Xiaolumi S3: Everything To Me

Galing kay Otaku_AriaSnow

"Oh Alatus Nemesis, on the wind your feathers of gold, oh so fair, grasp that light in heavens and conquer al... Higit pa

Yaksha's Love
Gifts From The Past
A Red Hot Oni Pt I
A Red Hot Oni Pt 2
Ei's Day Off
Yoohoo~! Lumine's A Target!?
The Stormy Island Mystery PT I
The Stormy Island Mystery PT II
Hear My Song Pt I
Hear My Song Pt II
Hear My Song Pt III
You Are Cordially Invited
Crane In The Harbor
Old Friends & New Ones
You Are A Mystery, Lumine
Sea Gazer
Combing Rite of Fortune
Beisht
I Will Be Your Only Star
Xiao's Birthday Wish
She Would Have Adored You
A Snake's Wisdom
Soul Bond(LEMON WARNING)
Gorou's Message
Heading For A New Frontier
Enjou
Chariot of the Sun
Enjou's Warning
Ominous Revelations
Forbidden Knowledge
Primordial Goddess of Fate
Lumen De Lumine PT I
Lumen De Lumine PT II
Lumen De Lumine PT III
Saiguu's Sacrifice
Forgive Me, Sister
Something Amiss
Towards The Future
Author Lumine
Sly Old Fox
Warmth
Unexpected Reunion
Flower of Khaenri'ah
Crude Plan
Void and Light
Flowing Like Time
Prof. Aria's Files: Yaksha's Soul Bond Ritual
Thanks & Announcements
Bonus Chapter: Vesperi Nebula

Safe Here In Your Arms

1K 38 24
Galing kay Otaku_AriaSnow

[A/N: With that we start the Festival Arc and with it a new opening song for you guys too. The Irodori Festival is here but seems due to the events of Enkanomiya's abyssal darkness, Xiao's now rather ill and recovering. Nothing a sick day and some tlc won't fix. Lumine ends up doing something very sweet for Xiao while he recovers.]

.....................................................

Summer would be starting tomorrow and all around Narukami Island the island was abuzz with excitement. Festive decorations filled the streets of the towns and city and the shrine. Children laughing as they dashed away with sparkler sticks as festive atmosphere brought glee and many smiling faces. May was just on the horizon and with it summer coming to bring spring to a close. A lone little pair of finches singing happily as they landed on the branch of the lone plum blossom tree at their net full with two eggs. Happily singing their soft melodies while a lone blonde hurried past and up the stairs inside and made a v-line straight for the guest quarters.

"I'm back, Miko!"she called giving a backwards kick to the door since her hands were full with a basket of supplies. Across the room was the kitsune priestess checking over ailing yaksha curled up in the bed. Paimon's worry as she was only able to watch as Lumine came slowly over, setting the basket down at the base of the nightstand.

"Did you bring what I asked little one?"hummed Yae. 

"Yeah. Should be all there though I had to go to the shrine to get much of it."confirmed Lumine. sadness on her face laced with concern as she looked over to the suffering dark haired yaksha plagued with a fever that would surely kill a human. He'd been like this since they arrived back from Enkanomiya. By now he'd been helped into some more comfortable night clothes. She hated seeing him suffer in this way.

"He just needs to rest. Give him another day and he'll be back to himself and whatever you do don't' permit to leave this room."instructed Yae as she grabbed the vial of medicine to set aside on that table. "I won't force him, he'll just fight me but you little one? I have no doubt he'll listen and comply if its you Lumine-chan."

"Alright I'll make sure he takes it when he wakes up. Thank you for coming to make sure Xiao's alright."thanked Lumine sitting down at the edge of the bed. Yae giggled with her usual fox-like grin of mischief as she began to leave. 

"Wait! What Paimon doesn't understand is why couldn't Xiao fight back or disobey Tsumi when she took his mask."Paimon's words made Yae freeze in place her pupils narrowed to slits.

"So that slithering serpent was taught the lil' bird's most guarded secret."Yae's tone was uncharactistically cold. Her pupils actually glowing briefly casting a ominous aura around her that left the air heavy and thick. "Lumine-chan do not let anybody lay so much as a finger on your mate's mask. You got lucky this time, little one that she didn't follow through her sneaky lil' tactic."

"I understand."agreed Lumine firmly understanding as she recalled Tsumi's words. Satisified by this promise Yae smiled warmly and left closing the door behind her. Lumine turned her attention to Xiao taking the damp cloth and dipping it back into the cold water before wringing it out and putting it back on his forehead. A soft groan alerting her as bleary golden eyes opened to look at her. 

"Oh he's awake."noted Paimon. "Hey sleepyhead."

"...Lumine?"he whispered. "That kitsune was here wasn't she?"

"Yes, she was just helping you earlier."Lumine assured. "How you feeling?"

"Hmn..."he groaned reaching up to cover his eyes with his arm. His skull wouldn't stop pounding. The sunlight not helping matters at all in the slightest nor his sensitive senses. Seeing this Paimon flew over and closed the balcony doors and curtains. That helped to dull the light and outside noises bothering him. Making him sigh in relief before going into a state of panic as he recalled what had happened with him and Tsumi taking his mask. Making him bolt up in a panic. "My mask!"he thought in great distress.

"Xiao calm down, it's alright."Lumine soothed taking his hand to move it to where his mask was. safe and sound on its chain around his belt where it belonged. The action spoke all the volumes it needed her honey amber eyes held his golden noes while her petite hands stayed on hiss hand over the mask. "It's right here."

