Webbed Lies - Peter Parker x...

By MissMonarch_writer

Queen's vigilantes Spiderman and Aura are neighbourhood superheroes stopping thieves, robberies, and assaults... More

Introduction
Prompt
Cast
-Part 1-
-1.0-
-1.5-
-2.0-
-2.5-
-3.0-
-4.0-
-5.0-
-5.5-
-7.0-
-7.5-
-8.0-
-8.5-
-9.0-
-9.5-
-10.0-
-11.0-
-12.0-
-13.0-
-13.5-
-14.0-
-15.0-
-15.5-
-16.0-
-16.5-
-17.0-
-17.5-
-18.0-
-18.5-
-19.0-
-Part 2-
Cast
-20.0-
-21.0-
-22.0-
-23.0-
-23.5-
-24.0-
-24.5-
-25.0-
-25.5-
-26.0-
-26.5-
-27.0-
-27.5-
-28.0-
-28.5-
-29.0-
-Part 2.5-
-30.0-
-31.0-
-32.0-
-33.0-
-34.0-
-35.0-
-36.0-
-37.0-
-37.5-
-38.0-
-39.0-
-40.0-
-40.5-
-41.0-
Thank You
Bad Liar

-6.0-

610 16 2
By MissMonarch_writer

Liz's house was filled with teenagers dancing to the pounding music and flashing coloured lights. Each teen held a red solo cup filled with punch that had been mysteriously spiked yet filled their thirst. Flash was in the living room dj-ing for the party keeping the music going, bobbing his head to the music he played. All teenagers were dancing and enjoying themselves, relaxing in the social environment. Except the two nerdy boys standing in front of the front door.

"Dude this was a bad idea." Peter said over the loud music glancing over at Ned.

Ned stood beside him gazing around Liz's house in awe of the interior. His eyes widened at the interior, always forgetting how rich Liz's parents were. The music being blasted from the living room made it difficult to hear but he still heard Peter's worried. Ned glanced at Peter, shaking his head.

"Dude, this is a great idea. Spiderman will swing in, say you two are tight, and I'll get a fist bump or one of those half-bro hugs." Ned grinned revising the plan.

Peter frowned nervously, glancing back around at the teenagers in the house. Each of these teens expected Spiderman to show up tonight or he will look like more of a loser. This was Peter's one chance to gain some popularity. And he was hesitant about using Spiderman to get it.

"I can't do this." Peter said turning himself to face Ned. "Spiderman isn't a party trick, okay?" Ned frowned hearing Peter's decision. "I'll just be myself." Peter grinned standing up a bit straighter with confidence.

"Peter, no one wants that." Ned stated bluntly.

Peter's shoulders slumped in defeat frowning softly. 

"That was harsh, Ned." A feminine voice giggled behind them.

Peter and Ned turned quickly to see Jocelyn shutting the door behind her as she entered Liz's house. Their eyes went wide in worry unsure what she had overheard from their conversation. But they were also shocked to see Jocelyn wearing a shirt so revealing.

Jocelyn was wearing a white low cut tank top tucked into her dark washed jeans. The shirt exposed the top of her chest and hugged her skinny curvy figure. And she wore black boots on her feet which completed the simple cute look.

"J-Jocelyn...?" Peter asked nervously, staring at the girl in front of him.

Jocelyn turned to the boys taking notice in their pale faces. "Are you two okay?" She laughed. "You look like you just saw a ghost."

Peter and Ned glanced at another. "What exactly did you hear?" Ned asked, looking back at the confused teenage girl.

Jocelyn shrugged. "Just Peter saying he wanted to be himself and you shutting him down."

The two boys visibly relaxed hearing the statement. And Jocelyn noticed the action making her curious to what they were talking about, knowing she was missing something.

"Why? What were you two talking about?" She asked sweetly.

"N-nothing.."

"Sports."

Peter and Ned blurted at the same time.

Jocelyn narrowed her eyes on the two knowing they were definitely lying to her. The two were horrible at lying. With Peter's nervousness and Ned's horribly lying skills, Jocelyn knew they were keeping something from her.

Jocelyn smiled confused adjusting her purse strap on her shoulder. "Right..well I should go find my friends." Jocelyn stated glancing between them. "But you two have fun discussing 'sports'."

