Curse Of The Clashing Worlds

By PearlsByShirl

[UPDATE EVERY THURSDAY] In the future, a new world is discovered linking past events to the present. Three pe... More

Readers Map
Author's Note
Characters
Glossary
Introductory
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 Pt.1
Chapter 5 Pt.2
Clashing's Map
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Clashings Hierarchy
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
RECAP TIME!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Recap Time!
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Recap Time!
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Prologue

343 103 273
By PearlsByShirl

Every cause has an effect.

Every decision you make will affect someone.

What happens in a world full of selfish people?

____________________________________

In 2046, bathtub cleaners started to become non-existent due to stores selling bathtubs that can automatically clean themselves. Everyone started throwing away their bathtub cleaning products and most of it ended up in the oceans. Fishes, sharks, whales, and other sea life started digesting these cleaners resulting in changes to their DNA. The body of fishes started changing shape and colors. Whales started changing colors based on the weather. Shark bodies started changing into a flatter square shape and staying near the bottom of the ocean. The whole food chain was disastrous.

The news reported it as a natural phenomenon and no one should be worried about it. They assured everyone that it was safe and even had professionals explain why it should be safe. Restaurants started selling those fishes at a higher price and had businesses booming for that year. These fishes started selling in the grocery stores and were always sold out by the next day. Scientists explain that we may be on the verge of an evolutionary bloom for sea life. President Travis even went on a tv show eating one of those fishes.

Next few months, mass graves plagued the cemeteries and the elderly population dwindled. The elderly started showing signs of severe dementia, extreme rashes all over their body, intense headaches, and coughing up blood. Some scientists started researching and examining those dead bodies, but the government cut the funding of that research. In the end nothing was found. The government had a random scientist explain that humans may be on the verge of evolving and old people are not strong enough to evolve. WTF right?! Some new stations reported it as dying as old age to the people. President Travis was recorded saying his condolences and that he will find out why half of the older generation died. The following year, the sickness and death spread to the middle age population. Doctor offices were at capacity. The symptoms were bloodshot eyes, intense fatigue, skin lesions, and chronic airway disease. People with previous diseases like high cholesterol, blood pressure, and diabetes died first.

The news reported it as people being unhealthy. Healthy advertisements became popular in the country. President Travis went on workout shows to encourage the younger generation to maintain a healthy body. By the middle of the year, one third of the middle age population died. Medical and life insurance started surging so much that people couldn't afford to bury the dead. Scientists started receiving grants to research and do a thorough examination on the dead bodies and instructed President Travis on what measures to implement for the country. People were scared to leave the house because no one knew what was killing these people.

It wasn't until a college student started showing symptoms and dropped dead in the middle of class, then people started panicking and stopped going to work. People's reasoning for missing work was "I don't want to die, so I will be working from home" and some employers started firing people due to multiple absences.

President Travis started restricting people from being close to each other. The government informed the people that this virus was called FKB-218. Gloves and masks were made a requirement in the country. Months later, scientists found out that rats were the cure. President Travis reported that a rat can cure and give you nutrients that you need to survive. The saliva from their mouths can be injected into your body and it will start to heal your body within hours. Since FKB-218 almost destroyed people's immune systems, people have to get injected once a month for a year. The scientists classified the rat nutrients as kligs. People started hunting rats the next day. They found rats from houses, woods, yards, trashcans, and even some restaurants. Stores even started selling rats at high prices. Since President Travis did not have any laws regulating rats, people started selling rats everywhere in the country.

By 2049, rats were put on the endangered species list and regulated by the Happy Rat Society. They regulated the injections to the people in the country. In that year, 90% of people were cured and President Travis started implementing environmental measures because scientists found out the main cause of this crisis was pollution. President Travis began banning people from the oceans and lakes until they were thoroughly cleansed from the contamination. Clean water prices started surging so much that President Travis started restricting people to 2 liters of water a week. People started taking group showers once every 3 days and being responsible with their plastics by recycling them. Slowly the world was getting better one day at a time

or so we thought....

Since you got to the end! Don't forget to follow, comment, and to like my story😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

360K 19.9K 64
**CURRENTLY A FEATURED STORY** highest ranking: #11 in Science fiction ❝true happiness is only achieved without freedom. There is a girl who wakes t...
270 21 8
In the remnants of a world reshaped by cataclysm, survival is dictated by a harsh new rule - the survival of the fittest. Amidst the ruins, society h...
972 204 26
A seemingly harmless adventure turns into the cause of millions of deaths; a boy with a horrible past could have an even worse future; and I, Sam Dam...
Dust By Ana

Science Fiction

339K 19.6K 31
All the earth is torn asunder. There used to be grass, and the sun used to be golden. Children played outside, climbing trees with smiles on their fa...