Safe Haven (SLOW updates)

By Xannny

Everything's not always what it seems..sometimes you just need a safe haven. More

Copyrights 2020
Chapter one
Chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine

chapter twenty two

1.2K 132 57
By Xannny

"He's so damn messy." Brat rolled her eyes, picking up Blaire's pants which was next to the dirty clothes bin. "Men so damn dirty."

She continued cleaning his room then went to clean the kitchen since he wasn't going to. Her phone rang, making her run to the room to see her mom was Facetiming her.

"Hi mommy!" She excitedly smiled all in the camera.

"Hi baby! Where's Blaire?"

"Going to get food."

"Look baby." She said, flipping the camera to show the yacht they were on.

"Aw man, you're teasing me." Brat pouted.

"We'll bring you back mi amour!" Leval yelled out coming into the camera. "Maybe you can invite Blaire this time, no?"

"He doesn't have his passport." Brat rolled her eyes.

"Mi amour, get on that. He can have it by summer, and you can show him the world."

"I'll tell him to apply." She said as the doorbell rung. "Hold on, mommy."

Walking to the door, she looked through the peek hole seeing three police cars making her get scared; she prayed nothing happened to Blaire.

"Mommy, there's a lot of police outside."

"Open the door, baby, don't panic."

Opening the door, she looked at the tall white man swallowing hard. "Hi, what can I do for you?"

"Is this the home of Blaire Thornton?"

"Yes, is he okay?"

"We were hoping you could answer that for us. Do you mind if we come in?"

"Mi amour hold the phone up." Leval stated. "Ask them why they need to come in?"

"What's this regarding?" She asked.

"It would be better if we could take a look around."

"Do you have a warrant?"

"You don't want me to get a warrant because I will so we can just save the time now. If your baby daddy is as innocent as you're acting, it shouldn't be no problem."

"First of all, who said Blaire was my baby daddy?" Brat asked furrowing her eyebrows. "And he is innocent, very much so. We're going to waste all the time because you aren't coming in here without a warrant."

"And that's just that." They heard from behind them.

Blaire stood there with food in his hands with a grill on his face; he was pissed the fuck off. All these police were here like he was getting raided.

"Just the man we were looking for."

"I'm under arrest?"

"Not yet."

"So get the fuck off my porch."

That was the last thing he said before he walked into the house, slamming the door in their face; he heard them talking about calling a judge. He walked into the room with Brat following him watching him intensely.

"Bro, stop whatever you doing and get over here. Don't be seen and come through the back; bring A with you."

"What are you doing?" Brat asked, watching him pull out multiple guns.

"I moved too dumb, now I have to get myself out of it." He mumbled. "Go to Flaire's house or something so you won't be caught up in this shit."

"No, we're going to ride this out together."

"Yo? What the fuck happening?" They heard, making them look into the hallway to see Ra.

"Moved too dumb bro, take these and put em somewhere safe. They finna take me."

Brat walked out to hear them talk while her phone kept ringing; finally answering, she saw both her mom and dad looking worried.

"What's going on, baby? We're about to book our flights."

"Mommy, no don't be crazy. We'll be fine."

She heard knocking on the door again, sighing as the same white man holding a paper.

"We have a warrant for the arrest of Blaire Thornton." He damn near shoved the paper in her face as he tried to walk in.

"You said the warrant of his arrest, not a warrant to search his place. He'll be going willingly, back up."

"Do you want to go with him for tampering an investigation young lady? Your baby dad will never be back to his hood again."

"You want me to be pregnant so bad." Brat laughed. "My dad is a lawyer, and he's on the phone recording everything you're saying-"

"You think I give a fuck? Arrest her too!"

"Blaire!" Brat yelled.

"Baby, you and Blaire don't say anything! We'll be there as soon as we can! We'll call a lawyer to be down with you and Blaire, don't say anything! You or Blaire."

"Why the fuck are you putting her in cuffs?" Blaire asked, balling his fist up about to swing.

