Cut From A Different Cloth

Από beysfavorite

Leia Drew, 14, and her baby sister, Logan, 3, now lives with her Aunt May after her mom died unexpectedly. Sh... Περισσότερα

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11

7

592 32 86
Από beysfavorite

Leia POV
November 16
Saturday
__________________________

"One, two, buckle my shoe!" Logan started singing as she was walking down the sidewalk.

"Logan stay closer to the buildings and not the road please." I called out seeing how she was balancing on the sidewalk towards the road.

"Why LeiLei?! You always say that!" Logan pouted and stopped her skipping entirely to walk with me holding my hand.

"Well if I always say it, I wonder why I have to keep repeating it. But I say it because I don't want you to fall in the street and get ran over. Remember that raccoon we saw a couple of days ago? That'll be you and I don't need that." I spoke unintentionally harsh to Logan. I swear it's the withdrawals and I'm going to fix them right now.

Logan and I were walking to my job to first pick up my check and then meet CJ at the mall to get the re-up I asked for like 2 weeks ago. I've been going through some mean ass withdrawals for like a week and a half, nothing too bad but my hormones have been everywhere and I've been tired as hell, laying around with no motivation.

"You're mean!" Logan snatched her hand away from mine to cross her arms.

"No, I'm real. You'll understand that when you're older." I shook my head.

"I wanna listen to music!" Logan exclaimed as we turned the corner being really close to my job.

I just turned on my music from the last thing that was playing...

It's too strong
It won't fit
It's too much
It's too tough
I talk like this cause I can back it up

"Oh shit." I tried to hurry up and turn off the song, I did not need Logan knowing this song.

"I gotta big eagle! Such a huge eagle!" I heard Logan sing out loud and all I could do was shake my head at her innocence. Thank you Shalissa for using double entendres.

"Okay okay shh, we're about to walk in. And we're not getting anything to eat or drink we can do that at the mall." I told Logan as we were walking into Hovito's.

I took Logan's hand as we walked passed the front desk and through the restaurant to go to the office, it was so crowded today I was so glad that I wasn't working.

I knocked on the door and soon I heard a 'come in' from my manager Steven, which I did as he said and walked in the door.

"Hey Steven, I'm here to-"

"Pick up your pay I know. Give me a second Leia we're swamped in here, I would've really appreciated it if you could've worked today." He tried to hurry up and say in a nice tone, as if I'll say yes. It's my off day bih.

"Oh sorry I can't, I have some errands I need to run." It's not like I lied but if I was being 100% truthful, I would've told him to shut the hell up and give me my money.

"Okay Leia bye." Steven said coldly as he handed me an envelope with my name on it, "Your tips are in there too. Make sure to close the door on your way out."

I just took my money, placed it in my backpack, readjusted Logan's hand in mine and went on about my business. The only reason why he was trying so hard to get me to work is because his lazy ass doesn't want to have to get out of that office and do something.

Logan and I were now walking to the mall, which wasn't that far from here like 20 minutes and then the walk back home would be around 40.

I felt my back pocket vibrating, I just knew this was CJ's impatient ass calling me.

"What?" I answered the phone holding it up to my ear with my left hand because Logan was holding to my right.

"I will leave this damn mall you better check yo self shorty." CJ spoke, trying to put bass in his tiny ass voice.

"Man shut up, I'm walking up I'll be there in 5 minutes." I said confidently knowing I was actually about 15 minutes away.

"Hurry the fuck up!" CJ yelled at me, he always has an attitude like he has a hormone rage or something.

———

"Damn man! You said 5 minutes, why did it take yo ass 20?" CJ complained as he stood up from the parking block he was sitting on.

"I been here, I just had to relocate myself all the way to the top floor parking lot because of you. Plus you shouldn't be complaining, I asked for this re-up how many weeks ago? And I'm just now getting it?" I shook my head.

"Man shut up, you getting it for free however long I take don't matter."

"CJ hand me my shit." I dismissed as I felt a tug on my right hand, I forgot Logan was here.

"Don't say bad words LeiLei! You're not supposed to!" Logan reminded me with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah Logan get at her. She's bad, needs to be out in a timeout." CJ laughed as I seamlessly stuck out my middle finger at him.

"Here's your shi- stuff." CJ corrected after he saw Logan mugging him with her 'mean face.'

"Thank you, although I should really be thanking Chris." I said as I took the pill capsules out his hands and put them in my backpack.

"Man whatever. I'm bout to peel out I got stuff to handle, where y'all bout to go?" He asked as we started walking to the elevator to go back to the main entrance.

"No where really, just to House of Deréon to get Logan some more sweatsuits and maybe go inside Children's place." I popped a Prozac once we were in the elevator. I almost melted once I tasted the absolute heaven of the pill on my tongue.

———

Omniscience POV

"Grandma how much longer are we staying?" Blue asked Tina as she was right by her side holding the clothes Tina was putting on the clothing rack.

