ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪxᴛᴀᴘᴇ - xᴜ ᴍɪɴɢʜᴀᴏ

By _MeanYoongiii_

- give it back? - where is the fun in that? - What are you gonna do with it? - Let me think about it. In w... More

i like you
your name
delivery
come to my party
first dance
waisted
kiss goodnight
favor from an enemy
sweet guy
an almost kiss
an assigment
carelessly in love
chicken
miss piggy
speakers
i missed you
only him
babygirl
Two wishes
best day
love drunk
butterflies
disaster
dinner and kisses
after school
jealousy
infinite
stupid arguments
sick
the truth about the mixtape
sweeter
two tickets for a concert
different
I love you
Epologue

walkman

694 25 7
By _MeanYoongiii_

Her...

Minghao was determined to find her but he just couldnt. What was that tape about? He really wanted to ask but how could he even talk to her? Would it be weird?

He searched all the school facilities for the girl until...

Someone stopped him.

"Hey bro..." Vernon approached him along with a blond chick on his side. They greeted each other with an ordinary hand shake but he seemed a bit off today.

"Are you searching for someone?" His friend asked him, trying to look to the direction he was looking.

"What?"

"Where are you looking at?" He asked him again. Minghao felt pretty busy at this point to even explain to him. "I... I have somewhere to be..." He said when actually seeing the girl ready to take the bus.

"Wait, but-" He was about to stop him but Hao started jogging in his attempt to find the girl. He only wanted to ask about the Mixtape. Nothing else.

What's all this about?

But when he was in the bus stop, the bus was already gone.

---------

He drove his way home, super eager about this whole tape thing. As soon as he parked he stared at the tape that happened to be on the passenger's seat.

After thay he happened to be even more encouraged after looking out the window... only to realize that Jun was waiting outside his house. He immediately hid the tape inside his bag again.

"What the hell are you doin' here?" Hao asked as soon as he walked out of his car.

"Yo, I couldn't just let you hear the tape when I am not here!!!" The man crossed his arms. He really was 20 times more curious than Minghao would ever be.

"There is no way I am gonna listen to this If you are here!"

"C'mon!!! Why not?"

"Cause you're a dick!"

"Hey!" Jun yelled.

"Bye!" Hao said and unlocked the door of his house. When he was not expecting Jun literally sneaked inside before he even does.

"Hey!" Hao said.

"Bye!" Jun giggled and ran up to his room. Such a devastating incident for Poor Minghao.

He walked in only to find Jun chilling on his bed and havibg a baseball and a glove on his hand.

"I thought I told you to leave but here you are with my baseball equipment..." The boy let his things on top of his desk.

"Shhhh I am trying to concentrate!"

"On pissing me off?"

"On throwing the ball until it reaches the ceiling and then grabbing it before it hits the ground. I am playing baseball!" He explained.

"Jun, Thats now how you play baseball!" He sat on his desk while biting his buttom lip. "Anyway, Just put the tape on... Where can we put it to hear? How does a tape work? Is there something like a magical tape matchine?" He actually said that.

Minghao was looking at him like he was some sort of a ghost.

"You are really that dumb, huh?" He said while taking out an old walkman he likes to use to listen to mixtapes.

"Whats that?" Jun grabbed him by his hands surprised. "Dont touch it!" Minghao brought it back on his hands to protect it from an idiot.

"But still... Whats that?"

"Is it the first time you saw a walkman?"

"Who's walking?"

"Forget it..." Minghao scoffed and continued with putting the tape on the walkman. When he was ready he was about to press play but something stopped him.

"Why didnt you press play?" Jun startled him when he was trying to think.

"I... I am thinking-"

Should he listen to this? I mean... She left it on his locker? So why not? Questions were overflowing his brain.

"We are not here so you can think, We are here so I will listen to that mixtape!" Without asking for permission, Jun pressed play. Minghao was about to hit him but a soft voice stopped him.