"Don't you dare give them a reason." Brat looked at him. "You don't have to put either of us in cuffs; we're going."

"Let me call someone to watch my house," Blaire said picking up his phone. "Yo? I'm finna get bagged, come through so they don't go through my shit without a warrant."

"I just passed your block; let me reverse," Devon said, making an illegal U-turn.

He pulled up within ten seconds, got out of the car, looked at Blaire, and shook his head, but when he saw Brat, he was about to lose his mind.

"What the fuck y'all got my little sister in handcuffs for?" He asked, getting in front of Brat, stopping everything.

"Who the fuck are you?" The detective asked.

"Devon Russell, Captain of firehouse 51." He said proudly, making the cops look at each other.

"She's under arrest for obstruction of justice."

"Y'all tripping, Brat-"

"It's fine, my mother already called a lawyer, and they already got a flight. I'm good." Brat reassured since she knew the look on his face.

"Let me take a picture of y'all," Devon said taking multiple pictures and videos. "When I see my brother and sister they better look exactly like these pictures. Not naan scratch."

"Take em to the car."

Brat looked at Blaire, who was already looking at her; he mumbled he loved her, making her nod her head as the cop pushed her into the car. He looked back at Devon seeing he was looking at both, he sighed getting in the car.

~

"Oh my fucking God." Indigo sat up covering her mouth as tears came to her eyes. "No way."

She ran out of the bed, going downstairs, where she heard voices trying to stop the tears from her face; Genesis was the first to look at her furrowing her eyebrows.

"What's the wrong sissy?" Genesis asked getting Flaire and Haven's attention as they looked at her.

"Sevyn and his brother got shot New Year's Eve." She said with tears in her eyes. "Duece died and Sevyn critical."

"Go get dressed, I'll take you to the hospital."

"We'll come," Flaire said as everybody stood up going to their bedrooms to get dressed.

After three minutes Indigo was running down the stairs trying not to fall as her sisters were right behind her, Flaire got in the driver's seat as they hurried to the hospital. They found parking in the ER part and then walked towards the entrance.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The patient registrar asked ready to type.

"My boyfriend was shot, Sevyn Howell," Indigo said.

"He's not in the emergency room, let me check house census." She said clicking to check for it. "He's on the 6th floor, which is the ICU. I'll have security escort you."

It took about five minutes for them to travel to their destination, once they reached Indigo ran to the nurses' station. Once she got to the room she wasted no time going in there.

Sevyn was laid on the bed with gauze around his head and a sling on his arm, she covered her mouth as tears came to her eyes. She walked toward him holding his hand, she couldn't believe he had to go through this.

"When I said I never wanted to see you again I didn't mean die." Indigo joked as she wiped her eyes to prevent the tears from going down her face. "I know we aren't together anymore but you have to live through this and make it into the NFL."

Devon walked through the hospital looking for his wife and sisters, he was already there due to him dropping a patient off with the EMTs. He saw Indigo in the room with Sevyn while Flaire, Genesis, and Haven were next to the door.

"How's she?" He asked after kissing Genesis.

"A mess since she found out."

"Who called you?" They heard making them look to see Lani walk into the room with Indigo and Sevyn.

"I don't have time for this right now, just sit down and shut up," Indigo stated.

"Why are you on my boyfriend like this? I'm about to call security."

"She wanna get beat up so bad," Flaire stated standing in front of Indigo since the girl kept inching closer. "Back the fuck up out of my sister's face."

"Sevyn's literally laying right here fighting for his life, can you chill out?" Indigo asked.

She didn't have the energy to deal with her or any other drama right now. She was feeling so guilty knowing everything she said to him. She wished he dropped dead multiple times and now he may actually be dead, it was eating her alive.

"What's going on?" Sevyn dad, Desean, asked walking into the room. "Why are you here?"

"Excuse me, watch your tone with my little sister," Genesis said.

