Kiss Me Knot

By Ravvivare

Wei Ying wakes up one day only to find out that his wife had left him. It hurt him to no end how his wife did... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue

Chapter 14

10 1 0
By Ravvivare

Lan Zu's Backstory

Lan Zu had an elder brother named Lan Hui. Lan Hui was very good and caring towards him. He was very intelligent,  smart and was very good at handling their company business. 

Lan Zu on the other hand was not interested in the company business though people can see that he is also good at it. He was more interested in travelling and photography. And because of this, his parents would always compare him to his brother. That he should be like his brother and learn business rather than waste his time on doing photography. 

This made Lan Zu feel quite hateful towards his brother. But he chose to keep it inside him. It would be crazy of him to hate his brother just because his parents were pushing him to be just like Lan Hui. 

Years later, Lan Hui introduced his girlfriend named Nie Ru to the family. She was  a very beautiful girl. She then became Lan Hui's fiance until they decided to get married. And on that wedding day, his parents started to do the comparing thing again which made him incredibly angry. He's been keeping his anger for years and only at this day did it explode. He run away from the venue and went to a bar for a drink. He thought that it would be better to drink alone than to be there in that place where no one appreciates his efforts. 

A year after that, Lan Ru, his sister in law gave birth to a very handsome baby boy. They named him Lan Xichen.  And after several years, she gave birth to another child. A daughter this time and named her Lan Zhan. 

Lan Zu found himself enamoured by the two kids. And so whenever he has a free time, he would always spend it to playing with his nephew and niece. 

One day, after getting back from his travel at midnight, instead of going to his own apartment, he decided to go to his brother's house. He was away for a week and he missed his niece and his nephew greatly, though they would often communicate on video calls. And now, he wants to be there and surprise Xiao Chen and Xiao Zhan after they wake up in the morning. 

But then when he got there and knocked on the door, he was surprised to see that it was not the maidservant of the house who opened the door but someone else. 

" Who are you? Why are you the one who opened the door? " Lan Zu asked the man infront of him.

" Lan Zu, my friend. That hurt you know? Have you forgotten me already? "

Hearing that familiar voice, Lan Zu felt frightened and nervous. But he hid it very well and tried to look a clearly at the man infront of him just to make sure if it was really him. " Wen Rouhan?!"

The said man smiled at him. " The one and only. "

Wen Rouhan is Lan Zu's classmate in college. He is the silent type of a classmate but was so handsome and crazy smart. Lan Zu being that someone who just can't leave alone someone like Rouhan, tried his very best to befriend him. His labor wasn't in vain and they became bestfriends in college. But who would've known that that same bestfriend would become his nightmare one day. 

" Wait but why're you here?" 

Fu** why is he here?! Don't tell me he..

" Because of what you said. "

Huh? What did I said? When? Was it during college? Fu**! But that was so long ago! 

" Huh? What did I said? When did I said it? Was it during college? "

The man replied with a snort. " You must have been too intoxicated to  have not remembered. "

" Okay, so when was it? "

" We met at the bar years ago. At that time when I saw you, you are already drunk and started to tell me things. You said it was your brother's wedding day. Your parents started to compare you to your brother again. You became so drunk and you said something like how you wish your brother will just disappear..."

As Wen Rouhan continued to speak, Lan Zu started to feel dread and his heart beats so fast it would explode anytime. Fu**! That guy who was with him at the bar was him?! Is someone out there playing with him?!

No..no! It was just like before. During their college years where in Lan Zu, in a moment of anger wished that his girlfriend would just die after he caught her cheating with another man who was their professor. He was so frustrated and said nonsensical things like mad. Wen Rouhan, the one who was there to listen to him speak was silent all the while which made Lan Zu became even more frustrated.

But turns out that Wen Rouhan was not uncaring or ignoring him. He was actually thinking about how to kill the cheating girlfriend of Lan Zu. 

