SOLACE, SERENITY, SOULMATE

By atreyeeP

The story starts from March 2009, when Riddhima Dasgupta, the lead character, was a 15 year old girl. At a ve... More

COPYRIGHT RESERVED ©
Chapter-1: Let's meet Riddhima
Chapter 2: A Birthday Gift for Riddhima
Chapter 3: Riddhima pleas for Justice
Chapter 4: Is Riddhima behind the Blast?
Chapter 5: Did Riddhima find a Clue?
Chapter 6: Riddhima In a Conundrum
Chapter 7: Riddhima and her Snoopiness
Chapter 8: Guest at "Rathi house"
Chapter 9: Is Vansh a Protector or a Foe?
Chapter 10: Mysterious Vansh
Chapter 11: Multidimensional
Chapter 12: A Gullible Riddhima
Chapter 13: Riddhima's Torment
Chapter 14: Manoeuvre against Riddhima
Chapter 15: Candid #RiAnsh (PART-1)
Chapter 15: Candid #RiAnsh (PART-2)
Chapter 16: The Fabrication
Chapter 18: A Subdued Celebration
Chapter 19: "I didn't kill her."
Chapter 20: Attack on Riddhima
Chapter 21: "What! Bhai got hitched!"
Chapter 22: Divulgence
Chapter 23: The Abduction
Chapter 24: Checkmate
Chapter 25: A new home for Her!
Chapter 26: "Is he married?"
GRATITUDE
Chapter 27: Debilitated Riddhima
Chapter 28: "Who is my wife?"
Chapter 29: A New Equation
GRATITUDE (#1 RANKING)
Chapter 30: Hark Back
Chapter 31: "Riddhima searched me!"
Chapter 32: Contrariety
Chapter 33: Outlandish Gesticulation
Chapter 34: "Never"
Chapter 35: Vansh planning to marry Koeena!
Chapter 36: Predilection of Riddhima
Chapter 37: Vansh in True Self
Chapter 38: "I'm leaving"
Give it a try
Chapter 39: False Arrest
Chapter 40: Detention
Chapter 41: "Get out of here, right now."
Chapter 42: "My husband!"
Chapter 43: Persuasion
Chapter 44: A Startled Vansh
Chapter 45: Trending On Social Media
Chapter 46: The Zeal
Chapter 47: Vansh means Business
Chapter 48: "A barbie doll"
Chapter 49: "Who is Venom?"
Chapter 50: The Venom
Chapter 51: Manipulation
Chapter 52: Damn it! Riddhima
Chapter 53: Riansh
Chapter 54: Infidelity
Chapter 55: Vansh in a mess
Chapter 56: A Date

Chapter 17: Is Riddhima being hoodwinked?

468 60 68
By atreyeeP

18th of May:

    Hearing a knocking sound, Riddhima opened her room's door and saw Ritu was standing there and ordered her to freshen up fast and come down to the temple area. Riddhima followed her friend's word and did whatever she said. 

    When she came down she saw her uncle and Ritu were standing for her to proceed with the puja rituals. Riddhima felt the solace and serenity in the gesture of her dearest ones. She performed the puja and prayed for enough courage, strength, bravery for herself and abundance for her dearest ones. Riddhima took the blessing of her uncle which reminded her of her father and also reminded how her birthday turned her life upside down.

    Mr. Rathi said to both the ladies to have breakfast. Having breakfast, Mr. Rathi said, "Riddhima, get ready fast. We will complete our work first because it's important and don't forget to take the necessary documents which I informed you about yesterday." 

    "Ok Uncle. Ritu, come let's get ready.", Riddhima said. 

    "No, I'll not be able to come there because you know I've only 5 days to prepare for my examination. I just don't want to miss this chance. I hope you understand, Riddhima. But, the moment you come back home I'll give all my time to you, that's a promise.", Ritu said, apologizing for her actions. 

    Riddhima nodded her head in positive and gave a warm smile to her best friend. 

    Vansh, sitting in his Xten Office Chair by Pininfarina, asked, "Angre, did you send the new phone of Riddhima to Mr. Rathi?" 

    "Yes, Boss. I sent it early this morning. He informed me that he had received it and would certainly give it to Riddhima.", Angre replied. 

