Kiss Me Knot

By Ravvivare

Wei Ying wakes up one day only to find out that his wife had left him. It hurt him to no end how his wife did... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue

Chapter 3

21 2 0
By Ravvivare

England

A luxurious family car entered a wide gate.

The chauffer then stopped the car in front of the main door of a mansion. Beside it, was a beautiful fountain. The butler named Feng Hui walked down the stairs from where he stood in front of the main entrance. He then walked towards the car and opened it's door. Lan Zu went out from the car followed by his adoptive son and daughter.

" Home sweet home! " Lan Zu said feeling good about himself. " Aren't you glad to be home my dear daughter? " he continued and looked at his daughter, Lan Zhan who decided to walk towards the stairs to go up and enter the main entrance of the mansion, ignoring him.

When Lan Zhan entered, there were a group of maidservants aligned on either side greeting her enthusiastically about her return in the mansion. Lan Zhan still remembered some faces from years before she rebelled and run away from home. Some of them are new to her.

She walked continuously on the red carpeted floor, not in the mood to do or say anything at the moment and went towards the grand staircase polished with great furnishings. She walked upstairs with an elegant stride.

" My, what a beautiful lady the young miss is!"

" I know! She became even more beautiful now, that child. "

" She looked upset though. "

" Is it because she still doesn't want to return home after all these years? "

" Must be! "

The maids whispered to each other until Lan Zu and Lan Xichen entered the house with Feng Hui tailing behind them. They behaved themselves and greeted their masters.

" Is her room already cleaned? " Lan Zu asked Feng Hui without turning his head to look at the butler.

" Yes my lord. I have asked Li Fei to continue keeping the Young miss' room clean even when she run away from home. "

" That's good Feng Hui. Now, is the lunch ready? I'm starving. "

" I'll have it prepared right away my lord. "

~~~~

Inside the room, Lan Zhan stood near to an opened majestic window. She is currently looking outside.

To the night sky...

To the moon...stars....

Then down to where she saw the guards standing on either side of the gate. She then dragged her eyes to look towards the fountain abounding with clear water springing up with life. It springs up beautifully giving you a sense of feeling that you can be filled with something that can fill the emptiness of your heart.

Lan Zhan's heart may be filled with something right now. But that something is hatred, bitterness and unforgiveness towards her father.

As she gazed and looked to the beauty outside, she also remembered the past during her stay in this house. The good memories and the bad. But no matter what, she can't find it in herself to look and linger at the good memories. It feels so far away to her now. The good memories she had with her adoptive father. Those memories....it's just so hard to believe they existed. It's as if it's an illusion or a bad dream.

It's like when Lucifer was still an angel, serving and loving God until he chose to look away from God and became ambitious, wanting himself to be a god on his own. Which is absolutely absurd because, how can a created being like Lucifer become a god when he is a mere creation. A pure intelligence made by God? That absolutely made no sense because God is an uncreated being who existed before the foundation of the world. God created everything. Heaven and earth. The universe and the galaxies. So how can Lucifer make himself an uncreated being, right?

That's what Lan Zhan feels right now. It made no sense to her. How can a good father like Lan Zu made her kill innocent people, betraying her trust like that? And now, he's doing it again. He' s seeing her as if she's some kind of possession or weapon ready to be used by him in order to protect and feel good about himself. Controlling her life like this by marrying her to that Wen Chao.

Lan Zhan's eyes started to sting but she toughened herself. She clenched her fist not wanting to cry over spilled milk.

Knock knock knock.

Lan Zhan unclenched her fist when she heard the knock.

A few seconds, she heard the door open. She remained where she stand, not turning away from looking outside the window.

" Young miss, apologies for the disturbance. " said Feng Hui, the family butler.

" Speak."

" Lord Lan Zu sent a personal assistant to serve you now that you have returned. Her name is Xie Lian. "

Lan Zhan looked up at the night sky not wanting to acknowledge anything.

" I'll be taking my leave Young Miss. "

Then Feng Hui bowed and walked away from the room.

When Feng Hui walked away, silence filled the room. The other person inside which is the personal assistant decided to break the silence.

" Greetings young miss. I am Xie Lian. At your service. " Xie Lian said and bowed slightly. She then rose from her bowing standing up straight.

There was no reply from Lan Zhan.

" Is there anything you want, young miss?" Xie Lian asked, ignoring the fact that she was ignored.

" No. Leave. "

" Are you sure you don't want anything, young miss? A cup of tea? coffee? Maybe.. a listener ? "

That made Lan Zhan turn to look at the maid. Xie Lian is wearing a white women suit and a white pants. On her feet, she wears a white ankle boots. She doesn't look like an ordinary assistant. Her hair is in a tight bun. She has a gentle looking face that can fool anyone but Lan Zhan. She knows that this person is sent to spy on her, incase she is planning on doing something.

" Don't want. Leave. " Lan Zhan said and turned away from her.

But instead of leaving, Lan Zhan felt her walk inside, her steps, making a sound.

" I know what you feel right now. Your father forced you to come back here though you don't want to leave your husband and marry someone else. But for his sake, you chose to leave just so he can be safe. I know that feeling very much. "

'Is she trying to gain my trust? Tough luck. '

Lan Zhan remained silent.

" I only want to be here for you. Your father may have employed me. But my loyalty is to the one I'm assigned to guard to. "

Xie Lian paused for a bit. And then.

" Of course, I wouldn't force you to believe me, young miss. It's understandable since we've only met just now. Forgive me for being impudent.

I'll be taking my leave now. Call me when you need anything. "

With that, she turned on her heels and walked towards the door to leave.

