Temptation

By imblue891

Xemina Royale thought she was done with Trinity Fox and had left her past behind. The little bit did she know... More

Author's note!!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 - Julian's POV
Meet our Characters
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - Agea's POV
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 - Julian's POV
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - Part 1
Chapter 38 - Part 2
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 - Julian's POV
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 - Julian's POV
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53- Julian's POV
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68- Julian's POV
Chapter 69- Julian's POV
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapted 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Into the Future...

Chapter 70

1.6K 46 33
By imblue891

«Un conseil de la mort.»

«An advice from the death.»

~~~~~

"UNO!" I jumped with my arm waving in the hair. "I won again, haha!"

Dad smiled and put the rest of his card down. He grabbed my legs and fell on the bed. By reflex, I snatched the pillow and started hitting him while laughing infinitely. My small hands kept losing grip of it, and I gasped for air as he tickled me.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed with excitement. Crawling to get away from his fingers as I wouldn't stop laughing. "I- I won!"

"You think you are now genius than me, bug?"

"YES!" I snickered. The sun illuminated my bedroom with joy through the curtains. Energy pumping through my tiny body from the donuts I ate all morning. Dad was concerned I would have a sweet tooth, but who cares? He kept feeding it to me. Life. I was just enjoying life.

He stopped tickling me and sat quietly at the end of my bed. He scoffed and looked at me as I slid next to him with a pillow on my leg. The sun's rays illuminated his angelic face. He looked surreal and so beautiful. He stared at me profoundly and scoffed.

"You grew up a lot, bug. You became a woman. I am proud of you."

"Do you ever listen when I talk to you at night?"

"I do. You know what? You don't need me. You're smart and strong. So much stronger than I could ever be. You don't need me to guide you, bug. You always find the right path."

"Are you sure, dad?" I fidgeted with the pillowcase. "Cause right now, it doesn't feel like it. I am dying."

He huffed.

"No, you're not. It's not your time yet." He gazed and leaned forward with his hand jointed. "I have made many mistakes, and you looked past those mistakes. I let ego and pride set my career and my relationship. I allowed things to happen because I worried about my image and yours. And look what it did to you. It is not fair you are paying for those mistakes, but I count on you to repair them."

He deep breathed.

"You just getting started, Xemina. The world won't offer you gold as I did. You will fight a lot. Your heart will harden, and your innocence will be drained. You will find yourself making decisions that are neither good nor bad. Conflict will be your partner. I am not scared for you, frankly. You're in good hands, and you found yourself a family. The other young lad, his heart already dulled, but for the people he loves. He is ready to protect and strike. That's what makes him a promising leader. Both of you will make marvelous in this hectic world."

"Dad? What are you talking about?" I said with confusion.

He smiled sadly before attacking me with tickles. I gasped in surprise and erupted with laughter. I found a way to break out from the tickles and ran through the hallways.

"Come here!" He yelled as he pursued me.

"Loser! I won." I chuckled and shouted back. My barefoot swallowed the penthouse floors, avoiding the books and figurines scavenging around the living room.

"If I catch you, no more donuts!"

I hid under the kitchen island. My arms folded around my legs, and I giggled quietly. I listened to his steps around the kitchen, and he stopped.

"Where is she hiding now?" He mumbled. I imagined his hands were on his hips as he looked around, confused with the unmatched Hannah Montana socks I forced him to wear. "Xem! Xem? How about you come out, and tonight we have sushi and watch Pretty Little Liars."

He hated Pretty Little Liars. He thought teen dramas were stupid, and everyone was geniuses who could use their heads to make good in the world. Yet, whenever he was home, he would watch those silly dramas with me. It was annoying, yet funny, how he would comment about every little detail.

I didn't say a word. I covered my mouth with my hand to not laugh. His phone suddenly rang.

"Hello?"

I listened carefully to the conversation.

"I thought it was for tomorrow?" "Can it be held for tomorrow?" "Alright... I will be there as soon as possible. Tell him to be patient. I will repay him over the weekend."

He sighed loudly.

"Xem, it is not a game anymore. Come out. I have to leave."

Sadly, those were the words I heard often. And it crushed the heart of a child, no matter the age.

I came out under the island. Once he saw me. He sadly smiled.

"Why are you leaving? We were having fun." I softly spoke.

"I know, sweetheart, but it's work."

"Can it wait? At least, just for tonight." Tears swamped my eyes.

"I'll be back, okay?" He caressed my hair. "Maddie will come by soon. She will take you to lunch, then to the office."

"Last time you said that. You never came back. Dad? Displease." I held his hand and begged him.

"I love you and behave. Don't take off your cap, so no one recognizes you, deal?"

"No, no... no deal, dad. You're going to leave me again. Don't go stay! Please...!"

The wind whooshed around the penthouse; I was alone in the living room. Confused about how he disappeared, I panicked and shouted his name.

"Dad!"

And a snap of a finger, I woke up.

Everything was blurry. I groaned at the light flashed in my sore eyes. The beeping constantly palpating with my heart grew louder. My throat was dry, and my chest was empty. Nothing hurt, but somewhat numb. I couldn't move my limbs. Lurid and heavy vibrations seized my body.

Fuck, did I die?

My head was spiraling; Awful vines crushed my skulls. I soughed. Distant voices echoed in every corner of my head as they became closer and closer. Wait, I knew them. Xavier's... Agea, Maria?

"OY! AGEA! CALL THE DOCTOR. SHE IS WAKING UP!" She screamed. Her volume screeched my ears.

So I wasn't dead, hunh?

Good then...I looked forward to it...

