Belonging | Alec Lightwood

By Itzwhatever

'He said, there are thousands of Shadowhunter's, but great love comes once in a lifetime if one is lucky, and... More

DISCLAIMER
PROLOGUE
CHARACTER PROFILE
TRAILER
COVER ART
AESTHETICS
๐Ÿ—
(1) Happy Birthday
(2) Meeting Blondie
(3) Hello hot eyes
(4) Still an asshole
(5)Thanks for the tat
(6)Female anatomy
(7) Meth Dealer
(8) Time for Boys
(9) Si bitch, her too
(10) Burden
(11) Fuck the accords
(12) Teach me
(13) Alec's answer
(14) As funny as Ebola
(15) One step forward, two steps back
(16) Hotter than Jace
(17) Memory
๐Ÿ—
(18) Lies and open wounds
(19) I can't
(20) Hibernating
(21) Torn
(22) Intoxicating
(23) One in a million
(24) Wrapped around my finger
(25) Short end of the stick
(26) Male Anatomy
(27) Always goes wrong
(28) I did it
(29) Warnings and intruders
(30) Seeing red
(31) Save him
(32) One knee
(33) Arrangement
(34) Obligations
(35) What I liked about you
(36) Heaven
(37) Beginning to fade
(38) Sister Sister
(39) Threesome
(40) Family United
(41) Bad idea
(42) The Wedding
(43) Him and I
๐Ÿ—
(44) Crazy
(45) Right Choices
(46) Adios
(47) Back again
(48) Hurricane
(49) Interrogation
(50) For Jace
(51) Getting between us
(52) 3 words, 8 letters
(53) Running out of time
(55) Shattering
(56) Hunt
(57) Alone
(58) Darkness
Acknowledgements
!!!!

(54) Hope

1.5K 55 111
By Itzwhatever

"Where the hell is Jace?" I hiss, pacing back and forth through Magnus's living room. My eyes glance momentarily to Alec, my nerves building as he continues to incoherently mumble and thrash, his skin like fire and paler than I'd ever seen.

He was going to die if we didn't get Jace here soon.

By some miracle we had managed to leave the institute, glamouring Raj as Alec and Magnus portalling out straight from that room had been easy but now Jace still hadn't arrived, and we were running out of time.

My phone rings and I see Izzy's name, I hurriedly answer, pulling the phone to my ear.

"Izzy, Alec's getting worse" I exclaim, desperate "Where is Jace?"

"He's being chased by Luke's pack... they think he killed one of theirs, but Clary said Valentine had done it. I made a deal with Aldertree and he's having a warlock make me a portal now, But I don't know if ill make it on time"

"God... " I whisper. 

"I could make it." I exhale, my hand running through my hair, "You portal to Magnus's and I'll have Magnus portal me to Jace and I'll bring him back here, it's not too far and I should be there as soon as"

"That's a good idea," Izzy says, her voice uneven. "Clary's running there now, grab them both... and Cam?"

"Yeah, Iz?"

"Thank you" She whispers, her voice softening. My heart thrums at her words and I nod, even though she can't see me.

"Of course,". I hang up, rushing into Magnus's room where he stands, looking through his potions cabinet.

"Magnus, I need a portal to get Jace" I pull out my phone as Izzy's text shows up. "Front street, he's on Front street"

Magnus nods and together we both rush into the sitting room I look to Alec once more, desperate to give him one last kiss, but the timing was too tight, and I didn't want to be selfish and risk it.

"You ready, pumpkin?" Magnus asks his hands already in the air and glowing.

"I'm ready" I nod.

Within seconds the portal is whirling open and it's a pitch of multi-coloured darkness and the unknown. Smiling once, I quickly jump through.

The world spins off its axis, my stomach twisting and mind-bending as time and reality shift. I stumble to my feet, the ground now uneven concrete against my sneakers and the dark night sky shadowed down from the moon above my head.

I run forward on instinct as I see Jace and Clary, a beautiful tan woman stood before them, wolves at her side. I watch in terror as one of the slate grey wolves growls and rushes at Jace, his jaws snapping savagely.

I manage to get to Jace's side, startling them and standing before him.

"Cam, no!" Clary yells.

