Little Rainbow

By verinaeliz

In a small sleepy town somewhere in America a little baby girl lay sleeping in a basket on the front porch of... More

C0 A Baby Girl
C1 Iridessa Magnolia Cullen
C2 Diagon Alley
C3 Hogwarts Express
C4 Year1 Part1
C5 Year1 Part2
C6 Year1 Part3
C7 Year1 Part4
C8 Year1 Part5
C9 Year1 Part6
C10 Summer
C11 Year2 Part1
C12 Year2 Part2
C13 Year2 Part3
C15 Year3 Part1
C16 Year3 Part2
C17 Year3 Part 3
C18 Year3 Part4
C19 Year3 Part5
C20 Year3 Part6
C21 Moving To Utensilville
C22 Year4 Part1
C23Year4 Part2
C24 Year4 Part3
C25 Decisions, Decisions
C26 Year5 Part1
C27 Year5 Part2
C28 Year5 Part3
C29 Coming Home Early
C30 TLC and A Little Jealousy
C31 Too Many Questions
C32 Wedding Invitation
C33 Carlisle said No
C34 The Ministry Has Fallen
C35 The Muggle School
C36 A Birthday Party
C37 The Volturi
C38 The Bitch Returns
C39 The Truth About Bella Swan
C40 The Final Move From Forks
C41 Don't Get Into Trouble
C42 War's End And Weddings And Happily Ever After

C14 The Quidditch World Cup

2.7K 92 36
By verinaeliz

" You bought tickets to the Quidditch World Cup ?", Iridessa asked her Daddy , her eyes wide with surprise .

" Yes , I thought it would be good if our family spend some time learning more about the Wizarding World . The Quidditch World Cup is on my list ."

They were standing in the kitchen of their house near a small town in the UK.

Esme had fallen in love with the house and had wanted to stay there for the summer holidays, or what was left of it  .

The town so happens to be Ottery St Catchpole .

Their house wasn't far from the Weasleys' house  so adequately named  The Burrow .

The Weasley twins had come by three times to visit them .

Emmet and they bonded immediately because of how Emmet was all mischief and all that .

Esme just adored them both . They never left without a packet of sweets or something else .

" I don't like Quidditch much , but I would love to see this last match . Ireland and Bulgaria against each other . Ron can't stop talking about it . Did you know that Sirius Black is out of the hospital ?. Harry and he will be staying with the Weasleys  for the last part of the summer ," she rambled on .

" Yes , Molly told Mommy and I . Eat your breakfast , Little Missy ,or you won't be allowed to go hiking to your friend Luna's today ".

She pouted . Her Daddy could really be pushy sometimes . She wasn't hungry at all .

The red wagon had come for a visit and she felt all bloated and gross .

" I'm not going to Luna's today ," she said , eyeing her wholesome breakfast of toast , beacon, tomatoes and eggs .

He frowned , a look of worry appearing on his face .

He reached out to touch her forehead ." You're not warm . Are you feeling sick ?".

" Daddy ...", she whined ," no I'm not feeling sick . You know it's the little red wagon ."

He scrunched up his nose . He knew , but he just wanted to make sure nothing else are wrong .

" Okay then, Little Missy , eat some of your breakfast ,at least . You need your strength ."

" Yes , Daddy ," she mumbled , her eyes on her food .

" Good , just tell me if you feel pain or a little bit bloated . I'll give you something for it ."

She nodded and lifted a fork to her mouth with some egg on it .

Carlisle watched her , a deep ache in his undead heart . His little girl was thirteen .... thirteen . A teenager . He hated that .

Where was the days she'd snuggle in his arms and babble in baby language ?.

Where was the days she smelled like baby powder and clean baby clothes ?.

Those days were long gone .

" Hey ,Dad ," Jasper called from the kitchen door that lead into the backyard .

He looked at his son ,seeing the concern there swimming in his topaz coloured eyes .

" I'm coming ,Jasper ," he said and moved towards the forever nineteen year old .

" We all feel that way ,you know ," Jasper said as he and Carlisle walked into the backyard where Edward was planting some flowers for Esme ," Edward said that you were thinking about our little rainbow growing up ".

Carlisle swallowed and looked at him sadly .
" Yes , I did . She is growing up so fast . One of these days we'll have to give her up to another man when she gets married and start a life of her own."

Jasper shook his head ." Dad , that's far in the future still. Don't go looking for the wild horses on the other side of the mountain just yet . We'll savour the moments we have with her . Anyways , aren't you going to help that old doctor at the hospital today ?".

Carlisle shook his head . " I'd rather stay here ....with our little rainbow after the storm . She gets into trouble too easily ."

Edward barked out a laugh . " You can say that again . She tore her dress yesterday . Alice was positively livid . I thought she was going to explode ".

Jasper smiled at that comment . Alice was  very angry and all because of a dress that she forced Iridessa to wear .

Carlisle clicked his tongue in amusement . He wasn't home then , but this isn't the first time he heard about the dress episode.

Iridessa had grumbled that the dress was too tight around her thighs and had ripped part of it to make it wider , so she and Emmet could play some strange version of Cowboys and Indians . There was no Indians even involved .

