š˜½š™–š™˜š™  š™š™¤ š™š™š™š š™ˆš™–š™§š™–...

By _Mini_Padfoot_

Fred and George steal Hermione's Time-Turner to pester her, but a fight between Rubina Black and Fred Weasley... More

ā„‚š•’š•¤š•„
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Update
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve

Chapter Nine

2.1K 61 29
By _Mini_Padfoot_

There were a few days left until the Christmas break would begin, meaning final days of lessons were ongoing, gifts and sweets had been bought on the last Hogsmeade trip. Rubina, Fred and George were allowed to go by Dumbledore as he magicked up a fake signed permission form as proof just as a precaution. The castle was being decorated according to the holidays, such as the twelve, tall trees were up and shining in the Great Hall, students were eagerly chattering amongst themselves and some had even packed most of their belongings.

Sirius had been a bit bewildered at first, seeing Rubina play at the Quidditch Pitch as she seemed to have the same moves and tricks as Fiona. However, he brushed it off after considering it's Quidditch and it can be common to use some of the same tactics as another player.

Now, they were all eating in the Great Hall, happily conversing until James brought up the topic of the Christmas break.

"You all are invited to Potter Manor for Christmas, and maybe we could celebrate New Year's there too?"

The trio from the future shared a look, their smiles lessening.

"Actually, James," Rubina addressed the Potter boy, "the three of us are staying at Hogwarts. So we can't come."

"Why are you guys staying here?" Lily questioned.

"Our parents are busy, they won't be home."

At this, Sirius went deep into thought, the conversation he had with Remus a while ago rushing back.

What if Remus was right? Maybe their parents are Death Eaters- No, that's not true, right?

James looked at his sister who was sitting across from him. It seemed as if the two had a conversation just by their eye contact before Fiona nodded. James looked back at his future niece.

"Well, why not come straight to our home? I'm sure Mum would be delighted."

"No!" The tone of Rubina's voice made everyone look at her questioningly, the latter awkwardly cleared her throat. "I mean, we couldn't intrude like that-"

"You won't be intruding, you're our friends." Fiona stated, "Everyone will be more than happy to have you."

Rubina sighed in defeat, "Alright then." Fred tapped her leg under the table making the girl look at him. He shot her a what the hell look, to which Rubina averted her eyes. She couldn't have exactly argued back because that would make it look suspicious, but Rubina didn't want to go. She was extremely nervous, and almost scared. Rubina was afraid of going to the Manor as after all, this was the home of the Potters.

The house that had been a home before disaster struck.

It was already bad enough that they were stuck in the past with her soon to be dead aunt and uncle and their friends, most of whom would either meet death or another fate, but now she would meet her mother's parents, her grandparents. Rubina already didn't want to leave, she wanted to save the fallen, but the young Black knew she couldn't do so. Meeting her grandparents would only make her want to stay more in the past.

After dinner, when Rubina got into Fred's dormitory she threw herself on his bed and screamed into the pillow, trying to vent out all her frustration.

"Love."

Rubina removed the pillow, her face was a bit red and the front strands of her hair were all over her face. Fred knew she was choking back emotions as her eyes were slightly glossy. He moved forth and took a seat on the bed, while Rubina also sat up. Fred brushed aside the loose strands, clearing her face. He placed a hand under her chin, tilting her head up towards him.

"I know what you're going through and I'm sorry. I still feel as if you could have said no."

"I wish I could have, but if I argued any further it would look suspicious. Remus would know why but the others wouldn't understand why I'm protesting so much."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." He paused, "So we're going to the Potters?"

"Unfortunately. Freddie," And she rested her head against the headboard, looking up, "I'm scared."

"I know love, I know." With that, he pulled the girl into an embrace, the latter burying her face into his chest. Unbeknownst to the couple, a certain grey eyed boy was right outside the door, having paused to listen in on the conversation. After listening in, the words spoken moments before only fueled his suspicion.

***

Later that same evening, Sirius confronted Remus in the common room.

"I think you may have been right."

"Padfoot, please talk sense for once, because I have no clue what you are talking about."

"I mean about the fact," Sirius looked around before whispering, leaning in closer, "About the Thomas twins and Rubi being Death Eaters."

Remus waved a hand before his eyes widened as he realized what his best friend had said, and he moved his head up so fast from his book he may have cracked a bone. The light from the fire burning in the fireplace danced on his pale face. Sirius raised an eyebrow,

"So, you know something?"

"No. I can't believe you would accuse them like that."

Sirius barked out a laugh at that, "Me? Weren't you the one saying the same earlier?"

Remus averted his eyes, "I-I was wrong. I already figured it all out." With that, Remus held his book up, his face alternating between different emotions behind the book.

An hour later, Fred and Rubi were walking hand in hand around the school.

"The look on his face when he saw the patronus Harry had cast!" Rubina laughed, referring to the Quidditch match where Draco Malfoy had tried to scare Harry by pretending to be a Dementor with his cronies, which backfired when Harry scared the living daylights out of them by casting a patronus. Fred watched the girl with love in his eyes. They turned a corner and the girl's laughter faded away watching Peter appear almost frightened in front of Remus, who had a very serious expression on his face.

