Before They Were Bulletproof...

By Gasai-

Before they were bulletproof they were just youths trying to make their way through to debut. Jia, that's you... More

Introduction// Disclaimer
Intro: Moving into your new place
1. Humble Beginnings
2. Charismatic
3. Library
4. Studio
5. BBQ
6. Night Market Confessions
7. Picnic Writing
8. Karaoke
9. Convini Confessions
10. Can You Rap?
11. Street Dance
12. Snug Nights In
13. Did I Cross The Line?
14. Ice Cream
15: Just A Night Of Dance
16. Don't Judge Me
17. Worries
18. It Hurts My Feelings
19. Lullaby
20. Champagne Call
21. Flustered
22. You'd Be The Sweetest Boyfriend
23. Small World
24. Reflection
25. Chaos
26. It's Done. I'm Done
27. Please, Don't Leave
28. Reluctant
29. Writing Our Own Story
30. Tingles
31. Promise
32. Smutty Christmas Sope
33. Plum Blossoms
34. What are you looking for?
35. Cold
36. Dealer
37. Haze
38. Memories
39. Past Midnight
40. Criminal History
41. The Waltz
42. Reckless
43. 24K Gold
44. No More Dream
45. Countdown
46. Debut
47. Contract
48. Mutually Beneficial
49. Disbelief
50. Coincidence
52. Hide And Seek
53. Sunday's aren't fun days
54. Onigiri
55. Pretty As A Petal
56. Downpour
57. Three's a charm
58. On Repeat
59. Cold Blooded
60. Hands Of Time
61. Living A Lie
62. Leave it to me
63. Doll
64. Perfect
65. War Of The Heart
66. Always With Me
67. Don't forget
Epilogue

51. Orientation

199 17 0
By Gasai-

Friday

When I woke up I was a little disappointed that Jungkook was nowhere to be seen. I was left lying in my big bed all by myself. An unintentional sigh left me as I reached out to the side table to check my phone. I guess it wasn't all bad, at least things between us seemed a little better than before.

As I checked my phone I saw a message from P.D-Nim asking me to come in for orientation at the agency so I got up and ready to head over. It was quite warm today. Luckily I'd decided on a short sweet dress and some low heels. The light fresh floral scent I wore was humbling. As I entered the building I was met by a girl I hadn't seen before.

She introduced herself as Annie, an intern who would show me around the building and get me settled into my new office. The practise rooms were in the basement, which I already knew. Then, she briefly showed me each floor out of the 4 levels. On the ground, there was the reception desk and a few offices and the cafe/lunchroom. The second had some of the recording rooms and the production faculty offices, this was where we bumped into P-Dog for a small moment before moving on.

The third floor was where the big boss was situated along with mostly large rooms which were used for meetings. The fourth seemed to have rooms that they used for vocal lessons as well as for artists and songwriters. The fifth had more office rooms, I gathered that was where managers or social media/PR relations were situated. By the end of the brief tour, Annie took me to a small room on the fourth floor which was now apparently my office. She gave me a list of all the team members emails and contact information along with a copy of a schedule that was for the group I was to be working with, BTS. I'd only just placed the papers down on the desk when I noticed a familiar dimple smile poking into the doorway.

"Joon!" I exclaimed, glad to see him. "I heard you were doing your orientation today so I stopped by to see how it's going." He strolled into the room, which, was a tad bit cramped now that there were three of us. As though noting this Annie slowly inched over to the doorway.

"It's nice to see you Namjoon-Nim." She gave a ninety-degree bow, I was stunned by the level of her formality with him but as she raised her head she looked between the two of us with a light smile. "Oh... Annie. You don't have to be so formal," Joon smiled sheepishly before continuing, "If you want I can take it from here, I'm sure you've got a lot to do right now."

"Oh yes, well if you're sure... Thank you Namjoon-Nim," Annie quickly dipped her head excusing herself, she was gone in the blink of an eye.

"Wow, um. That was..." I felt bewildered at her formality despite Joon asking her to chill, not to mention just how hastily she had rushed off.

"Yeah, I keep telling her to relax on the honorifics but- Oh well." Joon gave a tiny defeated sigh. "Anyway. How're you settling in? Do you have any questions? I'm presuming Annie has already shown you around, right?" Joon began fretting, firing off a million inquiries at once.

"Slow down there," I giggled, going over and patting Joon on the shoulder. "I think everything is going fine! I'm still just trying to figure out how my role here works exactly.." I trailed off in thought.

"Well. It's fairly straightforward, just send any song ideas along with lyrics either to me or directly to the production manager P-Dogg so we can take a look. And, if we need your help with anything somebody will let you know. There should be a conference about the next album coming up shortly with the entire team, you'll get an email about it when they set a time." Joon's explanation was certainly clear and easy to understand. It did all appear to be very straightforward.

