Our Other Place In The Sun

By Durden42

Rem and Subaru one night get mysteriously transported into Subaru's world. Subaru helps Rem get adjusted to a... More

Chapter 1 (The Rising Sun)
Chapter 2 (Far From Lugnica)
Chapter 3 (Reunited At Last)
Chapter 4 (Bad Romance)
Chapter 5 (An Unexpected Turn)
Chapter 6 (Going Places)
Chapter 7 (Double The Love)
Chapter 8 (Romance of the Three Kingdoms)
Chapter 9 (Old Friends)
Chapter 10 (A Strange Man, In A Strange Place)
Chapter 11 (I See Everything)
Chapter 12 (Sick Day)
Chapter 13 (The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword)
Chapter 14 (The Bell Tolls For Us)
Chapter 15 (Seriously!?)
Chapter 16 (Subaru's Long Lost Journal)
Chapter 17 (My True Friend)
Chapter 18 (Sweet Harmony)
Chapter 19 (Academical)
Chapter 20 (Völva)
Chapter 21(Tear Down This Wall)
Chapter 22 (Take That, von Hasburgs)
Chapter 23 (The Emerald Isle)
Chapter 24 (Bad Blood)
Chapter 25 (Crusader Kings)
Chapter 26 (Crusader Kings 2)
Chapter 27 (Our Words Are Backed With Nuclear Weapons)
Chapter 28 (Keeping It In The Family)
Chapter 29 (Trading The Narrow Path)
Chapter 30 (With a Little Help..)
Chapter 32 (The Good, the Bad, and the Weird)
Chapter 33 (Where The Heart Is)
Chapter 34 (AAA Credit)

Chapter 31 (Death Or Dishonor Or Cake)

159 2 2
By Durden42

It was a very early morning in Lugnica. Subaru and Rem had just recently arrived at the capital to visit Ram. It was only them visiting this time, Kenichi and Naoko had already made plans for a two week vacation in the Philippines so couldnt join them.

Once Subaru and Rem crossed over from Japan, they were able to stumble into Rosswal while at the mansion. They hadn't been able to see him the last trip because he was off on a supposed business trip. This trip also led to him being absent from Ram's wedding.

Like seemingly always, Rosswal seemed glad to see them again. Though Subaru had some questions as to why he switched his support from Emilia to Ram.

Unfortunately when questioned, the only thing Rosswal told Subaru was that it was all just politics, and that it was nothing personal. Claiming he had no intentions of upsetting or insulting Emilia, he just felt that Ram was the better candidate and ultimately a better ruler.

Even though this explanation seemed somewhat logical, Subaru still didn't believe it entirely. He felt like there was more to this than what he was letting on.Though he had no evidence or reason to disagree with what he told him, so he just had to accept it for now.

After talking to Rosswal for a bit Subru and Rem went to the capital. Subaru enjoyed the carriage ride there. Lugnica looked so pretty in the early morning. It was also warmer and there wasn't snow all over the place.

Subaru would have fallen asleep during the carriage ride if he didn't have to stay awake just in case Rem fell asleep. The reason Rem was going to fall asleep was because she stayed up all night out of excitement to see her sister. In the middle of the night she gave up on trying to fall asleep entirely and resorted to watching cat videos on the internet on her laptop to pass the time. She would eventually wake Subaru close to five in the morning and it was then they decided to leave for Lugnica. Mostly because Subaru couldn't fall back asleep with Rem giggling at cat videos.

During the journey Subaru had to constantly keep tapping Rem's shoulder whenever he saw her about to drift off. Last thing he wanted was for the carriage to crash because Rem fell asleep from watching cat videos all night.

Eventually they made it to the nobility district of the capital which is where the van Astrea manor was located. Subaru always thought it was funny that Reinhard and Rosswal had such big houses but only had a couple people living in them. Reinhard didn't have nearly as big of a house as Rosswal but it seemed a bit much for only himself and his wife.

Once they arrived Subaru and Rem walked up the door after parking the carriage. By this point Rem only had one eye open and was doing everything to try and not fall asleep.

