Xiao's Birthday Wish

[A/N: Xiao notices Lumine's been avoiding him but he can't figure out why. He is soon in for a very sweet and thoughtful surprise and when he remembers what the day is.]

.....................................................................

"Wait it's Xiao's birthday today!?"

Lumine was gawking as she and Paimon sat at the table at Third Round Knockout. It was apparently customary to visit family during the three days after the wedding. But as Lumine's brother was well...currently MIA they had to adjust this custom for her circumstances. So instead Lumine had been visiting Zhongli today for lunch. Another odd tradition it seemed was every time the sacred Bonding Festival happened it always followed seven days of relaxation for many. 

"I take it he never told you then? That's so like him."stated Zhongli in amusement. 

"But Paimon doesn't get it why would didn't he tell us?"Paimon asked reaching out for a steamed meat bun.

"Many reasons, but if I have to guess he's had no reason to celebrate it. Xiao's over 2000 years old. most adepti tend to stop caring about birthdays after their first century."Zhongli said thoughtfully zipping his tea. 

"Well that won't do."Lumine huffed as she slammed her hands on the table startling Paimon. Swiftly Lumine grabbed Paimon by the scarf. "Come on, Paimon we got a birthday party to plan."

"Ok, uh bye Mr.Zhongli!"Paimon squeaked.

Zhongli could only laugh at the girls' energy, checking the time. "I suppose I should figure out something for the young yaksha as well."

Xiao was confused

Xiao was confused.

He couldn't figure out why but all afternoon Lumine and that annoying fairy along with some others had been acting...odd. He couldn't understand what had got into everyone especially his wife and partner. So strange to him and it left him moody and frustrated so he had not been expecting to run into little Qiqi in the field not far from Wanshu Inn on his way back. 

"Qiqi what are doing out here?"Xiao asked as he approached.

The little pale haired zombie looked up with her usual stoic and sleepy look. To his surprise in her hands was a crown woven from silkflowers. "Qiqi made you this..."she stated flatly.

"For me? Uh...a-alright."Xiao stated unsure how to react. Zombie or not Qiqi was still a child but...how had she remembered this? Her memory span was not exactly the best. Qiqi eagerly placed the flower crown on his head, not long after spotting Lumine and Paimon rushing for the inn with two baskets of  various stuff in hand. 

"Lumine?"he called.

"Hm?"Lumine before long froze at spotting Xiao causing the fairy to crash right into her.

"Ah man look what you made Paimon do! Now everything for the cake is---!?"Paimon began to protest but was swiftly grabbed and silenced by Lumine.

"Ssshhh!!"she hushed.