Peter and Ned nodded nervously staying quiet.

"And for what it's worth, Peter. I think you should be yourself." Jocelyn glanced between the two with a small smile. Though she heard the irony in the statement clearly, she walked around Ned and out of the conversation. Heading down the hall to find her friends assuming they were in the backyard like they usually are.

Once Jocelyn was gone, Peter let out a breath he wasn't aware he was holding in. He thought for a moments his secret would have been revealed which would have ruined his life. He turned aside and slapped Ned on his arm, causing Ned to frown grasping his arm in pain from the slap given by his best friend with super strength unsure the reasoning it behind it.

"Dude!" Peter said angrily whispering. "Jocelyn almost found out my secret."

Ned shrugged. "She didn't though. Besides, it is just Jocelyn. It's not like she would tell anyone." He commented turning to face Peter.

Peter frowned, glancing down the hall to see Jocelyn step outside to the backyard disappearing out the door. He considered Jocelyn a friend but he was even hesitant about telling Ned about his masked identity. There was no way he wanted to tell Jocelyn, let alone anyone else.

"How do you know that?" Peter asked glancing back at Ned across from him.

Ned was a bit shocked at the question. "Dude, she's had a crush on you since like elementary school. Jocelyn has never, and would never, say anything bad against you or something that would hurt you." He replied with a small smile.

Peter narrowed his eyes on Ned confused. He glanced down the hall to the door of the backyard where he last saw Jocelyn. There was no way Jocelyn would ever have a crush on him. She was the school's sweetheart and he was the school's nerd. She could have any guy she looks at, so it makes no sense why she would want the invisible-boy Peter.

Peter chuckled to himself assuming Ned was joking. Glancing back at Ned, who staring at Peter with a bland serious expression, Peter shook his head assuming he was pranked. As if the Jocelyn Evans would ever have a crush on him.

Noticing Peter's disbelief, Ned sighed sadly.

"Peter-"

"Penis Parker!"

Flash's voice interrupted Ned. The two's conversation cut short looking over into the living room seeing Flash smirking at them from behind his DJ table.

"Penis Parker! What's up!?" Flash laughed at the two. "So where's your pal Spiderman? Let me guess: in Canada with your imaginary girlfriend?"

Peter narrowed his eyes on Flash feeling his anger beginning to rise, clutching his fists together. Ned glanced to Peter noticing his anger unsure what to do or how to stop it. Knowing if he tried anything, Flash's bullying would just be projected onto him.

"That's not Spiderman. That is just Ned in a red shirt." 

The teenagers around him broke out into a laughter. Beginning to mock and point at the two nerd, teasing them unbearably.

Peter didn't stay in the house for a second longer. He turned around and walked out, which only Ned had seemed to notice. As Flash continued the mindless jokes although Peter's presence was absent.

***

In the backyard games of beer pong filled the yard and a few others in Liz's pool playing a game of chicken. Harry, Gwen, and Mary Jane had occupied one of the tables playing a game of beer pong, playing with water instead of the alcoholic punch. Betty had joined them and sided with Gwen to make the teams even. The four were relaxed and enjoying the party, laughing and teasing one another's skills. It was Betty's turn and she was lining up her shot when someone stepped out of the house. 

Jocelyn stepped outside after her interaction with Peter and Ned moments ago. Her eyes searched the crowd in search for her friends. Finding them at a table playing a game with Betty and felt relieved seeing them still here and haven't left. 

Jocelyn was almost two hours late to her original estimated time of arrival. After leaving Owen and Anna's, Jocelyn rushed home to change out of her suit. By the time Jocelyn finished changing and her makeup, she was sneaking out the window when she was caught by her dad who overheard the noise coming from her room.

Dave had offered to drive her to the party instead of her sneaking out. And Jocelyn felt obligated to accept the offer, knowing it was either she accepts the offer and get a lecture or she was grounded and had to stay home, missing the party. 

And to her correct assumption, the entire car ride was filled with a disappointed lecture about why sneaking out is bad. Though Dave didn't know the full truth to his statement.