"Well Rem we made it, are you excited to see your sister again?" Subaru asked as he knocked on the door.

Rem let out a yawn. "Yes Rem is very excited to see Nee-Sama again, but she feels very tired and needs to lay down"

"You shouldn't have stayed up all night watching cat videos. Even though it was adorable to see you laugh at them, I think your sleep is more important"

"It was very hard to fall asleep, Subaru. Rem was really looking forward to visiting Nee-Sama

"I know, you always are. Anyway, are these people going to answer the door or are we just going to wait here all morning" Subaru said, giving another knock at the door.

"It's quite early Subaru, both of them might still be asleep"

"Well in that case we might as well let ourselves in. I'm sure Ram wouldn't care if you entered her home uninvited. You are her sister after all"

Rem let out another yawn and rubbed her eyes. "Rem doesn't know Subaru, it doesn't seem right"

"Let's just see if the doors are unlocked," Subaru said. He put his hand on the handle of one of the doors and pulled, to his surprise the door opened to the foyer "Well it looks like somebody forgets to lock the doors at night."

"Subaru we can't just walk in without permission, Rem doesnt think either of them would appreciate us doing that," Rem said.

"There's no harm in seeing if they're home, they might be off on a business trip or something" Subaru responded as he walked into the fancy foyer. Rem still didn't like that they were entering uninvited but went along with Subaru nonetheless.

They quietly went into the dining room to see if they were eating breakfast but all they were met with was rows of empty chairs and a clear table, no one was even in the kitchen preparing it.

"Well it seems like the dining room is empty. Do you know where their bedroom is?" Subaru asked.

"Rem knows where their bedroom is. It's down the end of the hall if we take the door to the left in the foyer"

"Alright then, lets go check if they're sleeping"

Subaru went back into the foyer and took the door to the left to reveal a hallway with a few doors lined up across the wall opposite of the windows. Before he opened the door Subaru could already hear muffled snores echoing throughout the hall. Snores so mascilen it was obviously coming from Reinhard or someone else.

"Is that Reinhard snoring, or is someone else staying here?" Subaru asked as they got closer to the end of the hall.

"Possibly, Rem didn't know Nee-Sama' s husband snored this loudly."

Subaru went up to the door at the end of the hall where the snores were originating from. Gently opening the door he peeked his head in to find none other than Reinhard and Ram still sleeping in bed. He was quite impressed to find Ram being able to sleep past Reinhard somehow.

"Looks like we found them. So it was Reinhard snoring that loudy, I never knew he did that. I commend Ram for being able to put up with it every night" Subaru whispered.

"Poor Nee-Sama," Rem commented.

"She probably just got used to it by now," Subaru said as he entered the room.

Rem didn't follow and stayed out in the hall, she didn't want to disrupt her sister's sleep. "Subaru we should just let them rest. It's still early. Rem doesn't want to wake them. Nee-Sama doesn't like having her sleep distrubed it always puts her in a bad mood and Rem doesn't want to put Nee-Sama in a bad mood"

Subaru didn't respond and grabbed Reinhard's sword that was by his nightstand. He took it out of the holster and pointed it at Rem. "Hey Rem take a look at this cool sword. Am I now Sword Saint?" He whispered.

"Subaru please put that back!" Rem responded.

"Alright fine. Geez this thing is heavy," Subaru responded as he put the sword back in the holster and leaned it back against the wall.

"Please Subaru lets just let them rest. Rem doesn't want to be a disturbance"

"We won't be a disturbance, they will be glad to see us. I will prove it now by giving them a surprise wake up"

"Subaru dont!"

Despite Rem's pleas. Subaru ran up and dived on the bed and landed between Ram and Reinhard. "Hey guys! We are back to visit!" Subaru yelled out.

Ram opened her eyes and looked over her shoulder to find Subaru and grew annoyed. Having both her sleep distrubed and Subaru being up to his antics, "Barusu what do you think your doing!? Who let you into the house!?" She asked.

"You guys left the door unlocked, and I just wanted to surprise you" Subaru responded. He proceeded to give Ram a hug while laying next to her. "Hello Ram, I missed you. How have you been?" He asked. Subaru immediately got an elbow to the stomach from Ram. "Will you get off of me Barusu!"

