other hand to place it over the Angel's forehead, feeling it up.

"Breathe normally for me." He commanded and Lucifer knew now was not the time to fuck around so he obeyed. He took a deep breath in and out and again, watching a now scowling Hades.

"Am I going to live, Doctor?" He asked jokingly, and Hades flicked him on the forehead, before replying in a no nonsense tone.

"You have a high fever and your throat is fucked up, have you been vomiting?" Lucifer avoided his eyes, for he did vomit a couple of times during the day, as he just couldn't keep any food in.

And his straying eyes were enough of an answer for the god, who pursued his lips

"When was the last time you ate?" Hades asked.

"Uh, noon? I don't feel any appetite but I tried anyway and that's when I puked..."

The angel answered softly, before breaking into a fit of coughs again.

Hades nodded and started to get up, intending to move away from Lucifer, who caught his wrist in a vice grip, instinctively, looking at him with wide ocean eyes.

"Where are you going?" The angel asked, voice still recovering from his coughing, and Hades stared at him blankly before his eyes softened and he pinched Lucifer's nose, making the latter scowl and use his hand to bat the god away.

"Calm down, will you? I am not going anywhere, anytime soon. Your stupid ass obviously can't take care of yourself without my genius self here.

I was gone, for what? Two days? And in that time, you caught a bitch of a cold, threw up a million times and you look like the ugly version of Herbert from the family guy. And that guy is already very ugly." Hades ranted with a roll of his eyes, and Lucifer scowled.

"Three days." The angel murmured, while glaring at Hades, which was meant to be threatening but Hades only found it hilariously adorable.

"What?" The god questioned, while raising his eyebrows and Lucifer huffed.

"You were gone for three days. Not two. And it's almost the end of the third day now, so it's technically four days.

And you didn't even let me call you, let alone come see you."

"Careful now, I'd think you missed me, Lucy?" Hades asked with amusement written clear in his eyes, mocking his husband, hoping to anger him more because he was having the time of his life right now.

He always enjoyed angering Lucifer, it was one of his favourite pastimes, and while it was funny and sexy to see the angel mad normally, it was downright hilarious today.

The usually composed king, who was classy and graceful, without trying was different today. His face was flushed due to the fever, his hair a tangled mess laying haphazardly over his head, and his blue eyes, expressive and wild, glaring at him with an adorable frown. He looked like a tiny angry child and Hades found it funny as hell.

"I did miss you." Lucifer deadpanned as a reply to the previous question, no sign of joke on his face and Hades snorted before bursting into chuckles, and seeing that beautiful smile, the angel's anger ebbed away and he smiled subconsciously too.

Hades finally got up from the latter, and moved away, standing up on the floor now. He cracked his neck and stretched a little, before raising his hands to tie his hair in a high ponytail.

"Alright. Enough of the sick feasta. We got shit to do." Hades began and Lucifer groaned for he knew his husband was gone now and it was the infamous Doctor Hades.

"I will take that noise you made as a beautiful sign of agreement. Now what you are gonna do is lay the fuck down." The god commanded and Lucifer frowned.

"But I would like to talk to yo-"

"Yeah no." Hades interrupted and pushed Lucifer down, who fell on the bed with a hmph and before the angel could say anything in protest of the action, he was being covered by a thick blanket.

"You know you can't be so rough with your patient." Lucifer commented and Hades only tssked in response, before walking away, in the direction of the door.

"Where are you going?" The angel called after him, planning to get up and follow, but an invisible force pushed him on the bed again, making him roll his eyes, and concede begrudgingly.

He laid there on the bed, enveloped in warmth, his heart feeling light and his tired muscles relaxing against the fluffy mattress. His head was still throbbing and he could feel that he had a high temperature, the occasional coughs, only adding more testimony to the alleged sickness.

But he was smiling.

The angel was smiling, as now, not only his body, but his mind was relaxed too. His mood was far better than it was previously. So despite the dizziness of it all, he was feeling great.

Slowly and gradually, he finally relented to the dreamy whispers that beckoned him to close his eyes, and before he knew it, Lucifer fell asleep.

.................................................

After what seemed like a lifetime away, Lucifer began to regain his consciousness again. He wouldn't have woken up anytime soon, but there was a pleasant feeling of someone running their hand through his hair, the touch so gentle, that it stirred him awake.

However, he liked it too much to open his eyes and break the moment, so the angel pretended to still be asleep, enjoying the serene rush.

Alas, it ended too soon.

"Time to stop playing, play pretend and get up, Lucy." Hades whispered in his ear and Lucifer fought the urge to react physically.

His stance still and the act of sleeping still on.

He would keep it up for some more time. He totally could-

"What the fuck!"