Sometimes Iridessa was once again that little lively girl who had too much energy in her little body .

Though, her body was changing . She wore sports bras now .

He bit his lower lip , his heart feeling like it was breaking just thinking about how quickly the years had passed them by .

A wave of calm rushed over him and he smiled at Jasper in thanks .

Jasper smiled back and looked towards the kitchen door where Iridessa now came walking towards them .

She was still a shorty . Even if she ate a lot sometimes .

She walked over to them and wrapped an arm around Carlisle's waist .

" Rose says Mommy's looking for you , Daddy ."

He smiled and patted her back before moving away from her . " I'll go see what Mommy wants . Help Edward in the garden , okay ."

She nodded and moved to Edward's side , her thick caramel blonde  locks tumbling over her shoulders .

" Why was Daddy sad ?", she asked her two brothers .

" It was nothing . He's all good now ," Jasper said kneeling beside her ," come on , let's help Edward . Three pairs of hands makes for  lighter work ."

She scrunched up her nose adorably , but complied . " This garden is going to be the most prettiest of all ," she commented .

Edward hummed in agreement and Jasper only smiled .

The three of them worked diligently on the their mother's garden until lunchtime .
            🍄🏅🏅🍄
" Des , you're here !", Hermione exclaimed excitedly when Iridessa and her family arrived at the camping grounds near the magically temporary erected Quidditch stadium .

Iridessa smiled widely at her friend , rushing in for a hug .

" Yeah , our Portkey left a bit later than expected and Emmet almost threw up on Alice . "

" Hey !", Emmet called out indignantly," you're not supposed to tell anyone !".

Hermione and Iridessa giggled and walked away , leaving her brother to glare playfully at her back .

"Where's Harry and Ron ....and Ginny ?."

" Buying some things from the stalls . I thought I'd wait for you before I go look at anything ."

They hooked arms and walked towards an open  market like setting .

They found Harry and Ron fairly quickly .

" Des , Hello ," Ron greeted , going in for a hug before stepping back and letting Harry hug her too.

Harry smiled lovingly at her , taking in how much she'd grown over the summer .

She was especially more  beautiful than before .

A large cold hand slapped him lightly on the shoulder and he looked up to see Emmet leering at him menacingly .

He gulped and instantly moved away from Iridessa .

Emmet gave a grunt and a nod in approval before taking Iridessa's hand in his , practically dragging her off to where his two brothers were hovering nearby .

" Oh blimey ,Harry , that bloke is scary ," Ron commented , eyeing the big bear of a forever young man.

Harry didn't say anything. His body trembling a little .

It was true . Iridessa had one mean big brother . Well, three if you counted the blonde and bronze haired blokes . Which he did .
Especially the blonde . He looked by far the most menacing of the three .
             🍄🏅🏅🍄
" Sirius Black ," the dark haired grey eyed man introduced himself to Carlisle at the camping grounds  .

" Doctor Carlisle Cullen . How are you now?. Dumbledore said you were going to take a while to recover ."

Sirius looked the blonde topaz eyed  man up and down as if sizing him up ." I'm alright...for the most part . You look like Maristella Cullen . Are you perhaps family of hers ?".

" Maristella?. Was that _"

" Iridessa's mother?. Yes. We dated for a time , but Iridessa isn't my daughter . She's my niece . My  twin brother, Taurus , was her father . He died in the war against Voldemort . Maristella are in St Mungo's . She can never be cured of whatever ailment she has . Sad really . "

Carlisle furrowed his brows ." You're not mad at your brother for getting the girl , are you ?".

Sirius shook his head . " No . Maristella and I never worked out . I'm more into men . One man in particular , but let's not go there . I must thank you for taking care of Iridessa. And no, I'm not going to claim her . She's yours . I have Harry, my godson, and my nephew  Vega Lockwood. Vega's my brother Regulus's only child . He's a year older than Harry . He carries his mother's maiden name , much like Iridessa. Anywho, two teens are enough for me ,thank you very much . I don't know how you do it with more than two. "

Carlisle smiled . " Years of practice and experience ," he answered truthfully.

Sirius only smiled at that . A boy , looking slightly like a younger version of him walked out of a nearby tent .

" Uncle Siri , I'm going to go look for Cedric . I'll be back before the match ."

" Alright , Veg. Just don't go causing any trouble ."

The boy nodded and walked off into the crowds of people .

Sirius shook his head and gave Carlisle a look that clearly stated " See what I mean about teenagers ?".

Carlisle smiled in amusement and made an excuse about getting back to his wife .

Sirius watched him walk away before he turned towards the tent he would be sharing with the Weasleys.
            🍄🏅🏅🍄
To say that the Quidditch match was a great experience , was stating it mildly .

There was so much to see and hear .

To Emmet and his brothers it was amazing .

To Rosalie and Alice ....not so much .

They outmatched the Veela in the beauty department , but some guys were obviously stupid and one was Ronald Weasley , who almost jumped off the stands to get to those creatures .

Esme and Carlisle mostly spoke with Arthur Weasley and Sirius Black .

There was also a Healer in the stands that asked Carlisle all sorts of questions about being a Muggle 'healer'.