Then when the two arrived at Liz's house, he kept her for a few minutes to lecture her about drinking and using protection. Not exactly the talk Jocelyn wanted to have with her dad, especially at that moment. But Jocelyn kept her sarcastic and grossed comments to herself, knowing her comments would only keep her in this car longer. After he was done, he told her to have fun as she rushed out the door from the conversation.

Jocelyn thanked him for the ride and shut the door, rushing up the steps to Liz's front door.

Which brings her to the present. Jocelyn walked across the yard towards her friends table game. Gwen and Betty high-fived another from sinking a pingpong ball in a cup, earning a sarcastic comment from Harry about being cocky.

"So whose winning?" Jocelyn spoke up approaching the table introducing her presence. 

The four glanced off their game seeing Jocelyn coming over, all shocked to see her here. 

"Ah there she is!" Harry cheered.

"Jocie! Where have you been?" Mary Jane asked worriedly from beside Harry.

Jocelyn frowned softly feeling guilty for not texting or calling them of her whereabouts. Her phone had died earlier that night and she haven't had a chance to charge it. 

"Sorry, I was getting a lecture from my dad and my phone died." Jocelyn stated which was part of the truth.

Gwen frowned knowing she was lying and had a good guess to where she actually was. But remained quiet planning on lecturing her later of her whereabouts.

"Well at least you're here now." Betty spoke up sweetly standing next to Gwen.

Jocelyn smiled at Betty's politeness and nodded in agreement. 

"Good, because you can take my spot." Harry said tossing his ball in the air and catching it. "I'm getting tired of winning."

Gwen snapped her head to Harry confused. "I think you mean losing." She specified.

Harry chuckled, his eyes following the ball he tossed in the air and catching it again. "Not how I remember it."

Jocelyn, Mary Jane, and Betty laughed at the two bickering like an old married couple. Harry enjoyed teasing Gwen and grinned victoriously. While Gwen huffed irritated, glaring across the table at Harry.

"Alright you two," Mary Jane giggled. "Jocelyn, come take your turn."

Mary Jane extended her ball towards Jocelyn. Jocelyn smiled in gratitude walking over to Mary Jane's other side and taking the ball in her grasp. She effortlessly shot the ball and towards the cup, getting the ball inside.

Jocelyn and Mary Jane cheered and Harry stepped up, taking his shot sinking his ball in one of the other cups.

The five friends continued playing, laughing, and talking. Cindy had joined the game to make the teams even. And the six friends began making their own rules to the game and how to play. Having to do trick-shots or a dare if missing your shot. 

Nonetheless, Jocelyn had found that night as an escape from reality and the troubles around her. She drank and laughed with her friends enjoying her life as a teenager. And for once in her life, she felt like a normal teenager. Not someone with a secret identity who fights criminals in her spare time.

Betty was laughing from her spot on Gwen's back lining up her shot. Gwen held Betty up at the end of the table, with Cindy giggling behind them in case Betty fell back. Jocelyn, Mary Jane, and Harry were hysterically laughing as the three were struggling greatly.

Betty shot her ball across the table and sinked the shot into the last cup, earning the entire group to break out into celebration, laughter, and cheers from the winning shot. Jocelyn was too busy laughing beside her friends to notice the blue light emitting in the distance with smoke around it. An explosion.

But fortunately Spiderman was nearby and noticed. Letting Jocelyn having the night off to party and be a normal teenager while he got shot at, dragged by a car, and almost drowned in the lake.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

633 42 14
β†’ π—˜π—¦π—–π—”π—£π—˜ , 𝙋. π™‹π˜Όπ™π™†π™€π™ | 𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘰π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 ❝ π™žπ™£ π™¬π™π™žπ™˜π™ a girl who keeps what happens a...
74.4K 1.4K 24
Tom Holland's Peter Parker X reader (DrStrange'sdaughter) In the whole multiverse, you chose to love Peter Parker, that high school spiderman. Who's...
73K 1.4K 55
Peter Parker has a younger sister who has been missing for years She is now thirteen and desperately wants to escape, she is thinking of a plan but...
22.6K 624 22
Y/N was used by Hydra for her powers for years. When she senses Hydra's intentions for her shift to something more sinister, she makes her escape, me...