๐ŸŒ™๐™Š๐˜พ ๐™๐™€๐™‘๐™„๐™€๐™’๐™Ž๐ŸŒ™

By trxshly

๐‘๐„๐•๐ˆ๐„๐–๐’ : ๐‚๐‹๐Ž๐’๐„๐ƒ So, what is your OC like? Are they realistic and original, or clichรฉ and overpo... More

( 0. ) Intro
( 1. ) Velvis
( 2. ) Azazil
( 3. ) Vanath
( 4. ) Hiroto
( 5. ) Jesse
( 6. ) Darin
( 7. ) Todd
( 8. ) Lael
( 9. ) Aiko
( 10. ) Rhys
( 11. ) Kami
( 12. ) Hosuh
( 13. ) Hunter
( 15. ) Softbriar
( 16. ) Nami
( 17. ) Wakumi
( 18. ) Ambrosia
( 19. ) Crescent
( 20. ) Party Animal
( 21. ) Stormstar
( 22. ) Maemi
( 23. ) Roseanne
( 25. ) Disclaimer

( 14. ) Kaho

65 3 6
By trxshly

WARNINGS ;; slight mentions of homophobia.
NOTE ;; i feel like i'm forgetting some information, so don't hesitate to tell me if i do.

—🌸—

BASIC

Name: Midoriya Kaho (The kanji for Ka(tsu) means "Overcome" while Ho means "Set free" or "Let go"
Very unique and catchy name!

Making a sibling for an important character is cliché, however, you can still make a good character. Just make sure that Kaho has her own story, and not just one similar/the same as Izuku's.
Age: 16 (After the 10 Month time skip)
Gender: Female
Sexuality: Demisexual/Omniromantic
As far as I know, omniromantic people have a preference for a certain gender or genders, while still being attracted to every gender. What is Kaho's preference?

Apart from that, it's very refreshing seeing a character with such diverse sexuality.

HERO INFO

Quirk: Push/pull (or magnet)
Quirk description:
The quirk is a stronger/improved version of Inko's quirk, (which is to make objects that are close, Float towards her.)
Kaho is able to Attract/repel any type of matter at will, only if she made contact with it. The speed of the repelled (or attracted) object depends on Kaho's own speed or strength. Although This kind of quirk is pretty common, Kaho improvised it for herself and made it stronger.
Not the most creative quirk, but because of Kaho's relatives, options are kind of limited so I'll let it pass.

Drawbacks:
Nausea, Headaches, Arm stiffness, Energy drainage (If she is attracting/repelling something bigger than her, the faster she gets exhausted) or if she loses concentration when she is attracting an object, the said object might crash into her.
Good drawbacks!

If you want, you can remove nausea, headaches, and/or arm stiffness, or make them happen more rarely. This is because Kaho's quirk is more of a weaker type (no offense), unless used in smart/creative ways. The other drawbacks, however, fit perfectly!

Hero Name: Zeal
In English, zeal means having a strong passion for something. There has to be a reason behind why Kaho chose this name. Choosing a hero name only because you think it sounds cool is considered a mary sue trait.

PERSONALITY

Personality: She mostly shown to be Outgoing and kind.

Flaws: Can be naive at times, Manipulative, Insensitive, reckless, being overprotective ( usually happens with Izuku), Hardheaded and selfish. She isn't as experienced in close combat like her brother. She prefers to attack in long range most of the time. She tries too hard with her tough exterior, overworks herself, insecure because of her sexuality, She also can't handle Homophobic remarks and slurs that well, She doesn't let Izuku be on his own or take care of himself. She is an insomniac and has a short fuse as well.
Very good mix of flaws! If used correctly, they'll slow down Kaho and create conflicts, but will also give her a few badass moments.

I'd like to know how manipulative Kaho is, however. Though this is considered a bad trait, it has plenty of benefits as well, and can even make a character overpowered if not used properly.
For example, if Kaho is very manipulative, she can make others think she's straight, convince Izuku to do less dangerous things, etc and can avoid conflicts (making the story boring).
Just make sure there's a limit on how manipulative Kaho is.

Also, how is Kaho selfish and insensitive? She easily gets offended over homophobic slurs and seems to care a lot about Izuku (in fact, Kaho is overprotective of him).

However, Kaho needs more positive traits. Flaws are great and all, but Kaho will be remembered more if she has positive sides to her personality.

Here's a list of positive and a few neutral traits:
- Caring
- Supportive
- Ambitious
- Hardworking
- Quiet
- Talkative
- Obedient
- Smart
- Creative
- Funny
- Fun
- Easily satisfied
- Stoic

APPEARANCE

Looks: Kaho had straight green hair that ends at her shoulder, She usually puts it into a ponytail, but changes it overtime to match Her mother's hairstyle. She has green eyes with slightly tan skin and acne scars on her cheeks. She has a muscular build and is of average height.
Realistic and catchy appearance! I haven't seen an anime character with acne scars before, which are very common within teenagers, so Kaho will really stick out because of that.

