Beautiful Infatuation

By PurnimaNegi

The worst mistake that Sneha could do was to save a girl from getting assaulted. That is because the girl who... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79

Chapter 33

25.3K 1.5K 293
By PurnimaNegi

Tuesday:

"Seriously? So, you both are kind of engaged, now?" Jyoti almost screamed in happiness when Sneha gave her the news.

"Yes. I mean, the ring exchange will be held after Holi, but the relationship is kind of fixed. Shashank's parents came to my home yesterday and his mother gave me a saree and some money and dry fruits." Sneha replied with a smile.

"How is she? Your soon-to-be mother-in-law?" Jyoti asked excitedly as they awaited their first lecture to start.

"She is good... at least up til now." Sneha chuckled, but she genuinely liked her.

"So, are you like...having late-night calls with your soon-to-be husband?" Jyoti asked suggestively.

"Not yet. But, we met in the evening, yesterday. He came to the library where we talked...a lot. He helped me with my work on the upper floor, where my supervisor couldn't see me. He is actually very sweet." She said with a huge smile.

"Ooooh! Did you two kiss?" Jyoti asked with a childish smile.

"No! Are you crazy? We are still getting to know each other. And, he knows to maintain his distance. So do I." Sneha immediately rejected the idea, with a blush.

"I know, I know...You want your first kiss to be special...just like what happens in movies." Jyoti teased to which Sneha only nudged her.

"Oh, one more thing. Don't tell anything about this to Ananya or her friends." Sneha strictly warned her.

"Why?" Jyoti asked curiously.

"It's strange and weird...but her brother was in Taj too...on Sunday, I mean. And he asked me to say 'no' to the marriage proposal. When I asked him the reason, he said that he doesn't want me to put on a bad influence on Ananya. It's stupid, I know! So, I don't want her or him to know about it." Sneha explained.

"Why does he interfere in your life so much! First the dance, then the auction and now this! What's wrong with him? You should complain to Ananya." Jyoti suggested.

"Ananya is worse than me in front of Viraj. She wouldn't even yawn in front of her brother in fear of disrespecting him. Anyway, I just want to keep my distance from him from now on."

"You are right."

"This is why I parked my cycle near the stationary shop today. It will help me avoid him in the parking lot, at least." Sneha added. The stationary shop was out of the college campus and had its own small parking area.

"That's good." Jyoti nodded and they both stood to greet the professor.

After the entire class took their seat, the professor mentioned the latest announcement.

"Did you all check the college website today?" He asked to which everyone shook their head negatively.

"Very good!" The professor said sarcastically. "Well check it after the class and let me know who all are interested in the trip. I need the names before 1 pm today." He added.

The entire classroom went on an uproar on hearing the word 'trip'.

"Sir, kaha jaa rahe hai hum iss baar? (Where are we going this time, sir?)" Jyoti asked.

The professor gave a stern look to her.

"Jyoti, that is why I asked you all to check the notification. I won't let you all waste my lecture timing. Let's begin our today's discussion on..." And the professor then began his lecture.

.

.

.

"Quick quick..." Sneha urged Jyoti to download the notification file from the college website.

"Waitttt!" Jyoti mumbled and finally opened the pdf file. They were awaiting the next professor to arrive. Meanwhile, everyone did the same to read the details of the trip.

Last year, they had gone to the nearest beach for the trip. It was a fun moment for every student. And the fee was ₹1500, which was affordable for almost everyone.

Sneha and Jyoti silently read the notification on Jyoti's phone.

'All the students of Social Sciences are hereby informed that the institute is planning a 3 day educational and recreational trip to Goa. The details of the trip will be soon notified through a formal notification. The Heads of Departments are requested to enlist the names of the students interested in the trip.
Note:
1. Parents' or guardians' consent on a prescribed format is compulsory.
2. The student must be from the Institute of Social Sciences only (that is, Anthropology, Economics, Geography, History, Political Science and Sociology).
3. Students should possess their ID cards always.
4. The cost of the trip is ₹15000, inclusive of all tickets and sightseeing costs.'

Sneha's face fell when she read the cost of the trip. ₹15000 was just too much for her budget. However, on reading the fifth point, her happiness had no limit.

'5. The students on 100% scholarship are exempted from the trip cost, provided they submit their parents' consent letter.'

"Yesssss!" Sneha worded her joy and Jyoti stared at her in confusion. She was yet to reach that point.

"We are going to Goa for free free free!" She informed Jyoti and pointed at the fifth point.

They both called their respective parents for quick permission, already knowing their answer.

They were going to Goa!
.
.
.

Sneha successfully sneaked out of the college after the EVS lecture. During the lunch break, Ananya had asked Sneha about her sudden absence. And, Sneha had blatantly lied to her about being sick. She also got to know during their short meeting that Tina, Ananya and Shruti were also joining the trip team.

"Thank you, didi (an endearment for elder sister)." Sneha told the shop owner who took care of her bicycle.

Riding on it carelessly, she reached the library. However, a sudden surprise awaited her when she reached the upper floor with a pile of books to arrange.

"Shashank!" She chirruped with a huge smile. He had not informed her that he'd visit her today too. This was a pleasant surprise for her.

"Hey!" He greeted and closed the book that he was reading.

"Why are you here?" She couldn't help but ask as she started stacking the books at their apt places.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" He asked and followed her like a baby.

Sneha chuckled before replying.

