YOUTUBE//c.s.

By -stilinskii-

Caroline Rivers is new to Massachusetts. As she moved all the way from a small town in Kentucky across the... More

blurp
chapter 2, fml
chapter 3, special
chapter 4, food
chapter 5, spider-man
chapter 6, starbucks
NOT AN UPDATE
chapter 7, instagram
chapter 8, for me
chapter 9, alone
chapter 10, family
chapter 11, sick
chapter 12, youtube
chapter 13, LA
chapter 14, airplane
chapter 15, filming
chapter 16, letter
chapter 17, martini
chapter 18, hotel
chapter 19, dad
chapter 20, ily
chapter 21, work
not an update but you should read
not an update but you should read pt.2
chapter 22, Wesley
Chapter 23, Family Reunion
chapter 24, Wedding Invite
chapter 25, 3 days away
chapter 26, 2 days away
chapter 27, tomorrow
Chapter 28, today

chapter 1, moving

23.8K 306 509
By -stilinskii-

***

packing my things into my suitcase i sighed. i had gotten accepted into the University of Boston and i couldn't wait to get out of this small town. i graduated with only 200 people in my class. and those are from 2 towns combined.

i finished packing and walked out to my car and threw my suitcase inside. i was driving so i didn't have to worry about airplane regulations.

"i can't believe you're leaving me." my mom said as she lit a cigarette and leaned against the doorframe.

i sighed and closed the trunk of my car. i walked past her to grab more things.

"you could stay, ya know?"

"mom there is nothing in this town. i've told you this."

"well sorry that i'm worried for my daughter. moving away and leaving me, for what? i guess i'm just a terrible mother." my mom said raising her voice. i rolled my eyes and walked out to my car with my keys in my hand.

"you know what, you are a bad mother. that's why i'm leaving. i can't believe grandma raised such a manipulative child." i said as i stepped into my car, closed my car door and drove off.

i sighed and rubbed my forehead. i had everything i needed. money, food, water, clothes, and a will to live.

that's more than what other people have, especially the last one.

~~~

i had been driving for about two days obviously stopping at cheap motels along the way. my mom had been blowing up my phone the entire time and i was annoyed. i didn't want to deal with her right now.

i made my way to boston and i made it to my apartment. i parked and jumped out and walked to the front lobby. i smiled at the front desk lady.

"hello, how can i help you?"

"im Caroline Rivers, im here for my keys to my apartment."

"oh, yes! i remember you! let me grab those for you!" she said cheerfully. she walked to the back and grabbed my keys. "welcome to your new home Caroline." she said with a big smile, her pearly white teeth on full display. "and if you need any help carrying your things just holler." she said.

"thank you." i said as i took my keys from her and smiled as i walked up to the elevators and pressed the up button.

i waited about 30 seconds before the doors opened. out stepped a few people leaving the elevator empty as i walked inside and pressed the button for the 8th floor.

i sighed as the elevator began to climb. i waited for a while until it dinged and i walked out once the doors opened. i walked down the hallway and about in the middle is where i stopped. apartment H53.

i put the key in and turned. i pushed open my door and i could see my apartment. i smiled to myself. i had been saving up ever since my freshman year and i was proud of myself for doing it.

i walked inside and closed my door, it was a studio apartment, i was in the kitchen right now, and then there was the living room and then a wall. behind that wall was my bedroom and inside there was a bathroom. i set my things in my living room before walking back outside to grab the rest of my things.

~~~

it had been hours. it was currently 3 am and i had just finished putting my silverware away. the apartment was a mess, but i didn't care. i had all day tomorrow for that. i rubbed my tired eyes and kicked things out of my way as i walked to my bedroom. i flopped down on my bed and closed my eyes.

and soon, i fell asleep.

~~~

i woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. i groaned and picked it up to see it was my best friend from back home. i sighed and declined. i checked the time, 12:34.

i knew i needed to get up, but i didn't want too.

i sighed and pushed myself up and stood up. i rubbed my eyes and walked out of my room and looked at my apartment. things were everywhere, not to mention i had a couch coming today.

oh my god someone kill me.

i walked over to the cabinets and grabbed a granola bar. i walked into my living room and sighed. i sat down and started to get to work. i moved things where i wanted them and out of pictures and decorations. i finished setting things up in my kitchen. i hadn't even started on my bedroom when there was knocking at my door.

i assumed it was the movers but when i opened the door there stood a girl who looked around my age. i furrowed my eyebrows.

"hi!" she said with a smile. "i'm Madi. i live two doors down. i just wanted to say hi and welcome you here." she said confidently.

i smiled back, "thank you. how long have you lived here?" i asked.

"about 2 years. if you need any help getting around the city or need help unpacking you can ask. i would be glad to help." she said and i could see her eyes move to look behind me.

i looked behind me now kind of embarrassed of how much of a mess it was.

"need some help?" she asked.

"i need more than some." i chuckled. she smiled and walked inside. i closed my door and walked up next to her.

"you have a good start." she said. "when do you plan on buying furniture."

"i have people coming in to put my couch together, i'll need to go to ikea or something for bar stools." i said looking at my island counter.

Madi nodded. "i can help with that but for now we need to make sure the movers can set up the couch." she said and we began to clean stuff up.

it took another hour before that was done. and just as we finished there was a knock at my door, the movers.

i opened up my door and let them inside. they set their things down and began to put my couch together. it was nothing fancy by any means. just nice and simple.

i leaned against my counter and sighed. i grabbed my old glass of water and dumped it out before refilling it with fresh water.

"mind if i have a glass?" Madi asked.

"not at all." i said stepping out of her way and she grabbed a glass and filled it up with water.

"how did you know i moved in?"

"the front desk lady, Sam. she always gets excited when new people move in, she sees it as "more people to joke with." Madi said. "i never understood it either." she said as she noticed my facial expression.

i laughed and took another sip of my water. i sighed and put it aside and glanced at the men who were working, they seemed to almost be done. i had a tv and i needed to get a mount for it but i needed to finish setting up my bathroom and my bedroom. and i was in desperate need of a shower.

"once they're done i'm gonna start my bedroom and my bathroom and then if you wouldn't mind we can go to ikea and walmart because i need stools and groceries and a new dresser." i explained.

Madi nodded and just then a man walked up to me holding a piece of paper for me to sign. i signed it and paid them giving them a $20 tip. they thanked me and left. i pushed myself up and walked over to my bedroom. Madi followed me.

"you ready?" she asked.

i sighed. "fuck no."

"same."

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.6K 959 26
𝗗𝗜𝗗 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟 𝗪𝗛𝗢 𝗚𝗢𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗭𝗘𝗡? 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘 𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗢𝗡 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗬 𝗘𝗟𝗦𝗘, �...
492K 6.6K 44
❝chris?❞ ❝ what?❞ ❝sorry for pushing you away❞ (🎀) 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐠𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐧 falls in love with her childhood best friend. what...
23.6K 327 28
idk what im doing so just read to find out :) leila and the triplets have been best friends since birth-she goes through a pretty rough breakup and s...
442K 3.4K 32
You move to Massachusetts and are neighbors with triplets. Soon you fall for one of them