Never Been too Late to Love

By Its_Jessy_Stories

Jazelle Owen is born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She's filthy rich, but she has only one goal. To save... More

Disclaimer
Character Introduction
My Life Story
Changes
Past Story
Unexpected Help
Deal
Suspicious
Chocolate
Confrontation
I'm doomed!
Teammates cum Friends
Cooking Deal
I'm sorry
Taylor Irwin
Helping him
One step closer
Kiss??
Care
Stay
Sara and Jonas
Hurt
Relationship
Confession
Confrontation
Getting along
Mom's diary
Love
Problem
Betrayal
Anger
Regrets
Guilty
News
Pain
Karaoke
Feelings
Loving You
Being with them
Dad
Family and Friends
Emotions
Sharing
To the present
The happily after
Epilogue

Gift- Dylan is back

128 6 9
By Its_Jessy_Stories

JAZELLE POV

Jonas's birthday is around the corner. I heard his parents invited close friends and family to celebrate his birthday.

''I asked them not to host any parties'', Jonas looked annoyed. ''I'm not a kid anymore''

''Well, you should be grateful to your parents at least celebrating your birthdays... unlike my father who ignored me on my birthdays'', I pointed out.

''We should exchange our place'', he shakes his head.

''Yes, I'm going to come to your birthday and eat a lot of food there'', I grin.

''That's all you think about?'', he raised his brow.

''Of course...'', I shrug.

''No one invited you'', he rolled his eyes.

''Jeez.. So rude. We are housemates. I invited myself'', I smirked.

Thinking about gifts is the hardest thing that happened to me. I didn't know what I should gift him. Finally, I came out with an idea.

Weekend arises.

''You sure you will come alone?'', Jonas asked me.

''Yes, I didn't want to come early, and I hate crowds... Later I will come with T and others'', I assured him.

''Okay... let me know once you arrive'', he said before leaving the house.

In the evening, T and others came to fetch me. But on the way, the car's tire punctured. We took some time to repair it. By the time we arrived at Jonas's house, he had already cut the cake. I saw Sara giving him a present.

Damn, she's taking advantage while I'm gone...

I walked closer to them and stood in between them.

''Don't take it'', I whispered to Jonas. He raised his brow.

''Waah... Sara, you are so considerate'', one middle-aged woman came beside Sara. ''What are you gifted him?'', she asked. ''Jonas, open it'', she urges him.

Since the woman insisted, Jonas unwraps the gift, and I saw a watch. It seems expensive.

''It's a Rolex watch...'', the woman looked amazed.

Rolex? Damn....

''Umm... actually, dad was the one who bought this'', Sara lied. I know dad probably asked her to choose the gift.

''Who are you??'', the woman turned her sight to me.

''Hurmm... I....'',

''Hey, Jonas, happy birthday'', another woman interfered with us.

I was standing at the side while watching over everyone. It feels uncomfortable staying here. I saw almost everyone gifted him expensive gifts but for me....

I gripped the bag in my hand. Jonas's friend Riley talks with Q, Olivia is engaged in a serious conversation with T, whereas B is dancing with A. I feel lonely. Since I felt thirsty, I walked to the buffet side to take the drinks.

''Are you really Jonas's wife?'', seeing aside, I see the same woman I saw talking to Jonas and Sara just a while ago. She was looking at me from top to down. ''Don't you know manners? What kind of dress is that?'', she puts a disgusted face.

''She's the one who deceived our Jonas to marry her'', another woman appeared beside her. I don't know their names, but I know they are twins, Jonas's mother's sisters.

''What are you doing here anyway? To spoil his moment?'', the first woman asked me.

''N...No'', I shake my head. ''I...''

''What is this?'', the second woman grabbed my bag, but I didn't let the bag. She successfully grabbed the bag from me. ''Look, this is a Tupperware'', she laughs.

''Auntie, what are you doing?'', I saw Jonas in front of me.

''Just talking with your so-called wife'', the first woman smirked.

''She's the one who deceived you... how can you invite her here?'', the second woman asked.

''Rina, Lina.. what are you guys talking about?'', Jonas's mom came besides Jonas with Olivia next to her. ''Jazelle dear, I'm really sorry, are you OK?'', she asked me in concern.

I nodded my head. I feel like I'm spoiling his birthday.

''Why are you supporting her? Did you forget what she did to Jonas?'', the second woman scoffed.

''Don't spoil this party'', Jonas's mother warned.

''Yes, auntie... please'', Olivia supported.

''Wait a minute... why are you guys blaming us now?'', the first woman shakes her head disappointedly and accidentally pushes the Tupperware from the second woman's hands.

The cap opened and revealed the clam pasta I made for Jonas. My heart broke into pieces.

''Gosh, what the hell is this? Is this even considered a gift?'', the first woman puts a disgusted face. Both of them were laughing cynically. Jonas's mother was scolding them but my eyes set on the Tupperware.

I was holding my tears, seeing my efforts go useless.

Someone grabbed the box. Looking up, I was shocked seeing Dylan in front of me. Not only me, everyone that knows him shows a shocking reaction.

''What are you trying to do?'', Dylan smirked. ''To impress him with this?'', he suddenly throws the Tupperware somewhere. ''You haven't changed, Jazelle?'', he asked me.

