Piper ~ H.S

By Shani_Shana99

❝Mummy, why can't you marry Harry Styles?❞ *** 21-year-old Leah Marrone was never successful in love. But she... More

Piper ~ H.S
~Prologue~
~One~
~Two~ *
~Three~ *
~Four~ *
~Five~ *
~Six~ *
~Seven~ *
~Eight~ *
~Nine~ *
~Ten~ *
~Eleven~ *
~Twelve~ *
~Thirteen~ *
~Fourteen~ *
~Fifteen~ *
~Sixteen~
~Seventeen~
~Eighteen~
~Nineteen~
~Twenty~ *
~Twenty-One~ *
~Twenty-Two~ *
~Twenty-Three~ *
~Twenty-Four~
~Twenty-Five~ *
~Twenty-Six~ *
~Twenty-Seven~ *
~Twenty-Eight~
~Twenty-Nine~
~Thirty~
~Thirty-One~
~Thirty-Two~
~Thirty-Three~
~Thirty-Four~
~Thirty-Five~
~Thirty-Six~
~Thirty-Seven~ *
~Thirty-Eight~
~Thirty-Nine~
~Forty~
~Forty-One~
~Forty-Two~
~Forty-Three~
~Forty-Four~
~Forty-Five~
~Forty-Six~
~Forty-Seven~
~Forty-Eight~
~Forty-Nine~
Very Important - Please Read
~Fifty~
~Fifty-One~
~Fifty-Two~
~Fifty-Three~
~Fifty-Four~
~Fifty-Five~
~Fifty-Six~
~Fifty-Seven~
~Fifty-Eight~
~Fifty-Nine~
~Sixty~
~Sixty-One~
~Sixty-Two~
~Sixty-Three~
~Sixty-Four~
~Sixty-Five~ *
~Sixty-Six~
~Sixty-Seven~
~Sixty-Eight~
~Sixty-Nine~
~Seventy~
~Seventy-One~
~Seventy-Two~
~Seventy-Three~
~Seventy-Four~
~Seventy-Five~
~Seventy-Six~
~Seventy-Seven~
~Seventy-Eight~
~Seventy-Nine~
~Eighty~
~Eighty-One~
~Eighty-Two~
~Eighty-Three~
~Eighty-Four~
~Eighty-Five~
~Eighty-Six~ *
~Eighty-Seven~
~Eighty-Eight~~
~Eighty-Nine~
~Ninety~
~Ninety-One~
~Ninety-Two~
~Ninety-Three~
~Ninety-Four~
~Ninety-Five~
~Ninety-Six~
I'm Back!!
~Ninety-Seven~
~Ninety-Eight~
~Ninety-Nine~
~Chapter 101~
~Chapter 102~
~Chapter 103~
~Chapter 104~
~Chapter 105~
~Chapter 106~
~Chapter 107~
~Chapter 108~
~Chapter 109~
~Chapter 110~
~Chapter 111~
~Chapter 112~
~Chapter 113~

~Chapter 100~

18.1K 497 341
By Shani_Shana99

A/N: WE MADE IT TO 100 Y'ALL!!!! It took fucking ages but we got there loool 😂

Sorry for the delay on this chapter, work has been busy and my partner hasn't been well. But it's finally here!! I hope you guys are ready for this!!!

"Mummy, will Uncle Aidan still be visiting when I finish school?" Piper asked me hopefully as we stood outside the gates of Highgate primary.

"Of course, darling. Uncle Aidan and Aunty Ash won't be coming to visit until later in the afternoon. They'll be more than happy to stay and wait for you to finish school."

"Yay!" Piper grinned excitedly, "I miss Uncle Aidan!"

"He misses you too, snug-bug," I smiled back at her as I struggled to crouch down so that I could kiss the top of her head, "have a lovely day, Piper. I'll see you after school."

"Uh-huh!" Piper nodded and hugged my neck before kissing my cheek, "I love you, mummy!"

"I love you too, sweetpea," I smiled at her again, "off you go, then."

