Sandlot chicks // Benny Rodri...

Per localdumbsimp

*enemies to lovers* GABRIELLA ( GABBY ) MCLENNAN has never really gotten on with her brothers friends. She s... Més

Sandlot chicks // Benny Rodriguez//Jordan Phillips//Yeahyeah McLennan
Part 1 - New kids
Part 2 - Baseball boys
Part 3 - Detective Queen
Part 4 - Very much appreciated
Part 6 - What the hell?
Part 7 - The party pt 1
Part 8 - the Party pt 2
Part 9 - Another one?
Part 10 - Arrested?!
Part 11 - Mall Days
Part 12 - The Scary House - Part 1
Part 13 - Scary House - part 2
Part 14 - Deny, deny, deny
Part 15 - Hospital bed
Part 16 - Fake it till you make it
Part 17 - Liar, Liar.
Part 18 - Train
Part 19 - The Boyfriend

Part 5 - Meanwhile

122 2 3
Per localdumbsimp

I included their outfits in the image above incase you want to see them, feel free to imagine something else if you dont like them :)

Gaby's pov:

I walked up to Bella hugging her from behind, she turned around grinning at me, "Hey Gaby!" she said hugging me back. "Since Teeny isnt here to-" I started but I was cut off by Benny, "McLennan! You're holding up the game!" he snapped walking over to us Allan and Squints following behind like usual. 

I sighed, "I was talking Rodriguez, besides you have plenty of players and Bella's just on first base you know perfectly well that you can send that ball in any direction you want, it really doens't matter if one of your players is momentarily busy." I replied before turning back to Bella, "anyways, I was going to go swimming and then get some ice cream, d'you wanna come?" I asked her. 

She nodded, "yeah sure, sounds great, it's wayy too hot to play anyways." we walked back to the dug out to get her stuff, "Scotty! Tell mom I'm with Gaby if I don't see you before I get home!"she yelled to her. He gave her a thumbs up and then the two of us made our way to the exit of the Sandlot. 

"Hey! Gab where do you think you're going!" Allan called after me, "Mom said you're not allowed to go to the pool alone, not after last time!" 

I rolled my eyes, "that was five years ago Allan, besides I'm not alone I'm with Bella."  I replied crossing my arms, he shook his head, "nuh-uh Gab, we're coming with you." he said putting down the bat and walking up to me. I scoffed, "the hell you are! Allan, it's the pool not San Fernando jail, we'll be fine, and other than that we don't want you to come!" 

"Yeah-yeah we are!" He replied in a steely tone, "Squints needs to go to the pool anyways." he told me in matter-of-factly tone. I raised my eyebrows, "Oh really? And why is that?" I asked crossing my arms too, Squints nodded backing my brother up, "today is going to be monumental." 

I scowled at them, "learn a new word Squints?" I mocked, then I turned back to my brother, how come he was all over protective, last time I checked he didnt give a rats ass what happened to me! "We dont need you to baby sit us!" 

Bella nodded, "exactly, besides we're perfectly capabel of taking care of ourselves Yeah-yeah!" 

He nodded, "you dont even know your way around this town much less the people in it hunny, how do you expect to take care of yourselves if you cant even make it to the pool on your own." 

Bella scowled at him, "are you always this annoying?" she snapped, I nodded, "unfortunately he is. Why can't you be more like Smalls Allan? He's normal, and doesn't change personalities every five seconds, he doesn't go from oh, go away! I don want you here to, you can't go to the swimming pool by yourself  and I need to escort you in under two seconds! Besides no one else in your little group even wants to go to the pool excpet for Squints who likes to oggle at Wendy Peffercorn like a little perv!"

Benny glared at me, "don't drag Squints into this!" 

I snorted, "am I wrong though?" 

"Shut up Gaby, just for once in your life admit that going to the pool by yourself might not be the best idea ok, what if you run into Phillips again? Just because you can swim now doesn't mean he cant push you under!" Benny argued. 

