Unexpected Reunion

[A/N: Lumine is shocked to see Dainslief appear before them in the Chasm after being MIA for well over a year. Just what can he reveal about what has transpired? Only one way to find out as trouble begins to stir. Hope you enjoy some Fire Emblem OST this chapter. I'll be using a lot of FE: Three Houses OST for Chasm.]

.......................................

It had not taken them long to reach the Chasm and at the sight of not just Lumine but Xiao the millelith standing guard did not hesitate to let them pass. Xiao kept close as Lumine got briefed on the request from the miner, Yuehui. The man was no shocker, a well built and tall man as most miners were in Liyue. The briefly was quick and on point; Something Lumine and Xiao were both thankful for. All they had to do was investigate why the hillichurls vanished into the Chasm never to return. Simple enough of a task that should be an in and out operation with very little combat. Yet as they followed after the monsters' trail with a lumenstone lamp in hand Xiao's worry remained while the girls chatted. Lumine seemed better then she had yesterday so why did she still look a bit pale? 

"You sure your up for this?"Paimon asked. "You didn't eat breakfast again..."

"It's fine. I grab something before we left."she assured a ripple of stardust from her hand manifested to their surprise a small bag of some kind of snack. Upon opening it Xiao and Paimon were surprised to see chocolate covered soy beans.

"Soy..?"

"...Beans!?"

"What's so weird about that? It's just a snack I made for this job."Dismissed Lumine tossing some of her snack happily into her mouth. 

"But the only time you ever touch soy beans is when you cooking Xiao's favorite foods."pointed out Paimon. The fairy though quick to forget as Lumine offered to share some of her snack as the trail lead them to a particularly strange chamber. Before them as Lumine brought up her lamp were ruins almost exactly identical to Enkanomiya's own. There was just one key difference: It was upside down. 

"What the..I-is that city upside down!?"gasped Paimon.

"So it would seem."noted Lumine before taking in their surroundings. But that dark bubbling mud and dark fog made Lumine hyper aware, this time making her worry for something at the back of her mind was screaming caution and danger. "Xiao you better stay far away from that stuff."warned Lumine.

"Wait does that mean? No way, that mud down there is made of the same gunk from Abyss!?"Paimon squeaked.

"You needn't worry, I've been here many times due to the contract since many monstrosities creep out of these caverns. But not as much as Bosacius did....h-he was better suited for these caverns."Xiao informed.

"Bosacius? Another member of your tribe I'm assuming?"Xiao nodded. The trio began to look around as the trail was leading for the flipped city ruins. 

"I was not expecting to find this down here though. A city floating upside down and there are lots of signs of hillichurls around here."hummed Lumine

"Doesn't it remind you guys of something?"asked Paimon turning to her married companions.

"Reminds me of Dragonspine and Enkanomiya to be honest. What you think Xiao?"Lumine turned her gaze onto Xiao.

"It does look at lot like Enkanomiya but...it reminds me of ruins me and Bosacius stumbled on."Xiao observed thoughtfully. Recalling these memories of when he was much younger and his misadventures with the kind but rash four armed yaksha. But as the trio thought a bit more Lumine and Xiao's eyes grew wide while Paimon seemed to struggle to recall.

"The defiled statue!!"Lumine and Xiao spoke in unison realizing at the same time. The end result making them both crack a small grin and made Paimon giggle. But that moment of mirth didn't last as they all realized...this wouldn't be a simple investigation anymore. The Abyss Order was involved here for sure.