Piper giggled and held onto the straps of her little backpack before rushing into the school; turning around to wave at me – making me chuckle as I waved back at her. Once she was out of sight, I leaned on a nearby bicycle rack to help myself up as I held onto my watermelon of a bump with my free hand.

"Ugh," I stifled a groan as I finally managed to rise to my feet, "you really like to give your mum a workout, don't you darling?" I looked down at my stomach and warmly smiled, "though I suppose it's nothing compared to what you're gonna put me through in four weeks."

I got back into my car and started up the engine before I began to make the short drive back home. I heard my phone go off a couple of times while I was driving – so when I finally pulled into the driveway, I took a moment to pull it out and check why it went off – smiling when I realized it was actually a couple of texts from Harry.

One last show, then I'm all yours.

Do you want me to bring you anything from Tokyo?

I giggled and quickly tapped out a couple of replies.

Nope. Nothing. Just you, back home and in our bed 😘

Knock 'em dead tonight!!

He replied almost instantly, and my jaw dropped as soon as I read it.

Surely send me a pic of your tits for good luck?

Once I was over the initial shock, I started laughing so hard that I almost peed myself (but honestly, being as pregnant as I was, peeing myself laughing would not be hard).

Me: No way! Then you'd get teased for having a boner on stage.

H❤: It'll be worth it.

Me: No chance. They're not looking very good these days anyway.

H❤: Lies.

H❤: Slander.

H❤: Send me the picture and my boner will prove you wrong.

Me: Dude I can't with you!! Isn't your show starting like, any minute?!

H❤: Not for another hour yet. I even have time to rub it out if you really want me to.

Me: You're not getting any titty pics! Stop it!

Me: But you might get one after if you put on the best show you possibly can for your fans.

H❤: Deal. I'm expecting your tits on my phone screen in a few hours.

Me: Deal 😘

I tucked my phone back in my bag and rolled my eyes before chuckling fondly.

I honestly can't with that horndog.

I locked up my car and used the front gate remote to close it up before I made my way over to the house – fumbling with my keys to find the right one to unlock the house.

Fuck, I have so much cleanup to do before Ashley and Aidan get here.

How the hell can I even do it all with this bowling ball in my womb?

I then stopped in my tracks when I suddenly felt a popping sensation go off somewhere in my body – causing my breath to hitch.

"Fuck..." I murmured under my breath, "was that..?"

I then cut myself off with a loud gasp as I felt a warm fluid gushing out of me and soaking my trousers – causing me to grab my bump with both hands and look down at my stomach with wide eyes.

Fuck, it is!

I know this feeling WAY too well.

Fuck, fuck, FUCK!

"Shit!" I unlocked the house as fast as I could and rushed inside – shutting the door behind me and throwing my keys on the floor – wincing and letting out a groan as I could already feel the contractions beginning to start, "oh, shit...shit!"

I made my way to the living room and leaned against the wall – my thighs clenching together in fruitless attempt to stop the waters gushing down my legs. I frantically rummaged through my bag as I desperately tried to look for my phone – and when I did, I went to my contacts and dialled Anne's number as quickly as I could.

It rang once, then twice, then three times.

Then it kept ringing and ringing until it finally went to voicemail.

"Fuck!" I let out a frustrated groan.

I wasn't supposed to drive myself to the hospital if labour had already started.

I couldn't call Harry. What could he do when he's all the way in Tokyo, anyway?

My next best bet was Aidan.

I scrolled through my contacts again and found Aidan's number. I dialled it and held the phone to my ear while anxiously biting on my lip.

"Hey, sis," he thankfully answered after two rings, "what's up? We were planning to get there between 12 and 1, if that's okay?"

"Yeah, about that..." I was beginning to pant, "d'you think you could come a bit earlier?"

"Earlier?" I could tell he was frowning, "How much earlier?"

"Like, now?"

"Now? What the hell, why?"

"Erm..." I gulped, "...I'm in labour."

"What?!" He was really starting to panic now, "What do you mean you're in labour?! Like, fully in labour?"

"It just started," I winced and groaned again as I felt another contraction, "Anne's busy, I think. I need help."