~~~~

" Where's Lan Zhan? Why isn't she up yet? Why is there only two plates prepared in the table? " Lan Zu said as he sat on the chair tucking himself to the rectangular glass table covered with a red mantel to eat breakfast. Lan Xichen is already there when he arrived at the eating area. The table is filled with various dishes and utensils for eating is neatly arranged.

Feng Hui and 3 maidservants are standing at a distance to the side, waiting for any orders from their masters.

" The young miss sent Miss Xie Lian earlier to bring her breakfast to her room, my lord. "

" Tche. Is she still mad at me? " Lan Zu asked murmuring. He then picked a serving spoon to put rice to his plate.

" Just let her be for now father. " Lan Xichen said as he picked a glass of water to drink.

" Tche. That unfilial child. Feng Hui. "

" Yes my lord?"

" Tell her to go to my office later. I will tell her the details about the wedding. "

" Right away sir. "

~~~~

Lan Zhan walked inside her father's office. She saw Lan Zu sitting on his swivel chair, his lower body covered by his office desk. He is reading a newspaper but then he raised his head when he noticed her entrance. He put the newspaper down after folding it properly.

Lan Zhan closed the door behind her and stood in place, not wanting to move away further from the door.

" Sit. " Lan Zu said gesturing her towards the long gray sofa, a good distance away from his desk on the front.

Lan Zhan moved and sat on the sofa not looking at her father. Her face blank.

" I called you here to discuss about the wedding. " Lan Zu said calmly, folding both hands as if in prayer then he put both elbows on his desk like it's a foundation.

Lan Zhan remained silent.

Lan Zu sighed.

" Dear, are you still mad at daddy? Please stop being mad at me okay? I'll be very very sad at this point. " he uttered sounding like a sad dad.

Lan Zhan still didn't utter anything.

" A-Zhan. Believe me. I am doing this for your own good. That Wei Wuxian is not good for you. "

" Wen Chao is?" Lan Zhan replied monotonely.

" Ahem... I know he's..well.. A scum of sorts hahaha. But surely he'll change! Most especially with a woman like you by his side! "

Lan Zhan once again, remained silent.

Lan Zu sighed and walked towards his daughter and sat beside her.

" A-zhan, you do know what our business is all about right? What if Wei Ying knew? Surely, he still doesn't know everything about who you are, correct?

Don't you think, it's better to leave early, while he still doesn't know anything rather than let him get hurt knowing you've killed and that you're a daughter of a mafia boss? "

Lan Zhan gritted her teeth. She knows that alright. She knows that very much.

" Think about it A-zhan. Can you take it when he looks at you with hatred once he learned who you really are and what you've done? "

Lan Zhan bowed her head down.

" See? You can't right? So why don't we just talk about the wedding now hmm? "

" Mn. "

~~~~

That evening, the wind is a bit chilly. The cold air carresses the ones who steps out and stand outdoors. And as you look at the night sky, you can see stars twinkling in delight as if they found something amusing down below.

Lan Zhan paused in her walk around the mansion. She stood beside the fountain facing away from it. Right now, she is wearing a simple white sweaters. Aside from it, she covered herself with a red robe, clutching the sides tightly to her front with both hands, as if it's enough to protect her from anything.

She then raised her head and closed her eyes letting the cold air caress her beautiful face.

The wedding will be 5 days from now. 5 days and she will be married to another man.

