In The Garden |β™‘οΈŽβ™₯︎ [Kita Shi...

By RIC3WIFEYY

β™‘Β» For the past few months, gifts were appearing on your desk. These gifts often come with letters of admirat... More

1β™‘Β»- Morning rush
2β™‘Β»-Assistant
3β™‘Β»- Question
4β™‘Β»-Discovery
5β™‘Β»-Kita's home
6β™‘Β»-Class teasing
7β™‘Β»- Being honest
8β™‘Β»- Are you his Girlfriend
9β™‘Β»- Baking with Kita
10β™‘Β»-School festival
11β™‘Β»-Wedding booth
12β™‘Β»- The future
13β™‘Β»- A confession
14β™‘Β»- Bitterness
15β™‘Β»- Confrontation
16β™‘Β»- Boba
17β™‘Β»- strawberry kiss
18β™‘Β»- May I
19β™‘Β»- A date!!
20β™‘Β»- Wish
21β™‘Β»- A Season of Goodbyes
23β™‘Β»- Home
24β™‘Β»- Countryside
25β™‘Β»- a field of flowers [end]

22β™‘Β»- routine

2.7K 92 2
By RIC3WIFEYY

𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄:

Sucks to say that I'm losing motivation for this story ☹︎
I have the ideas but not the
motivation.

But I will still publish new
chapters when I can. Not weekly anymore. Thank you for all the support!! We finally reached 13k ♥︎♡︎

Also, double update!

☁︎☁︎➪

Everyone knows that Kita is a man who values his routine. He has a specific guide he needs to follow to feel organized. He sleeps at night and wakes up in the early hours of the morning. Kita does his chores properly and checks them off his to-do list. Kita cooks breakfast and won't eat until his grandmother is seated with him, a habit he found when he was a child.

During high school, his routine was strict, with responsibilities as a student, captain, and grandchild. Kita needed to juggle everything but he did so with no failure. Kita feels good having to follow such routines, it makes him feel a sense of responsibility and order.

He always makes sure to do the things that needed to be done properly. It's a common rule for him, one he respects and maintains.

Kita had no problem adjusting to slight changes in routine. Whether be it a sudden cancelation of classes because of a holiday or being invited to hang out. Having a routine is a part of who Kita is, it formed him into a better leader and mostly, a person. Despite his fondness for such, he's still a person who yearns for excitement.

Kita is a man who is content with what he has. He's grateful for having a life of peace, loved by his family, and being lowed to choose his career. Yet- he's a person who loves. Because he's willing to change a few things in his life.

There are times he wakes up earlier than usual to talk to you. Although short, he knows that what's important is having the time to check up on you. Kita understands your struggles. He hears you're adjusting well with your classmates, which of whom are from different parts of Japan. But he also remembers the times when you'd silently sob about the pressure and exhaustion.

Kita, for the first time, doesn't know what to do. He tries his best to comfort you, to talk to you but at the same time, he feels as though it wasn't enough.

Kita wants to be there for you physically. He wants to hold you close and tell you he's proud of you. All he could do at those moments was listen to you sob at the other end. Kita hears your struggles and understands you. Although he is not there physically, he does everything he can to support you.

His gallery is full of pictures of you in different locations. Kita's favorite is the one you took on your first day in university where you asked a random student to take a picture of you. Kita couldn't help but smile at how awkward and nervous you looked, holding up a wary peace sign as you looked at the camera. Another was you at a cafe studying for a quiz, you looked tired, so different from when you just arrived.

But Kita always admired hard work.

He also sends his pictures. Pictures of the food he's cooking for dinner, his plants and the children who played with him. He sends you updates about the farm, his grandmother and your old highschool friends.

Kita, who had the resources to plant his garden, and with permission from his family, had decided to create a garden.

Kita had missed his home, especially the garden where he spends most of his time. Now that he's away for harvesting and taking care of the crops, he feels that the garden would give him the chance to bring something back from his old life. It was only part of the reason. The second was the promise he made during the school festival.

➪ 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒇 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌

"Do you like flowers?" He asked in amusement, "Well, yeah. I think everyone does. "

"Then I'll plant a whole garden full of your favorite flowers."

Kita had collected a good enough amount of seeds (that were your favorite) and made plans for a big garden that was filled with different types of flowers and plants. Granny Yumie also helped, liking the idea of a surprise. The garden made their new home more warm and welcoming, adding a new feature to their home.

Kita is proud of his work. Although it's a slow process, he knows that it's worth it.

He tends extra care to a specific flower. Kita remembered how fond you were of this kind. Kita secretly talks to it every day when he's working alone. Somehow it's a habit he never outgrew when he was a kid, talking to plants to make sure they're growing well.

