Debts Will Be Paid (male read...

By Genuinenovelty

Scars run deep in all things. But how we deal with these scars depends on us. Join the adventure of a soul wh... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: family murder
Chapter 2: shootout
Chapter 3: Loo Loo Land
Chapter 4: reunion
Chapter 5: springtime slaughter pt 1
Chapter 6: springtime slaughter pt 2
Chapter 8: C.H.E.R.U.B.S
Chapter 9: back to work
Chapter 10: the wrath ring

Chapter 7: painful reminders

1.4K 28 8
By Genuinenovelty

??? POV

A figure rested on their recliner over looking the land. A scowl cursed their face as they tapped their finger on the arm of the seat. Their mind focused on nothing but revenge for that fateful night.

"The contract is set up and he will be at the meeting point."

"Good I have been waiting for this."

Y/n POV

When spring break was over we finally moved back to our main office. It felt good being back here in familiar territory. Though I can't say the same for everybody. Loona has been feeling down ever since the beach incident. I guess finding out that her crush was already in a relationship must've really hit her hard.

While she was looking through her phone and the imp couple were doing couple things Blitzo walked over and sat next to me.

"Come on why don't you make the move y/n?"

"This is really odd Blitz. You are really overprotective of Loona and saying for me to ask her out isn't like you. What are you playing at?" I was really skeptical about it all.

"Look I know. It's all out of the blue but after me and Loona had the argument I've been thinking. Maybe she really is grown up after all. So I want give her what she wants. So maybe she needs someone else to look after her. Besides it's like I said you two would be perfect for each other!" He says with optimism.

I looked at Loona and thought about it. For most of my life I have been thinking about my mission, my goal. When I completed it I would kill myself. But maybe my life isn't all bleak after all. I really did like her but I don't know if she would accept me.

I wonder I should take my shot.

I was about to do it until a thought came my mind. A reminder of the monster I am. Would she love me for being a monster. I glance to my arm as I feel my eye both covered and hidden from sight.

A painful reminder of what my purpose is. So I ask myself once more. Would she still love me for being a monster?

"I'm sorry Blitzo but I can't. It's not that I don't love her. I do, but my time is running out and I want to spare her the pain. So I must decline." My heart is screaming at me to take it all back and give her a chance. To give me a chance but cons outweigh the pros.

"I see. It sucks but nothing I can do also you have target. Don't know the client but they promise good money for a target in the human world they specifically want you to handle it." He hands me the paper.

It was odd but I didn't question it. I nodded and went to ask Loona to open the portal. She obliged and my path was opened I walked through and as the portal began to close I looked at Loona one last time before the portal fully shut.

It looks like the place was somewhere in Maryland. A lot of rural areas from where I can see. Trees as far as I can see and tracks of deer and smaller critters were seen. I walked forward trekking through the forest until I came upon a opening.

It was night and the full moon was out. I was going to make a metaphor about Loona and the moon but I would make a terrible poet.

"You finally here at long last. I have been waiting for this moment." A voice called out from the tree line.

"I take it your the client."

"More like and old acquaintance." The figure moved forward into the moonlight. Right then and there I saw who it was. My fur raised immediately as I slowly growled.

"As you remember me that's sweet. Then I won't need to explain everything." It was an exterminator Angel.

But I knew this one. I remember her all too well. My arm and eye glowed as my anger grew. The bandages and eye patch burned away from the light revealing my other side in all its glory.

The Angel in front of me is the same one that turned me into what I am now.

"Nice to see the freak is still kicking! I always wondered how the other demons haven't hated you yet?" She spoke with curiosity and malice.

"While may not be obvious it is certainly obvious that heaven and Gabriel have all but abandoned you at this point. No point of trying to go back to heaven now right?"

Exterminator Angel are better known as Lucifer's Followers. They fell from grace with their boss after the uprising. When they were out of the job Lucifer had them disguise themselves as exterminator angels to deal with the sinner population. It was simple and easy solution to keep their hunger and anger in check. This Angel hear told me all about it before she presumably killed me that day.

"I know why your here but karma's debt has already been paid. So walk away from this and move on."

"MOVE ON!?!? After you cut off my arm and humiliated me in front of Lucifer himself!? I will never forget it!? I will make you suffer!" She says summoning her scythe.

