Curse Of The Clashing Worlds

By PearlsByShirl

[UPDATE EVERY THURSDAY] In the future, a new world is discovered linking past events to the present. Three pe... More

Readers Map
Author's Note
Characters
Glossary
Prologue
Introductory
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 Pt.1
Chapter 5 Pt.2
Clashing's Map
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Clashings Hierarchy
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
RECAP TIME!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Recap Time!
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Recap Time!
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 3

169 58 216
By PearlsByShirl

SARAH AND SAM

Sarah showed up at Sam's house.

                Sam said " So did you get it?"

Sarah replied "relax sis and yes. Tony mentioned that if someone tries to take the cheese then we pour his mix on it. It will dissolve and leave no trace."

          Sam responded "I would have never thought we would need Tony's help...is he still crazy."

            Sarah blatant said "what is not crazy nowadays. Our whole life has been turned upside down. Also girl you can't be talking about anyone since you got a demon like rat living rent free in your home."

           Sam chose to ignore that last part and took the cheese from Sarah. Sam said " we got to make a plan and I don't mean just a plan to catch this creature, I mean a plan to find out the truth. What do you think?"

             Sarah replied "first lets create phase 1 of our plan. I think we need to go old school like have a piece of cheese on a mouse trap under a bowl. So we capture the rat and put it in a cage, then have Tony analyze it."

               Sam responded "I get it, once the rat gets trapped, then the bowl will fall which will trap the creature. First let's set everything up."

                 An hour later, everything was set up. Sam and Sarah went outside to wait. Sarah said "Oh, I forgot to tell you something, I think someone was following me today. We need to be careful especially on who we trust with this situation. The more people that know about this increases the danger meter for us. We really don't know about the Happy Rat Society or Pue Dexter. I think we need to pay a visit to Mr.Edwards."

                 Sam responded "right, he can get us in touch with his friend or at least give us some more information. I think that we can also get more information from Travis, he doesn't seem too bad."

                All of a sudden, we hear a crash inside the house, Sam and Sarah ran into the house. Everything was torn up from the walls to the floor. The couches had rips in it and the feathers were flying everywhere. The walls have scratches on it. Some of the carpet was pulled up. The creature was right in the middle, passed out on the floor. Sam went into her room to get the cage. Sarah walked into the kitchen to get prongs to pick up the rat and put it in the cage. The weirdest part was that this creature looked totally different from the previous one. It didn't even look like a rat. It has red cat ears with a small head. It didn't have eyes, but the mouth was white with white teeth. The teeth looked similar to toothpicks. The body was oval shape with black fur, It only had three muscular red legs, It also had a furry tail similar to a cat.

            Sarah said " that looks more like a demon." Sarah called Tony to come over and to look at the creature.

                    Tony came over 30 minutes later with a large cage that has a feeding tube in it. He also carried his computer and a big metal silver box.

                  Sam said "Tony what is all this stuff?"

                   Tony replied "we need to know what we are dealing with... it could be aliens, man made creatures, or robots. Sarah told me everything on the phone and I will find out everything about this creature. Now where is it?"

                     Sam responded "Sarah and the creature are both in my room." Tony barged into her room and ran toward the creature.

               Tony said "This creature is magnificent. I have never seen something like this, can I take it out of the cage?"

Sarah and Sam both replied "NO".

Tony nonchalantly respond "I'm just transferring it to my cage." He opens his metal box and takes out a clear ball. Tony explained that the creature will get in the ball and it will be easier to transport the creature. Tony opened the cage and put the clear ball in front of it. He used the prongs to pick up the creature. Tony moveed it to his cage.

                Tony said "first we need to know what it eats and drinks. I will be putting different substances into the cage. First it will be water, then we go from there."

                Sarah replied " We really appreciate it Tony, do you need help?"

Tony arrogantly responded "I know you do and I work better on my own. I'll call you when I find something."

Sarah uttered "okay well we will be in the living room." narcissist .

                 Sarah and Sam went into the living room to make up the next phase of the plan. Sam's cell phone started ringing and it's the Happy Rat Society. Sarah told her to answer it. Sam heard Travis voice on the phone "Hello, Sam how are you?"

Sam hesitantly replied "uhh good thanks for asking."

                 Travis responded "I just wanted to apologize for my boss' behavior from the other day. He should have never spoken to you like that, Have you thought about it? The house?"

               Sam said "I am still thinking about it. Could we speak in person like at a shop or restaurant?"

                 Travis happily responded "of course, let's meet at the shop on 200th avenue. Is 4 pm good for Wednesday?"

              Sam replied "yes it is perfect. Well see ya Wednesday." Sam hung up and saw Sarah scowling at her across the room.