''What are you doing here?'', Jonas suddenly voiced out; looking dissatisfied. 

Dylan shifted his sight to Jonas. ''I'm talking to my idiot sister. Is that wrong?'', he asked. He turns his sight to me back.

''Divorce him. So that he can live happily with the person he loves'', Dylan shrugs. ''I think everyone is expecting you to leave him. So just leave'', he stated. ''You don't deserve him.''

Jonas grabbed Dylan's shift. ''Shut the fuck up'', he said seriously.

''Whoa, man... What is this?'', Dylan chuckles sarcastically. ''Didn't you tell me that you are going to hate my sister forever? Did you forget it? And you said she's the ugliest girl in the world, and you disgusted with her... Remember?'', he smirked.

Did Jonas say those words?

Without saying anything, I ran out of the house. After many years, Dylan came home but only to pick a fight with me. How irony....

Thanks to him, I was able to leave the party anyway.

''Jazelle'', someone called me when I walked in the street. Turning back, I was surprised to see Jonas who ran to me.

''W...what are you doing here?'', I asked him.

''What do you mean? You just left'', he was panting.

''Hurmm...'', we both didn't say for a second.

''I'm sorry'', we said in unison. Jonas and I see each other.

''Why are you asking sorry?'', both of us asked the same thing.

I chuckle. ''Wait, let me talk'', I said. ''I'm sorry for spoiling your birthday'', I apologized.

''You didn't do anything... It's just my relatives...'', he paused.

''Leave it...'', I sighed. ''Anyone would be angry anyway.''

''You are not angry?'', he looked surprised.

''I get used to it. People are blaming me...'', I rolled my eyes. ''But Jonas, I was really furious when they laughed at my cooking'', I said while walking together with him.

''You cooked for me?'', he looked amused.

''I know I know... don't mock me. Everyone gave me expensive gifts. I can't give you that. I'm saving money for my dream house. So I prepared a simple gift'', I sighed. ''I supposed to not bring it with me'', I let another sigh. 

''Do it for me'', he requested.

''Huh.. .what?'', I turned my sight to him.

''Cook for me...'', he smiles. ''I was swamped since afternoon and didn't get a chance to eat except for the cake'', he scoffed.

''Really? Okay, deal... let's go back home!'', I said excitedly. ''But how about your birthday party?'', I asked.

''I'm done there. I left after informing my family. They are fine'', he replied.

''Alright... let's celebrate your birthday in your house then'', I grabbed his arm.

''Our house'', he corrected. I smiled and nodded.

''Our house''

Jonas was sitting on the counter when I made the clam pasta, watching me over.

''So... Dylan is back'', Jonas started.

''Yeah, after so many years, suddenly he appears like a ghost. It's weird, right?'', I asked him back.

''You are not angry with him?'', he asked me

''I get used to it. He always picks a fight with me. So it's not unusual'', I shrugged, although Dylan's words bothered me.

We then changed our topic to Jonas's birthday gifts. He told me that he never used his gifts. Instead, Olivia was the one utilizing it since Jonas was not interested.

Once I made the pasta, I asked Jonas to stay in his room to do a simple decoration. After 15 minutes, I blindfolded Jonas and brought him to the dining table.

''Ok, open it'', I instructed.

He opened the blindfold and looked stunned, seeing around. I decorated the place using the DIY tricks and made it look like a candlelight dinner.

''It's so beautiful'', he looked amazed.

''Thank you'', I smiled happily. ''Take a seat.''

Jonas was eating the pasta and I was eagerly waiting for him to comment on my cooking.

''Damn so nice Jazelle'', he looked amused.

''Thank god'', I let out a relieved sigh. ''I did my homework and made this with my own recipe'', I smiled.

''This is the best among the best clam pasta I ever tasted, trust me'', he said while eating the pasta.

''Glad you like this'', I chuckle seeing his expression. He seems like really enjoying the pasta. 

After had our dinner, Jonas helped me to wash the dishes. We talked about some random topic.

''And this is for you'', I showed an embroidery bracelet with his name on it. ''Happy Birthday Jonas'', I smile as I wear it for him.

''You made this?'', he asked me seeing his wrist.

''Yes, thanks to the DIY video''

''Thank you'', he was gazing with his breathtaking eyes.

''It's cheaper anyway'', I muttered although my heart is pounding faster. 

Damn his eyes....

 ''I go to my room first...Good night'', I stand up from my seat. 

''Good night too'', he replied.

I entered my room with a big smile on my face. ''He likes it... Damn, he likes my gift.. Yaayyy''

****************************

What do you think about Jazelle's brother, Dylan? 

He's so mean with his sister, arent he?

Anyway, Jonas's birthday went well, I think :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 936 33
Book 1 of The Adeline Series Tom Kaulitz X Oc " what's your name, pretty girl? " He asks, a small smirk forming on his face as decides to take a step...
24.9K 693 28
[COMPLETED] When Angeline married Nathan Snyder, it was supposed to give her the perfect life. Her dream was shattered the first time her husband lai...
1.4K 152 20
WARNING! Don't fall in love with the flirt. You're bound to get your heart broken... Growing up, Jasmine Lopez has always been the pretty one. Her st...
3.8K 169 19
Kirsten never has time for love and romance. She spent all of her time studying in college and when she got out into the working world she devoted he...