" I was actually going to kill your brother early on. Sadly, mom sent me back to the states and was keeping me busy with the business. I apologize for the delay. But no matter. Your brother finally disappeared...."

Feeling his anger  rising up, Lan Zu pulled Wen Rouhan's collar aggressively and shook him. 

" You fuc**r! What about my niece and nephew?! What about Lan Ru?! "

" Relax. I know how you love those two. I followed you on Instagram after all. You look really cute together with them. As for your sister in law, she was getting in the way so.. "

Hearing that, Lan Zu felt a bit glad at that. Fu**! At least the kids were still alive. Cause if he killed those two, he might really just kill this mad man even though he knows he can't win against him. With all his broad stature and smart mind. 

Releasing Rouhan, Lan Zu asked, " Where are they? "

" In their room. Sound asleep. " 

Lan Zu then immediately get inside the house going towards his niece and nephew. He felt the man following him from behind but he ignored him. He was so focused on making sure that the kids are safe. And after he made sure that they are safe, he turned towards the man and decided to speak with him once and for all. 

" Wen Rouhan, just why are you doing this? "

" Why you ask? Isn't it because you want it to happen? Friends do things for their friends doesn't it? "

Yeah sure. But last time I checked, they would never kill anybody. 

" Sigh* is that why you killed Martha too? Because I wished she would just die?"

" Yes. "

" But I never wanted it okay? I just said it out of anger! I never meant it! And about brother, I was drunk! People sometimes says things they never wanted to say when they're drunk! "

Hearing that, Lan Zu saw that Wen Rouhan's eyes became dark.

" So, do you hate me now for doing things for you? "

You did it for yourself! I never want you or anyone to do it! Lan Zu thought. But for fear that Wen Rouhan might do something to the kids or to him if he anger him further, Lan Zu started to change course. 

" No! No! I...I..." Fu** this is so hard! " I appreciate it very much! " Fu** you. I don't!  " But I was just worried for you! You know, you might be imprisoned again. Like what happened during college. "

" Don't worry about me. I was freed wasn't it? Sadly though, the exchange was for me to go abroad with my parents. "

" Yeah... But what you did today, you might not be able to go that easily..."

Lan Zu didn't know how that night ended. But after Wen Rouhan left, he immediately packed stuff and put the things and kids to the car going directly to the airport. He wants to go far far away where in Wen Rouhan would never be able to reach them. 

But then no matter where he went, it was like Wen Rouhan put a tracker on him because he would always find them. No matter where he would go. 

Present 

Ughhh.. Xie Lian groaned trying to lift her head. Slowly, she started to blink her eyes and look around. The woman then found out that she was lying on the ground. There she saw several men lay around her. 

Lifting half of her body, she started to think about what happened earlier. But when she saw the bloodied body of the Su She guy, she then remembered what happened. 

" Zhan Mei! " She exclaimed and was going to stand up when she felt pain in her belly making her gasp. But she ignored the pain and tried getting up holding that pained belly. 

" Xie Lian! " a voice called her. 

Raising her head, she saw Shen Yuan running towards her with Wen Ning in tow. " Shen Yuan! Did you make it safe there? "

" Yeah. Where's Lan Zhan? And this is so unlike you. Being hit by these sh** people lying down here. By the looks at it, it looks bad."

Feeling trepidation, Xie Lian replied with an awkward smile, " Wen Rouhan got her. And I think you can guess who hit me badly like this. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 12.8K 59
"I hate you." Lan Zhan said emotionless. Just hearing it, Wei Ying's world came crashing down. But still, he tried to keep his composure...
68K 5.3K 72
Wangji and Wei Ying are childhood best friends. They promised each other that they will never break their friendship. When they grow up they develop...
22.7K 2K 18
Commander Wang has returned from the Northern Border. He already feels a spark between the prince and himself. "Wang Yibo, does it feel good?? Tell...
34.7K 2.6K 12
If you think living with Lan Wang Ji must be easy just because of his quiet personality, let me tell you that you are heavily mistaken! Wei Wuxian w...