I grimaced at him, "grow up Rodriguez! He's a bully not a murderer ok, put you're petty rivalry aside with him for one moment would you? I get that he's an entitled prick but he has nothing to do with this ok? Besides there are life guards to help me if that does happen! Now, if you don't mind Bella and I have places to be!" I snapped storming out of the Sandlot, Bella close behind.

"Ohmygod!" I heard her mutter behind me. 

Skip to the pool: 

I scoffed in disbelief, Bella groaned next to, "I can't belive they brought the whole fricking sandlot with them!" she complained, I nodded in agreement, "same, I can swim and just cause Phillips dunked me a couple years ago doesn't mean I'm going to die from it now, besides it was what, two seconds, at least we actually can swim unlike some of them." I muttered sipping from my soda pop. 

Bella frowned, "if some of them can't swim what the hell are they doing at the pool?" I shrugged, "on the extremely rare occasion that they do come, they just stay in the shallow end a playfight with eachother." I told her. 

She nodded leaning back, "we'll just ignore them, it's not like we wanted to go swimming yet anyways." I grinned pulling out my pack of cards, "do you know how to play mammot?" I asked starting to deal. She shook her head, "no, but you can teach me, so it'll be fine." 

We played a few rounds before one of the policemen pulling Wendy aside caught my eye, I grabbed Bella's hand, "B, check it out, I bet he's asking about the murder." 

She nodded pulling her clothes on over the top of her bikini, I followed in suit and we suck up behind the police car to listen to what was happening, Bella, being amazingly prepared for everything had a notepad ready in her hand. We leaned in closer so we could hear what was happening better. 

"Miss Peffercorn I understand that this is a difficult subject for you but I really need you to answer the questions as best you can." the man tried patiently, Wendy let out a sob, "I'm telling you I don't know sir, one moment I was dancing with my freinds the next Helly was coughing up blood and sinking to the floor with a knife on her back, it could have been anyone that passed her!" 

He nodded and then proceeded to ask the next question, I turned to Bella only to see she was already noting it down, I could see the Police man and Wendy walk a little further out of earshot, I frowned but them turned to the open boot of his car. I tunred to Bella smirking and when I saw her mirroring expression I knew she understood me. "I bet he keeps all the files for the case in there." I said as we snuck up to the car, she nodded exitedly and pulled a camera out of her bag, I  made a surpised look, "what are you Mary Poppins, how do just have all of this stuff conveniently inside there." I asked bewildered. 

She shot me a wicked smile, "what can I say Gab, I'm a Jack of all trades." I pulled out a thick stack of papers that read Helena Bartely and then handed it to Bella before borrowing her notepad and pena dn going to spy on Wendy and the officer. "Did Helena have any enemies that you know of, anyone that would woush her harm?" he asked. 

Wendy shrugged, "no, I don't think so Helly was pretty well liked, but she did have a secret boyfriend of sorts, she wouldn't tell us who he was or anything about him really but if I remeber he was a quite bit older than her." Wendy said firgeting with the whistle around her neck. 

"Boo." someone said from behind me, I bit back my scream when I recognised the voice, it was just Rodriguez, I whipped around annoyed, "what the hell are you doing here?" I hissed trying to catch the rest of the officers conversation. He shrugged, "yeah-yeah saw you guys sneak off and we figured we couldn't let you guys go alone." 

I rolled my eyes, "well we're fine, thanks for the concern, you can leave now." 

He shook his head, "nah Gaby man, we want in on this thing you girls are doing. if we can't play ball might as well do something a bit more interesting than swimming." he said peering at the note book over my shoudler, I was still furiously scribbling down anything that I could catch while he did so. 

"Piss off Rodriguez, you have your game already." I told him stoneily as I got up to follow the police man, he fell in step with me, "you're not going to lose me that easily McLennan." he said a smirk growing on his face. I flipped him off, and decided to ignore him, which would prove harder than I thought.