' Oh God. Please help me in what I'm going to do. I know that you are a God of justice. Surely you are not happy with these kinds of people who does evil loitering around the world. Help me Lord.

I may have abhorred the day I held a weapon and killed people. But I know now, why I am trained for battle. Why you allowed me to be trained that way. To be built in such a way. It's not so that I can be a weapon for my wretched father. It's for this day. It's so that I can fight to bring justice to the world and save people from cruel people like my father. So help me God and give me strength and courage. '

The wind suddenly blew quite strongly against her face, as if it is indicating something. Lan Zhan smiled a tad feeling hopeful and free. An irony, since she's here, in this place where she didn't want to be.

She stood there for a few moments feeling the winds carress and hearing the sound of crickets in a peaceful night.

Then, Lan Zhan heard the sound of footsteps behind her. She was suddenly on guard but she didn't turn nor did she opened her eyes.

" You put a camera on your fathers office didn't you?"

Lan Zhan's heartbeats fast and she opened her eyes not turning from where she was standing.

The owner of the voice is Xie Lian. Her personal assistant.

" Don't worry. I won't tell on you, young miss. I'll leave you to your peace now. " she said and then turned away to leave.

Lan Zhan turned when she heard Xie Lian's footsteps walking away from her. She wants to call her. But she's afraid. Afraid she'll get betrayed and get hurt and there goes pain. People are never really good at handling pain.

But then again, without pain, there will be no growth. For in pain, you endure. When you endure, you learn to persevere. When you persevere, you are sharpening your character and you will grow. Become stronger and wiser and bolder.

Lan Zhan contemplated. Xie Lian may be his father's accomplice in her mind right now. But what if, she's the one God sent to help her? This is crazy. Yet.

Lan Zhan took a deep breath.

" Why? " she asked when Xie Lian is still near enough to hear her. Xie Lian stopped and turned to look at her.

" *smiles* I told you. You can trust me. "

" But why?"

Xie Lian walked towards her slowly.

" Because I feel you. I know how it feels like to be you. Controlled by someone, being forced to do what you don't want to do. Get betrayed many times. And then being separated by the one you love in order to keep them safe. " She said and paused in her walk standing a distance away from Lan Zhan.

" Mafia parents?"

" Yes. But not biogically. "

There was a pause. And then..

" Did you.. searched me up?" Lan Zhan asked cause Xie Lian just seems to know that much about her. Surely, his adoptive father wouldn't waste his time telling a personal assistant something about her personal matters, right?

" *laughs* you can say that. I'm allowed to be curious aren't I? "

" Father asked you?"

" No. As I said, I was curious about you and decided to do a little research. Lord Lan Zu only commanded me to look after you, lest you ran away again, bringing your husband with you and disappear to the ends of the earth where he can never find you again. *chuckles* "

Lan Zhan turned to look at the fountain not uttering anything.

Xie Lian copied her and looked towards the fountain.

" I heard a bit of your conversation earlier. With your father I mean. Forgive me for eavesdropping. "

Lan Zhan hummed.

" Young miss, may I say something? "

" What is it?"

" Don't worry about what your father told you. Surely, your husband will understand everything and accept you for who you are. "

Lan Zhan shook her head.

" Don't you trust your husband's love for you, young miss?"

Lan Zhan whipped her head to look at Xie Lian.

Ridiculous. Of course she trusts Wei Ying's love!

" *chuckles* I heard you were long time bestfriends before you became lovers and got married. I think that's enough foundation for both of you to accept the good and the bad things you've done. Besides, it was all in the past. And you've regretted not knowing early. It wasn't entirely your fault you did it. "

" Easy for you to say."

" Not really. Just speaking from my experience. "

" Experience?"

" I told you didn't I? I was like you. But thank God He saved me from the slums of darkness in the form of a man *smiles* "

" Man?"

" Yes. 'What matters is you. Not the state you. ' " Xie Lian said turning her head to look at Lan Zhan.

" That's what he told me that made me forgive myself for everything I've done before. And I think, your husband thinks the same for you. What matters is you. Not the state of you, young miss.

Hahah apologies. I'm getting sentimental. "

" It's fine. Lover?"

" Nn. My husband. "

" I see. "

Lan Zhan turned to look at the fountain again.

" Young miss? "

" Mn."

" Not to be boastful but I think you need my help. May you tell me your plans and let me be a helping hand? I would be very glad to assist you. But it's also fine if you can't trust me yet. I will wait. "

There was a pause and then.

