The Perfect Summer

By AutumnFireflyx

Alison is looking forward to the best summer EVER with her best friend Serena. When Ali and Serena go away fo... More

Chapter 1: Ali and Serena
Chapter 2: It's time to go
Chapter 3: Hitting the road
Chapter 4: Sightseeing?
Chapter 5: Skateboarding
Chapter 6: Unexpected
Chapter 7: Wesley and connor
Chapter 8: Problems
Chapter 9: unresolved diffrences
Chapter 10: The day after
Chapter 11: Unforgivable Lies
Chapter 12: Concert
Chapter 13: Maybe?
Chapter 14: Date night
Chapter 15: Volleyball
Chapter 16: Tell me Lies
Chapter 17: Serena
Chapter 18: No Promises
Chapter 19: Realization
Chapter 20: Lies
Chapter 21: Scars and Memories
Chapter 22: Before I die
Chapter 23: New friends and old enemies
Chapter 24: Hair
Chapter 25: wait, what?
Chapter 26: Remember
Chapter 28: The Perfect Summer Plan
Chapter 29: Another Day
Chapter 30: Romeo's
Chapter 31: The Bonfire
Chapter 32: End Of The Road
Chapter 33: You Must Have Me Confused
Chapter 34: Happy Never After
Chapter 35: A reason?
Chapter 36: Bye Bye
Chapter 37: Hot
Chapter 38: I want easy
Chapter 39: Nerves and endings
Chapter 40: The Best Day
Chapter 41: True Love
Chapter 42: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 43: "It was a good summer" - Perfect Stranger.
Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE: PLEASE READ

Chapter 27: Where the cool kids hang out

4.1K 74 10
By AutumnFireflyx

I haven't read through this, so there's probably a million mistakes so sorry about that, but i really wanted to upload :)

 "Are you okay?" I asked coming down the stairs for breakfast. After having told Serena about Wesley she had rushed out of the door without even a glance back.

"Yeah, I'm fine," She said quietly, cupping the owl mug with both her hands.

"Are you angry with me?" I asked quietly.

"No, I'm not angry at you," She said sighing.

"So um where did you go yesterday?" I asked cautiously.

"To break up with Wesley," She replied, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Look, Im sure Wesley-" I started.

"No, I don't like cheats, don't worry about me. I'm fine," Serena insisted. I went into the cupboard to find myself some breakfast, settling on cereal.

"Wanna hang out at the beach today?" Serena asked amongst the silence.

"Ur...sure," I replied swallowing my cornflakes. I was already wearing a t-shirt with the British flag on it and some black leggings so I headed out of the door after washing up. 

I went to the second hand book shop. "Hey Elizabeth," I said noticing her at the far corner of the shop.

"Hey Alison, lets get out of here," She said grabbing her brown bag and heading towards the door. I turned on my heel and walked out again, following her.

We bought two slush's from a small store. I got the blue one and Elizabeth got the pink one. "So, I heard you do skateboarding," Elizabeth said out of the blue.

"Yeah, I used to skateboard. I don't really do it much anymore though," I replied.

"Well, Leo said you're really good, plus I saw you that day," She said.

"Ur, yeah," I said scratching the top of my head.

"I skate too, wanna go to the rink?" She asked me after a moment on silence.

"The rink?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah, its just a few miles up north, a lot of people hang out there too," She said slowly.

"Cool, lets go," I said shrugging, its not we had anything else to do and it sounded fun.

We walked for a while, talking and laughing when I saw a huge park, and a rink with skateboarders and another area filled with bike tricksters on different kinds of rinks.

"Whoa! This place is-" I stared in awe.

"Spectacular," Elizabeth finished for me. I nodded my head.We crossed the road and made out way to the skateboarders. There were some people in group doing tricks with each other. There were some who were just on there own and then there was a group four people that Elizabeth made her way to. I recognized Caleb and Noah but hadn't  seen the other two.

"This is Kyle and Max," Elizabeth introduced us. I smiled at them and said 'hi' before going back to sipping my drink.

"Hey babe," Noah said to Elizabeth hugging her side ways sitting on the edge of the slope watching people go up and down.

I restrained myself from chocking on the straw. They were going out? Elizabeth smirked at me when I caught her eye.

"Alison's a really good skater," Elizabeth said suddenly.

"Yeah, I know," Caleb replied.

"Really? You have to show us," Noah piped up.

"No really, I haven't really skateboarded in years," I insisted.

"C'mon Max will show you," Elizabeth said looking at Max who nodded. He got on his skateboard and started slow and picked up his pace.

He did a few tricks, which really impressed me. After he was finished I told him how good he was.