"Cheer up Ram, me and Rem have come to visit. Aren't you glad to see your sister again?"

"Yes I am very glad to see her not you"

Subaru grabbed his shirt where his heart was and closed his eyes. "Ram! My Feelings!"

"Will you get out of our bed already!"

While Subaru and Ram were busy bickering with each other, one of them finally awoke Reinhard, who was somehow able to sleep past Subaru when he dived next to him. Upon regaining consciousness he immediately identified the familiar voice of Subaru who was laying right next to him.

"Subaru is that you?" Reinhard asked as he looked over his shoulder.

"Yeah it's me, we have once again came over to visit you and Ram for a week."

"May I ask what you are doing in our bed?"

"Well I dived in intending on giving you guys a surprise wake up, but a certain someone doesnt appreciate it" Subaru said while looking back over to Ram.

"Get out of our bed already Barusu, and stop acting stupid" Ram demanded.

"Alright, fine, I'm getting up" Subaru said. He got out of their bed like Ram demanded and began walking out of the bedroom. "Well now that you guys are up and know we are here, I think me and Rem should go and get our bags from the carriage. Let us go now Rem" Subaru said

Subaru exited the room and closed the bedroom door to give Ram and Reinhard some privacy. Next he and Rem went back to the carriage to retrieve the few bags they brought with them. They went into the bedroom they would be staying in for the next week and began to unpack.

Or more realistically only Subaru was unpacking, Rem fell asleep instantly once she laid herself on the bed. Subaru didn't want to wake her because he knew she didn't get any sleep the previous night.

After everything was put away, Subaru made his way downstairs to see if breakfast was being made. He didn't even have to enter the dinning room to pick up the smell of food being prepared.

"So Ram what is for breakfast?" Subaru asked as he entered the kitchen.

"You will find out when it's ready, please get out of here and leave me be" Ram said.

"Why does it have to be like that Ram, I'm just checking up on you. Just wanna see what's going on, like how is life?" Subaru asked.

"It's fine Barusu, nothing interesting"

"What do you mean nothing interesting? Ram, you are literally in the race to become queen of Luginca, and had just gotten married to Reinhard. Surely you have something noteworthy to talk about"

"I would rather not talk about my personal life. The only person I want to tell that information to is Rem."

"Not evening Reinhard?"

"He already knows all about it. And no matter who I share it with, it's nothing I want to discuss while making breakfast. Now that I established this could you now leave"

"Say it nicely and I'll consider it"

"Barusu I'm not going to play these ridiculous games with you. I asked you to leave, now leave"

"No Ram, not until you at least say please"

Ram heavily sighed and rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Fine, will you please leave me alone and stop bothering me"

"Why of course Ram, thank you for asking nicely" Subaru said as he exited the kitchen with a slight smirk on his face. After he exited, he went to take a seat in the dining room and wait for breakfast to be finished.

"Hello again Subaru how are you?" Reinhard said as he entered the dining room to sit across from Subaru.

"I'm doing great actually, how have you been doing? Has Ram divorced you again?"

"Of course not Subaru, me and her get along just fine. As of the past month there has not been a single problem between us. If I were to be completely honest with you, I have truly never felt happier. I probably should have said this a dozen times already, but I truly thank you Subaru for giving me opportunities necessary to be with Ram. Without you I probably wouldn't be married to her"

"No problem, glad you guys love each other. It's fun to see the soft side of Ram come out, I honestly thought I would never get to see it."

"Anyways, have you brought your family along again?"

"No, not this time, it's just me and Rem. My mom and dad decided to go on a vacation elsewhere"

"Alright then, I hope I get to see them next time you come to visit"

"Did you actually enjoy having them around?"