    "Angre, you will be the witness from my side. Do you have any problem with it?", Vansh said, while going through his files. 

    "Absolutely no, Boss.", Angre replied in confidence. 

    "Fine. One more thing, tell John to come in front of Riddhima but after she signs all the documents. This time I don't want any mess, make the land registrar office premises highly secured by our men. Today, it's the most important day for me and you know I just hate defeat. Every part of our plan must be executed perfectly and on time. Am I clear?", Vansh said, looking straight in his eyes. 

    "Boss, our men have put their high profile security in place. For 2 hours, no one will be allowed to enter that area, especially when you and ma'am are there. Your plan will be executed smoothly. ", Angre assured his boss.

    Vansh nodded his head and said, "Angre, I want you to send one of our bullet proof cars to Rathi house. I don't want to take any risk when it comes to Riddhima. She is very important." 

    "As you say, Boss.", Angre replied.

    Riddhima and Mr. Rathi were ready to depart for the land registrar office. After bidding a goodbye to Ritu, when Riddhima came outside the main gate she found a luxurious car was waiting and her uncle was already seated inside it. 

    The driver opened the door for her, greeting her with a warm good morning. Immediately, after placing herself in the car she asked, "Uncle, is this your car?" 

    "No, Mr. Raisinghania, sent it to us.", he replied with a smile. 

    Riddhima didn't go in depth with her interrogation as according to her it was not the right time to do so. 

    They travelled to the land registrar office in silence. 

    The moment they reached there, Riddhima got scared seeing the armed and unarmed security personnel who surrounded the car. 

    She saw a man come and open the door for her. When she turned her face towards her uncle she found he had already gotten out of the car. So, a bewildered Riddhima also got out of the car and was greeted with a good morning by that man. 

    "Ma'am, this way.", he said to her pointing in the direction of the office. 

    Then she quietly followed him into the cabin of the registrar's office, where she saw Mr. Raisinghania sat in a chair next to her uncle, and the registrar sat opposite them. 

    After seeing Riddhima, Vansh got up from his seat, went over to her, took her hand, and escorted her to the assigned seat, pulling it for her as a gentleman would. 

    Riddhima was in utmost flummoxed condition by his gestures but shrugging off all her thoughts she focused on what the registrar was saying to her. 

    "Miss. Dasgupta, this is the deed you will be signing, so would you like to give it a read?", the registrar asked her politely. 

    Riddhima nodded her head in positive and took the affidavit deed from him, she calmed and composed herself and took enough time to go through the papers. 

    The whole time, Vansh's gaze was fixed on her, until Angre, standing behind him, patted his shoulder and asked him to look at the registrar who nodded his head giving Vansh the signal that he was ready to carry out his plan. 

    "Riddhima, if you are done with your scanning, may we proceed?", restless Vansh asked Riddhima. 

    Riddhima got a little stiff hearing it and then gave the document back to the registrar. The registrar gave her a pen and he kept holding the documents which she would be signing.

    Riddhima started signing the documents and after signing for pages she looked at the registrar and asked, "Why are there so many pages?" 

    "Miss. Dasgupta, it is because we will be keeping a copy of your documents with us.", the registrar said. 

    Riddhima, satisfied with his explanation, completed signing all the documents. 

    Being tense for the first time in his life, Vansh unknowingly held his breath, but released it and smiled at Riddhima, who smiled at him back. 

    "So, I need the witness's signature. Before that Mr. Raisinghania as you are here, do you have any problem if I ask you to sign the deed as a guarantor? It is because that will make this affidavit more powerful and less questionable.", the registrar asked about Vansh's will. 

    Riddhima looked at Vansh to get an idea whether he would agree to it. 

    Vansh first looked at Riddhima then he turned his face to the registrar and said, "I don't have any problem with that. Give it to me." 

    When Vansh completed his sign, Riddhima somewhere got relieved. 

    "Now, I need two witnesses to sign here.", the registrar said. Mr. Rathi and Angre came forward and signed it happily.

    "Are we done with all the necessary stuff?", Vansh asked the registrar. 

    "Yes, Mr. Raisinghania. I'll send the affidavit to you by tomorrow after putting the government stamp on it.", the registrar replied. 