" Which side? "

" * chuckles* Which side I am on? I'm here for justice. Like you. You want your father to stop doing evil and send him to jail right? "

Lan Zhan looked at her. She 's not really sure but, maybe she can try.

~~~~

Wei Ying,

I have to go. Forgive me. But I have to do something first. I can't run away forever. It's time to accept my fate.

When I return, I will tell you everything. About who I really am and what I've done. Everything. But for now, I have to say goodbye.

May God be with you. I love you.

Yours,

Lan Zhan

Ps. I trust you. Don't think I don't.

Wei Ying turned his head to look at the clouds through the transparent window of his private jet. He is holding a wine glass, swirling it slowly as he became lost in thought.

'She trusts me? Really? Why is it that I don't feel it at all? You don't trust me Lan Zhan. We've been best of friends for years. Became lovers and then got married. But still, you didn't utter any word pertaining to yourself. About your real identity.

Are you perhaps afraid? Afraid I would hate you once I knew? '

" Earth to Wei Ying"

Wei Ying came out of his reverie and looked to the source of the voice. It was Hua Cheng who is sitting on the comfy seat opposite him.

" Old man! Sorry haha. Do you need me for something? "

" *snorts* nah. Just wanna inform you about something. "

" What is it? "

" She got in. "

" Really! As expected from your partner! Hahaha"

" Of course. "

" I'll check up on her later. Thanks old man! I know it is hard for you seeing that she is in that atmosphere again. "

Hua Cheng waved a hand indicating it was fine.

" It's fine. I'll get used to it. It's part of being an agent anyways. "

Wei Ying smiled and raised the glass to his lips and drank the wine in it. He drank everything until it became empty.

" Wei Ying. "

" Yeah?" Wei Ying replied, putting the glass down on the table between them and filling it with wine again.

" Are you thinking perhaps about why she didn't tell you everything about herself? And that she doesn't trust you?"

Wei Ying looked at him.

" Wow old man! I didn't know you can read minds! Hahaha"

" Nah. Just came from experience. "

" Ah.. Of course! I almost forgot about your love story hahah"

" Tss. Don't worry about it. I'm sure she trusts you enough. She's just worried for your safety since, you also didn't tell her that you're an ex- agent, an excellent one at that. And that you can take care of yourself just fine. "

Wei Ying pouted.

" Are you accusing me old man?"

" No. "

" *smiles* Thanks old man. Your advice helped a lot. " he said raising the glass a bit towards Hua Cheng then drinking it.

~~~~

A blue fancy car arrived at a factory. The driver, parked it at the huge parking lot.

Xie Lian went out of the car and opened the door for Lan Zhan.

Afterwards, they walked and went inside the factory. Lan Zhan's face remained blank as she saw the people inside the place, packing drugs and other substances.

" Be careful. " Lan Zhan told Xie Lian.

" I will. " Xie Lian replied and then walked calmly towards a corner unnoticeable to people.

Lan Zhan walked around until Lan Zu appeared with his guards tailing behind him.

" Lan Zhan! My lovely daughter! I'm glad you came here! Are you suddenly interested in our business? Don't worry! After the wedding, I will assign you to become the boss in our branch in Mexico! But first, come! I'll show you around. " Lan Zu said delighted as he put his arm around his daughters shoulders then led her around the factory. His bodyguards also followed them.

~~~~

Wei Ying and Hua Cheng received a report from Xie Lian about Lan Zhan's plans upon returning to England with her father. Xie Lian is the one they sent to look after Lan Zhan and support her with everything she will do up close. While they are the ones monitoring their moves in a house several blocks away from the Lan Mansion.

" Wei Ying, I say you got a very brave wife. Who knew she would plan something like that. " Hua Cheng said.

Wei Ying looked thoughtful, sitting on the sofa, his face serious. Hua Cheng is sitting beside him as well, a seat apart.

" You seem unsurprised. Already saw it coming?"

" Just got an idea. "

" Figured. "

" I should have put my guard up when she acted that way the night she left me. That way, I would have stopped her from going away. *facepalms* I feel like I lost my touch after resigning for many years haha"

" You haven't lost your touch. It's just that it's hard to put your guard up when it comes to your wife haha"

" Speaking from experience old man?"

" You got me. Yeah "

Wei Ying chuckled and went silent.

" Don't worry, Luo Binghe and Shen Yuan are also watching them. " Hua Cheng said assuring Wei Ying.

" Aren't you afraid old man? Xie Lian is also there you know?"

" Of course I'm afraid. I'm not even good with her going there on her own. But she insisted to come since she's been curious about your wife after we discovered that she's an assassin like Xie Lian before too. So I decided to shut my mouth and just trust Xie Lian. You should trust your wife as well, Wei Ying."

" I trust her! I'm just..I'm afraid she'll.. What if her father finds out and.."

" I understand Wei Ying. But there's nothing you can do aside from remaining strong for her and support her in the shadows. "

Wei Ying sighed.

" You're right. "

~~~~

The Lan family are having dinner at the dining area. Silence filled the atmosphere as they eat. Only soft sounds of utensils for eating are heard in the room.