I like you~

There was a pause of the girl's voice. She seemed soft and vulnerable to his ears.

"What?" Hao whispered to himself.

I like you~

The girl repeats.

"Is it live?" Jun foolishly asked and Mingao turned to his front fully immersed. Is that a love confession? He was shocked.

You make the stars look brighter every time you smile at the pitch black sky. You make everything brighter.~

Minghao let go of a soft smirk in the corner of his lips hearing at these words.

"Someone is head over hills for you..." Jun winked to his friend. Minghao stared at his boots and tried not to smile in front of his friend. He needed to be serious.

You make me happy on days of dispair and depression. On days I feel down and hopeless. I like you a lot.~

"You are blushingggg!!!" Jun pointed at him quite playfully but Minghao glared at him quite agressively.

"Cut the crap, I am not..." He growled and continued paying his attention to what the mixtape was saying.

I like how you give me random glances on the hallway yet you dont know who I am. I like the way your curly hair gets blown by the wind. Or the random smiles you give when you entered the classroom.~

"Um Minghao?"

"What now?"

"Your hair is not curly..."

"Shut up of course it is..." He touched his hair and tried to mess it up a little just to make it look curly when they were hell straight at this point.

"They are n-"

"Then how do you explain her liking my curly h-" He was about to answer but the girl's voice interrupted her.

I like you Chwe Vernon.

And thats when both of their faces dropped. In the sound of that name they both froze.

"Vernon?" Hao asked but he already knew the answer. Indeed, Vernon! All this thing happened for Vernon to hear. Not Minghao.

"The girl put the tape on the wrong locker..." Jun explained and then his whole mood changed. He was not that happy he was a while ago.

"I... I guess it belongs to Vernon..." Minghao announced while playing with the walkman. "Are you gonna give it to him?" Jun asked.

"No..." Hao gave him a sly smirk. It was the first time he smirked after a while. He is usually too damn serious for smiles.

"But he is your friend..."

"I am doing this for him! He has a girlfriend. Why would he need that tape?" He tried to sound logical yet Jun was not convinced.

"Well, he should know!"

"I am not gonna destroy his happiness or his relationship with this brand new girl!"

"You dont even like Natasha!" Jun exclaimed, knowing his friend's personal feelings about the situation.

"Just promise you wont say anything about it... Lets just give them some time and then decide..." Minghao suggested.

"Fine... But for a while... Vernon is our friend!"

"Of course he is..."
_____

Next day:

Bong cha was literally pacing up and forth in her room, totally petrified of what she did yesterday. If Vernon realizes its her he will probably be disgusted and avoid her for the rest of her life. It would only be embarrassing. 

Whay was she thinking. Her whole life is gonna get destroyed that easily.

Perfect.

Her attention got grabbed by an irritating voice right outside her room.

"Are you trying to go somewhere, or just lose your time by walking?" Chan was right outside. Bong-Cha opened her door in complete anger.

"What do you want?"

"I was just wondering... Are you running to the marathon this year?" He chuckled. 

"Do you wanna die?"

"What's with the mood? Did you have a fight with your boyfriend!!!???" He was teasing her. Bong cha hit him with a stuffed animal she found on the floor.

"Are you gonna stop!?"

"No!"

Chan grabbed it from her hands and started waiting away.

"Hey give it back!!!" She whined whole staring at the boy entering his room. He locked twice.

"Now he is a hostage! You will never get your fluffy pigeon back!!!!" He satanically laughed and Bong cha scoffed.

She decided to grab her bag and run on her way to school today. She needed to do something so she can get rid of this anxiety.

She was gonna take back the tape! That was her plan. So she indeed ran to school, entered the hallway but her face dropped as soon as she saw so many people.

"Whats with that look?" Seunkwan happened to be waiting for her on his locker.

"I have a plan..."

"Who's locker are we vandalizing today?" He crossed his arms.