"He told me all about how you had people threatening him since you guys broke up, you probably got both of my sons killed little bitch!"

Devon pushed his head back in unbelief. He lifted his fist punching Desean directly in his jaw making him fall down on his butt holding his jaw which felt broken.

"Watch your fucking mouth when you talking to my fucking little sister," Devon stated standing over him. "I understand you lost your son and I'm very sorry for your loss but you not gon come out the side of your mouth when my little sister clearly heartbroken."

"Oh, Indigo." Sevyn mom said as she held her heart. "Are you okay?"

"I'm so sorry for Deuce," Indigo said as she hugged her. "Neither deserves this."

Devon held his hand out to help Desean out but he smacked his hand standing up on his own, Devon nodded his head smirking as he walked out the room with his sisters.

"Come here." Genesis spoke pulling them into a corner where no one could hear them. "Tell me you had nothing to do with this."

"You know I won't lie to you," Devon said.

"Devon, why would you-"

"Be quiet." He shushed her. "I told Blaire to whoop his ass, I don't know what happened but obviously it escalated."

"Devon, you aren't in the streets anymore. You can not send people to do things because you still have pull, you're past that life or so I thought so."

"Genny, I'm not allowing a muhfucker to play with my family. Streets or not, nobody going to play with my fucking family, you know that. If I wasn't older than him then I would've done it my damn self."

"Devon, we will talk about this later. Just go back to work." She waved him off going back to her sisters.

"You okay sissy?" Flaire asked.

"Just annoyed but I'm fine."

"Aye Flaire, Brat wanted to tell you she locked up but she's fine."

"What?" Haven, Genesis, and Flaire said in unison.

"They were trying to enter Blaire's house without a warrant but she wouldn't let them so they locked her up for interfering," Devon explained.

"I have to call her mom," Flaire said.

"She already knows and she is on her way, they'll be here in another five hours but Brat should be released by then."

"I'm about to go."

"Nurse!" They heard making them look towards Sevyn who was shaking.

"He's having a seizure!" Genesis yelled out to get the nurses' attention as two doctors and three nurses ran toward the room.

"Come here." Devon grabbed Indigo as she cried.

"Back up please." The nurse said to his parents.

"The bullet in his head is shifting, we have to take it out now. We need to do surgery, we need consent."

"Please do everything to save him," Desean spoke holding his wife as they hurriedly pushed the stretcher out the room.

~

"I'm outside your house, where you at?" Ezra asked calling Haven.

"I just realized you texted me, I'm sorry. I'm at the hospital."

"Why? What's wrong baby?" He said starting his car starting his way there.

"You didn't hear? Sevyn got shot."

"What?" Ezra pushed his head back. "No I didn't hear this shit, let me call the group chat real quick."

Ezra hung up going to the football group chat, he pressed the FaceTime icon. The first person who answered was the coach who was obviously laying down, before he could say anything more people answered.

"Y'all know Sevyn got shot?" He asked getting everybody's attention.

"What? When?" The coach asked standing up.

"He good?" Bison asked.

"I don't know, Haven just told me. I'm on my way to the hospital right now."

"Where you at, E? Come scoop me," Tyke spoke standing up.

"I'm leaving Haven's house, I'll be to you in three minutes."

"Imma be outside."

"I'll see y'all at the hospital." The coach hung up.

"Word, see y'all in a few," Adonis spoke hanging up.

Ezra hung up shaking his head, he was trying his hardest to keep it together. He pulled up in front of Tyke's house, he and Maicee were standing outside. As soon as they got in the car, he pulled off making Maicee look at him but not say anything.

He found a park in the parking lot and then walked into the hospital, Haven had texted him where they were so he grabbed a visiting pass and got on the elevator going to the 6th floor. When he got on the floor, Bison and Adonis along with two other players were already there.

"Hey, Mr. and Mrs.Howell, my condolences for Duke."

"Thank you, Ezra." She smiled hugging him.

He nodded walking to Haven, he put his arm over her shoulder. "You okay lovebug?"