You can also mention details like Kaho's posture, usual expression, and clothing style to flesh her out a bit more.

BACKSTORY

After discovering that she had a romantic attraction towards all. Word got out when Kaho's closest friend accidentally blurted it out. She was teased and verbally bullied by the kids at her school everyday. Kaho's friends didn't help her at all, only choosing to break their friendship with her.

During one of her attempted escapes from the bullies at her school, she accidentally runs into Edgeshot, who followed her after seeing her Distraught face.

He ended up going to the beach where he spots Kaho desperately searching for something in the ocean. Even though he was paper, he decided to help the girl waving off her concern.

The Item Kaho was searching for was actually a beaded bracelet her mother and little brother (Izuku) made for her, with The colors of the bracelet matching with the Omni flag.

After finding the bracelet, Edgeshot insisted that she could tell him what happened and that she can trust him, Kaho did as told after a lot of convincing from the guy.

Kaho came clean with the fact that she was getting bullied simply because of who she was and that she was scared her family might be brought into it.

Edgeshot became sympathetic for her. But remained calm, masking his Anger. He began to tell Kaho that he accepted her and promised that he was a friend she could trust.

Kaho's heart swelled with sudden joy at his words and further listened to his encouraging statements.

After the two had departed, Kaho comes home to see the worried faces of her mother and brother, Saying that she came home later than usual. Kaho simply told them that she had lost track of time.

Later that night, Kaho fins out that the guy she ran into was a famous hero after accidentally flicking the remote to the news channel where he was featured defeating a villain in a single blow.

Amazed by his speed, Kaho remembers the words he spoke to her and swore to herself that she would become a hero like him.
This is a very wholesome backstory, but has some sad parts as well, making it well balanced.

However, add more details. You mainly mentioned how Kaho decided to become a hero and her struggles with being omni. How did Kaho do in school? How did she meet her friends? How did she unlock her quirk? What are other significant moments in her life? How did these shape her to be the person she is today? This can help you develop Kaho's personality more, and can also make her stand out. We love knowing little things about characters, and it's an easy way to make them realistic.

Since Kaho also wants to become a hero, be careful not to repeat Izuku's story. Make her have different struggles, go through different situations, have different strengths and weaknesses, and add interesting subplots (preferably different from Izuku's). There's a ton of ways to write a story about a girl who wants to become a hero.

OVERALL

Kaho's personality is kind of limited, but it's clear that she cares about her loved ones, can overwork herself in secret, and acts outgoing and kind to those around her. In short, Kaho is quite a friendly and ambitious person.

However, Kaho does have her insecurities. Her main one is being omniromantic. A simple slur or remark can sadden Kaho. 

Kaho's dream is to become a hero like Edgeshot. Why? Well, when Kaho was younger, she fled from her bullies in search of a bracelet. Edgeshot had spotted her, and helped the young girl search. Eventually, Kaho told the hero about her issues with being omni, she gets reassured by Edgeshot.

And this simple action had encouraged Kaho to become a hero, just like her brother.

Overall, Kaho needs a bit of fixing. More positive traits would do good, as well as likes, dislikes, and fears. These not only help flesh out your characters, but can also create conflict. Making characters face their fears is a great way to develop them!

Add more information on Kaho's relationships. How does she treat her family? Who are her friends, rivals, and enemies? Which other people are significant in Kaho's life? Relationships can also create conflicts, help with character development, and flesh out characters. Feel free to throw in some OC's too.

The final piece of advice I'll give you is to not just copy-paste Izuku's story and make Kaho take Izuku's place. As mentioned before, there's plenty of ways to write about someone who wants to become a hero. 

Overall, Kaho could use a bit of fixing. In general, she isn't in bad shape, but is missing some important information that is essential to writing a good character.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

656K 15.7K 100
Evelyn Claire Bennett never thought this would happen to her. Not in a million years. How could something that was meant to be temporary have a las...
297K 8.2K 137
"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†'๐’” ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’๐’š ๐’๐’ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Š๐’‡ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’†๐’š๐’†๐’” ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’…๐’–๐’Ž๐’ƒ ๐’ƒ๐’๐’๐’๐’…๐’†."
87.5K 3.1K 72
I do not own any of the characters. Y/n are a supe. But not a famous one, that didn't work out. Now you are one of the sevens PAs. Maybe, briefly Th...
95.2K 2.4K 35
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...