Feng Hui, Xie Lian and the maidservants stood at a distance, waiting for their masters orders.

A few moments, Lan Zhan put her spoon and fork down then reached for the glass filled with water. She raised it to her lips drank.

" Father. " she uttered after drinking water and putting the glass down.

Lan Zu swallowed his food and looked at Lan Zhan.

" Yes dear? "

" Will go at Wens. "

" Wens? You mean at your future husbands residence?"

" Mn."

" You want to visit? Alright! We'll go tomorrow! Rouhan will be very happy I'm sure! Haha"

" Mn. Excuse me. " she said pushing her chair behind her, making a sound as she stands.

" You done eating?"

" Yes. "

Lan Zu nodded at her then Lan Zhan stepped out and tucked her chair under the table then walked away. Xie Lian following in tow.

When Lan Zhan was out of earshot, Lan Zu looked at Xichen and said,

" I knew your sister is a wise woman Xichen! She made the right choice leaving that scum Wei Wuxian! Hah! Serves him right! " he said then continued to eat.

Lan Xichen merely smiled over clenched teeth as a response.

~~~~

Lan Zhan and Xie Lian entered Lan Zhan's room. Lan Zhan walked towards her desk as Xie Lian closed the door.

When Lan Zhan reached her desk, she sat on the chair and opened her laptop which is laid on the desk. Xie Lian walked towards her and stood behind her. She bent a bit to look at the laptop properly.

Lan Zhan tapped, clicked and typed on it. Moments later, they are watching a video on the screen.

It was a video from the tiny video recorder, Xie Lian put at an unnoticeable corner inside the factory, while Lan Zhan and Lan Zu were walking and speaking towards each other.

" Not enough. "

" You're right. We can only see them packing something, which doesn't say much about the substance. We have to get closer and monitor the whole process up close. "

" Mn. "

" Don't worry, I'll call a friend to send us the device we need. "

" Can be trusted? "

" Yes. We can trust them. I'll call them right now. And we can meet them tomorrow before we go to the Wen residence. "

Lan Zhan nodded but suddenly, she can't take it anymore and rushed to the bathroom.

She went to the sink after closing the door and vomit. She heard Xie Lian knock but she can't respond right now.

She's been dizzy during daytime and then turns to normal again. It went on and off all throughout until they went home. But at dinner she started to feel sick of the smell of the food, wanting to vomit, yet she endured, not wanting to be rude to the servants who cooked it.

Lan Zhan continued to vomit in the bathroom. She feels so bad right now. It feels new to her. Did she eat something and was not aware of it?

When the wave of vomitting ceased, she turned the faucet on to wash her mouth. She then cleaned the sink as well. Afterwards, she turned the faucet off and put both hands on either side of the sink, leaning her weight on it. She felt incredibly weak after vomiting.

What is happening? Is it because of what she ate? But that's what she normally eats! Lan Zhan tried to remember what she ate in the earlier moments. No. It can't be that. Was it the chemicals earlier at the factory? Maybe. But Xie Lian wasn't vomiting. Was it the.... Then a memory flashed in her mind. Lan Zhan raised her head and looked at the mirror in front of her panicking.

'Oh no. No it can't be that. No God! Please no! Not now! Not now!'

Lan Zhan felt dread.

As she panicked internally, Xie Lian opened the door and poked her head inside.

" Apologies young miss. I haven't heard any sound from here for a while now. I thought you fainted or something. "

Lan Zhan turned and looked at her, her face in a panic.

~~~~

Wei Ying and Hua Cheng are currently watching a video at the laptop. Wei Ying is sitting in the swivel chair. Hua Cheng sat beside him on another chair.

" Damn scum that old fart! He really doesn't care about the lives of the youth being destroyed by these substances!"

" He never changed even after we injured him badly years ago. "

" I know right!"

" By the way, Xie Lian called. They need a technical sunglass to monitor and record the whole process up close. She said this video we have here is not enough evidence.