"Of course Subaru, I talked with both of them and they seem very nice. Though I will say it's clear that they aren't from around here, both of them didn't seem to have much clue of Lugnica from some of the questions they asked me. Though despite this I never considered them to be weird. Just people that are exploring Lugnica for the first time, much like you when we first met"

"Alright thanks for telling me, I thought you've got tired of my dad wanting to arm wrestle you all the time"

"Not at all Subaru, I enjoyed their company. If you don't mind me asking this, where are you and Rem visiting from? None of your parents wanted to tell me, I even asked Ram at one point and she seemed to know but didn't want to tell me either. I would just greatly appreciate it if you finally told me.

Subaru had yet to tell Reinhard about where he truly originated from. During the last visit to Lugnica he held off, making Reinhard the only one in the van Astrea manor who didn't know about the modern world.

Despite always being a friendly and trustworthy guy, Subaru knew Reinhard wasn't going to believe anything he considered to be nonsense. If Subaru were to tell Reinhard the truth and he didn't believe him it might make things a bit awkward between them. The only way Subaru saw Reinhard believing it, was if Ram were to take him to Japan, which by their busy schedules was unfortunately off the table for now.

"Umm... Reinhard, it's not as simple as you think. It's kind of tricky to tell you where I come from. You can't find it on the map and it's easy to miss. Almost nobody in Luginica knows about it. I'm sorry Reinhard, I really want to tell you but I just can't unfortunately.

"Right... I understand" Reinhard said. Subaru could hear the slight disappointment in his voice. He knew his curiosity was killing him internally.

Subaru then remembered the wedding pictures he had brought to Lugnica to give to Reinhard, and thought that was the perfect thing to change the subject.

"Could you please stay put for a minute? I actually brought something for you and Ram I think you will both like" Subaru said as he stood up from his chair.

"Really, you brought something for us?"

"Yeah just let me quickly go and get it from our bags"

Subaru went back to his room and slowly walked in, making sure to keep himself very quiet, not wanting Rem to wake up. He looked through their bags and eventually found the photos. Every Single time he looked at one of the photos he always felt himself grow a smile.

Going back down stairs with photos in hand Subaru went up to the dining room doors to overhear faint chuckles. Pulling the door open he found to his amusement and surprise Ram and Reinhard feeding each other breakfast.

They both took turns taking bites of food off the other's utensil. Sharing a plate between the two of them. Subaru stood there for an entire minute watching them, finding the sight cute and adorable.

When it again came to Ram's turn to take a bite of food. She opened her mouth somewhat enthusiastically. Not knowing Subaru was watching. Reinhard wasn't holding his utensil steady enough, causing some food to smear on her cheek.

"My apologies, I accidently got some on your cheek. Let me clean that off for you" Reinhard said as he grabbed a napkin and cleaned the small mess off Ram's face.

"Are you guys having fun in here?" Subaru finally spoke up, making his presence known.

Ram and Reinhard's smiles vanished and they both looked over to Subaru feeling embarrassed knowing full well he witnessed them enjoying eachothers company.

Eversince Reinhard started to spend more of his time with Ram there relationship grew to be more closer than ever. Oftentimes Reinhard and Ram's formality would slip away, causing the fun side of them to come out.

"Hello again Subaru" Reinhard greeted, having a hand covering his face to hide his embarrassment.

"Barusu what are you doing here?" Ram added.

Subaru walked up to the dining room table and took a seat. "I came here for breakfast Ram. I didn't mean to be a bother, you guys can continue having your fun, just pretend like I'm not here"

"In no offense to you Subaru, but we rather not do that sort of thing in front of anyone." Reinhard said.

"Would it make it better if I got a fork and joined in?" Subaru asked.

"Absolutely not Barusu. If you want a plate you have to go and get it for yourself in the kitchen" Ram said.

"Alright then, before I do that though. I think I should hand you guys your wedding photos" Subaru said as he slid the photos across the dining room table. Reinhard took a couple that separated from the pile and analyzed the photos in amazement. He felt as if he was relieving the moment by looking at the realistic photograph.

Throughout his wedding he noticed Subaru's mother having an odd mechanism he had never seen before. He even asked her about it, but once again it fell into her not being able to disclose her place of origin. This only added onto Reinhard's curiosity. It seemed like wherever Subaru was from had some technology that had somehow gone unnoticed in the kingdom.