I should close my eyes for a moment; it hurt. I sighed with relief and relaxed my body. I let the darkness settle slowly.

The peace was soon disrupted by the light flashing through my eyelids. I suddenly opened my eyes. Blinded by flash, I groaned and turned my head to the side.

"Okay, Xemina, can you hear me?"

Yes, I could, idiot. Stop screaming. Gosh.

I nodded. He finally turned off that stupid flash, and my view shifted to normal. I scanned the space while my senses settled slowly. It was a big room; it resembled a hotel, one more than a hospital. My pupils traveled from the two nurses working alongside the doctor to the big windows, giving a view of the parking lot and the road. The doctor asked many questions, and honestly, my body responded automatically, not me; I was lost in my mind. They gave me water and changed my bandages. I could wiggle my toes, but I couldn't sit up nor walk yet.

I had a bald spot on the left side of my head. It wasn't terrible, but enough to make me upset. I was wounded on the side of my hips. The knife's blade didn't do any critical damage. The pills weren't compelling enough; It still hurt like a bitch. My forehead was stitched, and my nose was broken. I refused to look at myself in a mirror. I quieted myself because rage was building up little by little from the moment I woke up and realized my circumstance.

I could see my friend after the examinations. First to enter the room were Xavier, Agea, Max, Juan. It seemed I hadn't seen them for decades. Xavier's smiles brightened the room. Agea's smell brought me home. I wouldn't mind if that was the last thing I smelled before dying.

Where's Julian?

I listened to them telling me stories as joyful tears flowed.

"It is so good to see you guys." I managed to whisper and drew a slight smile.

"Oh! Babe! You don't know how scared we were." Agea cried. Juan hugged her. "I thought I was going to lose you, and I would know how to deal with this bullshit without you."

"How long have I been out?"

"Six years-." Max nudged Juan to cut off the joke.

"Only two days."

"Oh." I sighed.

I watched them talk and sob again. My mind was coiled around the room, and my heartbeat was the only melody to my heart.

Where is Julian?

My friends left so the Elveros could be next. It surprised me they flew to Toronto for me; Maria's presence filled the one of a mother. She was sweet and carrying. Amara and Ronald brought me flowers and stuffed animals while Leonel stood protective on my side. His hand stroking my hair gently reminded me of my father.

It was crazy how I was with him a few hours ago, yet I lost him. I shed tears.

"It's so glad to see you kicking, hermana!" Ron winked at me.

"Yeah, cause who else would I argue about Supernatural drama and hair dye with? Don't do that again." Amara added.

I chuckled softly.

"Thank you for being here."

"Oh, Mija." Mariah carefully cupped my face with one hand. Her warmth appeased my body. "Don't thank us."

"We're staying two days until you are healed enough. Are the doctors taking care of you right?" Asked Leonel.

"Yes, they are." I nodded.

"Good, I want the best treatment for you."

"Where is Julian?"

That question sparked a look between Juan and his father. Was there something I wasn't aware of? They weren't being truthful with me. Where was he?

"He hadn't slept, and taken off himself for a while now, so we sent him to the hotel so he could rest and clean up. He knows you're awake. He should be on his way."

"Oh."

Was it too much I expected him to be the first person I saw today? I understood he was also going through a lot, so I didn't sweat it. I had enough company to not feel lonely.

"It's a lot to take right now. You need to rest-." Mariah's words cut as everyone turned their eyes to the door. I was too tired to look. Mariah smiled and squeezed my hand. "We will let you two alone."

He got here fast.

The door closed, and silencing steps came closer to the side of my bed until he came to my view. Gosh, was it possible for someone to look so fucking exhausted yet perfect? He wore a black hoodie and blue sweatpants. His abundant and long black hair was messy. He hadn't shaved in awhile and I must admit his scruffy beard made him hotter. The bags under his eyes snitched on how sleepless his nights have been. He brought flowers. Red and purple roses.

"Hey..." He gently spoke and sat on a chair in front of the bed.

"Between you and me, you look more like shit," I commented.

He snickered and held my hand.

"Yeah, even in a hospital bed, you're still the most captivating girl to exist."

I smiled. "Are these for me?"

"Yes." He put the flowers on the nightstand next to me. "Although there are hundreds more outside for you. I told them to keep your room clean until you agree to have them in here."

"Thank you."

Silence fell as he stared at me. I could see the sorrow behind his eyes. He kissed my hand and pressed his forehead against it.

"I almost lost you..."

"I'm right here."

"I am so sorry..."

"You have nothing to be sorry about." I stopped him.

"I knew something would go wrong and still left you alone."

"Julian, I forced you to go out. It is not on you. I won't let you do that to yourself."

"Mi amor..." He caressed my cheek.

"You know, I can remember that night like it was yesterday. Every word, every punch. It's just in my memory, and I can't forget. I want to, but I can't." The tears rolled on my cheeks and scorched my bruised skin.

"I know, baby. I know it will hurt for a while. You will never forget. But one thing, I can promise you. He will never, ever hurt again."

"Promise?" I cried and held his hand firmly. "Don't go anywhere. Please don't leave me alone again."

"I promise you. I won't go anywhere, baby. I will always be with you. I promise."

~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 799 61
#2 watty16 9/09/2018 #1 triangle 15/09/2018 #4 historical fiction 23/09/18 #12 arrangement 23/12/18* He stood slowly then walked towards her , Josoli...
3.3K 362 66
(completed) #eroticromance #teenromance ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ This story contains sexuality, violence, strong language and other mature themes. ...
752 242 30
****MYSTERY/THRILLER ****Young Adult/Teen Fic..?😅 '''How to survive at R. H. A : ~ Don't judge a book by its cover because nothing is as it see...
2.3K 72 38
"Make me," I said challengingly. He looked at me daringly, and then suddenly smashed his lips against mine, he sucked on my bottom lip making me let...