Chapter 20

Sleeping With The Enemy

Chapter 20:

-Jane's POV-

I close my eyes, pulling away wistfully.

"I wasn't supposed to do that, I'm sorry." I apologized, shaking my head.

He looked shocked for a second with what I did, as I bit my lip nervously. What was he going to say? And most importantly what was he going to do?

I had no idea what I was getting into.. My palms were sweating like a waterfall, and my heart felt like it was literally going to just fall out of my chest.

"Jane, I'm so sorry. Whatever I did to hurt you, I'm sorry." It sounded like he was pleading. "I can't stand hurting you."

Speechless.

When no words left my mouth, Harry suddenly had the urge to give up, about to walk away. Again.

I sighed. "Harry! Wait a second!" I shouted, running after him.

I stood in front of a very tall figure as he looked at me with questioning eyes.

"You forgot your jacket." I mumbled.

"Give it back to me when you change your mind." Harry shook his head.

This time, I didn't run after him. I didn't want to run after him. I looked like some desperate and stupid tramp.. I think I was already a tramp.

His body took stride steps, turning the corner, and was vanished just like that.

Groaning, I ran my fingers through my hair frustratedly. Was I really the one feeling guilty now? Was it all Harry's plan to make me feel good about him after he defended me? I think I was falling for it..

I couldn't be.. I can't stand getting tricked and getting hurt again. I hate it.. Especially by Harry.

****

The next day had been pretty lonely, El had still been busy, growing even more busy.. And Niall said something about rehearsal with his bandmates, and now I'm here all alone, sinking in my terrible feelings.

My feet padded across the soft, furry carpet, me making my way to the kitchen.

I pulled out a tub of ice cream from the freezer, grabbing a giant spoon and walking over back to my living room.

Plopping down on the sofa, I switched on the tv, looking for something decent to watch.

The movie that was currently playing once I stopped once I stopped on a completely random movie.

The Perks of Being A Wallflower.

I love this movie!

I settled down, freezing. I don't like my living room..

I quickly grasped my ice cream, sprinting up the steps, being careful not to spill the ice cream.

Preferring to watch it in my room alone, I slammed the door, quickly switching my tv on and now getting settled on my comfy bed.

Scooping some ice cream and stuffing in my mouth, I sat back with a deep breath.

Instead of my eyes fixing on the movie, it fixed onto the coat hanger right beside it that held both Harry's jackets.