Connected To You | Ghost Hunt

By JustMeBeingLazyTwo

She was so familiar to him, as though she was a dream he had soon forgot and to her he was nothing at all but... More

Filled With Evil Spirits?
END: Filled With Evil Spirits?
Doll House
Doll House
Doll House
Doll House
Doll House
END: Doll House
Sneak Peek
Ghost In The Park
Ghost In The Park
Ghost In The Park
Ghost In The Park
END: Ghost In The Park
Cannibal Pleasure
Cannibal Pleasure
Cannibal Pleasure
Cannibal Pleasure
END: Cannibal Pleasure
Silent Christmas
Silent Christmas
Silent Christmas
Silent Christmas
END: Silent Christmas
SNEAK PEEK
School Nightmare
School Nightmare
School Nightmare
School Nightmare
School Nightmare
END: School Nightmare
SNEAK PEEK
Tragic Began Where Their Love Story Ended
END: Tragic Began Where Their Love Story Ended
Forbidden Pastime
Forbidden Pastime
Forbidden Pastime
Forbidden Pastime
Forbidden Pastime
END: Forbidden Pastime
Bloodstain Labyrinth
Author's Note
Bloodstain Labyrinth
Additional Case: Project Have Fun
Sneak Peek
Cursed House
Cursed House
Cursed House
Cursed House
Cursed House
Cursed House
Cursed House
END: Cursed House
AFTER CURSED HOUSE

