Chapter 24

Sleeping With The Enemy

Chapter 24:

-Jane's POV-

Me and Harry had an awfully awkward ride back to wherever the boys and him were currently staying as I sighed. It was going to be even more awkward once we get there. I just knew it, because the boys would still be at the arena once we reached their place.

Fiddling with my phone, I played with the ends of the case, as I looked out the window, pretending to actually be interested in whatever I was looking out at.

Harry turning on the radio interrupted my thoughts as I glared at him, before looking back outside.

"Hey." I mumbled, looking up at him.

He looks at me hopefully.

"Thank you for defending me the other night. I forgot to tell you. It wouldn't be nice of me if I didn't say thank you, and maybe something bad would happen to me, and then maybe I would've done something stupid if you weren't there and I thank you for that." I rambled on nervously as I take deep breath after my long sentence.

He chuckled. "No problem."

I pull a small smile.

"So why'd you do it?" I accidentally blurted out. I wanted to dig for the truth. Whatever he was trying to pull on me.

Harry peered into my eyes, his stare literally burning right through me.

He didn't answer for awhile, making me think he just dropped it as of now, but to my surprise, he spoke up.

"I didn't want people hurting you, because of something I did. I'm tired of seeing you suffer because of me." Harry mumbled, licking his lips before setting his eyes back on the road.

I laughed, cocking an eyebrow. Since he wasn't laughing along, he probably wasn't kidding. "You're kidding me, are you?" I say disbelievingly.

"Jane, I'm being serious." He groaned. "But only this time around."

I nod once. Furrowing my eyebrows, I bit my lip.

"But why? You shouldn't be.. I mean.. What we did today was just messing around right?" I whispered.

I believe it wasn't..

"I came back for a reason, Jane."

I fidgeted nervously, not really wanting to bring this up. But I think it really was going to reach its climax. I haven't even prepared myself for a conversation like this.. I had no idea either!

"Why'd you come back?" I whispered. "I thought you would've been out of my life for good." I grumbled, fiddling with my fingertips.

"We hated each other, I know." He reads my mind, nodding his head once.

A silence was shared once again, me being brave enough to give him a glance.

"Remember when we used to always tie our shoelaces together during class?" I smiled slightly at the memory.

Harry smirked. "You started the whole shoelace scene. I was going to go walk up to the teacher's desk, me nearly face planting myself."

I laughed throwing my head back. "Oh and the mashed potatoes in your hoodie."

He groaned, laughing as well. "I had to throw that out. Mum was very angry with me." 

My giggles echoed the car as I covered my mouth. "Oh my god I laugh weird."

"No you don't." He says sarcastically.

Rolling my eyes, a smirk played on my lips.

"I still haven't forgiven you for what you did to me on graduation." He says disbelievingly. "My mum hates you for that!"

"Well it was just ot get back at you!" I argued.

He shook his head, but I could also see the smirk on his face.

"Are we still gonna be going at it?" He mumbled.

"What?" I asked, not really catching on what he was saying.

"Are we really going to still.. Hate each other?"

"I don't know, why don't you answer that question." I grumbled with a shrug.

Before he could answer, we reached their current place. The hotel was lit up, though it was still day which I believed was a waste of electricity. What the hell, I'm no electrician!

"Shit." Harry grumbled, seeing the people with cameras in hand and some bigger cameras with them in front of the hotel.

"Err.. What are they doing here?" I asked, completely clueless.

"They just want some fake stories that they can give out to the public. Now come with me. Just act normal." He nods reassuringly.

I walked side by side with him, not looking at them as I stooped my head low.

"HARRY! WHO IS THIS?!"

"IS THIS YOUR NEW GIRLFRIEND?!"

"WHERE'D YOU TWO COME FROM?!"

"HEY! HARRY OVER HERE!"

All kinds of things were being hollered as I bit my lip, growing nervous.

I feel a hand grab mine shyly, squeezing it slightly.

I looked up at him, a bit taken aback at first.

Squeezing his hand back, I wanted him to know that I was okay.. Okay with him holding my hand.

I mean just for now. Not like it means anything.

We awkwardly walked into the hotel as Harry sighed.

I dropped his hand, sending him a small glare before following behind him.

We walk into a really pretty elevator, me looking like a lost puppy or something.

"Floor 69, huh." I bubbled out a laugh as I find him select the floor.

His smirk grew wider. "Well we'll see what that means." He mumbled, his hand purposely brushing my ass.

I crossed my arms over my chest, rolling my eyes.

Harry laughed, instead.

_______________________________________

A/N:

So this is a filler only! A longer update will be up by tomorrow!! Promise! I sent a message to all my followers saying my posting schedule, soo I hope you know how I'll be posting nowww :3

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT GUYS! I KNOW IT'S BEEN A COUPLE OF DAYS, BUT I'LL UPDATE A COUPLE MORE TIMES AGAIN! NO WORRIES!

-BritishBums xox