"Alright, well, that seems easy enough. Guess for today I'll just work on a few things and send them to P-Dogg before I leave." I glanced back over to the computer on my desk, now moving to take a seat. I was interrupted by an abrupt loud "Woo! Jia!" It was an energy I knew to be uniquely Hobi. He gushed into my office excitedly and flung his arms around me!

"Heeeeey?!" I rub his back before wriggling out of his hold only to see him wearing a super wide grin as he bounced around. "This is like one of the best things that could've happened! Can't wait to compose some dope music with you-" he beamed at me.

I couldn't help but feel the positivity catching as I broke into a smile too.

"Oh shit, I nearly forgot. Here." Hoseok had been holding a little box in his hand this whole time which I hadn't seen. He nudged it in my hand before draping an arm over Joon's shoulders who was just kinda standing there half surprised at the sudden outburst but was just going with it anyways.

"What's this?" I asked as I stared at the neat pink box in my hand. "It's a welcome gift from me and the guys, nothing extraordinary just a little something to congratulate you on your new job." Hobi smirked to Joon who just became timid and glanced at the wall.

"Aw thanks, that's sweet of you all." I carefully loosened the purple ribbon fastened around it and opened the box to see four specialty chocolates. "Ohhh~" I snapping the box shut. "I'll be saving these for later," I chuckled, Joon gave a brief snort of a laugh and Hobi looked delighted that I'd liked my present.

"Uh. We should probably get going or we'll be late for our interview," Joon cut in, Hobi gave a curt nod. "Sorry we couldn't stay longer Jia," Hobi added. "That's okay, thanks for stopping by at all! I know you guys must be busy... Oh, Goodluck with the interview~" I gave a neat enthusiastic fist pump into thin air only to earn a grin from the two.

"Thanks, Jia, hope your first day goes well" Joon enveloped me in a quick hug before letting go. "Cya later baby," Hoseok gave a wink and then they left.

Wow, okay that was a lot. I plopped down into the chair behind the desk and took a moment to relax. After clearing my head I tugged my laptop out of my bag which I'd put down beside the desk earlier. The office already had a computer so I had a look to see what was on it.

It was pretty stock standard but, it did have some handy production and writing software that my laptop didn't which was pretty cool. I transferred a bunch of files from my hard drive and saved them on my new work computer then started to fiddle around with some of the software.

There were a couple of songs that I'd been working on that I felt might have some potential so I got busy with those. Time always flies by when I get sucked into the creative process, I'd almost missed lunch. But, luckily I noticed and was able to grab something before locking myself back away in my office for the afternoon. I had just finished sending P-Dogg an email with the work I'd done today when my phone began ringing. It was Tae.

"Hey Jia, are you still at the agency?" He asked. "Yeah, I heard you had an interview today. How'd it go?" I answered.

"We had a few, most of them were alright. But, there was one with Namjoonie Hyung that didn't go so well..." Tae hesitated at the mention of it. I wondered what had happened but before I could ask he rebounded into his usual self.

"Anyway. I need to go pick you up so we can go to the club tonight. Meet me out the front in five minutes."

"Oh, I'd totally forgotten about that! Okay hold on, I'll be right down." I hastily hung up and glanced around, should I take my laptop and stuff with me or should I just leave it here? I had no clue if there was enough time to drop off my things at home or not. Crap, oh well I'll just bring it with me.

I packed up everything and headed downstairs to the front of the building, it was about 7 pm so the receptionist had gone home for the day and I had to use my keycard to get out seeing as the door was locked.

As I stepped out into the warmth of the early night I saw Tae along with Koh and Yu waiting in a black Sudan that was parked right in front of me. The windows were down and Tae excitedly leaned out the window from the front seat and called me over. Why did I feel like we were going on a summer road trip?

Yu got out from the back and opened the door for me as I walked over. "Hey, long time no see" I greeted him as I slid into the car.

"Yep. Has been a while but, now we're your new security details we'll be seeing you more." Yu often had this playful wit about him, it was enjoyable.

I scooted over and he slid in beside me, Tae had spun in his seat "Ready to go?" He asked.

"I guess, wait so, are we going straight there? I still have my bag and laptop with me not to mention I look terrible-" I began to ramble when Koh interrupted from his spot in the driver's seat. "Stop stressing Jia! It's fine, you can get ready there and as for your bag I'll keep it safe for you, okay?" He sent a cheeky smile my way before we took off. Tae gave a small chuckle from the front seat and Yu had taken it upon himself to reach over and fasten my seatbelt.