Subaru stood back up and went into the kitchen to get himself a plate. He went over to the pot and served himself a plate of what Ram cooked before going back into the dining room with plate in hand.

"So what are you two planning for today? Anything exciting?" Subaru asked as he sat back down.

"Well not too long after breakfast me and Ram have to take off to another royal meeting, it shouldn't take up too much time, after the meeting is over Ram is scheduled for another dress appointment" Reinhard said.

Ram grew a slight but visible frown. "Do I really have to go to another dress appointment? I think I already have enough clothes," she said.

Ram did not like going to dress appointments because of the woman that would measure her in weird and uncomfortable ways. Though Reinhard always insisted that Ram dressed all lady like and had an assortment of dresses, meaning she had to go back regularly.

"Dear, your presentation matters in a royal election. I know you don't like dress appointments, but I promise to give you a special reward once you're finished." Reinhard said. Adding a tone emphasis on the word 'special'

Ram's frown immediately vanished, and returned to her normal content expression. "I guess that's enough to convince me"

Subaru made a weird face and got a little uncomfortable thinking of what special reward Reinhard was talking about. "Do you guys really have to talk about stuff like that in front of me? Do you not know what a private conversation is?"

Reinhard looked at Subaru visibly confused as to what he was referring to. "What do you mean Subaru?" He asked.

"Look I don't care what you guys do behind closed doors, I just rather not know about it" Subaru responded.

Ram grew slightly annoyed, knowing full well of what Subaru was talking about. "You pervert. How disgusting of you to assume he rewards me like that"

Reinhard eventually caught onto what Subaru was interpreting and felt a little uncomfortable. He never liked talking about that sort of thing openly with anyone. "Subaru I really don't feel comfortable in this conversation"

"I-Im sorry, it was just some miscommunication on my part. It just sounded a little weird how you worded it. I didn't mean to make either of you feel uncomfortable" Subaru apoligzed. Feeling some sort of embarrassment from how awkward he made the atmosphere in the room.

"Anyway after you are done thinking of whatever perverted stuff you are thinking about. You could inform me of when Rem will be coming down for breakfast"

"Rem won't be coming for breakfast, she fell asleep once she laid down on the bed in our bedroom. She stayed up all night because she was excited to see you"

"Very well then, I guess I'll see her after we return home. Make sure you take care of her if she doesn't feel well" Ram said.

"Of course I will take care of her Ram, I always do. Rem is always my first priority"

"That's what I like to hear, when are you finally going to marry her?

"Don't rush me! Me and her both want to wait until the time is right, we only started our relationship a half a year ago. I will marry her one day, I promise you. You just got to do some waiting"

"In that case, a good thing you could possibly give her could be a promise ring," Reinhard said.

"A promise ring?" Subaru asked curiously.

"Yes, a promise ring. It's a little different from a marriage ring. A promise ring is a ring you give to someone whose relationship you want to devote your entire life to nurturing and protecting. Often it's given to an individual as a way of guaranteeing marriage one day"

Subaru actually thought Reinhard's idea of giving Rem a promise ring was one of the best he ever heard. He always wanted to guarantee Rem he would marry her, but didnt know how to go about it.

"Know what? That's actually a good idea Reinhard, thanks for giving me the idea"

"You are more than welcome Subaru," Reinhard responded. His eyes went over to glance at the tall clock ticking away in the dining room. His heart nearly sank when he read the time, knowing they were about to be late to the royal meeting and had little time to spare. "Oh my, look at the time. Sorry Subaru but myself and Ram best be on our way, we are about to be late to the royal meeting" Reinhard said as he stood up,

"Hold on, I have to clean the dishes first" Ram said as she collected the dirty plates and utensils from the table and put them in a pile.

"Dear that's going to have to wait, we are really running short on time"

"I guess you're right. Barusu, can you handle these dishes? Just wash them and put them away in the cupboard. " Ram said.

"What do you say, Ram?" Subaru asked as he folded his arms.

Ram grew annoyed and gave Subaru a mean look. "Will you please do the dishes for me!" She asked again with a bit of aggression.

