An Unexpected Engagement

By colacejohansson

Natasha Romanoff has a huge crush on CEO Steve and decides that the company's Christmas party is the perfect... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
+ bonus 📲
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Quarantine Diary of Natasha Romanoff-Rogers
Chapter 80
Capítulo 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Capítulo 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122

Chapter 38

312 24 4
By colacejohansson

Steve

This is not how I intended this story to come out.

That morning I woke up knowing I had a long battle ahead of me to get out of the mess I got myself into.

The first thing I should do was confront the shareholders, bringing them up to date on my situation with Natasha. I had some hope that they would be reasonable and in the end I would be able to keep Natasha in the company and in my life.

Of course he knew it wouldn't be easy; the chances were slim, but I had to try. However, I didn't count on Erin going straight out of the clinic to DBS to fuck up my life.

Yesterday I asked Mark to come to the clinic to inform her that she would be fired and to explain the reasons. I knew firing Erin wouldn't solve all my problems, but I couldn't keep her in the company after her blackmail.

And I believed that she would have no chance of carrying out her threats, as I myself was going to communicate to the shareholders about my engagement to Natasha Romanoff.

Apparently, I was wrong.

And now Brady, Collin and Barbara aren't at all happy about the situation. How can I blame them?

- How did you let this situation happen, Steve? - Collin asks as soon as Natasha leaves the room. - I thought he was a man centered, correct, and not the type that gets involved with employees!

- I don't get involved with employees!

- You just told us you got involved with Natasha Romanoff! - Brady cuts me. - And as I understand it, the situation has turned into chaos! With employees assaulting each other and even hurting themselves in the process. It can't be any good for our company!

- Erin didn't get hurt here! She fell. It was an accident.

-According to this email I just checked, she claims that she went to her parents' house and that Natasha Romanoff pushed her-Barbara says, looking at her tablet.

- Did she send you an email?

- I just saw it, it looks like it was at dawn.

- I asked Mark to fire her yesterday. I couldn't accept being blackmailed.

-None of this would be happening if he hadn't gotten involved with her assistant.

- The fact that I get involved with Natasha has nothing to do with Erin.
And Natasha hasn't pushed her, much less is plotting to take her place in the company. It's all a delusion!

"But this girl presented the project yesterday," Brady says.

- Yes, and I can say that it was she who did everything herself. It's not the first time she's done a better job than Erin.

- It's very easy for you to praise her - Barbara ironically. - You're having sex with her.

- I have no reason to defend your competence other than the fact that it is the truth. You know me... I would never leave my
involvement with Natasha influence my assessment.

- Before I would believe you without even batting an eye - Barbara retorts. - Now... You let me down a lot, Steve.

I stare at the three pairs of eyes on me with displeasure, feeling frustrated with myself.

I suspected that this conversation would not be easy, but it was going to be worse than I imagined. That's why I didn't get involved with employees, I knew I could go to shit.

Now it's too late. I'm involved with Natasha Romanoff up to my neck.

- And how are we going to resolve the situation? - Brady asks.

- I'm sorry for all the trouble Erin caused. I didn't think she would do something like that.

- Yes, she's out of her mind and I think you did well to fire her, but that doesn't solve the main issue, Steve. - Barbara fixes the inquiring gaze on me and I keep it.

I will not back down easily.

I didn't come this far by retreating. And Barbara knows it very well.

Okay, time to negotiate.

- What do you suggest? I ask coldly.

Tension hangs in the air.

"This situation is untenable," Barbara says. - You know we have reasons to keep you away from DBS.

- Resign? - I can't believe what I'm hearing, but I remain impassive.

- You more than anyone know that, in our place, you would have already fired a CEO who should be an example and instead gets involved in a scandal of this proportions.

They are right.

I would have been relentless.

- I see you agree with me - Barbara continues. - You are an excellent professional, Steve. That's why I always defended him. Hence my disappointment at your lack of discernment on this matter. I didn't expect that I would fall into such a trap.

- Trap?

- Sex can be a trap for all of us, you must know.
Men, especially, fall for it all the time. I thought you were different, but I see I was wrong. It's like everyone else when it comes
of an attractive woman.

- What do you mean? I'm not a scoundrel who engages in sex with female employees! My involvement with Natasha is not what you think. We're not just having sex. We're engaged.

- Well, maybe it's even worse.

- Worst?

- Steve, if you told us that you're just having an affair... Maybe we could figure it out, fire the girl and try to get over the gossip if you guaranteed it wouldn't happen again...

- AtThe. They're not going to fire Natasha.

She smiles wryly.

- That's what I mean.

- It's not fair to fire her. She didn't do anything wrong. We didn't do anything wrong! I tried to keep our involvement a secret because I knew the implications if it was discovered.

- And now it's turned into chaos.

- It wasn't her fault.

Baba raises an eyebrow.

- Are you taking all the blame?

- I'm trying to make them understand! I dedicate a lot of work to this company. And you know, that's why they chose me for this job.

"You're right, Steve, we don't want to lose him," Brady says. - If you want to continue, you will have to fire Natasha Romanoff.

- You know the situation is untenable. They tried to keep a low profile and look what happened! - Complete Barbara. - You're trying to soften the damage, but you know I'm right.

- What if I broke up with her? - I question coldly.

- Would you be willing to break up with Natasha to keep her in the company?

- Natasha Romanoff is one of the smartest and most competent people I've met. It's not fair to fire her just because she's involved with me.

-Steve, it's her decision-Barbara finally says. - I want to trust you again and it is said that then things will return to normal...

- You're not giving me a choice!

- On the contrary, we are giving you a lot of options. You can fire Natasha Romanoff. Or you can end it all and try to get things back to normal.
with her around here, since she insists that she is so competent.

- What if I don't want either option?

- If you insist, we'll have to fire them both.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 176K 43
[FIRST BOOK IN THE 'HIS' SERIES] [2017] "Hi." Kyla smiles nervously. "Hi." Cole greets back, just as nervously. The boys and I share a roll of the ey...
344K 11.4K 31
Yuu Sakamoto, just your average high school kid. Well, until he got into an accident and lost his life. But then G0d decided to give him an option to...
94.7K 3.5K 30
[kinda finished but discontinued, you'll get tdbk happy ending but story is not complete :/] The girls of former class 1a never forgot about the time...
3.6K 262 10
Stop crying and laugh (I'm also making this because I have too many memes in my gallery so I can just store them here instead of course.) ...