Never Been too Late to Love

By Its_Jessy_Stories

Jazelle Owen is born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She's filthy rich, but she has only one goal. To save... More

Disclaimer
Character Introduction
My Life Story
Changes
Past Story
Unexpected Help
Deal
Suspicious
Chocolate
Confrontation
I'm doomed!
Cooking Deal
I'm sorry
Taylor Irwin
Helping him
One step closer
Kiss??
Care
Stay
Gift- Dylan is back
Sara and Jonas
Hurt
Relationship
Confession
Confrontation
Getting along
Mom's diary
Love
Problem
Betrayal
Anger
Regrets
Guilty
News
Pain
Karaoke
Feelings
Loving You
Being with them
Dad
Family and Friends
Emotions
Sharing
To the present
The happily after
Epilogue

Teammates cum Friends

60 6 7
By Its_Jessy_Stories

NO POV

After taking a bath, Jonas walked to the kitchen to drink water. He remembers Jazelle's words when she said she would pay for the rental.

He walks to Jazelle's room. After thinking twice, he grabbed the knob, opened the door, and found her sleeping on the bed. She was still in the same outfit. Grabbing the blanket, he covers her body. Upon walking out of her room, Jonas dialed Riley's number.

''What happened?'', Jonas asked.

''I don't think both of them will come back'', Riley replied.

''Send me their whereabouts'', Jonas instructed.

''I'll help'', Olivia, who overheard Jonas's conversation, talked. She came to meet her brother at his house. Since she had access, she entered his house.

Both of them left the house. 

On the other side, Aidan was drinking alone on his house porch. Taylor sat next to him.

''Why are you here?'', Aidan raised his brow.

''I don't care about you. At all'', Taylor replied. ''But you were really rude with her!'', he said seriously. Aidan didn't say anything but gulped down his beer.

''She didn't need me. I'm just the office boy anyway'', Aidan smirked.

''Then you should do your job correctly instead of running away from your problem!'', Jonas, who was watching them, talked. Both of them turned their sight to Jonas. 

''If you want to resign, resign once you pay off the debt successfully! Resign with a proper letter'', Jonas stated. ''But you were right; she's an idiot. For trusting people like you'', he smirked. Aidan's expression changed.

''Even though you had a criminal record, she still hires you. Yes, she's an idiot for seeing something in you when others disregard you. She's an idiot for trusting you who easily gave up once you face a problem'', he shakes his head disappointedly. ''I don't know, but she sees something in you, but for me, you are a coward'', he pointed out.

''You guys are responsible for everything. Then take responsibility for what happened!'', saying that, Jonas walks out from them.

''Is he really boss's husband?'', Aidan chuckles. ''I never knew she's married, though'', he smiles. Taylor shrugs. Aidan lets a heavy sigh. ''Okay then, I need to prove to everyone that our boss is not an idiot'', he chirped. ''And I need to apologize to her first'', he looked sad.

Taylor smiles.

On the other side, B, aka Bethany, is at her apartment when Olivia meets her. B invited Olivia inside. Q is already inside B's house.

''My house is small'', B mentioned.

''You are going to resign?'', Olivia asked. B didn't say anything. ''Jazelle and I studied together, but we didn't get along well. I always thought she was arrogant, selfish, and heartless.... But I was wrong'', she sighed. ''Even though I don't know anything about her, I realized that she was lonely all alone. She cares for your guys.... Or maybe she thinks that you are her friends though, she won't admit it easily'', she smiles.

''F...family...'', Q talked slower. ''W...we are her family, for boss'', she said sadly.

''Q....'', B looked emotional.

''Mistakes happened! We need to find a solution for it. She needs you guys to support her during this crisis. So, I hope you won't resign and bring her down. Help her prove to her father that she's not useless...'', Olivia requested.

''Thank you'', B was holding her tears. 

JAZELLE POV

I tip-toed like a mouse to leave Jonas's house in the morning. Being a good girl, I made breakfast for him for letting me stay here yesterday.

''Slow Slow'', just when I was about to grab the knob, someone opened the door, which startled me. Someone was standing right in front of me. Lifting my head, I see Jonas, who is giving me a weird look.

''I'm not stealing anything, for your information'', standing up properly, I crossed my arms under my chest. ''I made you breakfast to let me stay here.... I'm leaving'', I walked forward but he closed the door right at my face, which widened my eyes.

''Are you trying to kill me?'', I asked him shockingly.

''Did you forget we are working together right now?'', he strolled to the kitchen, opening the fridge, taking a water bottle, and chunking down the water.

Damn, he looks so hot... my heart screams....

Stupid, snap it out!!

''What? Are you kidding me? Since when I hired you?'', I asked him annoyingly.

Jonas shrugs as he passes through the dining table but stops like he spotted something.

''You made this?'', he pointed out the cheesy bacon breakfast burrito I made for him.

''Umm.... Yes...'', I nodded hesitantly. He sat at the side of the table as he took one burrito. ''Seat properly. You will make the Food Goddess angry at you for not respecting the food'', I voiced out.

''And who told you that?'', he raised his brow.