The wolf soars through the sky, almost in slow motions, its mouth open and teeth snapping. I feel the bile rise up my throat but as it inches nearer, I drag all the chaotic energy mixing in my chest, mentally pushing it all out.

I close my eyes unconsciously, convinced that I'm about to be this dogs meal for the day, but after a second, they re-open staggeringly and suddenly I'm no longer in danger.

I listen as gasps emerge, and I can't help but chuckle in shock. The wolf was kneeling, head down and eyes lowered, a small and whiny sound escaping its throat as it behaved.

Because of me.

"Good boy" Clary mutters sarcastically, her eyes shifting from me to the dog, a small smile across her lips.

"By order of the Clave, Jace Wayland is coming with me" I step back, grabbing Jace's hand. He looks at me, a fond smile across his face and I can't help the warmth in my chest at knowing he's safe. Clary steps cautiously beside me, seeking shelter.

Because these wolves were not happy about that.

"Listen, Jace did not do what you think he did, but you can solve that after." I say, my voice rising, "Right now, the guy that I love is dying and Jace is the only one who can save him"

All eyes snap to me at my words, and I feel my cheeks heat under their scrutiny. Especially Clary, who looks so happy she might start squealing.

"Maia!" Luke roars, his eyes lighting green "I said stand down!". Instantly all the wolves obey, stepping back, though reluctantly.

I nod gratefully to Luke, before the three of us pivot on our heels running back to the portal that Magnus left open. I allow Clary in first, my eyes locking on a smirking Jace.

"The guy you love, huh?" He teases, a goofy grin across his face. I snort, rolling my eyes before practically pushing him through the portal, his laughs echoing in my ears as we pass through.

We enter into the other size, Magnus's sitting room a calm and serene space compared to the chaos outside. My eyes fall immediately upon Alec's slumbering figure on the extended chair, Izzy sat beside him, a sorrowfulness about her.

"Jace" She smiles, standing and coming to hug her brother, one he returns with equal strength and need. I smile, though my heart strains at the scene, my mind wishing for the same kind of relationship with Jace.

Thinking of all the years we missed together as a family.

With bated breath, I stare as Jace approaches Alec's degrading figure, his eyes fogging over as he takes him in. Magnus nods with a sympathetic smile, handing him the stone, which he takes gratefully.

My throat closes and tears sting my eyes as Jace walks over to Alec's side and kneels beside him. My heart is hammering, bile rising up my throat as he exhales shakily, before grabbing Alec's limp hand, the stone tucked between their palms.

He closes his eyes, hopeful, and the stone brightens, iridescent as the Parabatai link reforms. I clutch a hand to my mouth, sobs escaping me as Clary hugs me from behind, her own tears soaking my top.

The light remains and yet, Alec's eyes don't open.

Jace swears, his voice cracking as he opens his eyes to his Parabatai gone. My eyes flicker, tears clouding over them, to Magnus, who merely shakes his head in sadness.

"Cam" Jace calls, his eyes lifting to mine and tears endlessly falling from them. "Come here, sit beside him. Help me" The final words come out in a desperate whisper.

With shaky limbs and an aching heart, I move forward and round the chair before perching myself on its side. My hand instinctively go to Alec, one hand resting on his chest while the other cups his cheeks.

The coldness of his skin terrified me and it takes everything in me to not fall apart right there.

"I'm here Alec, so is Jace. Please wake up" I say, my voice breaking and choking back a sob.

"Entreat me not to leave thee," Jace says, eyes bold, his hand gripping Alec's tighter "or to return from following after thee."

My eyes lift to Izzy, noting her small smile even behind the flow of tears.

The stone slips from their fingers and Alec jerks, his body stilling and getting heavier. His breathing staggers, the feeling under my hand flickering.

"What's happening?" I demand, hysteria rising.

"He's slipping" Magnus chokes out, shaking his head as he looks between Jace and I.

"No!" Izzy cries, clutching herself to Clary.

"Keep going!" I beg, looking at Jace "Please, keep trying".

He nods solemnly, his hand gripping Alec's face on the other side of mine, his eyes shutting in pain at the sound of Alec's wheezes and groans.