"I'll go next," Elizabeth said handing her drink to Noah, who drank a bit of it. My eyes went wide, I mean I knew that Elizabeth was going to be good...but not that good. I was rubbish compared to her and in that moment I knew that whatever Serena thought about Elizabeth, she couldn't be more wrong!

"Your turn," Elizabeth said handing me the graffiti filled skateboard. I got up nervously passing my drink to her. I started off slow then started doing a few tricks, I then finished with a half flip.

Everyone looked pretty shocked. I smiled nervously before handing the skateboard to Noah. "Whoa! You really do have skill," I heard an all too familiar voice behind me.

I gave him a one sided smiled. "Thanks," I said quietly.

"maybe you could teach me sometime," He said getting closer.

"Yeah," I said quietly, trying to get this conversation over with even though I would never teach him.

"By the way, I like your hair, but its better natural," He replied.

I sat back down next to Elizabeth and Max. "Hey babe, I saw that, pretty hot," Connor jogged up to us, winking before coming to us and sitting next to me kissing my cheek. I smiled shyly. I wasn't really not public displays. "Leo, why don't you have a go," I said gesturing to the rink.

"Sure," He said, I stared in awe. What was he talking about?  He was way better than me! We were all talking and having fun when it had started to get dark. 

I looked over and the bike tricksters were still there, in fact the group had got bigger and they were amazing!

"C'mon Ali, lets go watch there show," She said jumping off the rink. I followed them all, and made my way to the bikers. I held onto Connor's hand but he let go.

I frowned looking over at him. He kissed me on the cheek, "I have to join that show," He said before jogging off. I was still confused and then I saw him, he actually did tricks on a bike. I stared at him, he was flipping in the air and doing other cool moves, "Wow! that was so impressive," I said when he told me what I thought of it. We must of spent a good few hours watching them, they were so good, it was amazing to watch.

"I'm tired, I have to go, me and Serena are gonna hang out," I said to Elizabeth before making my way back through the crowd to leave.

"Hang on I'll come with you," Elizabeth shouted after me. I turned around.

"You don't have to, I'm fine I swear," I replied feeling bad.

"No its okay, I have some work to do anyway," She replied. "So you and Connor," She started.

I looked at her sideways. "So you and Noah, huh?" I mimicked her.

"So you and Leo, huh?" She replied back.

I frowned. "Me and Leo?" I asked carefully.

"Yeah, don't you like him?" She asked.

"No," I replied a little too quickly. "Why?" I asked.

"No reason," She said shrugging. "I just thought from the the looks you two were giving each-" She started.

"I don't like him," I cut in. "and I'm going out with Connor," I said clearly. We stayed in silence for a few moments before I thought I would ask her about Noah.

"So you and Noah?" I nudged her lightly. She laughed.

"Yeah, me and Noah," She said quietly. "I love him," She said suddenly. I smiled at her and she smile back. "We've been going out for three years," She said quietly.

I smiled back but I couldn't help feeling a little bit jealous. "That is so amazing," I said really genuinely happy for her.

"Yeah It is," She replied. "Do you love Connor?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I do," I replied and it was true, I did love Connor.

"So listen, Sunday a bunch of us are going to the beach. Near the end of every summer we have a bonfire all the teen kids, we have it a little early since some of the people are going off to college early, anyway I was hoping you would come? and you can obviously bring Serena along,"  Elizabeth asked.

"Yeah, Of course i'll go," I said smiling, after everything that had happened I couldn't believe that the summer was nearly over.

"Okay, bye," She said hugging me before going inside. I continued to walk to Serena's house, Elizabeth was a good friend and Noah and her made a cute couple!

"Hey Serena," I shouted when I walked through the door, dropping the keys on the table. "Serena?" I shouted again when I heard no reply.

I turned around when I heard the door close. "Just went out for snacks and," She stopped for a seconds before saying "movies," I smiled at her. We had this tradition that we would watch old classics every month and we really enjoyed it, we also spent a lot of the time eating and gossiping.

"So were going to a beach bonfire this Sunday," I said to her while we got comfortable with our blankets.

"Yeah I know Leo told me," She replied.

"Oh! You talk to Leo?" I asked confused.

 "Not really," She replied shrugging. I frowned slightly, confused.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 31.8K 31
Zack: heartthrob of Miami with an amazing body and an impressive bank account; but he can't flirt. Ella: Beautiful, wanted, incredibly flirty... And...
4.3K 132 37
Last year, Emma Richardson had it all. The perfect family, friends, popularity, looks, and even the perfect boyfriend...or so she thought. In just on...
393K 16.2K 44
Alexandra Hale is the perfect, lovable girl-next-door who has a hatred for thumping music and a soft spot for her hyperactive friend. Parker Wesley...
2.6K 232 42
Mora has only ever focused on one thing. Her brother and their two best friends. Not a care in the world, except what kind of toppings they would eat...