Shen Yuan and Binghe will come here today and get it. They're gonna be the ones to meet with them tomorrow to deliver it. "

" Meet with them? You mean, Xie Lian and Lan Zhan?"

" Yes. "

" Wait! can I go old man? Please! I just really miss my Lan Zhan so much! I haven't seen her in ages!"

" *scoffs* You just saw her 3 days ago Wei Ying."

" But 3 days is still long! "

" No. I also miss Xie Lian but I stopped myself from wanting to see her. Do you want to get caught by your wife?"

" *pouts* Of course not! But old man! You can hear Xie Lian's voice when she calls you! Also in texts! Did you know that my own wife blocked me so that I will never be able to contact her?! Please old man! I'll disguise myself well! Please!!"

Hua Cheng sighed feeling defeated.

~~~~

Xie Lian returned to the mansion after buying what her young miss asked her to buy. She is very careful so that no one will be able to know what she bought and report it to the lord of the house. As she stretched out her hand to open the door of her mistress' room, a voice spoke behind her startling her but she remained calm.

" Good evening. "

Xie Lian whipped her head and turned towards the source of the voice. It was Lan Xichen. She faced him fully and bowed slightly.

" Good evening to you as well young master. " she responded standing straight again. " Is there anything I can help you with?"

" Not much. I just wanna inquire about how my sister is doing the past days. Is she well? "

" Yes sir. "

" I see."

There was a pause and then.

" If you don't mind me asking, may I inquire about what is inside that plastic bag you're carrying? "

Xie Lian contemplated. Is it alright to let him see this? Young Miss strictly told me not to utter any word about this.

" Ms. Xie ?"

Xie Lian looked at the young master. As far as she remembered, Lan Xichen helped her young mistress during her hiding from the time she run away from home. Maybe it's alright to trust him.

" Very well sir, but let us go inside first and inquire of your sister if she wants you to know about it. "

Lan Xichen smiled.

" You're quite loyal to my sister. I'm glad you're the one assigned to be by her side. "

" It's an honor to serve someone like her sir. "

" *smiles wider* Then, shall we?"

" As you wish. "

Xie Lian turned and opened the door. She entered and Lan Xichen followed behind her.

" Young miss, there's someone who wishes to see you. "

Lan Zhan who is sitting on her bed reading, lift up her head and looked towards them.

" Brother." she said and rose to go down from the bed.

" A-Zhan, are you well? I apologize. I haven't visited you since you came back. There's so much to do in the company. "

Lan Zhan walked slowly towards her brother.

" I'm fine. "

" I can see that. But why is it that you seem pale for some reason?"

Lan Zhan's heart beats fast. Her brother can really see something amiss when it comes to her.

" And what is the thing that you asked Miss Xie to buy that seems so confidential?"

" Brother, I.."

" A-Zhan, what is it?"

Lan Zhan sighed.

" Xie Lian. "

" Yes young miss. " Xie Lian said and let the young master see what's inside the plastic bag.

" Pregnancy test?"

" When we returned in the room, she suddenly went to the bathroom to vomit. When I get inside, to check on her, she told me that she might be pregnant since, ahem.. excuse me about this, they forgot to use protection while they were making love with her husband the last time before she left him."

Lan Zhan's ear blushed from what Xie Lian said. Xie Lian also blushed a bit.

" No need to be shy. * chuckles* But why use protection? Don't you two want to have a baby yet, A-zhan? "

" Not ready. Busy. "

" * Chuckles* I see. Go on A-zhan. I will wait here for the results. "

Lan Zhan nodded.

~~~~

It was a beautiful Tuesday morning. The wind feels good and the sun shines down in all it's glory.

As you walk along the streets, you can see several buildings and industries being established. There was a restaurant, a fast food and a cafe.

A woman wearing a green dress and another woman wearing a white dress walked towards the cafe.

The cafe is quite large. The smell of coffee luring and attracting people to get inside to relax and have a taste.

As the two entered the cafe, the cold air embraced them. Cooling themselves from the heat of the sun outside.

" Why am I wearing white again?" asked the "woman" in white as they slowly walked in the cafe.

" Because that's not you're usual color code?"

" But! "

" Let's find a place to sit. "

" Fine! Let's go there! My wife loves to sit in cozy corners! "

" Tss."

They then went to the cozy corner part of the cafe. The table there is enough for four people to fit in. Two people on the side and two people on the opposite side facing each other. The two women sat on the comfy seat side by side.

" Are you sure she won't recognize me ?"

