21♡»- A Season of Goodbyes

✎ ୨⎯ "This is it. I promise there will be more to it in this story. Finally updated after a month of haitus." ⎯୧

Students gathered around the school, feeling hesitant but also mixed with a strange emotion of excitement. You notice the underclassmen flooding the sideways with their grim expressions, eyes searching for their beloved seniors. From the crowd, you could see all the familiar faces.

There was The volleyball team, waving at their seniors, your fellow club members who you grew attached to after spending every day with them, and the kind first years you grew fond of. They're all wearing the same expression of hesitation and sadness. Most of the graduates mirrored their expressions, although some are rather happy that the year finally ended.

As the white blankets of snow are replaced with Pink petals of beauty, it is a reminder that things don't last forever. Time moves and doesn't wait for anyone.

The last three years you spent in Inarizaki have been fun. You've met different kinds of people. Your memories of youth are vivid colors of joy. With every special occasion leaving another page on your album for you to look back in the future.

The teachers gave their speeches about hard work and how proud they were of the new graduates. Long and boring some might say, but you appreciated the thought. It's the first time you've seen them stifle a tear while looking at the students they've taught for the last three years. They were followed by the underclassmen who were rather emotional and couldn't get their words to make sense. They could only wish their seniors a good future and happiness.

Lastly, it was time for the representatives.

With a few notes in hand, Kita made his way to the stage with a confident stride. He sported a neat suit and his hair was done in a way that it seemed cleaner than usual. Kita took one glance at your seat and smiled. He didn't seem nervous- he never was. Kita never saw the point of being nervous.

There was a momentary silence that filled the stadium before Kita spoke up. He held his head up high, eyes glued to the written notes and he began to speak. It started as any normal speech about moving on and starting a new chapter. Rather than sounding depressed about having to move on to greater lengths, Kita's speech was more cheerful in tone.

He looked forward to it, saying that everyone should. "Being nervous is normal but we shouldn't let it turn into the fear that holds us down." For a moment he searches the crowd of students and towards the group of parents. His grandmother was waiting for him amongst the sea of parents with what looked to be an expression of pride.

Kita began to say his thanks to the people in the school. "I would like to thank the teachers who worked hard every day. The school staff who worked hard to care of the school." He started. "Next to my dearest teammates who I admire. I wish you the best and may you all continue working hard." It was accompanied by multiple screams from a particular group of crying boys, led by the twins.

"Lastly," Kita's eyes travel down to the sea of formal suits and landed on you. "I want to thank the important people I met along the way."

Your parents had taken several pictures of you during and after graduation. Several of them were of you crying your eyes out, far from looking good and others included people you didn't even know. After the ceremony, everyone left to find their friends in the crowd and say their last goodbyes. You had stayed behind to talk with your parents with the mental note to find Kita later.

"We're so proud of you. You were working so hard!" Your mother sobbed. Clutching the bouquet they handed you, you bit back a sob fearing you might cry for the fourth time that day. "Thank you, mom and dad."