Chapter 6

Sleeping With The Enemy

Chapter 6:

That night, was definitely one of my sleepless nights. My king size bed, somehow felt lonely. But I ignored the situation.

My head rolled to the side, glaring at the alarm clock on my bedside table. '2:23AM' the red luminating numbers red. The numbers seemed to taunt me, as I stared longer.

I looked away in annoyance, staring back at the ceiling under my covers.

Even though I was 18 now, I would still get scared of the surroundings around my room. Like how the tree branch outside would tap on my window, as if it wanted to break the glass it self. And how I somehow heard the wind outside blow hardly. It felt like there was a presence I'd never experienced before, which frightened me.

Somehow, when I thought of it, the sounds started to come in again. My eyes widened, my hands clenching the covers around me. "Shit, shit shit.." I cussed in a whisper as I closed my eyes.

These things also resulted because of the thousands of horror movies I've been seeing by myself in the living room constantly. I guess this is what I get. It's like I'm hearing things that aren't even here.

A thump sounded as I jumped slightly flinching. My breathing got heavier.

It was just my phone that seemed to slip from beside me and fall on the carpet floor.

I shakily picked it up, afraid an imaginary hand would grab my wrist from under my bed.

I gasped, my head turning to the window, the sihouhette of the branch suddenly turning into something different.

I can't do this anymore. I closed my eyes. I hated being alone in my room. I always invited El over, but if she didn't come, I would just stay at her place. But now, I was alone. And I was always scared of that. Seriously.

I slowly got up from my bed, my feet padding across the carpet as I slowly left my room, making my way down the stairs quietly.

I walk into the dark living room, seeing Harry's body sprawled across my couch, snoring softly.

It seemed he had sensed my presence as he slightly stirred in his sleep.

I walked slowly up to the body, softly tapping him on the shoulder.

He didn't make the slightest movement, but continued to sleep on.

I shook him harder as he groaned turning to face me. "What?" He asks groggily, narrowing his eyes.

"I.. Look. You can come sleep in my room," I state simply, not really wanting to bring up the part that I was scared to sleep by myself in my own room.

"Jane, it's like 2 in the morning, it's okay, I can sleep here."

"No." I say bluntly.

He looked up at me with my blunt response. "Why?"

"Just.. I'm scared up there by myself." I blurted out with a sigh as my cheeks started to grow hotter once again.

Even though we were in the dark, I could still see the smirk playing on his lips. "Okay. I'll come."

"Don't you try anything." I slapped his hand away from touching my ass as I continued doing that as we walked up the stairs. He seriously tried sneaking a teasing touch as he lowly laughed.

I turned on my dim lights as he shoved past me, sprawling across my bed with impudence.

"Excuse me, this is my bed." I talk through gritted teeth, trying to move his heavy body over. But it was no use, because I was so weak, and I was such a small girl.