Lumine had felt the full blunt of his terror only made worse by his weakened condition. A feeling she was not used to seeing or feeling from him at all. it made her all the more angry at Tsumi as Lumine moved over to sit beside him on the bed. By now Xiao was swaying and shaking as just sitting was a chore in his state. Slowly he felt himself be eased back to lying down, getting him to rest her head in her lap. Maybe it was his fever toying with him but he broke into tears as he wrapped his arms around her. 

"I don't want to experience that again..."he whimpered hoarsely, feeling a gentle stroke from her thumb wiping away his tears. 

"Is that how he captured you back then? is what Tsumi said true that your mask is your weakness?"Lumine asked earning a slow weak nod. Xiao snuggling closer into her gentle touch as he trembled from those memories he wished would go away. "I won't let anyone harm you that way again. You and that mask have saved me and so many lives then you realize."she hummed offering a smile. He still seemed very shaken even with her words that offered him some comfort. He was still shaking from that ordeal as he began to curl up holding her in desperation. His fever by now making him mumbling in the old tongue she didn't understand, except one.

"Amatores...in aeternum..."he whimpered.

Lumine offered a tender smile as she wiped the sweat from his brow, moving a gentle hand to run soothingly through his hair. "Amatores in aeternum, Alatus."she confirmed lovingly and tenderly. That worked causing a rumbling purr as he began to finally relax his guard crumbled completely to reveal his sheer exhaustion and discomfort. Her sweet celestial floral scent seemed to have grown stronger and it soothed him like the soft melody she hummed. That is until she recalled the vial and reached out to grab it. Turning it over in her hand to read it. 

"Paimon mind fetching my portable stove from the kitchen's closet back at the house?"Lumine asked.

"Oh your going to cook something? Can Paimon have something too? Paimon is very hungry."Paimon asked excitedly and hopefully.

"Yes I'll make something for all of us so mind getting it? I'd go grab it myself but I need to stay here."Lumine urged. The little fairy giving a nod of understanding before vanishing. Xiao looked about ready to fall back asleep just from her petting his hair with how relaxed he looked now. As much as she wanted him to rest right now this medicine Yae had gave them would help him recover faster. "Xiao don't go falling asleep on me yet. I'm not a pillow."she chuckled.

"Hmhmm..."he protested as she slowly moved and wiggled free much to his displeasure. "Don't go...please...?"

"I'm not going anywhere."she assured just as Paimon returned.

"Paimon brought the stove~!"Paimon happily called after setting some kind of adeptus made contraption. It had been a gift from Cloud Retainer, a portable stove easy for her to use for their travels. "Oh and the bowls too!"

Xiao's curiosity grew as his currently foggy mind processed what was happening. Making him roll over to get a better look. The ingredients were some eggs, tofu, bamboo shoots, ham, and chicken as the main focus. Lumine swiftly prepping the ingredients before putting them together in the pot. "What is she making?"he thought propping himself up on his elbows. "Don't' even think about getting out of that bed in your condition Xiao."she stated making Xiao freeze, not even turning to face him. He could only stare in surprise as he reluctantly stayed put on the bed. The scent of the dish was mild and savory; what was it!?

By now Lumine had handed a bowl of the food to Paimon and had dished some out for Xiao too, but not too much. Setting it down she grabbed the vial pouring some of the medicine into the food to mix it together. Lumine then went back over as Xiao sat back against the headboard of the bed staring at the finished dish curiously. "What is that and what did you put in it?"he asked.

"Medicine that Yae Miko left for you to speed up your recovery. It required you to eat something so I made this oncidium tofu dish."she said offering it to him. He once again seemed hesitant.

"It's really, really yummy Xiao. Paimon thinks you'll like it since its a dish Lumine learned from Cloud retainer."Paimon encouraged between mouthfuls of her own food.

But the fairy's words Xiao still didn't trust fully as he stared at the milk smelling dish still warm in his hands. His golden eyes staring back at Lumine who nodded in encouragement. With a sigh he relented and grabbed the spoon. Lumine watching carefully as she sat down with her own bowl beside him. It was slow and he'd dropped his spoon almost a few time still trembling a little but he managed to eat it. "It wasn't bad."he admitted as Lumine set their bowls aside. However he was not expecting just how fast acting the medicine was as it made him feel dizzy and very sleepy. "What in the archons?"he thought. Lumine easing him to lie back down pulling the covers over his shoulders. 

"Don't fight it and don't be scared, it just means it is working."she assured. Lumine had read the bottle and its side effects included drowsiness and dizziness which was normal. But he still seemed to be fighting the urge to sleep. So Lumine went back to her side of the bed to sit beside him. Gently coaxing him to come closer until he was again using her lap as a pillow. Gently stroking his hair again humming a familiar lullaby. Making him completely relaxed and his eyes fluttered slowly closed with a deep sigh. Yes home, he was home safe in his beloved's arms. Here was his sanctuary of safety. Welcoming and soothing, eased into slumber and only sweet dreams.

To Be Continued...

..............................................

[A/N: Get well soon Xiao. He'll be better next chapter for Ei's PT 2 story quest....um, grab the tissues.]

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

8K 123 5
A bunch of Xiaolumi short stories that I've written and compiled together. The stories may be related in some ways but can be read as standalones. I...
81.7K 1.9K 70
"Oh Viatrix, how brilliant and radiant you shine, a holy light in the dark so sublime. But what can I do, when the shadows want to consume you, oh go...
6.3K 240 6
Aether was captured by the Sustainer of Heavenly Principles and is now stranded in the world of Teyvat. A common starting to the story of the travele...
68.2K 1.4K 25
Drawn to Xiao and not knowing why.. Everyone has left him, leaving him to have no care whatsoever. His pain is forever and he will always endure it...