3 Paths to Love

By MimSSog

Three omega brothers, Taeyong, Seunghyeon, and Myungsuk, set out to navigate three very different life stages... More

Author Notes - Awards
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Extra: Wishes
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Special: To Fight like a Pirate [Seunghyeon x Kwangsun]
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Special: Little Red Riding Hood AU [Seunghyeon & Kwangsun] (18+)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Autism Acceptance Month
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Q&A Announcement
Chapter 31
Q & A
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Hiatus Update
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58 (Part 2/2)
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 58 (Part 1/2)

56 8 0
By MimSSog

Myungsuk slid his backpack on and tiptoed out of his room. He didn't know how long ago Daehyun spoke to him, and the sun was almost set. Myungsuk shook his head. This couldn't wait till tomorrow.

He snuck into the main room and paused, catching Taeyong on the couch, asleep. His scent was dull and heavy. It made Myungsuk's gut twist. This has been the longest they've gone without speaking.

Walking over, Myungsuk crouched down in front of Taeyong and sighed at the beads of sweat on his forehead. Being pregnant must've been hard.

"I forgive you," Myungsuk whispered as he got up. Because even if things didn't work out with Insoo, staying mad of Taeyong and Seunghyeon forever would break him.

Myungsuk slid on his shoes and zipped up his coat. He glanced over his shoulder once more before leaving, the door clicking behind him.

Gulping, Myungsuk squeezed his bag to his chest, glancing around the subway cart. It was unusually packed. The trickle of suits and briefcases were slowly getting replaced with people in costumes. Myungsuk gulped.

Even with headphones and a mask, his skin crawled. Myungsuk shook his head and buried his nose against his bag, taking deep breaths. It didn't matter what day it was, he couldn't wait until tomorrow. He had to do this. He could do this.

Turning right from the station, up the steep hill and at the first intersection, Myungsuk found the house. He brushed his fingers against the white stone gate, sighing in relief when it had that gritty texture. At least not everything was as smooth as it seemed.

Taking a deep breath, Myungsuk walked over to the gate and pressed the bell at the intercom. He tugged his sleeves as the static started.

"Hello?" An unfamiliar voice called out through the speaker.

"Hello," Myungsuk repeated. "Is this the Cheung residence?"

There was a pause and Myungsuk gnawed his lip. Did he get the wrong place?

"Yes, it is," the voice said. "Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Anything you can help me with?" Myungsuk muttered before nodding. "Yes. I'm looking for Cheung Insoo. Is he home?"

"Give me a moment." The speaker didn't turn off and the original voice was muffled, farther away, speaking to someone. Myungsuk couldn't hear the words but his heart hammered.

"Sorry, but he's not hom–"

"Wait!" Myungsuk blurted out and gulped. "Tell him it's Myungsuk."

"What? Wait, sir!" With a thud, the speaker clicked shut. Myungsuk furrowed his eyebrows and took a step back. And then it hit him.

A burst of the warm toasty scent hit Myungsuk like a wall and a moment later, the gate swung open and Myungsuk could breathe again.

"What are you doing here?" Insoo asked, his eyes bright, yet swollen. He gripped the doorway as if he was afraid to reach out and touch him.

Myungsuk bit the inside of his cheek and glanced down before blinking. "You're in your house slippers."

"Huh?" Insoo looked down. "Oh, I–" He bit his lip and shuddered, rubbing his bare arm. "You should come in, it's cold."

Nodding, Myungsuk followed Insoo back to the house. He looked around the garden– or the lack thereof. In the rectangular patches of stones, combed into circles were three strategically placed hedges, completely rounded.

Inside was even worse. White walls, white floors and white furniture. The butler stood by the door with a look that made Myungsuk shudder.

"This feels like an evil lair," Myungsuk whispered, slipping onto some guest slippers.

Insoo stifled a laugh and Myungsuk's heart swelled. "Yeah, I guess it does," Insoo said as he led him inside, halting in the hallway. Insoo pressed his lips into a thin line and rubbed the back of his neck.

He turned around, the red rim around his eyes obvious in the brightly lit space. The same question hung on his lips and before Insoo could repeat it, Myungsuk stepped forward.

"I know what Hyung said to you."

Insoo's eyes widened and he blinked. "What?"

"I know Taeyong-hyung spoke to you," Myungsuk explained, his chest tightening. "I know he said a lot of mean things to you and told you to break up with me."

Insoo knitted his brows and his eyes blurred. "If you know, then why are you here?"

"Because I don't care!" Myungsuk scowled and swung his backpack around, digging into it. "I don't care what Taeyong-hyung or Seunghyeon-hyung say about you or your family. Myungsuk pulled out the paper and furiously unfolded it.

"What is that?" Insoo asked, stepping forward.