"Safety first," he glowed, almost mockingly. "Alright, I'll chill then... Seems like you guys already have everything sorted out." I relaxed back into the seat and watched out the window. "Yeah. Well, you are our responsibility now so stress less. Okay?" Yu leans on the armrest, peering over to me for a moment.

"I know... I'm just still kind of new to this. Feels weird, I mean, are you guys just going to follow me around everywhere now or?" I queried, I didn't mean to come off like a dummy because I genuinely wasn't sure.

"Basically while you're out working at Reira's we'll be right there with you. Apart from that, we'll probably just take turns in ghosting you now and again, just to make sure you're alright. Won't be that much different for you, we're good at our job so we won't bother you in your daily life." Koh spoke as he continued driving, half concentrated on the road ahead.

"Okay.." was all I could say, Tae had been lightly humming to the tune on the radio during the conversation. After another brief moment, we pulled down into an underground car park. Yu opened the door and stood aside.

"We're here. You nervous?" Tae draped an arm over my shoulder as we strode toward the elevator. The beep of the car locking echoes through the grey underground walls accompanied by the footsteps of Koh and Yu following behind us.

"Not really... I'd say I'm more curious to see how Reira operates his club," I replied casually, as we all stepped into the elevator together. The doors closed and Koh pressed for level 2.

"That's right. Jia, you used to work as a hostess before?" Yu already knew the answer to his query, I'd told both of the twins what my old job was when we bartended together.

"Yeah, but, I thought Reira's club only had male hosts so I've been wondering how that works exactly," I explained. The light ding of the elevator cued that we'd arrived. The doors glide open I followed beside Tae as we stepped out into an elegant hallway. The walls were of luxurious dark oak with long velvety green drapes. The floors were of the same coloured Oak but were polished perfectly, our steps as we went echoed lightly. I'd felt like I'd just stepped into a high profile gentleman's club. We didn't get very far until we saw two security guards standing ahead of us but as we walked past them they merely gave a nod in our direction as though they already knew the boys I was with.

As soon as we came to the end of the hallway we stopped and Tae turned to face me. "Alright well, I've got to go and get ready," He pouted, as though not wanting to leave me.

"C'mon, let's get going Jia," Yu lightly steered me in the opposite direction of Tae.

"Will I see you later?" I called back to Tae.

"Yeah, I'll see you at the end of the night. Be a good girl," he hummed in response, flashing me a brazen grin. I was whisked away by my new entourage.

"Are you okay?" Koh inquired from beside me, voice slightly hushed. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just not used to this place. Not to mention it was the first day of my new other job." I matched his tone.

"When you put it that way, it's understandable why you're acting a little on edge," Yu offered from my other side, "The girls in here will help you get ready."

We stopped in front of a door. "I'll stay with you while Koh goes and let Reira know you're here."

I gave a nod, Yu pushed open the door to reveal a dressing room that had two girls waiting in it. They must be the staff.

"I'll be back soon. Have fun." Koh was more refined than his brother and gave off a tsundere vibe. Before I could respond to him he'd already walked off at a brisk pace and Yu had tugged me into the room with him. I greeted the staff members and introduced myself, then we started to get my hair, makeup and dress ready. Yu stood in the corner silently, I'd almost forgotten he was there. The staff put my hair into lengthy divine spirals, makeup was very elegant and the dress they had picked out was also of exquisite taste.

It was a skin-tight white temperament lace. The sleeves ended at the elbows and hug perfectly just below the knee. It caressed all my curves in all the right places, as I looked in the mirror I was amazed at how expensive and graceful I looked. But above all, at how sexy I remained in this dress. Jesus Christ. I'd been so preoccupied in the mirror that I hadn't heard Reira and Koh arrive.

"Well, well. How're you finding the dress?" A velvety voice I knew was Reira asked from close behind me. I promptly turned around to see his sights graze over me. Not in an odd way, but, more as though adoring a fine piece of artwork.

"It's beautiful. Surprisingly comfortable too," I replied.

"Good. So, any questions?" He looked up to me with a delicate smile, waiting intently for my reply.

"Yes, firstly, why is it so quiet up here? Where is everyone?" Was the first thing that had struck me as unusual when I arrived.

"Oh, the main lounge is downstairs. This floor is reserved only for high profile clients, as you can imagine, they like their privacy so only the people that need to be are here. On top of that, there isn't a lounge per se, we use private rooms," Reira clarified, perhaps catching on to the fact that I must've been used to the conventional set-up of things.

"Ohh. I see," I nodded, "Also, who exactly will I be entertaining tonight?"

The staff were now doing some final touches and draping jewellery on me. "Yes, about that. In a business like ours, it's always in our best interest to know a good lawyer. So, that's what you're doing." He had a boyish allure about him but, a devilish one. Not an innocent one. "He's waiting for you as we speak, shall we?" Reira stepped aside gesturing towards the door. The heels I wore clicked against the sleek oak flooring as we made our way down another hallway, Koh and Yu both following behind.