           Sarah sarcastically said " wow, you sure you haven't fallen for him?"

              Sam responded " I am helping us out by getting information from him so you should thank me. Also it may help us with having an inside person on our side."

              Sarah asked " how do you know that he won't cross us?"

               Tony walked into the room and deadpan said "we don't know, but it is good to try and find out. So the creature drinks water, but don't eat any fruit or seeds. Guys, I got an idea and I wanted to know if both of you would help me out? I have been working on a machine that can read animal minds. Long story short..my cat ate my leftover chicken and I wanted to know why she wasn't eating any cat food. She always eats my food up and leaves me with nothing."

                He jokingly said " She doesn't care about me. She would rather have me starve ......" Sam and Sarah blankly stares at Tony. Tony continues to speak

               "It's at my house and I haven't tested it out yet, so this will be a great time to test it out."

                 Sarah shockingly replied "Wait ..What, Say that again especially the cat part."

                Sam interrupted her and said "whatever you got to do then do it. We trust you."

              Sarah intervened " you not going skip over what was said.... Like it was normal. Normal people don't make machines to read animal minds." Before Sarah finished, Tony was out the door driving home.

              Sam laughingly said "you hang with weird people."

               Sam walked into her room to find the cage door is open. Sam yells "uhhhh sis we got a problem..we lost it."

                 Sarah ran into the room and asked "how?"

                 Sam uncertainty replied "I don't know, but we need to find it." Sam looked behind her bed and saw a small hole in her wall. It looked like something ate through it .Sarah walked up behind her to take a look at the hole. She lay down on the ground to look through it.

                Sarah said "this hole is bright, too bright to look through it." Sam walked outside to see if the hole leads to outside.

                Sam yelled " there is no hole".

                  Sarah ran out of the house and yelled "do you think it went outside?" 15 minutes later, Sam walked back in her room and look under the bed. It was hiding under bed and nibbling on her clothes. Sam reached her hand out for it and it started backing away. Sam softly whispered to it "I'm not going to do anything to you. I just want to make sure you are safe. My name is Sam." The creature stopped backing away and cocked it's head to the side. Sam yelled for Sarah to come to her room with the cage. Sarah walks into the room slowly and put the cage on the floor with the door open.

                     Sam said "make sure to have a piece of cheese in the cage."

               Sarah said "I know." Sam and Sarah walked backward to the door and left the room. Sam's phone started ringing and she saw Travis name pops up. Before she could greet him, he urgently said " Sam, my boss is coming to your house. Please just sell the house. it's for your own good." Travis hungs up quickly, Sam closes the door and tells Sarah to call Tony.

              Ding! Sam goes to open the door and saw Pue Dexter laughing on his phone. Before she said anything he tells her to wait a minute. Sarah pushed passed Sam and impatiently yelled " hello, my name is Sarah. You wasted gas coming here because we are not selling the house."

               Pue Dexter looked at Sarah and responded "ma'am I was on the phone with an important client, but it is nice to meet you. I came here to tell Sam that we found the results regarding that rat-like creature. May I come in?"

              Sarah responded with " we can talk on the porch." Pue Dexter explains " my scientists analyzed the creature and we couldn't find it in our database. This is new to us which means we don't know what it eats, if it's harmful to humans, or if it will bring diseases to us. It is imperative that you sell us your house. We are willing to pay you triple the amount for the house."

             Sam responded with " so these amazing scientists that can cure FKB-218 can't identify an animal. Sir, are you in it for the money or do you genuinely want to help me?"

             Pue Dexter replied " does it matter? Look we can play the cat and mouse game with me increasing the amount of buying the house and you saying no or you can just listen to me. Look, just think about it and call me." Pue Dexter walked to his car and drove away without looking back. Sarah goes back to the room to lock the cage. She put an extra lock on it just to be sure it doesn't get loose again. Sarah pulled Sam inside the house and said " it was some truth to what he was saying, but I felt he was also scared."

            Sam replied " scared for us or him?"

            Sarah sarcastically responded " well......not scared for himself."

Since you got to the end! Don't forget to follow, comment, and to like my story😊

Italics-Internal Dialogue 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 406 143
No one ever knows the whole story... Nestled deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, something is emerging. Kept in absolute secrecy, it seeps...
2.3K 508 45
"Just remember, William. . . you shall not fall. You shall not fear, there's no time to fear. This world is on the brink of change, leylines are frag...
2.9K 545 26
A neglected housecat runs away from his family and is tempted by the alluring world of the ferals, who steal from the human society that cared for hi...
917 113 41
Two worlds collide in one epic tale. Artemisia had lived in isolation for almost her entire life, but when she one day encounters a strange creature...