" Positive. "

" But my Lan Zhan's too observant! What if she recognizes me right away? "

" You're wearing a make up, contoured to make your face smaller with extended lashes and a pair of blue contacts. You're wearing a blonde curly wig, a white dress, and a knee-high white boots. And there's no trace of Wei Ying in your appearance right now. Relax Wei Ying. "

" Sigh* you don't know that! She has a knack for these things!"

" Ah.. she's an assasin alright. Well, good luck Wei Ying. "

" I don't need luck! I need grace!"

" *snorts* Then, may God's grace be with you today because they are here. "

" What?!" Wei Ying said and turned his head towards the door of the cafe to check.

Then Wei Ying saw her. He finally saw her again! After many centuries! Finally! And right now, the atmosphere seems to be in slow motion. Lan Zhan walked not very slowly but in Wei Ying's perspective, it did. Xie Lian walking behind her.

Lan Zhan is wearing a dark red turtleneck. A black coat lined with fur on the collar part is drape over her shoulders. Her long straight hair is draped above the coat making her look like a model. She wore a black skinny jeans and a black shiny ankle boots with pointed heels, making her even more taller than she already is. Her hands that is covered with black gloves held a silver purse on her front.

Beside him, Wei Ying heard a snicker. But he ignored it because! Lan Zhan! Is! Wearing! Black and red! BLACK AND RED! That's absolute red alert! Lan Zhan never wore black or red!

" Wei Ying, close your mouth. You're drooling. Haha" said the woman beside Wei Ying in a low voice close to a whisper.

That made Wei Ying shut his slightly parted mouth immediately.

" I'm not salivating! " he said in a whisper shout.

" They're coming closer Wei Ying. Your voice. "

" I know!"

After a few strides, Xie Lian and Lan Zhan arrived at their table. The two who is currently sitting, started to rise from their seats.

" Young miss, this is Shen Yuan. " Xie Lian said gesturing towards the woman wearing a green dress.

Shen Yuan stretched out a hand to shake hands with Lan Zhan. Lan Zhan accepted it and they shook hands.

" And this is Wang Xian. The one who invented the device. "

" Xie Lian! No need to mention it! Hi! I'm Wang Xian! As what she said! " said "Wang Xian" in a high pitched voice. She then stretched out a hand towards Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan frowned a bit but then she smoothed her face again and shook hands with Wang Xian.

Lan Zhan started pulling her hand but Wang Xian has other plans. She raised Lan Zhan's hand to her lips and kissed the back of it.

Xie Lian and Shen Yuan mentally face palmed.

Lan Zhan was confused for a bit about the strange gesture of this "Wang Xian". How can a woman do this gesture towards the same gender? She wants to pull her hand away but for some reason, she can't find it in herself to do it. Which made her even more confused.

" I apologize! You are just absolutely gorgeous I can't help myself." she said suddenly speaking in british english accent.

Then Wang Xian slowly put their joined hands down and loosened her hold. Lan Zhan decided to brushed it off.

" Mn. Pleasure to meet you. I am Lan Wangji." she said.

" It's our pleasure to meet a gorgeous woman like you! " Wang Xian uttered smiling widely.

Lan Zhan didn't know but, she suddenly felt shy after hearing the word for a second time.

" Thank you. "

" No need to thank me! Why don't we order first and then talk? "

The others agreed and ordered their drinks except Lan Zhan.

.........

" Uhmm.. Lan Zh- I mean Lan Wangji! " Wei Ying said immediately when Shen Yuan elbowed him to his side.

Lan Zhan looked at him. Scratch that. She's been looking at him ever since she arrived making Wei Ying wonder if she recognized him.

" Your eyes. " Lan Zhan said before Wei Ying can say anything.

Wei Ying's heart skipped a bit.

" Huh? What about my eyes? " Wei Ying said, making him raise his hand to his face, from where, it was holding his iced coffee drink.

" Pretty. "

Wei Ying felt relieved and he blushed at the compliment. He put his hands back down to take a sip in his drink. Xie Lian and Shen Yuan didn't react but their eyes moved slightly to look at Lan Zhan and Wei Ying. It seems as though the two are in a different world.

" Thanks! I get that a lot! "

" Nose. Lips. Pretty. "

Wei Ying choked slightly. The other girls pretended not to hear anything.

" Uhmm.. Thanks I guess. Hahaha"

" Mn. Want my baby to have a face like yours. "

Wei Ying felt giddy. He knew it! He knew his wife wants to have a baby too! She's just too afraid to fail at being a mother that's why she refused him again and again whenever he asks if they can have a baby.