''My mom told me and she knows better'', I pouted. He's asking many questions, though. Unexpectedly, he sat down and took a bite from the burrito.

''Are you sure you made this on your own?'', he asked me.

''Why? Not nice?'', I sighed. ''I followed the YouTube video. I should have looked for another video.''

''It's delicious'', he stated.

''Fine, Fine, I will...'', I stopped as I looked back at him. ''W...what did you say?''

''I said it's good'', he shrugs.

''Oh My God, seriously? This is the first time I cooked, and it comes out nicely'', I jumped happily.

Surprisingly, he finished the burritos. I'm glad he liked the breakfast though. 

I'd been fidgeting my fingers on my lap while Jonas was driving calmly. I feel the pressure here.

What if A and B don't come? What if they resigned?

Taking out my favorite chocolate, I started eating it to calm down my mind. The door was closed when we reached my office room. It was really quiet.

No one comes... yet...

Usually, they will be the ones who arrive early. Jonas opened the door, and I was stunned seeing the clean and neat office like it used to be.

''Surprise!'', heard the cheering voices. I see A bursting the party cracker while smiling at me. ''Welcome, Boss'', B winked. Q and T are at their sides.

I couldn't help but get emotional seeing them together. My heart feels at ease. Smiles formed on my lips but also, my happy tears were dropping from my eyes.

''Aww... boss is kind'', A said in a lovely tone.

Quickly I wipe my tears. ''I'm not crying for you guys. These are my happy tears since I will get my money back. You guys better work your ass off!'', I told them firmly.

''Aye Aye boss'', they smiled.

Everyone is gathered around to discuss the current problem.

''What's the damage?'', Jonas asked before I spoke.

Damn this guy, act like a boss...

''Due to the damage, we lost 3 PCs out of 4. We could only save one PC. We need to buy a printer as well....'', Taylor explained the damages. Q shows on her board the estimated amount required to buy those things.

''At least fifteen thousand dollars'', B sighed. ''Where should we look for that amount?''

After thinking about something, I get an idea.

''I can arrange for the money'', I told them.

''How?'', B asked.

''I have my way'', I smile proudly.

''Boss is smiling evilly'', A fakes a scared look.

''What are your current projects that you need to settle?'', Jonas asked.

''Our current project is with Miss Vinson'', T replied.

''Ok... we don't have much time. Try to complete by this week'', Jonas instructed. ''To attract clients, we need to promote this department to everyone'', he added.

''Why must we need to promote? Usually, they will come themselves'', I shrug.

''As I said, we don't have much time. We need to take as many projects as we can so that we can earn the same amount you guys lose!'', he said in a sharp tone.

''Huh... how much is it?'', I looked puzzled. Everyone's eyes are on me.

''Boss, don't you remember that we lost five hundred thousand yesterday'', B's words choked me.

''WHAT?'', my eyes widened. ''How could you guys be so careless? Oh my God, how to pay him back such an amount?'', I panicked.

''Didn't you say you are the one who asked them to withdraw the money?'', Jonas raised his brow.

I cleared my throat. ''Of course, I remember! What did you think about me?'', I tried to cover my expression, but I was screaming inside thinking about the money.

After the discussion, I asked Olivia to meet me at the cafe I used to go to.

''Ask your friend to bring my things here'', I told her.

''That's why you asked me to come here?'', she rolled her eyes. ''Do I look like your servant?'', she asked me.

''I don't have her number!'', I crossed my arms.

She shakes her head. ''At least ask nicely'', she muttered as she took out her phone. I told her that I had one box in my closet and asked her to inform Sara to bring that box.

''You should be grateful that my brother is helping you'', Olivia smirked.

''Huh? I don't need his help. I can manage myself'', I smile sarcastically.

''Yeah, right'', she puts on a disgusting face. ''He is doing multi-tasking. Working at your company and our company at the same time'', she turned her sight to me. ''For your information.''

''For your information, I didn't ask him to work under my company. He just wants to take revenge on me'', I growled.

''Revenge? Seriously?'', Olivia tsked.

Sara came shortly. I grabbed the box from her hand and checked on the things. There is an envelope, and I saw money in it.

''What is this?'', I asked Sara, showing the envelope.

''I want to help you too... Use this money for...'', before she says something, I throw the money at her.

''What the hell are you doing?'', Olivia looked angry. ''She was just being nice to you and you...''

''Stop interfering in my life'', ignoring Olivia's words, I said directly to Sara. ''Fuck off! ', saying that, I turn back to walk but stop when I see Jonas in front of me, staring at me with a stern look. Ignoring him, I stepped forward.

*****************

I guess Jazelle really hates Sara... 

Well, let's see if she can accept Sara.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
248 37 17
I ran downstairs and opened the door. I looked around but didn't see anyone. I stood watching the light rain falling when I heard a quiet sound on th...
2.5K 132 43
WARNING!!! MATURE CONTENT. READER BEWARE!!! Thank you for reading and supporting my first works. Just thought of sharing this with the world. Cheers...
327 11 10
Evie was a wild child. She was at (almost) every party, did every dare, and lived the way she wanted to. All so she could pour it into writing. She w...