BLUE | Bellamy Blake

By 127yourmom

BOOK 2 OF THE BELLAMY BLAKE SERIES "You used to know me." I murmur, staring at my hands as if they show the b... More

SEASON 2
Remake, Remodel, and Whatever the Hell Else
The Other Side
Oh How We've Changed
The Disease of the Ground
Cold Cold C o l d
Everything I Got and Some Cherry Snot
Never the Father, Always the Bitch
Ungrateful and Salty Sugar Cane
There are no Gods Here
The Other Side of the Coin
Broken Misfortunes
All I Lov'd
Liar, Liar, Your Fire is a Pyre
If We Make it Out of This Alive
I Gave You All By Mumford and Sons
Distractions
Never the Less, She Was an Idiot
Devil Like Me
Flash Boom Bang
Co-Dependent Lads
Wine of Secrets
Secrets, Secrets Hurt Someone
Stupid? No, Trial Run
No Student Without Thy Teacher
Secrets Secrets Sometimes Only Hurt One Person
Demonised Carbon Forms
Revenge Has Never Felt So Good
At the Eye of the Storm
Shower, Love
Weird Fetishes
What a Lovely Head You Have
Beginning of the End
A Whole Time Kind of Love

Light in the Darkness

2.1K 47 7
By 127yourmom

song: monster by imagine dragons

For thirty minutes I'd been watching Clarke tend to Lincoln. No progress has been made.

I let out a sigh before climbing down the ladder and sitting on the dropship ramp.

I let my eyes roam over the charred ground and bones. My heart sinks as I let the reality of the situation sink in. Bellamy's voice rings in my head from when he was at Murphy's mercy only a few feet away from me a couple weeks ago.

"She's a monster."

I clench my fists and squeeze my eyes shut, willing the bad memories to disappear.

At the sound of footsteps behind me, I lift my head up but don't turn around.

"I never apologised." Bellamy's voice murmurs from behind me as he sits down next to me.

"For what?" My voice sounds unfamiliar and raw.

"When Murphy insinuated that you were in love with me and you told him no, I said horrible things, Hails." He says, his head hanging low.

I don't respond, instead I just let eyes drift across the scenery.

"I was wrong," he continues. "You're not power hungry or a murderer nor a monster." He sighs, causing me to look at him. "You..." Our eyes meet and his voice falters. "What i'm trying to say is, you are magnificent. You're light that flickers through the trees, providing a golden path on the forest floor." He murmurs and my heart stops. "You're the moon that guides my way, Hailey. You are my light in the darkness."

He says, no hesitation in his voice. Our eyes are connected, an unwitting soul that is forever intertwined.

"I..." I trail off, my eyes bouncing back and forth between his. "You used to know me." I murmur, staring down at my hands as if they show the blood that coats them.

"No," Bellamy shakes his head. "I do know you, Hailey," he grabs my chin.

"I'm a monster," I say, a tear falling down my cheek.

"Then let's be monsters together." He says and crashes his lips against mine in a slow presumptuous fashion leaving me guessing if he is even real.

A light smile breaks across his face. "I'll follow you anywhere, Hailey." My eyebrows furrow as a playful glare takes it's place on my face.

I bite the inside of my cheek and look down. "I've never had anyone say something that like to me."

I feel his hand cup my cheek, pulling my eyes to meet his.

"I'll say it over and over again just for you to believe it." He murmurs.

A smile tinges my lips, making them turn upward. "Just kiss me again, you idiot." I whisper, my voice falling faint.

And so he does.

——————

"I know how to stop the war." Clarke says as we reenter the dripship. I glance behind her and notice Lincoln on the floor.

"What happened?" I ask.

"If I can stabilise him," Clarke says looking back at Lincoln. "We might be able to stop the war."

I nod my head. "Help him, you can help the other reapers." I say, voicing her thoughts.

She nods, "Exactly, but I need my mum." She winces.

I sigh, "Okay, but who's going to go see the commander?" I ask, eyeing Lincoln again.

Clarke is silent as she stares at me. "I was hoping you would do it."

My eyebrows furrow. "Me?"

She nods. "It makes sense, you've been the grounder's biggest ally since the moment we landed. They already trust you." She says.

I look down, unconsciously fiddling with my necklace.

"Okay." I say after a moment.

"No," Bellamy says, glaring at me. "No way are you going into the heart of grounder territory in the middle of a war."

I sigh and turn to him. "Come on, Bell, I'll be fine."

He stares at me for a moment before sighing. "Don't go unarmed."

I press my lips together. "I won't." I lie.

——————

I walk into Camp Jaha with Clarke by my side. The plan was that she'd grab her mother and take her to the dropship, while I would go to the commander.

No pressure.

Clarke stops and grabs my arm before engulfing me in a hug.

"Be careful, Hailey." She murmurs into my shoulder.

I nod, not saying anything before separating from her.

She stares at me for a second, willing to say something else but decides not to and backs away.

I watch her go and she turns around and walks towards the ark.

I take in a deep breath and turn to face the gates. Willing for my heartbeat to die down and for my nervousness to subside.

I nod to the gate worker and walk through the gate, straight towards the tents that lay at the bottom of the hill in front of the ark.

I am stopped by guards at the front.

"Nou, whi laik yu hir?" Stop, why are you here? One of them asks, their blade dangerously close to my throat.

I raise my chin and take a step forward, letting the blade pierce my neck. "Ai hir kom skep kom heda." Im here to speak with the commander.

Their eyes narrow as they watch me closely. "Teik hea en." Let her in. A voice sounds inside the tent.

They glance at each other before withdrawing the blade from my neck and letting me enter the tent.

"Heda," I say, bowing my head.

"Haelee kom skaikru." She says, twirling her knife that is on the arm of her throne. "What is it that you want?" She asks, her black eye makeup making her gaze all the more eerie.

"I want to stop the war." I say, taking a step forward, causing the woman beside her to take up arms.

The commander holds up her hand, stopping her. "And why would I agree to that?" She asks, raising her eyebrow.

I raise my chin. "Because I know how to cure the reapers."

"Impossible!" The woman to the right of the commander yells out. "You are a liar!"

"Indra!" The commander yells out, her voice booming through the tent with authority. Indra glances at her but keeps her icing stare fixed on me and she backs away. "Indra is right through," She says, standing. "You could be lying." She takes a step towards me.

"I could be." I say, causing her to narrow her eyes. "But what would my play be then? I'm surrounded by an army, outnumbered." I say. "Although a warriors death is an honourable one, there is such thing as stupidity."

A light smile graces her lips. "You are as wise as I've been told, Hailey."

"You've heard of me?" I ask, tilting my head.

"Of course, you're Jusdreinheda." She smiles. At the look of my confusion. "The commander of bloodshed."

——————
A/N
HOLY SHIT
i'm so proud of myself for that one
also i'm so tempted to just have her fall out with Bellamy and make out with Lexa and Clarke
hmmmmm sadly not
(maybe though)
anyway, please eat and drink something because you are loved,
Abigail

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 6.1K 24
Cora was very well known in the ark, when she and 99, plus one, others were sent to the ground she struggled to adapt to the new surroundings as did...
655K 15.4K 18
"It's like a hurricane; therefore you can't stop it, you endure it." In a post - apocalyptic world, thousands of those apart of the human rac...
27.1K 540 29
"๐™ˆ๐™š๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™›๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ง๐™จ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ." OR ใ€Œ๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๏ฟฝ...
7.6K 269 30
Jaycee is going on an intense journey through the post-apocalyptic world, where the struggle for survival becomes increasingly desperate. With the h...