"Better now that you're here." She kissed his cheek. "My sister is so heartbroken."

"She probably feeling so guilty knowing everything she said to him when they were beefing."

"I just hope he makes it, this might actually destroy her heart."

"He got this."

"I think Blaire had something to do with this." She mumbled making him look at her.

"Why you say that?"

"He's locked up right now, and Brat."

"Brat? What the fuck she got to do with this?"

"Apparently, she wouldn't let them search his house without a warrant so they locked her up."

"Oh, that shit not gon stick," Ezra said looking around and seeing two doctors coming towards them.

"Mr. and Mrs.Howell." They spoke pulling them to the side as everybody looked.

"It's good news," Flaire told Indigo. "It's okay."

"Sevyn is out of surgery, he did well." Mrs.Howard announced wiping the tears. "He won't be on any football fields and will miss the championship game but he still has his life and that's all I was praying for."

"Thank God," Indigo said as she hugged her. "Can I see him?"

"Why? You broke up with him." Lani said getting everybody's attention. "He wouldn't even wanna see you."

"I keep telling you I'm not arguing with you, not now not never. You can say what you want but Sevyn knows the love I have for him and I know the love he has for me. Please leave me alone."

"If he love you why he even entertained me?" Alani asked.

"She a bird used to get a nut, I haven't loved that girl since I was fifteen. I kept her around because she was too easy but you made me never want her again and I left her the fuck alone please believe me." Indigo read the last message Sevyn sent her before she blocked him.

"Now your feelings hurt when my little sister told you to leave her the fuck alone." Flaire said. "You got one last time to say something to her before I have to get kicked out this hospital."

"Indigo baby, come back tomorrow. You for sure can see him tomorrow." Sevyn mom said making her get up to hug her.

"Thank you so much! I'll see y'all tomorrow."

As they walked out of the hospital, they were in better spirits coming back in. They stopped to get some food then they stayed the night watching movies with Indigo. They wanted to keep a tight eye on her.

~

"Where you 7:45 PM December 31st?" The detective asked.

"Lawyerrrr." Blaire smiled making them slam down on the desk walking towards him. "You be scaring other people with that? Cause it's not working here."

"I'm trying to help you kid, if you go down for this I'm going to make sure you never see light again!" The detective yelled.

"Why are you yelling? I'm right here."

"Because I can."

"You look a mess." Blaire laughed. "You saw that Tiktok with Joseline? My girl be making me watch that shit with her, you be on Tiktok too?"

He rushed towards Blaire making him stand up. "Nigga, I dare you to touch me in here. Cuffs on and we gon get busy."

"Is that a threat?"

"You wanna find out, playboy?"

The door opened making the detective look towards the door, Leval came in along with another man dressed in a suit.

"Blaire don't say anything else and let's go."

"Uncuff him." The head detective spoke.

"What? He's-"

"Uncuff him." He said more sternly.

The detective grumbled but didn't say anything else as he uncuffed him. Blaire smirked to tease him as he started laughing.

"I told you I didn't do shit," Blaire said.

"I'll be seeing you again."

"It sounds like I'll be filing a harassment lawsuit in the future." Blaire continued taunting.

Brat ran into Blaire's arms as he grabbed her strongly, he kissed her temple still holding her. He was the first to pull back as he hugged her mom too. He looked at Leval and the random man who was talking to the detectives. He waited for his belongings while they talked among each other.

"Where do you guys want to go for dinner?" Brat's mom, Tomika, asked.

"Anywhere. I'm starving." He spoke.

"Can we go to the steakhouse? I can taste the steak from last time." Brat spoke.

"515?" Tomika asked to make sure it was that one.

"Yess mommy! It was so good, remember?"

"I got the fish last time."

"Well, we're all getting steak." Brat smiled making Blaire chuckle as Leval walked over handing them their things. "Daddy, we're going to the steakhouse. Are you coming?"

"Of course, Blaire are you?"