Myungsuk grumbled. "I wrote a speech, so I don't forget what to say." Myungsuk cleared his throat. "When you knotted me–"

Insoo slapped his hands over Myungsuk's mouth, his face red. "Uh, why don't we go to my room. Okay?"

Myungsuk took a deep breath of Insoo's scent and nodded.

He followed Insoo to his room, humming as he looked around. There was clutter. The desk was piled with papers and there were plants and warmth in here unlike the rest of the house.

Myungsuk purred as he sat on the edge of the bed with Insoo and smiled at him. This was the Insoo he knew.

Insoo shifted awkwardly and glanced down. "So...?"

"Oh, right." Myungsuk sprang to his feet and stood in front of Insoo, clearing his throat.

"When you knotted me during my heat, the world felt right. In fact, these feelings started from the moment I met you when you came into the cafe that one chilly day nine months ago. I thought you were the cutest person and your eyes were like the moon that held all the stars in the sky."

Myungsuk took a deep breath. "For the first time, I wanted someone to like me. I wanted you to like me. And you did. Even after I told you I was autistic, you didn't treat me differently or stop talking to me. I don't know if you know how much that meant to me. I think it was then when I really let myself fall head over heels in love with you." Myungsuk glanced up at Insoo's awed expression and continued.

"I know Taeyong-hyung said awful things to you and hurt you when you're already insecure. You may be young, but so am I. Hyung calls you weak, but I think you're softhearted and tender. And that's what I love the most about you."

"Myungsuk–" Insoo's voice cracked as he reached out. Myungsuk took his hand and bit his lip. "That's all good... But my family."

"I don't care about your family," Myungsuk snapped. "They just need to meet me and they'll be okay."

"No they won't," Insoo said, holding Myungsuk's hand tighter. "And he's right. My family is an alpha-only family. I've tried bringing up the idea of being with an omega and they shut it down every time."

Myungsuk's heart ached and his eyes blurred. "Don't you love me?"

"I do," Insoo breathed out. He stood up and placed his hand on Myungsuk's cheek. "I do," he whispered. "I love you so much, Myungsuk, you have no idea."

Myungsuk nuzzled his palm, letting out a shaky breath. "Would you pick me over your family?"

"I would," he said without a second thought. "But"–Insoo hesitated–"I don't know how to survive on my own," he confessed, moving to wrap his arms around Myungsuk's waist.

"I'll be with you," Myungsuk said, hugging Insoo back. "And so will Daehyun-hyung. He said so."

Insoo furrowed his brows. "He did?"

Myungsuk nodded, standing on his toes. "Yup. You can stay with us. And don't worry about Taeyong-hyung and Seunghyeon-hyung. He said they know what they did was wrong."

"I see." Insoo sighed heavily and leaned his forehead against Myungsuk's. "I don't want to be a burden on them though."

"You won't be," Myungsuk hummed, his sweet pheromones wafting around them, wrapping around Insoo and washing away his fears. "Do you trust me?"

Falling silent, Insoo eyed Myungsuk conspicuously. Myungsuk raised his eyebrows. "What?"

Insoo huffed out a laugh and broke into a bright grin with twinkling eyes. "Nothing," he said before nodding. "I do trust you. With my whole heart."

Myungsuk bit his lips and wiggled his toes. "Good. Me too," he said and pecked Insoo's lips. "So will you stop ignoring my calls then?"

Insoo nodded. "Yes." He sighed and shook his head. "I'll never put us through that ever again."

"I know," Myungsuk purred. He nuzzled his nose against Insoo's shoulder and took in his breath. "I missed you alot," he whispered.

Insoo squeezed him and buried his nose into Myungsuk's hair, his breath wavering. "Me too."

The two stayed in each other's arms for a while, with only their breaths filling the silence. Comfortable, peaceful silence. Myungsuk could stay here forever. This is where he wanted to be; In Insoo's arms. But nothing lasts forever.

The floor rumbled below them and Insoo's jerked back, gasping. "My dad..."

Myungsuk blinked. "What?"

"That's the garage." Insoo pulled away and grabbed Myungsuk's bag. "You need to get out of here," he said and grabbed Myungsuk's wrist.

When Insoo opened his door, the door below them did too and with it gut-churning, metallic pheromones burned Myungsuk's nose. He turned to Insoo, who froze in place, the colour drained from his face as the familiar voice boomed through the house.

"WHERE ARE THEY?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.5K 3.8K 33
๐€๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ .. ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ฌ: ยป ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๏ฟฝ...
421K 15.2K 30
Kim Taehyung, an Alpha meets his mate, another Alpha, Jeon Jungkook. Little does he know, that his life is about to change for the better. (WARNING)...
522K 16.9K 48
Kim Taehyung is the last Male Omega to ever exist in the whole world, he lives with his Sub-Alpha and Dom-Alpha siblings Kim Seokjin and Kim Kahashi...