Tragic Began Where Their Love Story Ended

558 25 11
By JustMeBeingLazyTwo

Note: This Ghost case is something I found on another anime and I just can't help but imagine if Naru and Akemi were the one to be there!

~~~

MAI AKEMI NARU

"Woah! Akemi-sempai, look! It's the beach!" Mai points outside the rolled down car windows.

The heiress gives a wry smile, couldn't actually see the view. And it seems Mai realized her words because the high schooler gives Akemi a sheepish apology.

On their way to the beach consists of Naru, Akemi with her pet Oliver, and Mai— specifically sitting in the order. The SPR per usual, looks around the area they are going to be working on before they make a move of sending the equipment in. So here they were in Akemi's car with a designated driver.

"A haunted house?" Mai blinks, turning her head to keep her attention in the heiress.

"That's right, they say the ghost of a woman haunts the house." Akemi says while they sat at the back of the driving car, beside them was the beautiful view of the ocean. "You know that old house on top of the cliff?"

"Oh, Is that it?" Mai points, already seeing a mansion like beach house on a high cliff within the mountains and sea. It was eerie yet exquisite looking— knowing it's being haunted made it eerie.

"Right now, we'll be going to meet the current caretaker of the house, which is not far from the actual cliff house." Naru speaks beside them as they finally got out of the car— Akemi telling the driver stay around for a moment, she'll call when they needed him.

Once she finishes talking to the driver, the three people faced the cemented stairs leading them to the cliff house.

Naru walks ahead first, Mai followed next with Akemi and Oliver behind her. The dog, doing it's duty to guiding Akemi from an unfamiliar place.

"Neh~ doesn't that seem interesting? How about we take a look into it now?"

"eHhHH!?" Mai widens her eyes at the heiress walking up the steps next to her.

"It seems fun! Why don't we go check it out Mai?" Akemi chimes, a spreading smile on her lips.

"Sheesh, Akemi-sempai, you and your fetishes..."

It took them a couple more steps, Mai was already giving her last breath when they finally reached the caretaker's house.

KNOCK— KNOCK— KNOCK—

Naru knocks on the door, waiting for a while until a soft "Who's there?" Spoke on the other side.

CLICK—!

The door unlocks, pulling open to reveal an aged-woman, gray hairs tied to a loose bun and small spectacles placed on the small bridge of her nose. Her eyes black yet turning a bit grayish while her skin showed a few loose and wrinkles, especially on her cheeks that revealed this woman smiled a lot even to this day when the old lady greeted them with a soft smile.

"Yes?"

"I'm Shibuya from the Shibuya Psychic Research." Naru gives, lifting his hand to gesture to the girls behind him. "These are my assistants, Maruyama-san and Taniyama-san."

"It's nice to meet you," Akemi elegantly bows, before sheepishly smiling to her dog Oliver. "I hope you don't mind a dog around..."

The old lady brightened, waving a hand of dismissal. "Oh shush! It's totally fine, I love dogs. I think they are great company— even my cats like them! haha~" The old lady laughs with genuine glee before realizing they were standing outside. "-Why don't you come in? Come now!"

The old lady gestures for them to sit by the living on the long couch, Akemi letting Mai sit between her and Naru since she needed Oliver to stay on her side.

The living room was quite homey and elegant. Having a cabin like design with a huge window that presented lookers the perfect view of the cliff house in between the mountain hills and the sparkling sea.

Once the old lay sat on the single sofa in front of the long family one, Naru went directly ahead to ask some questions. Akemi didn't expect less of it, knowing Naru's workaholic mindset he was bound to ask questions the minute it allows him. 'Such a hardworking man... hihi~'

"You know that house has a very sad love story to it," The caretaker sighs, leaning more into her chair with her hands on her lap. One of her cats jumping in for the old lady to caress his fur. "I believe I might be the only one who knows what happened..."

The reason why the SPR were even considering a case due to a call and a visit from teenagers a few days ago. They decided for a test of fear and unknowingly trespassed on the property but they were sure enough a ghost resides in the house when a friend of theirs passed out from seeing books floating around, the furniture kept making noises and moved like there was an earthquake. They were really frightened and told the SPR.

However, knowing the teenagers has no say to what they should do to the mansion, they asked— well Akemi asked if there were caretakers or owners nearby and soon enough they are meeting this old lady that willingly allows them to venture on the house, if it meant having to work the ghost.

"What happened there?" Naru takes out a folder, Akemi handing him a pen.

The old lady took a deep breath, before turning to glance at the window where the cliff house can be seen. "In that house, lived a beautiful maiden. She had a nice lover, but their parents opposed their marriage... so they dated in a small boat under the cliff near the house."

Mai gushes, a streak of blush on her cheeks. "That's so romantic..."

The Old lady sent Mai a small smile, it was romantic. "-But soon the maiden was cast into an arranged marriage by her parents. They were troubled once they knew." The old lady continued, pertaining to the lovers. "... So he left and wished her happiness. Still, the maiden waited and waited for him in the boat day after day yet he still didn't come, which saddened the girl and left her crying." The old lady says, a sad look on her face. Lowering her gaze to the cat on her lap,

Even Akemi kept quiet, fully listening at the story with a heavy heart. 'Would she also be like that? Her grandparents are after all thinking of suitors for Akemi right now... no matter how opposed they are,'

Akemi shakes away her thoughts, snapping out when Naru spoke.

"Then what happened?"

"On a stormy night, she looked out her window and saw someone in the shallows." Akemi could already tell where this was going. "She ran to the waters where the boat usually was. However, her feet slipped and she drowned beneath the waves..."

"No!" Mai covers her opened mouth with both her hands, her heart churning beneath her chest.

The old lady shakes her head, feeling saddened once more. No matter how long it has been, she still mourned her older sister. "Soon after, the room where she left was believed to be haunted by the ghost of the maiden, herself— seated in that room."

"Even in death she still waits for him to return to her, huh?" Akemi lightly mutters, the thought of the maiden dying with love in her heart made a sad smile permeate the heiress' lips.

"What a sad story." Mai nods next to Akemi, while Naru remained quiet.

"Is it possible for us to see the building at this moment?" Naru asks the old lady who hums a yes. Without further ado, Naru stands— Akemi and Mai following his lead as the lady showed them the cliff house.

"Mai call Lin," Naru says before they left the caretaker's house— waiting for the old lady to get her keys. "Tell him we need a few minor equipment such as..." Naru listed off the things they might need to check out the building, Mai listened intently. But by the end, she needed to take out her notes to remember everything Naru told her.

"While we wait for Lin, we are going to look the place and scope the area. Look for possible reasons for the sounds or anything to debunk a few events." Akemi nods, tilting her head with a light "Hai~!"

"Eh? Akemi-sempai how are you going to look around?" Mai asks, noting that it meant they each go survey the building by themselves.

Akemi innocently blinks, pointing to herself. "Don't worry about me, I have Oliver with me— I feel a lot safer with him around~" Behind her Naru paused. "Ain't that right, boy?" Akemi nudges her dog, the golden retriever huffing beside her.

Mai widely smiles at the sight, Akemi lifting her gaze back to Mai. "See?"

"Let's go." Naru's sudden voice made the girls jump. They turned around already seeing the old lady walking ahead of them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 599 15
Naru was curious, when he got back to Japan he found everyone except Mai. And now they have there first case and are being joined by a lone ghost hun...
20.5K 430 24
(This story happens after Naru and Lin had left, they had been gone for one year.) You are just a normal girl, living a normal life. Or so you though...
5.4K 300 102
After dealing with the demigod in the Cursed House arc SPR must tackle even more dangerous cases! Case 13: Never What It Seems-When Naru takes on an...
462 10 8
Another school, but this time some of the rumors aren't just ghost stories. Fox spirits, train accidents, spoon bending and more-SPR has their hands...