"Yeah."

He nodded walking off as they walked in the car, he didn't have time to be going out to eat but he didn't want to hear Brat's mouth. Plus now her parents were here, she could go with them for the night.

~

"That was so good." Brat smiled. "Let's do a Tiktok baby."

"Which one?" He shook his head.

"The one like let's get the bill."

"I'm only doing one take so make it good."

"That was too good." Brat recorded herself wiping her mouth and then flipping the camera onto Blaire.

"Let's get the bill, purrr." Blaire said putting all his energy into it because she would've made him do it again.

"You're so cute." Brat smiled as the bill came making Blaire grab it.

"It's okay, I have it," Leval said.

"No it's cool, I got it," Blaire said handing the man his debit card making Leval look at him.

"Mommy, let's go take a picture in the bathroom."

"Yeah, cause I have to pee."

Brat and Tomika got up going to the bathroom as Blaire pulled out his phone to catch up on all the text messages and calls he missed. The waiter walked back handing Blaire his receipt and a pen so he could sign.

"What do you do?" Leval asked.

"I do HVAC," Blaire said.

"I thought you didn't have your high school diploma?"

"I have my GED." He spoke. "I didn't like school so my mom let me quit as long as I had a plan on making money."

"And that's the only one you make money?" Leval asked making him smirk.

"Yeah." He lied. "I want to thank you for getting me out of that jam."

"You don't have to thank me, you innocent, right?"

"Of course." He nodded. "But not everybody would have believed me, thank you for fighting for me."

"If Desi believes and trusts in you then I'll do the same." He spoke making Blaire nod.

"How'd you get me off anyway?" Blaire asked curiously.

"Desi took a picture of you at 7:35 at Flaire's house, the shooting occurred around 7:45. The location of Flaire's house from the shooting is at least fifteen to twenty minutes away, there was no way you could've made it there to shoot in ten minutes. Plus the location of your phone was at Flaire's house until 8 the next morning."

Blaire smirked, he knew leaving his phone with Brat was going to come in handy. He complained about the picture Brat took with him but now he was thankful, he was going to eat the shit out of her pussy.

"Blaire, did you do it?"

"Nah." He spoke honestly.

"Did you have something to do with it?"

"No sir." He lied.

"I can't tell if you're lying or telling the truth, that's a good quality to have."

"Do you believe me?"

"Which part?"

"All of it." Blaire shrugged.

"You're full of shit." He spoke making both of them chuckle. "But I'm your lawyer and my job is to get you out of trouble, not have you confess."

"I sense you used to get in trouble before." Blaire squinted his eyes making Leval chuckle.

"I may have sold a kilo or two in my day," Leval admitted making Blaire chuckle.

"My man." He held his fist out making Leval pound it.

"Just know when to separate those two lives and most importantly, stay safe, keep my daughter safe, and pray."

"Pray?"

"Pray for all the bad you do, you must repent."

"Hm." Blaire nodded as they walked back to the table.

"Mommy, you can just drop us back off at Blaire's house," Brat said.

"I gotta handle some shit, stay the night with your parents," Blaire mumbled in her ear.

"I can just wait up for you."

"I don't know what time I'll be in, maybe three."

"You're going to owe me."

"I know baby." He kissed her hand.

"Change of plans, I'm going to Flaire's house."

"Okay, we'll drop you off at Blaire's house so you can drive your car there."

"Thank you, daddy." She hugged Leval. "Let's go now; I'm tired."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79 62 101
tw, hope u enjoy
7.6K 362 24
Life isn't always what it seems. Life always doesn't give you what you want and it doesn't always go you're way. Everyone expects days to end with ha...
1M 23.6K 16
Nothing stays the same, everything and everyone changes. Sometimes it's for the best, most times it's for the worst. You don't ever get over anything...
624 281 30
It's hard becoming who you really are,when you hold on to your past,afraid of making mistakes,until you find yourself you keep sinking low into someo...