"Of course, thank you for saying please. Maybe we can try smiling next time" Subaru responded with a smile on his face as he took the small pile of plates from Ram. He took them into the kitchen and brought them to the sink. Taking the plate at the top of the pile he began to clean, making sure to scrub it thoroughly like Ram would have wanted. He didn't want to be put up with a scolding once she returned home.

He started to think of what he was going to do while Ram and Reinhard were gone. Rem would most likely sleep all day, leaving him alone with no one to talk to. It was then he remembered he could visit Emilia; he had already promised to spend some time with her every time he came to visit.

Only problem was he didnt have the slightest clue of where he could find her. She was no longer residing at Rosswal's and he didn't know where she moved to. The only person who would have a chance of knowing was either Reinhard or Ram.

Setting the plate down in the sink, Subaru took off out of the kitchen intending on catching Reinhard and Ram and ask where he could find Emilia before they went off. He was able to find them getting ready to exit the foyer.

"Hey! I have a quick question before you leave" Subaru said.

Reinhard looked over to Subaru. "What is it Subaru? All I ask is that you make it quick because we are in a slight hurry"

"All I wanted to know is where I could find Emilia, I don't know where she's staying and I promised to spend some time with her while I visited"

"I unfortunately don't have a clue, though I think you could catch her at the royal meeting since I confidently know she will be there"

"Well am I allowed to come with you guys? I promise to behave" Subaru said.

Reinhard didn't say anything and left it up to Ram to decide. She took a few seconds to contemplate until she eventually came to a decision.

"I guess you could come with us... But you are to wait outside until the meeting is over, and I better not catch you do anything stupid." Ram said.

Ram had a slight feeling that if she brought Subaru he was going to do something that embarrassed not only himself but Ram and Reinhard as well. He didn't exactly have the best track record when it came to formal and professional occasions. The most recent example being what he did during the party on the island of Larnaca.

"Thank you Ram, I really appreciate you letting me come along. Good to see there is a kind and compassionate side to you" Subaru said in an appreciative tone.

Ram only rolled her eyes in response.

—-------------------------------------------------------

Taking a seat on the bench, Subaru slouched and looked up at the sky wondering how long he was going to be waiting for the meeting to conclude. He already knew political meetings always dragged out so there was no telling how long he was going to be stuck outside.

He was thankful that around the capital the weather was very warm. Last thing he wanted was to wait outside for hours feeling his hands grow numb from the freezing cold.

While he was losing himself in thought, a man dressed in a fancy black suit topped off with a fedora came walking up to the bench and took a seat beside him. "Good afternoon, wonderful weather we are having" The man said as he adjusted his tie.

"Yeah it's pretty nice, much better than where I'm from" Subaru responded.

"Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? Are you from around here?"

"I come from somewhere far away, not a lot of people know about it. Anyway what brings you here?" Subaru said changing the topic.

"Just confidential business, nothing new. My life is unfortunately quite dull..."

"Sorry to hear, I know what it's like having a boring life. Just know that something surprising can happen at any time. I just hope things get better for you."

The man in the suit's face remained blank as he adjusted his posture. The longer Subaru looked at his face the more he started to consider his neutral expression a frown. "I have only one question for you son. Do you cherish your life?"

Subaru thought the question was a little odd, but answered nonetheless "Well currently I love my life. As of the past months I have never been happier. I don't mean to brag or anything, but I kinda got myself a girlfriend that is like a high hundred on the beauty scale."

"Is beauty the only thing that attracts you to her?"

"Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't find her attractive. But what made me fall for her was her willingness to confess her love to me when I was at a moment of dissatisfaction. Never in my life have I had anyone told me they loved me ever. She also acts so cute and adorable and is just a joy to be around. Everyday since we started our relationship I always end off the day knowing I made the right decision."

"Very impressive, I assume marriage is already on the table?"

"Of course, like I said Rem is the one I love the most out of anyone ever"

"Have you already proposed?"

