Sleeping With The Enemy (Harr...

By BritishBums

Jane Hendricks and Harry Styles were arch enemies. Not JUST enemies, but it was just completely hate between... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 *TEASER*
Chapter 23 *continues*
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
TO BE DELETED
Chapter 33 + APRIL FOOLS!!!!! LOL
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 *LAST CHAPTER*
Epilogue
Author's Note & Acknowledgements

Chapter 5

411K 6.6K 2.6K
By BritishBums

Sleeping With The Enemy

Chapter 5:

-Jane-

I turned the stove off once the water was boiling, pouring them into two mugs and tossing tea bags into them, adding sugar to both to, not really caring how much I put.

I was now in some pajamas and a tank top, my hair in a messy bun as I still kept my make up on. I mean I had someone here, so I wouldn't like to show my face, really.

I sniffled, carrying both mugs to the living room where Harry was now making himself at home, layed on my couch as he flipped through channels on the tv.

"Here." I grumbled, setting the tea on the table beside him as I sat on the other couch, as far away from him as possible.

He gave me a glare, before reluctantly picking up the mug and sipping slightly from it.

"Umm, you're welcome."

"No thank you," He smirked, cocking an eyebrow.

He stopped at one of my favorite shows, as he tossed the remote to the carpet floor. Wow. What manners.

"You watch Pretty Little Liars?" I asked disbelievingly. This was more of a girl show, but.. I was still wondering why he was watching.

"What? The chicks are hot." He nods, as I rolled my eyes. I should've known something like that would've came out of his mouth.

Sitting in silence, I put my attention over to the tv. They were playing a few re runs, now on that Halloween special. This was my favorite, actually.

A small gasp left my mouth, seeing Aria in the train.

"DON'T DRINK IT! NO!" I blurted out, as I slammed a hand over my mouth. "Damn, sorry."

Harry smirked. "Smooth."

"Shut up."

"Make me." He bit back, this little argument once again getting heated.

We both drank from our tea the same time unexpectedly as I looked at him with angry eyes. "I'm gonna.. I'm gonna go on upstairs. Umm.. You're sleeping on the couch." I nod once.

"Night, bitch." He glared at me.

"Shut the hell up." I talked through gritted teeth, looking at him with menacing eyes.

He chuckled evilly, as I rolled my eyes, not taking one more look at the disgusting little bastard.

I trundled up the stairs, slamming my door right behind me once I reached my room. "Shit." I panicked, setting my mug down on my bedside table.

I took a deep breath, my palms sweating. Why did I even let him in? God..

I shrieked, jumping slightly as the ring of my phone interrupted me. Who else would call me at like 1 in the morning?

"Hey, El." I talk into the phone.

"How are you? Are you alright?"

"Barely." I chuckled weakly.

"Where's the jerk at right now?" She asked, disgust in her voice.

"Downstairs on my couch." I mumbled.

"Why'd you let him into your house?''

"Because it's raining hard outside, have you seen?"

"So? That doesn't mean you have to care."

Silence.

"Well.." My voice trails. I give up, sighing.

"Oh you like him." El teased, as I could feel her wiggling her eyebrows.

"What the.. No!" I shout defensively, scrunching up my nose in the process. "El, I HATE him, get that through your head." I rose my voice.

-Harry's POV-

"What the.. No!" I hear a faint shout coming from above me. I lower the volume, listening intently as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"El, I HATE him, get that through your head." I hear Jane say weakly, but she was still shouting.

I smirked. Well the feeling's mutual. If you think Jane's all goody two shoes, she isn't. She's a bad ass just like me. Back in high school, there were always tons of rumors going around that she cheated on her current "boyfriend" with some jock on the football team.

So we're both just as evil, if she can't see. Oh I'm not evil.. Think of me as a.. Fallen angel.

I sigh, turning off the tv as I got to my feet, walking around her living room, still naked. I mean I don't see what's so bad about walking around naked. God made us like this, so why can't we just be naked all the time? That's just what I think.

I cross my arms over my chest, seeing the picture frames all over the walls.

The pictures were mostly of Jane with people I didn't even know, and some that were slightly familiar.

I glare at the last one of Jane all wet at some water park in her bikini as she had a duck face on.

Damn, she was hot. But that's all I really saw her as. Just some hot chick who had some feisty attitudes.

I walked to the sideways, stumbling slightly over a small shelf.

"Shit." I whispered.

My eyes travelled over to the shelf, seeing movies, books, and.. Video tapes?

There were only a few, but they had words written in sharpie.

'HIGH SCHOOL MEMORIES' one wrote as I pondered. Well who else went to high school?

I slipped it out, sliding it over my hands as I flipped it over.

Walking over to the tv, I curiously slipped it in, falling back onto the couch as I pressed play.

"Hello, I'm Jane Hendricks!" It started. She looked like she was in just the 9th grade in this one..