    Mr. Rathi came to Vansh and congratulated him which made Riddhima startled. 

    Sensing the change in her expression, Mr. Rathi congratulated her too, giving her the broadest smile. 

    They started leaving the room. 

    Suddenly, Riddhima's eyes went to a board which was stuck on the wall, where it was written "Marriage registration". 

    Immediately, Riddhima turned to Mr. Rathi, and said, "Uncle, both the registration offices are at the same premises." 

    Mr. Rathi saw it and said to her, "Yes, you are right, the Marriage registration room is the adjacent one to this one, and you can see on your left side wall 'Land registration' is clearly written, which is where we were just a minute ago." 

    Riddhima nodded while sniggering and said, "Hmm, I just realised both registration rooms are adjacent to each other." 

    "Maybe the government is saving their money.", Mr. Rathi replied and laughed at his own comment. 

    Vansh was standing and listening to this whole conversation. 

    Angre came close to them and said, "Boss, should we leave?" 

    "Yes. Let's go Mr. Rathi and Riddhima.", Vansh said. 

    "Wait. He is the one.", Riddhima said, pointing towards a man. 

    Vansh followed her finger and saw John standing there. 

    Vansh's expression changed and he asked her, acting all naïve to her, "Do you know him?" 

    "Yes. I saw him in that lawyer's office. He was the one who opened the door for me from outside.", Riddhima whispered to Vansh, so that Mr. Rathi and Angre are unable to hear it.

    Vansh nodded his head and asked John to come close and said, "Riddhima, he is John and works with me. He is one of my security personnel. By the way, what were you doing at that lawyer's house, John?" 

    "Boss, I had some work with that lawyer about a case and just went there to take suggestions from him.", John smoothly replied with calculative lies. 

    "Thank you for that day.", Riddhima said to John. 

    John nodded his head and went back to his position. Vansh waited until Mr. Rathi and Riddhima had safely left the premises. He then got into his own car and sat alongside Angre in the backseat and all other security personnel got into their respective cars as they drove to his office.

    Vansh was sitting in his cabin looking at the whole city from the topmost floor of his office. Angre knocked on his door. 

    "Come in.", a faint permission was given by Vansh. 

    "Boss, this is a very small gift for you from our security company.", Angre said, keeping the gift on Vansh's working table. 

    "I don't think it's needed but I won't deny this because it's a very special day for me. Thank you, Angre.", Vansh said, looking straight in his eyes.

    In the meantime, Vansh's phone rang. 

    He saw the caller id and received it. "Now, what? I promised you to give you a treat before you go to Prague.", Vansh said in an irked tone.

    "But, I didn't call for that. Today is Riddhima's birthday and you have to come and we will celebrate. It's just the four of us. Now, don't start preaching to me about the dark side of her birthday.", Ritu said it all in a go, to make him agree to be a part of Riddhima's birthday celebration. 

    "And if she becomes unhappy about this?", Vansh asked. 

    "You don't have to worry about it. I know my friend and I know myself. I know how to handle her. You are coming and that's it.", Ritu replied and hung up the call. 

    Vansh put the phone on his table and muttered, "This girl and her childishness." 

    He looked to Angre, who was waiting for his command, "Angre, in the evening, I will be visiting Rathi house and need to buy a gift for Riddhima. So, cancel and postpone all the meetings lined up today." 

    "As you say, Boss.", Angre replied. 

    "For now, you may leave.", Vansh said. 

    Angre hesitantly said to Vansh, "Boss, convey my birthday wishes to ma'am and also a big congratulation to her too." 

    Vansh looked at him and then nodded with a smirk on his face. 

    Angre smiled and left the cabin.

How was the chapter?....

Feedback in the Comment Section.....

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

Take care of yourself and your family......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.3K 4.1K 13
⋆𝐀 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤⋆ 𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔 #Book 1 Of LITTLE SECRETS Series HIS LITTLE OBS...
105K 7.1K 39
Here the story starts with when VANSH announces AHAANA as his legally wedded wife in front of the whole media & paparazzi's... It's a journey how a p...
Dark Love By Anika

Mystery / Thriller

22.1K 1.4K 13
Riddhima had a perfect life, simple and beautiful. A loving and caring husband, a big and complete family, wealth, happiness, everything. What else a...