It didn't help Carlisle much to correct him with the term of 'Doctor' .

Iridessa sat inbetween her parents , having been forced there by her brothers , who eyed every boy , especially Draco Malfoy , with suspicion .

No boy even dared coming near her .

Iridessa wondered what they would do when she goes back to Hogwarts . It's not like they can come with her .

Hogwarts had way more boys . Not that she cared much about them .  Well  , maybe one or two ....

Ooh Cedric Diggory ...mm... yum .

She shook her head at her own silly teenage hormones and leaned against her Mommy , while they watched the match .

Esme's hand absentmindedly ruffled through her daughter's hair , smiling at her husband ,who gave her a wink causing her to smile wider .

Edward looked at his little sister , wondering just who Cedric Diggory are . He didn't like the thought that his little sister was thinking about this Cedric Diggory as being Yum .

He would have to ask someone , the Weasley twins maybe, about him .

The match finished later with Ireland winning ,but Bulgaria getting the Golden Snitch .

Back at the tents ,Esme made hot chocolate for everyone . She'd invited the Weasleys , Hermione Granger , Sirius Black and his two wards .

They accepted it readily .

Harry Potter and the Weasley boys sang merrily about Victor Krum , the Bulgarian Seeker .

Iridessa and her siblings laughed in amusement along with Ginny Weasley and Hermione Granger .

The boys were really funny with their merrymaking .

Then out of nowhere explosions were heard and the teenagers thought that the Irish were celebrating with a big bang , but Arthur Weasley nipped that notion in the bud .

" It isn't the Irish . We need to leave . Make for the forest . Get everyone to safety . George ,Fred , watch over Ginny ."

Carlisle turned to his children . " Get Iridessa out of here . Little Missy, stay with Edward and Jasper ,okay ?".

Iridessa quickly nodded . " Yes , Daddy. But what about you and Mommy ?".

Carlisle smiled reassuringly. " I'll be helping anyone who needs medical attention . Now go  quickly! ".

Iridessa rushed to Jasper's side . The blonde Empath lifted her into his arms and rushed out of the tent with Edward and his three other siblings hot on his heels .

It was utterly chaos outside the tents . People ran around like chickens without their heads and some of the tents were on fire .

Iridessa clutched tightly onto Jasper , her eyes wide with fear .

Jasper gritted his teeth because all the emotions ..... were simply overwhelming .

He forced himself to stay sane for Iridessa's sake, but he don't think that he could hold on for much longer .

Sooner or later he'd have to pass her to Edward or one of the others .

" Keep going ,Jazz ," Alice encouraged him , her sweet bell like voice giving him enough strength to move onwards.

Then they were in the forest and he set Iridessa down , taking a seat on a large tree root.

" This is ....not so exciting ," Emmet said , struggling for the right words .

Rosalie shot him a look that told him to shut up. He only rolled his eyes at her before moving to sit beside Jasper, who was being fussed over by Alice .

Iridessa stood nearby , hugging Edward ,who ran a soothing hand through her hair .

" I hope Hermione's okay ," she said ," and Ginny ."

Rosalie smiled . " I'm sure they are just fine . You're our first priority . I'm sorry we couldn't stick with your friends ."

Iridessa shrugged . " It's fine . "

A boy suddenly stumbled out of the trees behind them . A boy with honey brown hair and hazel eyes .

" Cedric !", Iridessa called out , rushing to meet him .

Edward looked at the boy , his eyes narrowing .

" So this is Cedric Diggory?. Hmm , doesn't look like much to me ."

" Des, are you alright ?", Cedric asked ," It's chaos out there . They have Muggles hanging in the air . You could see their underwear . It was....it was ...."

" Disgusting ?", Iridessa helped him .

He nodded . " Yes , I suppose so . " He smiled at her .

He looked at her siblings and saw the way the boys glared at him . His smile vanished .

" I should go find my Dad . I'll ... uh ...leave you to it then ".

He walked away and the girls , excluding Iridessa , glared at the boys .

" What ?", Emmet asked acting all innocent as if sugar can't melt in his mouth  .

Rosalie sighed and face palmed . Emmet was really being a child right now .

Edward lifted Iridessa up into his arms and started the trek back to camp . He'd been listening for Carlisle's call that it was safe at camp enough for them to come back  .

The others followed him and Iridessa closely .

In the morning they got an early Portkey to get them safely back home .

This was one experience they won't be forgetting so soon.
              🍄🏅🏅🍄
Hope you liked . Her third year would begin soon .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.9K 1.7K 11
Jazmine Potter goes with a friend of her's to New Orleans to try and find her friends family, but what turns out to be a small trip turns permanent. ...
12.3K 187 20
The Christmas Holidays. Little Lily-Luna is excited to finally be out of muggle school for 2 weeks, and see her family that's normally at Hogwarts. B...
122 31 8
Lunette, a witch's cat, helps her little witch get through school. For ONC 2024, using prompt #84: A witchy tale from the perspective of the familia...
111K 2.6K 56
A little 11 year old girl was extremely shy and didn't fit in. When the Sorting Hat tried to place her, it didn't know which House to put her in. Now...