"Are you sure you're in labour?"

"Yep," I nodded and sucked in a breath – feeling that there were beads of sweat already starting to form at my hairline, "definitely."

"But you're only at 36 weeks! You can't be!"

"For fuck's sake, Aidan, my waters are broken!" I hissed, "I'm standing in a fucking puddle on the floor as we speak! I'm one-hundred percent in labour!"

"Shit..." I heard him curse under his breath, "okay, Leah – we'll leave as soon as we can. But it'll still take almost two hours, even if we leave right now. Are you sure you can hang in there for that long?"

"Well, I don't exactly have a choice, do I?" I closed my eyes and tried to focus on my breathing, "It's fine. Just get here. Anne could call back soon, anyway."

"Alright, I'll get Ash to hurry up. Just hang in there, Leah, and...and keep breathing."

"I know," I rolled my eyes, "see you soon."

***

Time passed by painfully slowly as I stretched out on the couch trying to just keep breathing. Now that some time had passed, the contractions were starting to get worse – and I was clutching onto my stomach with both hands and gritting my teeth as I tried my hardest to ignore the pain, but holy hell...it wasn't easy.

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of my phone ringing on the coffee table beside me. I strained my neck to check the Caller ID and saw that Anne was ringing me. I bit down on my lip as I struggled to reach out for my phone with one hand while holding onto my bump with the other.

"...Hello?" I said weakly into the phone.

"Leah! I'm so sorry, darling – I was out with a friend. Is everything alright?" Anne's voice responded.

"Er...not exactly," I took another deep breath, "Anne...I-I've gone into labour..."

"You what?!" I could tell her jaw had dropped right to the ground, "Wait, a-are you sure? You're not due for another few weeks yet, aren't you?"

"That's what I thought as well, but..." I squeezed my eyes shut and let out a groan, "my waters broke...a little while ago. I'm contracting like hell, a-and I'm stuck at home...I can't drive..."

"Oh dear God..." Anne muttered under her breath, "alright, I'll head over right now. I won't be too far away."

"Aidan and Ashley...are on their way too," my breathing turned heavy, "they should be here soon...i-it's been almost two hours, they...they can't be far..."

"Right, d'you want me to meet you at the hospital, then?"

"I...I don't know..." I whimpered as I began to feel my eyes welling up with tears, "I don't know, Anne, I...th-the pain..." I let out a cry, "It's getting worse...I-I can't think..."

"Alright, don't worry. I'll just start heading over to yours, and if Aidan and Ashley show up to take you to the hospital first, let me know and I'll head to the hospital instead," she assured me, "don't stress, Leah. It'll be alright, love."

"Okay..." my voice barely escaped a whisper, "thank you, Anne..."

"Have you tried to reach Harry yet?" she asked.

"What? N-No. Of course not. Why would I do that?" I replied, "He's doing his show anyway, he...he wouldn't have picked up..."

"Oh, nonsense. I'll get ahold of him," Anne said matter-of-factly.

"What?! Oh, no...n-no, Anne, please don't..." I begged her, "I...I don't want him to panic or...or have some sort of anxiety attack in the middle of his show..."

"Leah, since working with that counsellor, Harry's separation anxiety has become much, much better," Anne reminded me, "dear, if you're in labour...he'll want to know. Don't you think so?"

"Anne..." I didn't want to give up, "Anne, he...he wanted to be here when the baby comes so badly. He planned his whole tour around this pregnancy..." I took a long, shaky breath, "I...I don't want him to get upset..."

"I know how much Harry wanted to be there for you, Leah, but there's nothing we can do. Baby's coming now, and he's not here. And the reality is, he's probably not gonna make it before she's born. But that doesn't mean he won't want to know what's going on."

I didn't respond; biting down on my bottom lip anxiously.

Fuck. I guess she's right.

Harry has to know.

"Alright," I murmured with a soft nod, "okay. If you could get ahold of him, that...that would be great."

"Leave it to me, darling," Anne promised, "I'll see you soon. Keep me updated."

"Yeah..." I gulped, "see you."