" Your baby? That's sweet! But don't you want your baby to look like you or the father? "

'I'm the father of the baby alright when she gets pregnant. But, let's not make it suspicious.'

Lan Zhan 's eyes suddenly widened as if in panic. Then her mouth suddenly quiver for unknown reason and suddenly, a tear ran down her cheek. Wei Ying panicked, but he tried to remain calm.

" ah ah.. Why are you crying? Did I say something wrong? Don't worry! If you want your baby to look like me that's fine! I'm fine with it! Just please don't cry Lan Z- Lan Wangji! "

Shen Yuan and Xie Lian turned their heads to look at Lan Zhan.

Strange. Why is my wife being emotional? She is only emotional infront of close friends and me. Mostly in front of me. Why infront of strangers?

" Young miss? "

Lan Zhan shook her head.

" No. I..."

" You? "

" Miss Wei Ying. "

Ah.. Good job Wei Ying for reminding her of the husband she left. But serves her right for leaving me and blocking my number! Wei Ying thought, but his heart went soft at what he heard. He wants to say he feels the same but, he can't. Not now anyways.

" Wei Ying? Who's that? "

" Wei Ying is young miss' husband. "

" You're married?! Alright that's fair but Uhmm...so where is the husband now then? *gasp* Don't tell me, he was a scum and he left you?!"

'Nice acting Wei Ying. '

Lan Zhan shook her head like a child.

" Was me. Left him." She said still crying and Wei Ying wants to wipe those tears so badly!

" Was me. Am a bad wife. "

" Young miss, you're not a bad wife. "

" Apologies. Excuse me. " Lan Zhan said and she stand up and walked fast to go to the rest room.

Wei Ying stands in his sit to go after her but Xie Lian stopped him.

" Wei Ying. Let me tell you something first before you go. "

" What is it? " Wei Ying said in his normal voice.

" She's pregnant."

" What?! She's.... she's pregnant?!" Wei Ying exclaimed and she remembered what Lan Zhan said earlier.

' Want my baby to have a face like yours. '

" Yes. She was sick and dizzy and she vomited so much yesterday. When she went to test it with a pregnancy test, the result was positive. She was vomiting in the morning too. "

" That explains her weird liking to you and being emotional, Wei Ying. I thought I was imagining it, since you told me she was quiet and doesn't talk much to strangers but then she was paying attention to you and you are a complete stranger to her right now. "

" Yeah. " He said feeling out of breath.

" Her emotions are really going haywire seeing that she has to be careful not to let her father know, lest he'll ask Lan Zhan to abort it and there's the plan she needs to accomplish too. She panicked yesterday. Thankfully, her brother came to the room and it brought her comfort. "

Wei Ying sat back down, not quite knowing what to say and what to do. He face palmed then he stands up again.

" I gotta go after her. I have to.. I have to.."

" No. You're emotionally unstable right now Wei Ying. I'm afraid you'll give yourself away. It's better if I will be the one to go and speak to her . "

" But Lan Zhan, she needs me right now Xie Lian! She has to know I don't resent her!"

" I know Wei Ying. But please, trust me on this and calm yourself. I will talk to her. "

" *sigh* alright. Please assure her that she's not a bad wife. Please Xie Lian you have to tell her that!"

" Worry not. I will do that. Calm yourself first. "

Wei Ying nodded at her then Xie Lian stood and walked to go to Lan Zhan.

Shen Yuan patted his back.

" Don't worry Wei Ying. You're not alone. We are here for you. We will look after your wife together. "

Wei Ying smiled though it didn't reach his eyes.

" thanks Shen Yuan. "

Shen Yuan nodded and went to sip her drink. Wei Ying drank his drink and calmed himself.

'What a tough child. Formed in the womb at a difficult time. Just like baby Jesus. '

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 7.8K 22
Daily Updated|Completed Hua Cheng and Xie Lian are a married couple and both living in Paradise manor,while Xie Lian was at the Puqi Shrine he heard...
271K 13.6K 80
Wei Ying felt too suffocated because of Lan Qiren's pressure. He wants Lan Zhan to get married to another to have an heir, same as for Lan Xichen. We...
11.4K 571 12
Hi guys it's my new ff So according to storyline wei ying as usual wake in a new body 16 years after Nightless seige but the twist is he come back a...
2.1M 115K 92
"Why do i have an arranged marriage?! I know! I'm going to run away!" With this, Wei Ying left on his journey to find his destiny, trying to escape f...