Yeah-yeah's pov: 

I could see Bella taking pictures of some of the sheets of paper in the back of the officers car, "i'm pretty sure that's highly illegal." I said looking over her shoulders to see what was on them, she shrugged, "good thing I didn't ask for your opinion then." she replied not even turning to face me.  

"We want in, Benny, Bertram and I." I told her, she scoffed, and adjusted her sunglasses, "yeah-right, first of all no, second of all, no and third of all over my dead body. Besides it's not my decision to make anyways, it's Gaby and Teeny's and good luck convincing them." Bella said as she rummaged through the trunk of his car a bit more. 

I looked up the road to see that the officer wasn't coming and when I turned back to Bella she had opened the side door of his car and was halfway inside. "Smalls get out of there! You can't just walk into a police officers car and then start taking pictures of the evidence! You'll get arrested!" 

She shook her head, "relax stressy, it's not like we're gonna get caught, besides Gabs will warn me if he comes back." she replied, I raised my eyebrow as I saw the poilce man jogging back towards the car "I wouldn't't be too sure about that Smalls." I said ducking down. I could hear Bella swear under her breath and then grab my arm pulling me into the car beside her closing the door as softly as she could. 

I shot her a shocked look, "what the hell!" I hissed, she grimaced, "I panicked! Besides running away would have made us even more suspicious-" I snorted, "than what? Climbing into his fucking car?!" I snapped back. She clapped her hand over my mouth as the door opened and we sank as low to the ground as we could. This was such a stupid idea. 

The engine started and the car started to drive, I shot Bella a look that read what the hell are we going to do now? She sighed quietly as he turned on the radio of the car and Bella subtely moved up staying out of his line of sight so she could look out of the window. I copied her and could see my sister and Benny walking back towards us. 

I waved at them meekly not daring to make any rash movements incase the officer saw me and we got arested for trespassing, Gaby's eyes widened as she saw my face, she hit Benny on the arm hardly and he turned around to snap at her but saw Bella and I before he could. Help us! I mouthed as the police man started driving. 

Benny's pov: 

I could see the car driving off with Bella and yeah-yeah inside, what the hell were we supposed to do now? Gaby broke into a sprint chasing the car and I started running after her, "McLennan what are you doing, you can't exactly walk up to the guy and tell him to let them out!" She ignored me and kept running so I sped up in order to catch up with her. 

When the car stopped at a red light she gabbed my arm and made me turn away from the window, "don't look at the officer, he can't recognise us!" she told me quitelt as she took of her shoe, I shot her a bewildered look, "McLennan what the hell are you doing?" I asked her. She shot me a mischevious look, "when I say run, start sprinting like your life depends on it, ok?" 

"What? Why?!" 

She rolled her eyes, "just trust me Rodriguez, ok?" I scoffed, "says you, besides how am I supposed to trust you when your plan will result in us having to run like hell?" She turned around keeping her hair over her face, so no one could recognise us, "it's the only thing we can do to get Bella and Allan out of there before we can't keep up with it anymore now stop complaining the green light's going to go green soon!" 

Seconds later I heard a loud bang, then the openeing of a door and a yell, "Hey YOU!" the officer shouted, "what did you do?" Gaby grabbed my hand and we started bolting towards the trees at the edge of the pool the police officer not far behind. "Don't look back!" Gaby warned me as we started zig zagging through the trees. 

I nodded and then looked down at her feet, she was only wearing one of her shoes, and suddeenly I realised what had happened, "Tell me you didn't throw your shoe at his window." 

She shrugged, "ok, I didn't throw my shoe at his window."

"Why would you do that!" I asked incredulously, She shrugged, "it was the only thing I could think of short notice, now hurry up if we can lose him in the next five minutes I have a short cut that will take us back to the pool!" 