As I hung up the phone, my whole body jolted as I was startled by a loud knock on the door.

"Leah!" I heard my brother's voice call out, "Leah, we're coming in. Are you alright?"

"In here!" I called back weakly.

"Holy shit, Lee!" Ashley was the first to come bolting into the living room with Aidan following close behind, "A-Are you alright? Are you in a lot of pain?"

"Getting there..." I grimaced, "it's very quickly...getting worse..."

I suddenly cried out as my stomach churned with another painful contraction – causing me to tightly clutch my bump with both hands once more.

"Fuck..!" I cursed under my breath, "Yeah...way, way worse..."

"Alright, sis. Let's get you to the hospital," Aidan draped my arm around his shoulders and began to lift me off the couch, "babe, help me out here."

Ashley nodded and supported my back and shoulders as I fought to get up off the couch and rise to my feet. Leaning against my brother, the two of them led me out of the house. Ashley found my keys on the floor by the front door and used them to lock up the house as Aidan helped me into the car. I realized that they had hurriedly packed a few things before leaving – as there was a blanket waiting for me in the back seat to keep me warm. And once I was safely sitting in the car, Aidan took the blanket and draped it around my shoulders.

"Ash, d'you wanna drive, or sit in the back with Lee?" I heard Aidan ask her.

Ashley shook her head. "I'll drive. I think she needs you more this time. Just like with Piper."

Aidan nodded and climbed into the back of the car with me as Ashley slid in behind the wheel. I continued to groan and swear out loud as my stomach started getting bombarded with agonizing contractions. As Ashley started up the car, I quickly sent a text to Anne to let her know I was on my way to the hospital. Once that was done, I leaned back into Aidan's chest and tried to relax a bit more – closing my eyes and resting my hands over my bump as I tried to calm and focus my breathing.

This is it, Leah. Baby's on her way.

But...Harry...

My bottom lip trembled, and I began to feel tears slowly streaming down my face as I remembered what Anne had said. Even if Anne managed to reach him, Harry – being all the way in Tokyo – was very unlikely to make it back in time for our baby girl's birth, unless this labour ends up being over 13 hours long – which is almost how long it takes to fly back to London from Tokyo. And with this baby girl being my second, it was very unlikely that was going to happen. Labour is almost never as long the second time around.

I was sad. Not because Harry wasn't here, because that couldn't be helped. But knowing that he was probably still gonna miss our baby girl's birth, after all the effort he went into to make sure he didn't miss it...I knew he was going to get so upset, and that made me feel terrible.

"Leah?" Aidan had obviously heard that I was starting to cry, "Are you crying? What's wrong?"

"It's just...Harry..." I whimpered, "he...he tried so hard to make sure he wouldn't miss this. This show in Tokyo was gonna be his very last one, then he would come home..." I let out a sob, "h-he was so close...he's gonna be so upset..."

"Oh, Lee..." Aidan sighed and rubbed my shoulder, "it couldn't be helped, Leah. I know Harry would want to be here, but it's not like your baby girl's gonna wait for him. And, honestly...I was there when Piper was born, and seeing you in labour...it was so hard to watch my little sister in so much pain. I can only imagine how much harder it would be for Harry, he...he loves you so much. He would hate to see you like that. Maybe it's for the better."

At his words, I was suddenly reminded of that terrible nightmare Harry had when his separation anxiety was at its worst – where he dreamt that I'd died in labour.

Shit.

I think Aidan's got a point.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and bit my lip before nodding. "I guess you're right..."

"I know Harry. As soon as he hears that the baby is coming, he'll be jetting straight over here as soon as he can," Aidan continued, "he'll still want to see his baby girl as soon as possible. The fact that he missed her birth wouldn't change that at all."

Knowing he was right, I broke out a smile.

"Yeah..." I chuckled weakly, "you're right, Aidan...you're right..."

"You just focus on you for now, yeah? Your baby girl's coming. You need to stay calm. Don't upset yourself by worrying about Harry – just for now."

I nodded in agreement. "You're right again. Thanks, Number One."