"What about the drink system? You still haven't told me how it works," I began to say, why did I feel so impromptu. From the moment I'd walked in no one had explained much.

"It's fine, Kaede will take care of the orders." As we came upon a wide oak door with velvet emerald drapes beside it there was a handsome guy dressed in an all-black suit poised across from the door.

"It's already been taken care of," The guy I'm presuming was Kaede replied with a sweet smile. His hair was a soft chocolate brown, he seemed like the sweet type but the kind that would still steal your girl if you weren't careful.

"Nice to meet you," I gave a short bow in his direction as it seemed he'd be like a personal bartender and we'd be working together tonight.

"You too, I'm Kaede," he smiled softly. "Jia," I replied. After our short introduction, Reira turned to the door.

"Alright, well, best of luck. Your security will be with you, if you need drinks ask Kaede. As for your new lawyer friend, for privacy purposes his name is Lee. Good luck." Before I had a chance to react Reira opened the door and stepped aside leaving me standing there staring at a middle-aged man in what appeared an expensive suit.

"Hello Lee, my name is Jia. It's nice to meet you." Instinct washed over as I floated into the room and slipped into the space beside him. Yu and Koh followed in, the door gently closing behind us. Lee casually struck up a conversation with me but it was hard to get a read on him.

I poured drinks and lit his cigarettes. Just like that, the night had begun. It was a new feeling, much easier than the loud music and busy club setting. This was more private and intimate, I needed to concentrate on the conversation. All while trying to read social cues. Did he like it when I did that? Or when I said this? What type of girl attracts him?

We got to know each other better as the evening went. However, overall it seemed like he just wanted someone to talk to. He complained about the stress of his job and I took that as my cue to whisper soothing nothings into his ear. It seemed to appease him. Despite that, I was still trying to figure him out. Sweet and innocent was always the default.

A few hours had passed, there was a light haze of smoke in the air, and Koh and Yu's presence had faded into the back of the room. They were so inconspicuous that I didn't even notice they were there.

Finally, the night came to an end. Kaede escorted Lee out, and I was free to return to the dressing room and start changing.

The boys accompanied me back. When I got there I slumped down in the high chair. The staff began to remove my makeup for me.

"He was such a complainer," Yu said, breaking the silence. Koh suppressed a laugh. "I know," I giggled, "but I'll admit, this is a lot easier than it used to be." I felt my body relax for the first time tonight. Maybe I had been wound up too tightly today. Then again, it was always like this when I did things for the 'first' time.

When I was finally back to normal, the boys and I went to the car to wait for Tae. It wasn't long before the elevator doors opened and he jumped into the backseat next to me.

"Ahh. I'm so relieved to see you," Tae wrapped an arm around me and laid his dark rich tresses on my shoulder. The car took off as soon as he'd gotten in. "Me too, it's been a long night" I mumbled, as I gently laid my head against his.

We arrived at our club around midnight, the boys parked in the alleyway, and we entered through the back door. Because it was Friday night, the club was in full swing, and the contrast between the grungy hip hop playing and the high-end establishment I'd just left was striking.

"I'm tired Tae, I'm going to head up to bed." I spoke loudly so he could hear me over the music. He offered a nod and gently guided me by the arm. Out from behind the stage and through the crowd, eventually making it up to the VIP lounge.

I noticed Joon, Jimin, and Jungkook gathered around a table. But I was so tired that all I wanted to do was go to bed. Tae felt the same way, so he didn't stop and continued to gently lead me upstairs by the arm.

The sound of the club had been drowned out by the time we reached the top floor. Tae and I moved on to my room. We took off our shoes. He slipped off his shirt and tumbled onto the sheets. I did the same, falling next to him in an exhausted heap.

"I still need to shower," I mumbled under my breath. "Let's just do it in the morning" Tae let out a raspy whisper. With the little strength he had left, he dragged me closer.

"Okay, In the morning..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 670 33
✔️ "ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ, ᴀᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇ. ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ, ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ." ◇ ᴀʟʟ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇɪ...
8.8K 815 63
The Most Beautiful Moments In Life (Pt. 1) 📖🔞 This is the sequel to - Before They Were Bulletproof. (Prologue) Please read that book first. Altern...
739K 12.6K 100
《 ᴄ ᴏ ɴ ᴛ ᴇ ɴ ᴛ 》 ⇒ You are Y/n. Y/n is the eighth member of BTS. ⇒ In this story, know the challenges, consequences, advantages, and what the result...
9.6K 490 15
*completed* Just when you had everything together and finally had mustered up the courage, you went back to your old home, trying to figure out just...