"You have brought on yourself Angel. The deal you made with house Ivalice I remember it all! I am only focused on house Ivalice but if you get I my way I won't hesitate to put a bullet your head."

My sense kicked up as I looked around ten more angels emerge from the tree line. They all readied their weapons as the main one laughed.

"I will kill you worthless dog. All these years have been leading up to this very moment. I will kill you and earn the Favour of my fellow angels once more!"

"I gave one chance to walk away but you are so adamant about this then I will oblige." My hands hovered over my holsters.

I count eleven angels all circle around me. I check my pockets for more ammo.

"Shit."

I left my ammo bag In the office. The ammo in my revolvers and rifle are all I have. Six shots in each revolver and twelve loaded in the rifle. The silence was tense as no one dared move in this very moment until it went off.

"Kill him!"

They all charged at me. I pulled my revolvers and I fired three from mercy and went into three angels killing them. I fired two from oblivion at the main Angel. She managed to deflect them with her scythe.

I fired two from mercy killing two more angels until I was hit my a kick knocking mercy from my hand. A light spear was coming for me but I used my blessed hand to grab it. With it in my hand I swung it and it pierced one of the angels in the eye they screamed as they tried to pull it out. I tricked another angel sclice the pierced angel's head off. I fired three bullets from oblivion killing three angels separately.

I holstered oblivion as I pulled out my rifle and I fired at the final two angels they dodged the bullets and swung their scythes pulling the rifle from me.

"Looks like he's finally cornered. Ha! What a little mutt he is without his little guns!" They taunted.

I dodged left and right from their weapons. Until the main Angel struck my back and kicked me to the ground. The other two angels stabbed my arms pinning them to the ground.

"Ah sweet sweet vengeance." She said stabbing my stomach with the scythe. My cries of agony were kept silent as I tried not to give her that.

"So strong and so mighty! All the more fun to see you break!" She said stomping on my right leg breaking it.

I tried to keep my cries silent but I failed. She laughed with such glee as continued to torture me. It was like the cleansing all over again.

"Let's see you break!"

I was about to pass out until I remembered. I remember being torn away from my parents. I remember the Angel crying in agony from her arm being severed. I remember the promise I made to myself.

"I need to kill house Ivalice only after that may I die."

I regained my focus as I moved my arms and I grabbed a scythe. Using it I broke free the others and I decapitated the other two angels and I kicked the last one to the ground. She tried to get away but I grabbed her wings and I ripped them off while breaking her legs.

She turned around only to see me holding oblivion to her head. As rain began to fall I saw her face full of horror.

"No. This wasn't supposed to happen! I was supposed to get my revenge!" It was impossible to her. Despite my injuries I still stood strong and unbreaking.

"Next time just walk away."

Rain fell as the Angel began to beg me to spare her. I remained steadfast as her pleas fell on deaf ears. I pulled the hammer back of oblivion my eyes were cold and my stone.

At last I pulled the trigger as the Angel screamed in agony before they fell silent. I have no remorse for her. All she gave me was a painful reminder of who I am what the monster I have become.

The injuries began to take their toll so I called Loona to open the portal. But before that I had to cover my arm and eye once more. Used whatever bandages I could find and covered my arm it managed to conceal it. For my eye I tore off a piece of my pants for a make shift bandage. Once I walked through I fell on the table due to my broken leg. The others rushed to my side asking what happened. Worry covered their faces but most of all Loona was holding me in her arms asking what happened.

"Exterminator angels. It was a trap. I managed to kill them all but my injuries got the better of me."

I asked them to get me the bandages and send me home. They were a bit hesitant mainly Loona but they complied. I told them that they can visit me every now and then to check up if they wanted.

Blitzo got me into the van drove me home. I managed to hide my arm and eye so they are still clueless about them.

Once at home I began to patch myself up and I went to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77 2 33
This is a story of a group of comrades fighting to survive in a world of torment and mystery. All the while their lives, emotions and feelings haunt...
166 0 29
We live, we feel, we love. First experience was a scar, second was a mistake, the third time was just stupid Love can be deceptive, Love can be true...
18.2K 841 65
A lonely girl from a small town in Oklahoma finds herself in the middle of Seattle, Washington. What she didn't know was fate was about to deal her a...