"Vernon's!"

"That poor boy. He must be tired of yoyr mixtapes!" He announced while searching his things on the locker. "I am not gonna give him a tape. I am gonna take the previous one back!"

"Did you realize it was a dumbass move and came to your senses? Finally!" He felt relieved.

"Thats not the reason!"

"Well, I can still hope, someday you ll start realizing that everything you do is stupid!!!" He seemed a lottle arrogant today but Bong Cha loved all the sides of him- even that one.

"I am just to nervous about his reaction and thats killing me so I want to find my old self!"

"Why dont you let them keep it. I've seen it, not that good..." Bong cha gave him a death glare after theese statements.

"What Cha? What?"

Without answering the girl grabbed him by the collar and forced him to go upstairs to where Vernon's locker is located.

"We are not doing that again, are we?" He pouted. He really didnt wanna be at this place at the point. All he wanted was to prepare his prom queen speech at the end.

"Hell Yeah we are!"

"Dont talk like that!"

"Stay here!!! And make sure no one is coming, good boy..." She patted his head but he made a weird grimace to shut her down.

The girl was not giing to give up either way so she just ignored him and sneaked this time on the right locker. She did her best to open it but she realized there was not a tape inside.

Her face dropped, in the thought Vernon found it and heard her.

She started walking towards her best friend with a huge pout of her lips. Seungwan started looking at her perplexed.

"Where is the tape?"

"I... I dont know..." His jaw was about to fall maybe because the realisation. "You kiddin' me?

"No..."

"You are telling me that Chwe Vernon could have possibly heard you embarrassing yourself in front of a microphone?" And that sentence hurt. Cause thats what this mixtape was about.

"I am gonna dieeee..." She hissed to herself in thoughts of embarrassment.

"Well, you should think before doing a total fool of yourself next time!!!" He started making fun of the girl while literally pointing. She gasps in disbelief.

"I am out now!" He started waving at her while taking steps backwards.

"Hey where are you going? We still have classes?" She was walking towards him but was never able to reach cause he still was taking steps backwards.

"I have a speech to make!!!!"

"The prom is in 5 months!"

"Thats just the enough time for a queen to write her speech!!" He bowed.

"King!"

"Right, I always forget about that... amyway... Xoxo!" He started running like an idiot down the hallway.

"Hey-" But it was already too late. Now Bong Cha was alone to deal with the total humiliation of Vernon probably knowing about the tape. The only thing she didnt know was that she mixed the lockers and put the tape on a completly deferent one.

She walked inside her class, trying to keep a low profile today.

The only thing she needs to do is to keep a low profile and probably hide somewhere so he wont be able to notice her.

Thats what Bong Cha decided to pull for the day. The most mysterious dark corner of the class would be the ideal seat.

Perfect!

She sat there right before the lesson starts and literally placed her forehead on top of a book. In that way she wont be recognized.

She felt relieved as she took a big breathe in thinking she was not gonna get caught today.

Her whole plan got ruined as soon as she heard a sudden knock on top of the table she was laying her head. She slowly lifted her head and locked eyes with a really unexpected face.

She was surely not waiting for Xu Minghao to approach her.

"Is this seat taken?" The cool kid asked. She almost forgot how to breath at this point maybe because Minghao could look intimidating If you dont know him that well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75 6 26
Xiao Mei is left heartbroken when her first love abandons her after a faithful promise. Just when she starts to get over him, he reappears in her lif...
3.5K 71 20
Short prompts about what would happen with each seventeen member in a certain scenario. requests open!!! comment to submit a request. (Credit to cove...
14.4K 813 105
"May this song be an extension of my hand and reach out to you who is far away." Yoon Eunjae is an academically-inclined student who chose Music. Whi...
108K 4.6K 13
"It's just for fun, okay?" Fanfic of Vernon, who just wants little bit of Seungkwan. Just for fun. Their little game.