"Anytime, Number Two," Aidan chuckled and put his arm around me so that I was more comfortable leaning against him, "don't stress, Leah. We'll get you to the hospital right away."

***

~Harry~

I was barely able to even hear myself think over the loud screams and cheers from the audience of Tokyo.

I was halfway through my setlist, and the fans were having the time of their lives. I was happy. It felt good to know I was putting on a show that they were really enjoying. But honestly, even though I was having a good time as well...all I was really thinking about was that after this concert was done, I could finally go back home.

Back home to Leah, and my two amazing girls.

This tour had been an eventful one for sure. Between the separation anxiety, and trying to balance my time between travel, rehearsals, and my therapy...it was probably the craziest tour I'd ever done so far. But it all worked out in the end.

Scott had done absolute wonders for my separation anxiety. It was a lot easier to deal with once I had come to terms with it and accepted it as a problem that I had, and could work through. I now look at the time Leah & I have apart in a much more positive light.

Leah has more than enough people who care about her aside from me. She's been perfectly okay the whole time I've been touring. It's normal to miss her...but all I focus on now is that she's at home, safe, waiting for me. And that makes me feel a lot better.

I was so excited, and so impatient to go back home to her...meet my daughter, and start this new chapter in our lives. After this show is over, I'm dedicating all my time to my family for as long as I can.

Leah...I can't wait to see you.

When this is all over, it's me and you, baby.

Me, you, and our beautiful girls.

All of a sudden, I was interrupted by one of my guitarists tapping me on the shoulder. When I turned to look at him, he was pointing towards the backstage area – where I noticed that Jeffrey was trying to get my attention by waving me over.

The fuck?

If Jeffrey's trying to talk to me in the middle of my show, I knew it must be important. So, before I continued, I quickly excused myself to the audience before quickly rushing backstage to see what Jeffrey wanted.

"What's up?" I asked him – taking out my earpiece so that I could hear him better.

"Harry, I've just spoken to your mum on the phone," he replied, "Leah's gone into labour."

My breath hitched, and my eyes instantly widened upon hearing his words.

"W...What?" I could barely even speak, "W-What do you mean she's gone into labour? Like...like actual labour?!"

Jeffrey didn't respond and only nodded.

"Wha...I-I don't..." My words were coming out in a mess of stops and stammers, "she...she's only 36 weeks...i-isn't she..?"

"She is. But she's still gone into labour anyway," Jeffrey said, "the baby's four weeks early."

I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to say.

Leah was in labour...and I was all the way on the other side of the fucking world.

"Oh my God..." before I even knew it, I was already taking off my earpiece, "I gotta go...I-I gotta go right now..." I began muttering to myself.

"Wait, go?! What do you mean go?!" Jeffrey sounded panicked all of a sudden, "Harry, your show's only halfway done. You can't just go!"

"Well, if you didn't want me to drop everything and leave, you should've waited until after the concert to tell me all this!" I raised my voice slightly, "How the fuck can I do the rest of this bloody show with this shit on my mind?! I'm leaving."

"What the hell do you want me to tell that crowd out there?!" He demanded.

"The truth," I replied without hesitation as I handed him my earpiece, "I'm going home, so that I can meet my daughter."

"Harry, the flight back home is almost thirteen hours," Jeffrey reminded me, "you're probably not even gonna make it in time for the birth."

"I don't give a shit!" I bit back at him, "So what if I don't make it?! I can still be there for Leah and our daughter just like I should be!"

"Harry, this is your last show. Your very last one, then you can go home," he continued, "you can hang in there for another hour or so."

"No. I can't, actually," I retorted, "look, Jeff – I get it. You don't want to disappoint the fans. I don't want to either, but...I don't have a choice," I began to head back to my dressing room so that I could collect my things, "my family comes first. Always."

"Harry-"

"Stop, Jeffrey," I cut him off impatiently, "You're not changing my mind on this. Arrange a flight back home for me as soon as possible. Leah needs me."