Waking up early was never easy for a struggling college student who worked part-time whilst studying. You didn't want to rely on your family back home for your expenses since they were juggling your sibling's tuition fees. Luckily, the cafe you worked part-time on was a short distance from your university so you had no trouble walking there after classes.

You had adjusted decently to your college life abroad, much to your prior dismay.

The buildings held high towers and modern facilities for the students, showcasing where the student's tuition went. The interior was just as decent as the exterior. With high walls looking down at you and long corridors.

Although your situation was mostly frustrating, you learned to accept it and move forward. The class had ended ten minutes ago and you waited until the crowd of students left the room so you wouldn't get caught up by the growing crowd.

There were lots of international students such as you, a few of them were from Japan but you never got that close with them due to your lack of social skills. The locals were decent enough, sometimes you would get brief stares, the usual when you're in a foreign country, but nothing more. Your classmates were a different case.

Coming to school with a hungover from College parties were the norm and a lot of them kept to themselves. College was a lot harder than you would have thought, you patted yourself on the back for that.

While the rest of your classmates kept to themselves, the other part, you hated. The people who ghost you when it was their turn to submit their lacking work and couples who wouldn't shut up about their relationship. But if there was anyone you hated most, it was Sato Daisuke. Who coincidentally was also your coworker.

The chances of you ever meeting him again were very low, but never zero.

Sato never made a move to annoy you or communicate during class, he'd only spoken to you at work when needed. He's different from high school but you doubt that. Sato isn't as confident and rude, he's more introverted and often spends his time facing his head down. Sato sits a few seats behind you and you would always feel him staring at you.

You're not sure whether he's guilty or simply doesn't care but you've already moved on (but there is still a part of you that doesn't want to open up to him.) Kita knows but never really gave a reaction.

He's just as surprised but in the end, he decided it wasn't worth fighting with him. Kita trusts your judgment and actions. He's not angry anymore and has handled the situation quite well. Although he's worried that Sato might act up again, he's confident you can handle yourself.

It became a daily routine for you to call Kita on your way to work. The cafe you worked at was only fifteenth minutes away from your university so it was a good thing. He picked up a few moments later, his heavy breathing told you that he might have run to pick up the phone. "I'm glad you called," Kita said. "Is something wrong?" You asked him, sounding worried.

"What no? Sorry, I'm just excited is all." Kita has been rather excexcitogo living calls from you after hearing that your winter break is near. The date hasn't been finalized so the two of you had to wait for the clarification. You chuckle at his enthusiasm. "My professor will announce it through text. I'm looking forward to coming back home. "

Despite living apart with a lengthy time difference, You and kita never fail to catch up.

Kita is afraid of disturbing you so he would always ask to call you, knowing how busy you are with university and work. The last thing he wanted to do was disturb you. Your favorite time was early morning since it was the perfect time for the both of you.

While You get ready, you talk on the phone with Kita who was eating his afternoon snack. Either he's taking care of the crops (his phone is neatly placed on an area where you could see him work, muscles flexing and body sweating.) beside his water bottle or taking a break after a long day of working in the fields. He'd make time to update or talk to you every day just as you do for him.

You've made plans to stay with him during the second week of your visit since you had to visit your family first.

Kita had settled comfortably at his new home in the countryside. He's excited to show you all the wonderful things the countryside side can offer. Kita had spoken about it on the phone a few times after you mentioned winter break. Another thing he had hinted about was a surprise, but he stood strong about not telling more.

-

Later, you arrived home tired after the long day you had. Customers were rather unkind to you and your coworkers. You swore you saw Sato snicker when you were getting yelled at by a middle-aged man. You took off your shoes and placed them on the side before heading to the kitchen to prepare an early dinner.

You lacked the energy to cook something fancy so you settled with cup noodles. You wanted nothing more than to just lay down on your comfortable mattress but you still had to prepare for a presentation. it was already quite late in Japan but you promised you would text Kita back, which you forgot to do during your break.

One text would do. You hoped it wouldn't wake him up. 'Sorry for not texting back, had a long day at work. By the way, I'm coming home on 17!!'

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.5K 2.4K 25
Y/n and Sakusa has known each other since high school. Y/n always had feelings for him but after they graduate they never contacted anymore. What'll...
331K 13.5K 30
❝𝐈 π†πŽπ“ π˜πŽπ”!❞ Β°β™‘. ⋄ও β€Ώπ€π“π’π”πŒπ” Β°β™‘β‹„. 〴 those were the words that started this mess. atsumu miya, a famous setter at your school has found o...
96.6K 3K 30
In which (Y/N) experiences unrequited love, yet doesn't let go of the boy who stole the heart that's hers, Until, she finds another [Sugawara Kōshi...
38.1K 581 27
Suna rintaro x reader Started: June 8, 2022 Finished: March 6, 2023 #7 suna - June 17,2022 #8 rintaro - September 9,2022 #19 sunarin- January 12,2023