"Well I'm staying here until closing, it is my store after all." Tina told Blue grabbing the last of the clothes and hanging them.

"Okay, how long am I staying here?" Blue asked impatiently and with a bit of an attitude, causing Tina to cut a look at her.

"We're here for about another hour until 2:30 and then we're gonna meet your momma for lunch and you can go on your merry way. But why are you trying to leave me so sudden? I thought you wanted to come help me." Tina asked.

"I did! But thennn... I remembered that a new episode of Raven's home is coming out! At like 8 o'clock central whatever that means. But I need to go home before I miss it!" If you knew Blue for any bit of 30 minutes you would be well aware that Raven's home is her favorite thing ever.

"Well you have enough time and you won't miss it. Come with me to the back, Sydni can you watch out in the front?" Tina asked one of her employees as she and Blue were making their way to the back of the store where the storage, break room, and office was.

"You got it Ms.Tina." Sydni replied with a smile heading towards the front of the store tidying up.

"Hi welcome! Is there anything I could help you two out with today?" Sydni asked Leia and Logan who were just walking in.

"No thank you, we're just looking around right now." Leia replied holding Logan's hand as they walked through the store.

"Let's go look at the sweatsuits LoLo, maybe let's get some dresses too." Leia spoke as Logan started to drag her near a pink sweatsuit.

Logan was always fascinated with fashion, at 3 years old she could easily pick out her own clothes and match really well. She even picked out the yellow dress with the brown ankle boots she was wearing right now.

"Grandma!" Blue exclaimed jumping out of her seat.

They were both in the back room in Tina's office. She was filing paperwork and making orders for fabric while Blue was trying to keep herself busy.

"What?" Tina asked still looking at her computer.

"I left my phone in the front store!" Blue used her eyes to beg for Tina to help her look for it.

Tina gave a deep sigh, "See this is why your parents shouldn't have gave a seven year old a phone. Come on, let's go get it." Tina and Blue both left out the room.

"Oh my gosh hi!" Leia was the first thing Blue saw once she opened the door from the back room. In classic Blue nature, she ran up to Leia at the sweatsuit section which was about 3 feet away and wrapped her arms around her.

Leia was startled feeling a grasp around her waist that wasn't Logan. Hearing the small voice still made her wonder and in the heat of the moment Leia speedily tried to get who ever off her waist. Someone touching Leia scared her, the only person she allowed to touch her was her sister.

Once she was able to pry the arms off of her, she turned around and faced a familiar face that she couldn't remember she saw before. She was put at ease seeing it was a little girl but still extremely confused she would come and hug her, the confusion being evident on her face.

"Blue!" Tina rushed by Blue's side grabbing her by her shoulder and holding her closer to her, "Why would you do that?"

"Grandma that's my friend!" Blue exclaimed, that's when Leia realized where she knew Blue's face from.

"Friend or not, you can't startle people the way you just did her Blue. Apologize please" Tina reprimanded.

"Oh no! It's alright! That's um, our little game we like to play with each other, we normally see each other at the park so we try to scare each other." Leia reassuring lied, she hasn't seen that little girl since the one day at the park but she'll say anything to get out of the awkward situation she was in.

Tina nodded a little skeptically, "Blue weren't you trying to look for something? That's why we came out here?"

"Oh yeah!" Blue ran out of Tina's arms to go look for her phone. Leia turned back to the sweatsuits as Logan was looking being absolutely oblivious to what was around her. Leia still felt Tina behind her and also felt  the small tension once Blue walked away.

"Are you finding everything okay? Are you looking for any specific?" Tina asked Leia seeing that she was in a section of the store that was definitely not her size.

Leia turned around with a smile, "Um not really, maybe just gonna pick out some of these sweatsuits for her along with some jeans." Leia pointed to Logan who was checking her size on a shirt.

Tina had just noticed the toddler was there,  she was extremely quiet. But Tina was also confused what Leia was doing shopping for a small child alone, "Oh, is this a girl's shopping trip and your Dad is gonna come pay for it all." Tina joked but waiting for Leia's response, hoping she wasn't an extremely young teen mom.

Leia gave a small chuckle, "No this is more of a my little sister breaking her big sister's pockets kind of day." This caused Tina to laugh also, but in relief.

"Well you have a great day, hopefully you find everything alright." Tina smiled at Leia and Leia wished her the same.

———

"So how was your day at the shop with grandma?" Beyoncé asked Blue as she and her mother was sitting across from her.

"Fun! It was a little boring until my friend came!" Blue told Beyoncé excitedly before she ate another forkful of the Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo Carbonara pasta.

"Oh well that's fun, which friend was it that you saw? One of the kids from your school?" Beyoncé asked, she was always really in-tuned with her child's life.

She knew pretty much any fun fact someone could know about a person. She memorized her mannerisms so she could tell her emotion at any time. She cherished how she and her daughter could have extremely open conversations as a mother and daughter. She loved how inquisitive her daughter was and always wanted to learn because she was that way herself.