***

~Leah~

I threw my head back and screamed in pain as I pushed my fucking brains out for the umpteenth time that day. I had no idea how much time had passed, and completely lost track of how long I'd been pushing for. All that I felt, and all that I could think about was pain.

So much fucking pain.

"Fuck! I thought it was supposed to be easier this time!" I yelled as tears began streaming down my face, "it's just as fucking painful as I remember!"

"You're doing a great job, Leah," I saw Aidan wince a little bit as I clutched his hand, "look, I'm sorry, but...could you not dig your nails into me as much? I think you're starting to break into my skin."

"Shut the fuck up, Aidan!"

Realizing I was just frustrated from the absolute agony of childbirth, I instantly regretted snapping at my brother. Trying to calm down, I focused on steadying my breathing once more.

"I'm sorry..." I whimpered once I manged to disperse the anger, "I'm sorry, Aidan...I didn't mean that..."

Aidan only chuckled and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. "Don't worry about it. My bad. You are in way more pain than I am. Break the bloody hand if you want to."

His words made me smile for the first time since I went into labour. "Thanks for being here, Aidan. You're amazing."

"Keep on pushing, love," the nurse at my bedside told me gently, "you're doing a great job. We can almost see the shoulders."

"What?!" My jaw dropped, "Only the shoulders?! How long has it been?!"

"About twenty minutes, love."

"Twenty minutes?!" I almost died at her response and aggressively shook my head, "Nah. No way. It's been way longer than that..."

"Nope. That's it, Lee," Aidan chimed in, "I know it feels like twenty years instead of twenty minutes, but you gotta keep going. For your baby girl. You can do it, sis."

"Oh, fuck me..." I let out a sob as I felt tears sliding down my cheeks once more, "I'm so tired...I-I can't do it..."

"Of course you can. You've done this before. You can do it again," my brother smiled at me and squeezed my hand again, "you've got this, Leah."

"No I don't..." I wept, "I-I can't..."

My mind suddenly drifted away to the thought of Harry, and how much I was wishing that he was here right now. I know it couldn't be helped – none of us were expecting this at all...but that didn't mean I wasn't going to get upset that he wasn't here. Literally all I wanted right now was to feel him holding me and telling me everything was going to be okay.

Unable to fight the grief anymore, I completely broke down into tears.

I snivelled, I blubbered, and straight out fucking bawled – crying out in distress and total anguish as I began to realize just how much I wanted him here.

I whimpered Harry's name under my breath – as if I was trying to speak to him even though I knew he couldn't hear me at all.

"Harry..." I sobbed, "I can't do this...n-not without you..."

"Oh, Leah..." Aidan had clearly heard me and let out a soft sigh and lowered his eyes, "I'm sorry, sis. If I could bring him here myself, I'd do it in a heartbeat."

For some reason, I barely heard him. My mind had completely blocked everything out except for the absolute agony my body was in, and how desperate I was to see Harry. I felt hopeless and useless...just lying there like a pathetic little worm while my baby girl was waiting for me to bring her into the world.

But I couldn't do it.

I didn't even know why. Maybe it was coming from buried trauma of not having Heath with me while I gave birth to Piper. Even though Aidan and Ashley were right by my side, I still felt so lost without him.

We were still together at that time, but he never made the birth. Aidan and Ashley both tried to contact him, but he never picked up. And even though I knew Harry was, without question, undeniably nothing like him, and that he tried everything to make sure that he'd be here...because he isn't, I was getting those exact same feelings again.

Harry...

"Leah?" I was so lost in thought that I didn't even realize Anne had been let into the hospital room and was holding her phone out to me with a big smile, "Leah, there's a phone call for you."

"For me..?" My voice was low and feeble.

Anne's smile grew and held the phone to my ear.

"Leah!" My breath hitched as Harry's voice suddenly filled my ears from the other end of the line, "Leah, are you there? Can you hear me?"

My heart instantly did a somersault inside my chest as soon as I heard his voice.

"Harry..?" I responded quietly, "Oh my God...H-Harry..."

"Leah, I've already heard what's happened. I'm going to get there as fast I can, alright?" He sounded like he was in a rush but kept his voice calm, "Are you okay?"