And then I suddenly remembered. I remembered doing this time capsule thing where we had to enter a recording booth and basically just record ourselves, talking about ourselves.

I smirked. The only one I've actually watched was mine, really.

She looked so.. Different. Back then she was a bit dorkish, but when it came to 11th grade and up, she was probably one of the hottest girls at school.

Well obviously the only time capsule video I saw was mine, because I remembered no one ever got to see it except for ourselves.. But since Jane kept hers, I had full access to her deepest secrets.

"Soo, I'm Jane, and I'm new here. I'm in the 9th grade, so please don't tease!" She smiled. "It has been about a month through my first year here, and I guess you could say I am enjoying it."

I smirked. She was such a loser.

"Well.. The boys here are pretty cute." She shrugged, smirking at the camera.

I laughed, covering my mouth, seeing that I was laughing a bit to loud.

She breathed out. "I don't really have much to say.. But that I guess that the only thing bad about this school is that I can't really fit in.."

"That's what she said." I muttered to myself, smirking at my little inside joke.

"Anyway, more about boys. Since we won't be looking at these again until in like 2014 or something, I guess I should just say something I'll definitely remember." She cocked an eyebrow.

I watched intently. Here it was going to come.

"There's this boy," She fiddled with her fingers. "He's.. He's in my same grade, and he's just really somethin'." She nods smiling slightly.

"Even though he barely notices me, I notice him like.. Ever since I came here." She goes.

"Get on with it." I mumbled, turning the volume up.

"His name's Harry."

-Jane's POV-

I had woken up from my sleep as my body almost fell off the bed. "Oh shi----"

To late. I flipped over, falling roughly onto the ground.

I shrieked in pain, as my ring finger bent back slightly once my body fell mostly on it.

"Ow!" I whined, biting my lip to hold back tears. That hurt.. "Ah shit." I cussed, holding onto my finger as I tested it. It still slightly hurted, but I guess you could say I was fine. I'd live.

I blinked my almost tears away as I got to my feet, rubbing at my side. I switched my fairy lights back on, yawning in the process.

-Harry's POV-

I nearly choked on my saliva, as I paused it, processing what she just said. I rewinded it, hearing those words again.

"His name's Harry."

My shocked face soon turned into a smirk. How cute. She used to like me. Well that isn't surprising. All the girls literally worshiped me back at high school.

I then hear a loud thud and then a shriek come from upstairs. What was that woman doing up there? Having sex? No, just joking.

I let the video tape come back out, me turning off the tv as I put it back in its spot. Now I had something to blackmail her with. That was my goal.

I traipsed up the stairs, walking into her room as she was sat on her bed staring intently at her phone.

"You alright, I heard something fall." I leaned on the doorframe.

"Why do you care?"

"I thought it was a.. Burglar." I lied, clearing my throat as I fidgeted.

"Okay. I'm fine." She nods once. "Night. It's getting late."

"I'm not a child." I retorted, narrowing my eyes.

"Then stop acting like one." Jane rolled her eyes at me.

"You liked me." I just got straight to it, smirking.

-Jane's POV-

"Excuse me?" I rose an eyebrow, slightly taken aback.

How did he.. How did he find out? I.. I never told ANYONE back then.. Oh god..

"You used to like me. You don't need to lie, love."

"Shut up, don't call me that." I spat.

"Okay, okay."

I didn't have an answer.. I was caught by the enemy, and I was just trapped in this situation.

"That was then and this is now." I finally brought some words out.

He shrugged, coming up closer. I backed away, until I reached my bed, stumbling back slightly.

"Who said that you let it go?" He whispered, his hot breath tickling at my face slightly.

I closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes one by one, he had then kept his distance once again. "Night." He says, leaving slowly as he shut my door closed.

Still frozen, my cheeks had started to grow hotter.

I was blushing.  

----------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Okay ship name is officially Haney!! lol pronounced Hay-nee!! :)

And ooh! Harry is all getting close to her and she's just all disgusted and I'm like laughing because Harry is just trying so hard while Jane's trying to resist him! Tehehe..

Okay.. Let's see how the both continue, ey??

Vote and comment! And fan! Oh yeah!

Btw, sorry for the spelling or grammar mistakes in this. I typed this mostly on my phone >.<

Thanks~~

-BritishBums

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 44 10
Naya Jones is a beautiful girl, wanted by many. She thinks she has everything, a boyfriend, friends and going out all the time. But when that one day...
30.5K 1.6K 46
[EDITING] THEN: Athena Scott always had excellent grades in high school, is pretty on the outside, and was admired by many people. However, due to he...
2.2K 147 21
Final Book In the Sleepless Nights Series "I need you." "Harry.." I whispered as he leaned against me. I didn't want to push him off. I wanted to sta...
339K 9.6K 47
***One of my first stories! I will be editing and fixing the story up** **VERY CARROTY**** Harry Styles and Jenna McCarthy were best friends bac...