Bella's Pov: 

I saw Gaby's white shoe flyin g at the window, when it hit  the police officer startled, he opened his door instantly afterwards, "hey YOU!" he yelled at her and the person beside her who looked a lot like Benny. Then he grabbed his keys and started chasing after her leaving the door wide open. Relieved I started clambering through the car and then out through the drivers seat door, I turned to Yeah-yeah who was still in the back, "well? are you coming?" I asked him frowning. 

He nodded quickly, "oh yeah definitely, he clambered out of the back and went into the front banging his head on the rim of the car's door way, he let out a string of cursewords as he shut the door behind him, I burst out laughing and pulled it back open again, if the police man saw it was closed he'd know something was up. 

"It's not funny Smalls." he groaned holding a hand to his head, I tried an failed to supress another laugh, "yes it is, come on lets grab Gaby's shoe and then get the hell out of here." I went to the other side of the car and took her shoe so we could go back to the pool to get our things and the others before going to meet Teeny at the Sandlot. 

Yeah-yeah groaned, "I can't believe we did that, we could have just hidden beside the car!" I bit back a smile, "I panicked give me a break, it's not that easy to think of good plans under stress." I argued. He snorted, "for you maybe, other people, normal people wouldn't have gotten in the car, they would have closed the door and stayed down next to the car and out of sight!" 

She made a face, "well where's the fun in that?" 

I sighed pinching the pridge of my nose, "you're going to get me killed one day with those ideas of yours, I'm really not surprised you made such good freinds with my sister so early whan you think so alike." 

Bella grinned proudly, "what can I say, I'm spectacular."

Gaby's pov: 

We  walked through the forest-park thing, the Officer had given up about ten minutes ago and now we were taking my short cut back to the pool, hopefully Bella had been curteous to take my shoe with her when she made her escape. "I still can't believe you threw your shoe at a federal vehicle," Rodriguez muttered. I rolled my eyes, "I'm sorry did you have a better idea, for example getting our freinds arrested." 

"Whatever." He muttered and I grinned to myself, that's what I thought. "Aren't you supposed to be meeting Teeny soon?" he asked. I nodded, "yeah I am, but I'll see if Bella went to the pool first  before I go to the Sandlot." 

"You mean we." he corrected, I shrugged, "If you say so." 

"Anyways as I was saying before, Yeah-yeah, Bertram and I want to help you with your case." he told me as we neared the parking lot of the pool, I laughed, "yeah right, that's going to happen." Rodriguez sighed, "why not, you could use the help?" I raised an eyebrow, "first of all we're just fine on our own, and second aren't you baseball geeks to busy playing ball to help us with stuff like this?" 

He scowled, "we're not baseball geeks, and besides we have other intrests besides playing ball." I made a surprised face, "oh really? I wouldn't have guessed." I replied teasingly before walking through the gates and past the pool house to where Bella was standing shouting and waving. I grinned waving back and going to hug her, "you got out!" I said exitedly, she nodded, "well of course I did I'm not an idiot." 

She handed me my shoe and then looked at her watch, "well it seems like it's time to go and find Teeny." she said linking arms with me as we gathered up our things and left. I nodded and grinned, "she's gonna be so pissed she missed this."

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

179K 3.3K 10
[Benny Rodriguez x Reader] "You know, I think red and blue go well together." ~~~~ Summer of '62 was hectic. After all, when two kids decide to want...
Accidents Per <3

Literatura romàntica

1.4M 33.5K 103
*WARNINGS* This story contains: sexual & mature language/acting strong use of words. drugs and alcohol. rape and assault. weapons. violent behaviour...
7.7K 360 19
It's a rom-com with androids, murder, and mystery. When Fowler assigns you and Connor to an unusual B and E case, you do some sleuthing like the good...
202K 4.8K 35
Nova West, a girl who's bad at making friends, decides to opt it off and become a loner. She's an insecure girl, although she's too guarded to admit...