"Of course, I am. I wasn't expecting you here, though." She mumbled and passed him one of the books and indicated to put it on the top shelf. He did as she asked.

"My flight is scheduled for tomorrow. So, I thought why not see my fiancee before leaving." He smiled to which she chuckled again. It was strange to be referred to as fiancee.

After setting the books, they sat on the corner table and began their chitchat. She had realized on their short meet that he was very comfortable to talk to. Even if they disagreed on certain topics, he would patiently listen to her side of the argument, instead of forcing his perspective on her. He had, what one calls, a wide thinking range...ready to accommodate each view and perspective. And, she loved this about him. He wasn't authoritative...but, he had his own ethics.

"Would you be mad if I gave you this." He slowly said and passed a blue-coloured smartphone towards her.

Sneha raised her brows in confusion.

"Why?" She asked and looked at her keypad model that rested on the table.

"I don't know when I'd get another vacation...so, I was thinking...If we could...you know...video call each other? I won't disturb you a lot....just once a day. I know you need to study too." He asked hesitantly. He knew that she was very particular about not compromising with her education.

Sneha felt awkward and strange at the same time. 'Awkward' because he wanted to talk to her and 'shy' because he wanted to talk to her.

"You could have told me so. I'd have bought one tomorrow myself." She told him after giving it a thought.

She knew he was a man...and they were in a relationship, now. It wouldn't be fair for him, if she won't give him the attention that he deserved from his fiancee.

Shashank sighed in relief. He was glad that she didn't take his suggestion in the wrong way and think of him as a pervert.

"I also wanted to give you something. Perhaps, it would make you remember me more." He said sarcastically to lighten the mood. He had made up his mind to not let her pay for it.

Sneha glanced at the tempting sight of the sleek smartphone.

"But, Shashank...We shouldn't be sharing expensive gifts at this stage! We barely know each other. What if, due to some reasons, we would have to...you know...part ways?" She asked, making sure to not sound rude.

His face fell on hearing her.

"If that ever happens, then you can return me this phone. I won't mind. But till you are my fiancee, I would be very happy if you'd accept it." He added.

"But...my parents would scold me if I'd accept it. They don't like all this." She tried to make him change his mind.

"I'll talk to you father. He won't say anything to you. I promise." He assured.

Sneha chuckled.

"I know my father more than you." She said while weighing the arguments.

"Please." He gently said and pushed the phone towards her more.

Sneha looked at his soft eyes and sighed.

"You are so manipulative!" She mumbled and took it.

"When are you leaving tomorrow?" She asked, because she decided to give him something in return too.

"Why? Will you see me off at the airport?" He asked with another of his cute smiles.

"You don't want me to?" She asked with a frown.

"Shivaji Airport at 3 pm." He quickly said so that she won't change her mind.

Sneha chuckled. It had barely been 3 days and she had already started feeling so attached to him! It was impossible!

Then she stood up to collect the next batch of the returned books and started stacking them on the bookshelf. All the while, she felt the smartphone in her jeans pocket.

.
.
.

It was already Friday. There was only a week left for the trip and she was a million times more excited for it. The closer the days came, her excitement increased many folds.

She had submitted a special leave request at the library's HR department on Tuesday itself. She needed leave for 4 days which was generally not allowed for part-timers. She just hoped that her supervisor would accept it. They had told her that the confirmation would be informed to her by Friday.

'You are so lucky that you get to visit so many new places and meet different people.' She replied to the text of Shashank who had, in turn, replied to her after 2 hours.

She had realized that he barely got breaks during his office hours. And, whenever he got one, he'd text her or reply to her text. So, their conversation spanned the entire day with each text popping after an hour or so. They could barely text continuously for even 5 minutes. But, for her, it was an exciting affair in itself. She liked this waiting period.

Keeping her new phone, in her pocket, she got into work. She knew that his next text message would come after his office hours would get over, which was at about 6 pm. She wondered if he was still wearing the handmade bracelet that she gave him on Wednesday.

Sighing, she looked at her watch. It was 5:25 pm.

She held the piles of books from the counter and analysed them. They were mostly children's books. So, she decided to first stack the books in the kids' section.

Holding about 15 books, she walked towards the corner. The kids' section was thankfully on the ground floor, for the convenience of the kids.

She looked at the empty section. It was the least occupied section of the whole library. Kids these days didn't use the library as they used to in her times. Thanks to the internet and YouTube.

"Okay, Cinderella, go back to your Prince Charming." She mumbled and placed the book beside another book featuring a typical British looking prince.

After keeping the last book on the shelf, she was about to step back when she saw a hand snake from her right towards the top shelf. The sudden movement startled her and she looked sideways to see who this person was.

Her fear and confusion multiplied exponentially when she realized who this person was.

"Wh.what are you doing here?" Sneha asked Viraj who was leisurely taking out a book from the top shelf while looking down at her.

"What does one do in a library? I need a book." He replied in his signature arrogance of which he was the only king.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 7.7K 112
Warning : This story is intended for readers aged 18 and above. It contains explicit content, including violence and marital rape, which may be offen...
10.6K 589 24
Agastya Singhania, well known leader of phoenix mafia gang and man of his words. He is known for his punctuality and strict adherence to routines. He...
7.8K 539 22
Situations made Shivaay a billionaire CEO into a Mafia leader. His only motto of life was to avenge his sister's death. He was having a face-off with...