"Thy people will be my people; thy God will be my God. When thou diest, I will die. And there will I be buried. The Angel do so to me..." Alec breathes out harshly, no sign of coming to "And more also... if aught but death part thee and me."

I gasp, tears leaking from my eyes endlessly as he breathes one final breath, a small whisper against my cheek before his body stills, his chest stopping under my hand.

"No" I choke out, my head falling to his chest. I hear Izzy sob and feel Jace pushing at Alec's body.

"Please don't leave me Alec" He pleads, his voice sore and weak.

I feel my stomach twist and fold, the pain in my heart unbearable, as if a knife has been shoved in and cut out a piece of my soul. I gasp shuddering against him, just needing to be close to him.

"If aught but death part thee and me."

I still, my body immediately shutting down and not functioning.

"Alec" Jace sighs, wracking his throat as he drops his head against him.

I hear Izzy and Clary laugh, and Jace exhales, relief oozing off him as he clutches Alec's arm. I don't move my face from his neck, keeping myself glued to him.

I can't look at him, I don't want him to disappear.

"Camilla" Alec calls, his voice raw and pleading.

"No" I cry, my voice breaking. I close my eyes shut, shaking my head against his body. I feel one hand lift and fold into my hair, touching my cheeks. "I'm scared this isn't real" I whisper.

"Our first date should be a nice restaurant, preferably on a rainy night, so we can kiss... like in the movies"

I gasp out, my head snapping up. My eyes are swollen and fogged over and yet I can still vividly see the blue-green of his eyes and the small, lazy smile that brushes the corner of his lips.

His hand comes to my face, shaking slightly and gentle, and he wipes the tears from my eyes, and everything is suddenly so clear.

"You heard me?" I ask, smiling as more tears fell. Happy tears, tears of joy and relief and gratitude. He smirks, a hand rubbing over my lips, just as I did to him all those hours ago.

"Three words, eight letters" He whispers. "I love you, Camilla Fairchild".

His eyes brighten and a smile takes over his face as he says the words and I can't help the laugh that escapes me, the immediate pleasure that overtakes me.

My heart feels whole.

I can hear giggling in the back and as I look to Jace he nods, admiration and pride across his face as he takes in Alec and me.

I laugh in disbelief, immediately leaning forward and capturing Alec into a kiss. He swiftly pulls me closer, his arms wrapping around my waist and the other hand tangling into my hair. His lips are delicate yet powerful against my own and I'm drowning in him.

We pull back, breathless and panting, and I rest my forehead against his. Our eyes are inches apart and we're both grinning from ear to ear.

He was alive and he loved me.

"Jace Wayland!"

We spring apart, both of us snapping our attention to the door, surprise filling us as Aldertree stalks in, two guards following closely behind.

"You are hereby sentenced to the City of Bones to await trial for the charge of high treason and aiding Valentine in a war against the Clave."

Jace stands swiftly moving to stand before Aldertree as he makes his decree. My eyes flicker between them, eventually landing on Izzy, who frowns, remorse written across her face.

She locks eyes with me, and I remember.

Oh no.

"What the hell is going on?" Alec demands, sitting up beside me and wrapping an arm around my waist. I place my hand on his back, knowing he wasn't strong enough to be moving this early on.

"It's all right, Alec." Jace whispers, a small smile on his lips as he looks at Alec and then to me and back "All that matters is you're back."

We watch in helplessness and shock as the guards grab Jace and handcuff him, before swiftly escorting him away.

Alec loves Camilla. Camilla loves Alec. 

I'm smiling like a total idiot right now. 

VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

See you next time lovelies xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 9.7K 87
[COMPLETED] "Emotions are nothing but a distraction, Clary." He said and I looked at him and knew that his heart and soul was filled with ice-cold no...
2.4K 180 43
After defeating Lilith and escaping Edom, the TMI gang finally returns to their common lifes in New York, ready to figure out different issues from d...
58.7K 1.9K 43
โ•šยปโ˜…ยซโ• Book 1 of Where We Come Alive The New York Institute and its' shadowhunters, Jace, Alec, and Isabelle, have decided to take part of the exchang...
23.2K 969 53
Hey, this is my first fan fiction about Malec. I don't own any of the characters. English is not my first language, so I may have mistakes, I would a...