"Fuck..." I let out a whimper, "i-it hurts so much..."

"I know. I know, love. I can't even imagine the pain you're probably in right now," he replied, "but...stay strong. You're amazing. You can do anything – absolutely anything, darling. You've already done this once, and you can do it again. And when you're done, our beautiful daughter will be lying in your arms."

If I could describe how what he was saying was making me feel, it was as if this whole time, I'd been standing in a pitch-black room with not a single ray of light shining through the tiniest crack. But the way Harry was speaking to me felt like a glow from Heaven had suddenly come down and lit everything up to the brightest it could possibly be.

"Imagine how it felt when Piper was laid in your arms for the very first time," Harry continued, "you'll get that very same feeling when all this is over, Leah. That's the amazing thing about childbirth...no matter how many times it happens, that feeling you get at the end of it all always stays the same. My mum always told me that," I heard him take a breath over the phone – seemingly talking faster than he could keep up with, "I know you can do this, Leah. You may feel like you need me, but you don't. You're the strongest person I know. Of course you can do this."

Within moments, I was bawling all over again. Not because of the pain, not because of Harry's absence...but because I was elated. He was saying literally everything I needed to hear.

You're amazing, H...

"I love you..." Were the only words I could release through my uncontrollable sobs, "I love you so much...H-Harry..."

"I love you, my darling," he replied, "you've got this, baby. I'll be there soon."

"Okay," I was finally starting to smile again, "thank you...honey..."

"Just a few more hours, and we'll all be together," Harry promised me, "us, Piper, and our beautiful daughter. Oh, by the way – don't even think about naming her without me."

I had to laugh this time. "No. No way...I wouldn't dare."

"Good," Harry chuckled, "alright, I gotta go. I'll see you later."

We said our final goodbyes, the call ended, and Anne left the room to continue waiting with Ashley outside. But that was fine – because I felt strengthened. I felt more poised and completely uplifted by Harry's words. I was ready to take this battle head-on once again.

"Okay..." I took a deep breath before taking Aidan's hand again and trying to relax, "I'm ready."

After a pause, I shut my eyes and began to push again. As my baby girl started passing through me again, the intensity of the pain immediately shot straight back up – causing me to cry out and loudly swear from the discomfort and the grief.

I shouted in frustration as I became determined to not let my emotions get the better of me this time. I continued to breathe in and out – groaning and squeezing my eyes so tightly as I continued to push that it felt like my eyelids were going to tear.

"That's it!" The nurse declared excitedly, "Just a little more, love, and the hard part is over. You're doing great."

Not wanting to lose focus, I nodded at her in response and strained myself even more to keep pushing. At this point, all I was thinking about was getting my girl out of there safely.

"Keep going...keep going...yes!" I could feel my baby sliding out more easily as the nurse began to help me by gently pulling her out, "she's here! She's here!"

"Holy shit, you did it!" Aidan's voice echoed distantly in my ears, "You bloody did it, Leah!"

My mind and body were completely shattered. Everything looked and sounded like a blur around me. I could barely even fathom what was going on at this point.

For several moments, my body felt like it was drifting up into the clouds. My mind was somewhere else entirely, and my body was numb with pain and exhaustion.

But one sound...only one sound was all I needed to bring me straight back to earth.

The sound of my daughter's very first cry.

A/N: Bruh Leah was really pregnant for almost three years. Seems a bit long 😅

Nah in all honestly I know you guys have been waiting for this for ages now and I tried to make it good to feel like it was worth it. I feel like it could've been better, though. I struggled a bit because I realized I've never really written childbirth from the mother's POV before. I didn't like it that much but hope you guys did lol

Anyway, I thought I'd just take this opportunity to quickly mention that, in celebration of my comeback to Wattpad, I have a new fanfic out!!! It's called 'Fake As F*ck' and I really hope you guys will consider checking it out because I am honestly so excited to get started!!

Until the next chapter ❤ xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 6K 38
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
166K 8.1K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
1M 34K 61
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
310K 10.8K 50
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...