"Where were you going!"

"Remus, I've told you I was going to go to the kitchens-"

"No, you have been acting weird-"

"That's because you are yelling at me for no reason!" Peter suddenly shouted before turning on his heel, freezing when he saw Fred and Rubina before shaking his head and brushing past them. The pair watched him go before Rubina turned, her eyes narrowing onto Remus, who looked down at his shoes with guilt.

"What was that all about?"

"Nothing-"

"Don't you dare lie to me Remus John Lupin!" Rubina snapped, stepping forward and pointing a finger in the werewolf's face.

"Do you really call me by my full name in the future-"

"No! Just something that came to me as we adjusted to this time-" She paused, "don't distract me, what were you doing to Peter?"

The latter raised his hands in surrender, "I wasn't doing anything-"

"Oh yeah, we totally just imagined that whole thing-"

"Alright!" Remus suddenly shouted, "Fine! I was trying to see if Peter had already joined the Death Eaters!"

Silence. An eerie ringing took over as complete silence washed over. Rubina looked as if she was having an inner battle with herself, Fred looked between the two with surprise, while Remus nervously waited for a reaction from the girl.

"I mean that wasn't totally a bad idea-"

"Rubina, no." Fred said, "You know what we were told."

"I know," She sighed in defeat. Rubina remembered the Headmaster's words very clearly, for which reason she had pounced upon Remus as she had an inkling of what he was up to by interrogating Peter like that. Although one part of her suddenly overpowered and she wanted to help Remus. Rubina wanted to save everyone, but they couldn't.

"Yeah, I know."

"And Remus, you can't share this secret with anyone else or you'll know what could happen." said Fred.

Remus nodded.

"You better not, or else-"

"I won't Rubi, I swear."

"Good." Rubina said with finality, "Come on, Freddie, I want to go to the Astronomy Tower." She grabbed her boyfriend's hand and pulled him along, the two rounded a corner and Remus disappeared from view who stood rooted on his spot, a certain sense of defeat coursing through him.

"You know, it's weird how everything will eventually become." Rubina suddenly said, referring to the first wizarding war and its conclusion. "Especially since everyone is still safe and together."

"The war is terrible, love, there will be casualties soon. Let's just enjoy the good time we have left."

"Yeah, you're right." Rubina smiled up at him. "Maybe we should head to the kitchens instead, I wouldn't mind some pie."

Fred groaned dramatically, trying to keep his girl happy. "No. No more pies."

Fred and Rubina had a long story with pie, more Fred than Rubina, as Fred would be the one with his face covered in pie afterwards, courtesy of Rubina.

"But pie's your first love, my competition!" Rubina giggled.

"No, pie's my worst enemy." Fred frowned, fighting a smile.

Rubina only burst into further chuckles, as she stopped walking and bent over, clutching her stomach. A few moments later, she quietened down and straightened, wiping her eyes.

"Aha, pie, ah, I miss those days-" Rubina felt something brush past her, and she froze, the joy vanishing and she whipped to her right, her eyes darting all around. There was no one there.

"What is it?"

Rubina looked back at Fred, "I felt something brush past me..." She trailed off as she caught onto an idea. "It was probably nothing." She reached up and wrapped her arms around Fred's neck. "I think someone is around with the cloak, but I'm not sure if they're following us." Rubina whispered into the latter's ear.

He replied back, "Well, let's hope they didn't catch onto anything that no one else was supposed to hear." The two pulled apart, smiled at one another and walked the rest of the way to the tower. Not long after they disappeared, an individual appeared out of thin air.

Sirius had taken James' cloak to avoid Filch with who he was supposed to be serving detention with, and instead came upon Rubina scolding Remus who didn't protest, Rubina and Fred leaving very shortly after while Remus looked disappointed and almost scared.

Sirius only had one thought now as he gazed down the hallway.

They are Death Eaters! And Remus must have found out their secret so they threatened him! Well not for long, I am not allowing Death Eaters to harm my friends.

The trio from the future couldn't have predicted what would befall upon them, as Sirius began to plot his next move.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Hey!

I'm back, and that was the next chapter! I liked it. What are your thoughts on it? Anything you would like to see in the upcoming story? Any predictions of what may happen next? Hehe... 

Also just wanted to mention two things. I'm not sure when I'll be updating next but hopefully soon! Also if you like Sirius Black fanfics then please check out my new book "Destiny's Game" which follows Fiona Potter and Sirius Black. I really love that book and have been spending most of my time on it, so it would mean a lot to me if you went to check it out!

Have a good day! <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 4.3K 17
(James and Lily are alive. And Peter is in azkaban) When a letter arrives, in the great hall, at the feast on the 1st of September 1995 in Hogwarts a...
123K 774 5
"Save your breath child, the gods have forgotten you" Apollo x oc
279K 2.8K 51
We all know Percy Jackson, the son of Poseidon, two time saviour of Olympus, bearer of the sky, bane of Gaia and Kronos, blah, blah, blah. Well what...
90.8K 2.6K 60
Diana Potter, though a year younger, had the best bond with her brother James. They where best friends. And I'm saying 'where' because the oldest of...