"No, not yet. A friend of mine told me I should get her a promise ring but I don't know where I could get a ring at, I'm kinda broke and rings are just so expensive"

"Not everyone can be rich, those who often are rich just never stop their quest for more monetary gain. There aren't just good people in the world, some are willing to do anything for money"

"Yeah but that's basically just real life, there are always going to be greedy people that only care about themselves. It's a common thing. I've never really understood it myself, I feel like the more money you have the more miserable you become"

The man in the suit reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. "In that case you proved to me you are worthy of my generosity." He said.

Subaru watched as the man in the suit opened the box to show him a fancy ring inside. "Why are you showing me this?" He asked.

"I already told you. You are worthy of my generosity which I often show to much of. Anyway, take this ring son" The man in suit said.

"A-Are you seriously giving this to me?" Subaru asked in disbelief.

"Why yes, here take it" The man in the suit closed the box and held it out for Subaru who slowly took it and opened the box again to look at the ring. He knew Rem would love it.

"T-Thanks, I-I don't know what to say. That's one of the nicest things I have ever seen anybody do. You are quite a good man"

"Savor your life, son, cherish and savor everything. Don't take anything for granted. Die knowing you lived. Live out each and every day as if it were your last, because you never know when your time finally comes" The man in the suit said as he stood up from the bench.

"I will, thanks again for the ring. Rem is going to love it when I show it to her I'm sure of it"

"Very well then, I best be on my way. Be good friend"

"Alright then bye" Subaru said.

The man in the suit walked off, leaving Subaru to marvel at the ring. He couldn't wait to go back to manor and show Rem. Though first he had to wait until the meeting was over, and it only took many hours of waiting outside in pure boredom until he finally noticed people leaving the building in giant groups.

"Finally," Subaru said to himself as he stood up and stretched.

Subaru made his way over to the building and he didn't even have to walk inside to find Emilia on her way out. Upon seeing Subaru in front of her, Emilia grew a pleasant smile, happy to make his acquaintance once more.

"Oh hi, Subaru have you come to visit again?" She asked.

"Yeah, me and Rem came to visit and like promised I wanted to hangout and keep you up to date on what's been happening"

"Thank you Subaru for finding me, but unfortunately I'm a little busy today can we meet tomorrow?"

"Sure, how about we meet here tomorrow at noon?"

"Absolutely I will be here, I have to go now. See you later" Emilia said.

Before she went off, Puck emerged from his crystal. "Hello again Subaru, is Rem with you?" He asked.

"Oh hi Puck. Rem came with me, but she's currently sleeping at the van Astrea manor. We came over this morning and Rem stayed up all night looking at cat videos. When we got to Reinhard's she fell asleep before breakfast started"

"Looking at cats all night? Well that's another thing I am going to have to scold her for, anyway be well Subaru" Puck responded.

"Wait, what are you going to scold her for other than looking at cats all night?" Subaru asked.

"For her school behavior. I have been labeled as her guardian making her my adopted child along with Lia. I have two daughters now!" Puck declared proudly as he extended his arms up.

"Puck I don't think that's how it works..." Emilia said.

"Nonsense, I am her school parental figure, therefore her guardian, and she is now my daughter. Wait! She has a twin sister, I have three daughters!"

"Emilia can you please explain what's going on? Since when was Puck Rem's guardian?"Subaru asked.

"Before I left the Rosswal's, Puck and Beatrice were pretending to be Rem's mother and father whenever her place of education came calling."

"Don't worry Subaru, me and Beatrice have been excellent guardians. We kept them at bay for months. It wasn't until me and Lia left they started to become somewhat suspicious. Though I'm sure Beatrice is handling it just fine, I wouldn't worry"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.8K 2.2K 53
After having dealt with the challenges of the Pleiades watchtower, Natsuki Subaru is summoned by an unknown deity to help fix some worlds from the fa...
2.3K 138 11
After watching The World for Thousands Of Years Supreme Deity Rimuru is bored Then he decides to visit Other Worlds But , He wants to have as much f...
7.6K 314 7
[Y/N a player LV 1 a new and unique soul sent in a new world.]
3K 66 13
A parachuting Canadian sniper doesn't know what he is getting into when he lands on the front lawn of a certain manor. I do not own the rights to re...