Lucifer sat up with a jolt, his eyes opening instantly, glaring at the smug looking Hades, who smiled kindly, while the angel reached his hands towards his eyes, where a cold wet cloth had literally been thrown at, a few seconds ago.

The wet slippery cloth being flung at his face, directly hitting his eyes, was certainly unexpected and it definitely was successful in getting Lucifer to break his facade.

"Now I wouldn't have to do that if you would just listen to me. So now let's be a good boy, and listen to me, yeah?" Hades asked with a sweet smile, and kissed Lucifer on the cheek, so he could stop glaring at him...

Which did indeed work, for the latter's glare softened, but not entirely.

"You are a terrible caretaker. I want someone else." Lucifer declared, while Hades arranged the cushions behind him, and helped him sit back comfortably.

"Oh yeah? Well, we don't always get what we want. Tough shit, deal with it. You are stuck with me." The god replied smoothly, and turned around to the bedside table where he had kept a tray. He picked it up and put it on Lucifer's lap.

The angel looked at the tray before him and was pleasantly surprised when he saw that it had a large bowl of some sort of soup that smelled heavenly. It was steaming hot and for the first time in the last two days, he finally felt like he wanted to eat something.

"Eat up. It's very nutritious and its light so you dont need to worry about vomiting or shit. And it's good for for your throat too." Hades informed and Lucifer looked at him gratefully, before licking his dry lips and taking a sip, moaning right afterwards.

"That's so soothing and somehow still tasty? What did you add in here?" He asked in between sips.

"The power of love." Was Hades's reply, who did the jazz hands to add more emphasis on the fact, making Lucifer snort.

The two continued to talk as Lucifer finished up his soup, the sound of sarcastic comebacks and hoarse laughter filling the room. After he was done, Hades took the tray from the angel and gave him a medicine to swallow, after which he helped the latter lay down again.

"I can do it on my own, Hades. You don't need to do everything-"

"Shush."

And so he obeyed. He watched Hades cover him properly with the covers again, making sure the cushions were placed nicely, so Lucifer was comfortable. Then, as the angel settled down, he took the wet cloth from earlier and gently placed it over the latter's forehead, spreading it nicely so his entire forehead was covered up.

Hades got up to put the tray away now, but Lucifer held his wrist and pulled him down on the bed, so he was laying down next to him. Hades opened his mouth to retort but Lucifer pulled him closer to himself so his back was now resting on the angel's chest, and Lucifer's hands were now snaked around his waist.

"You have done enough. I am feeling much better and I will be okay soon. You need rest." He whispered softly near Hades's ear, snuggling in closer.

"I have to-."

"No. You have to nothing. You need rest, you haven't had a proper sleep in god knows how long. You are staying right here. And besides," he nuzzled into Hades's hair and continued.

"I need my personal source of heat."

"Aren't you a needy little shit." Hades murmured with a small smile, breaking free.

"I am sick. I get the pass." Lucifer pouted and Hades laughed softly, before cuddling closer to the angel.

"Alright. Just until you fall asleep. But if you dare sneeze on me and get me sick, I will give Theo the password to your laptop and you know what will happen, then."

The god warned and Lucifer grimaced.

He didnt want that to happen, ever.

It was one of his nightmares for Theo to get a hold of this laptop too.

He had already used two of them for his pranks and this third one was a recent one, so there was no way that Lucifer wanted to lose this to the demon wonder child too.

"I wont get you sick." The angel promised with a smile and Hades relaxed further into his embrace, closing his eyes, sighing deeply.

"I missed you, Hades. So much." Lucifer whispered after a while, placing a light kiss on the latter's neck, and finally surrendering to sleep.

And his hand was squeezed back a moment later, saying so many words all at once yet nothing at all, at the same time.

The sense of calm and the air of love covered them in a sheet of tranquillity, keeping them warm and safe.

And so it wasnt a surprise when they fell asleep together, breathing in each others scents and snuggling up to each other, while listening to the lullaby of the dancing northern lights overhead.

— x —

A million years later and we finally got a new chapter. I have been in a slump writing wise and been stuck on the same thing I have been trying to write for a long time now. So I channelled the one pair that has the ability to get me out of my writer's block. And they did! Sorry if it wasn't that good, it's been a while so yeah.

Also I apologies to the readers who think I write more about Hadifer than others. It just happens lmao 

Hadifer for the win bitches! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 456 28
this is a oneshot book. this could be any fandom, any rating (mainly smut or fluff) and it will mainly be stolitz! u dont have to follow this book, i...
8.1K 66 10
ALL male reader, no gen or f! Reader. Feel free to use any of the oneshots to create ideas for a fanfic of your own! :3
35.1K 561 33
Bbrae one shot stories Proclaimer: very soft and lots of fluff (I wrote this a looong time ago so yeah)
215K 1.8K 27
𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 (𝐱𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫) (𝐨𝐜) 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬. 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞�...