"Nope. I see her at the park a lot, she's older than me but she's really fun." Blue explained.

"Oh really? What's her name?" Beyoncé inquired.

"Layla, she's really pretty too mommy. You would like her." Blue smiled.

"Yeah Blue definitely likes her. The girl was in the store shopping and as soon as she saw her Blue latched on like a leech. The girl was scared at first because Blue came from behind her." Tina chuckled remembering the situation but Beyoncé's face turned.

"Blue," She called out making her child look up at her from eating her food, "Why would you do that?"

Blue shrugged her shoulders and looked at her mom with a confused face, "All I did was hug her. I didn't sneak and attack her like I did to Michael in my class."

"Well I would hope not especially after we had a long talk about that. But what happened to the discussion about personal space? You invaded your friend's personal space and while doing that you scared her." Beyoncé spoke in a calm voice to make Blue feel less threatened and willing to listen to what she was telling her.

"But I didn't mean to!" Blue defended.

"I'm know you didn't baby. Accidents happen, you made an accident and that's totally alright. But now that you're aware of the mistake you made by accidentally startling your friend, what could've been a better way to greet her?"

Moments like this is where Beyoncé's teaching skills and degree in child development comes in handy. She was able to teach Blue life lessons each and everyday in a rational way, building her critical thinking and social skills.

"Umm, I could've tapped her on the shoulder and announced my presence before hugging her?" She demonstrated on her Grandmother that was sitting right next to her.

"Ehhh, repeat what you said at the end and tell me a little better response than that." Beyoncé encouraged Blue.

Blue was repeating her sentence in her head over and over figuring out a way to make it better, "Oh! I could ask her if I could hug her before I even do it."

Beyoncé smiled and held out her fist, "That's my girl. Nice job baby."

Blue excitedly gave her mom a fist bump and they both waited 2 seconds before 'exploding' their fist created a sound with their mouths. Causing everyone at the table to laugh and giggle at their silliness.

———

Leia POV

"Oh you must have lost yo damn mind. I'm not paying you a damn thing are you fucking crazy?!" I yelled feeling myself getting agitated.

Logan and I had got home 5 mins ago and just because she saw a few bags in my hands she starts pressing me about some rent money. She's been tryna get at me for about 2 months and this is the one time I've gave her attention.

"Who the hell do you think you're talking to?!" Aunty May sat deeper into her stinky ass chair in the living room.

"The fucking lazy ass druggie that's living in my dead mother's house for a got damn check." I yelled at her before turning around to walk away.

I had only walked so far before I felt myself get pushed forward. I turned around and I felt Simone wrap my hands around May's neck.

Her face was panicked as she wrapped her hands around my wrists to pry them away from her neck.

I had finally came to the realization of what was going on once she pushed me off of her.

"Bitch don't you ever! Don't ever put your fucking hands on me again that'll be the last day you have fucking hands." She yelled at me from the bottom of the stairs as I was running up them.

"Fuck Simone!" I started to cried feeling frustrated in myself for letting her take over.

———

Flashback
2012

"Why is it that I had to come from my job and pick you up from school Leia. And you got suspended for a week what the hell is wrong with you?! My damn car is in the shop so I had to walk here and now I gotta walk back! What the hell did you do?!" My mom yelled at me as we were walking down the street from my school.

"It wasn't me." I spoke lowly with my head down, knowing my mom wasn't going to believe me.

"It wasn't you." She exasperated while chuckling, "It wasn't my 3rd grade daughter with anger issues who picked up a chair and threw it at a fucking teacher? Then who the hell was it Leia?!"

"It was Simone! And I don't have fucking anger issues! I heard the doctor, I have a mental illness but you won't say what the fuck it's called!" I yelled back at my mom but I soon felt a force pulling me forward and felt myself get popped on my butt.

"Don't you ever! Ever! In life talk to me the way you just did! You are my child. MY child and I know what you have and what you don't Leia Drew. Now I told you about this Simone character you created in your head. Get rid of it, I don't ever want to hear about it again." My mom roughly let go of my arm and continued walking expecting me to follow, which I did.

I made sure to keep my head down because I saw people outside looking at me and my mom, mostly me. It's so embarrassing how she can yell at me and not feel bad about how I feel. But when I asked why there was white stuff under her nose, while we were at the swap meet, I got hit. This isn't fair.

—————
It's been a while, and yes I agree YALL should yell at me but... something exciting is coming soon🕺🏽!

3/28/22 💗

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

38.6K 702 32
When seven different girls get adopted by bts. What will of there life
339K 12.1K 184
A book of Carter based one shots that include real situations , time jumps where the kids are older , teen jayoncé , drama , happiness , and song ins...
27.7K 1K 37
A Fragile and Depressed girl, abandoned by her own biological family when she was just four years old. She got adopted at the age of seven by a kind...
2.1K 62 24
This story is about 3 characters who all have lived in an orphanage for most of their lives. However, on one day, the 3 of them get the best news the...