The Boy In Her Dreams

By Benzita13

Who would have thought changing schools could be the strangest thing to ever happen? No one, of course! But s... More

Author's note
🌺 PROLOGUE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER ONE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWO 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THREE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER FOUR 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER FIVE 🌺
🌺CASTS🌺
🌺 CHAPTER SIX🌺
🌺 CHAPTER SEVEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER NINE🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER ELEVEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWELVE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTEEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER FOURTEEN 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER FIFTEEN 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER SIXTEEN 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER SEVENTEEN 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER EIGHTEEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER NINETEEN 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY ONE🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY TWO🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY THREE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY SIX🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY NINE🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY ONE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY TWO 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY THREE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY SIX 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY NINE 🌺
🌺 EPILOGUE 🌺

🌺 CHAPTER EIGHT 🌺

104 39 5
By Benzita13

EVAN'S POV:

Climbing out of my Dad's SUV, I walked lazily into the house. All I wanted was to go up straight into my room and do nothing more but lay on my bed and continuously stare at the ceiling.

I pushed the door open to see the few maids my father hired doing their respective works.

"Good afternoon mas."  I greeted, not caring to spare them a glance. Though, I could hear their scoffs.

A voice followed, greeting as well. I climbed lazily up the stairs and when about to enter my room, I heard a voice call my name.

Rolling my eyes, I followed the voice and found myself in the kitchen.

"Good afternoon." I greeted, reluctantly. I felt a painful sting on my cheek all of a sudden.

"–Ma. I've always told you to add ma or mum when greeting me. Obviously, we're not mates." Caroline said, looking at scornfully.

"Can I go now?" I asked, trying not to look pained by the hot slap I had received.

She looked at me in dismay. "When you're done changing out of your uniform come downstairs and clean this house, along with your sister." She said. I raised a brow and gave a short glance at the maids supposedly doing their work, my anger rising.

"Clean the house?! Why do you think we have maids?!" I yelled, feeling anger all of a sudden.

"Do I look like I care you good for nothing child?! I don't know why your dad still lets you mad dogs live here!!". I dragged her by her collar angrily, getting her startled.

"Don't you dare fight me. I am your mother!" She yelled.

"Correction, Step-mother." I smiled. Pulling out a knife slowly, I left it dangling on my hand. "You know I'm not a sane person. If you're not careful I'll be the dea––".

Loud music played from the sitting room all of a sudden and I dropped my bag and jumped out of the kitchen with glee, feeling hyper.

"Focus!" I yelled as I hopped towards the TV. Laughing, I danced to the beat of the song until it came to an end.

I smiled and winked at Caroline as I grabbed my school bag and went back up the stairs.

Tossing my bag at a random direction as soon as I got to my room, I collapsed on my bed.

"Why is life always full of disappointments?" I sighed. A minute later, I stood up to take off my clothes.

As I changed into my casuals, my gaze fell on an old picture glued on the top  of my drawer. I walked towards it slowly and carressed the girl in the picture.

"What happened to you Ann?" I sighed. A tear drop rolled down my cheek as I stared at the picture.

A true friend gone forever, maybe not physically but emotionally and mentally she was.

                                    •°•°•
As I did my assignments, I heard a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I asked, getting up to open the door.

"It's Sharon!" She yelled. I opened the door for her quickly and let her come in.

"Dad's back home." She said. I nodded and went back to continue my assignment.

Shortly after, I was called. I ran down the stairs and saw my father seated on a sofa in the living room with Caroline resting her head on his laps.

"Good evening Sir." I greeted.

"Evening". He said, resting his scourching gaze on me.

"Come and stand here." He said angrily, pointing at a space near him. Reluctantly, I took slow strides to the area.

Here we go again!

"I got home today only to hear that you slapped Caroline and injured her with a knife!!" He yelled.

I laughed, glancing at her as she now sat on the sofa, using her phone. "Dad, I did no such thing."

"And why would I believe you?! You already caused her to go through an operation!". He yelled.

"Dad! I had nothing to do with that!!".

"Yes, you did! Just like the death of your mother!!".

"Dad, I don't even see how all this is related to why you called me here. I didn't injure Caroline neither did I slap her. Infact, she slapped me!".

"Shut up!" He yelled, slapping me hard on my cheek."How many times have I told you never to call her by her name. She's your step mother and she deserves respect. Treat like she's your mum!".

"Why would I? Someone that doesn't care the least about children and finds ways to make their lives miserable is who you want me to take as a mother?" I smiled.

"Stop smiling you idiot!" He yelled and landed the cane he held harshly onto my skin. I gave a stoic expression as I let him flog me with glee.

"You know what–Sharon, come here!!" He yelled. Sharon, who was unusually quiet, scurried towards him.

"Stress out your hand!" He instructed. Once Sharon did so, he began to flog her.

"Stop! Why are you flogging Sharon?!" I yelled.

"Because this is the only way I would make you regret your actions and give respect to your elders by force!" He yelled. Tears streamed down Sharon's cheeks as Dad continued to flog her and it felt as if my heart had shattered into pieces.

I hated seeing my twin cry.

Out of anger, I dragged Sharon by her other arm, opened the door and walked out of house not caring or knowing where I was going. I just wanted us out of there.

"Evan, where are we going?!" Sharon asked in fear.

"Shut up!" I yelled and continued walking.

Few minutes later, I stopped in front of a storey building and leaned on the gate, trying to make my breathing even again.

I watched Sharon as she sat on the ground and leaned on the gate, clutching her legs to her chest, her face was covered as she laid her head on it, still, I could hear light sobs.

I crouched down to her level and moved my hands lightly on her hair. "I'm sorry Dad made you cry. And I'm sorry I made you cry too. If it wasn't for me, Dad wouldn't have flogged you.".

"That's not why I'm crying." She sobbed.

I stared at her confused. "Why then?".

"Ann doesn't remember us, Evan. She forgot you, me. She promised us, Evan, that she would come back, she never did. Is it so wrong to befriend a person with a bipolar disorder? How are we so different from the other kids out there? No one wants to associate with us." She sobbed. I wiped the tears away from her cheeks with both my thumbs.

"Stop crying, Sharon. I thought we were over this." I said. "At least we know Ann's okay. She still remembers, I know she does. She couldn't have forgotten us, though circumstances might have made her to.".

She looked up at me slowly. "Do you miss Ann?".

"Of course.". I said. "I never stopped missing her. She sure was a brave person, befriending a physcho." I smirked and stared into space. "And she always seemed to understand me, no matter my mood, she was never scared.".

"What if she hates me?" Sharon said, all of a sudden.

"She wouldn't." I said, shaking my head.

"She would, first impression matters alot and mine was a complete fail."

"I did warn you to stop acting the way you did at school.".
There was a brief period of silence, before Sharon decided to speak. "Let's go home, Evan. It's really late.".

I nodded and began to walk towards the direction of our house. I brought out my phone from my trouser pocket and used it as a torchlight. Suddenly, I heard a hissing sound and murmurs. I moved my torchlight left and right to see a group of dangerous men heading our way.

I grabbed Sharon by the hand and took to my heels, running as fast as I could with the men running after us.

I increased my pace and took a quick glance at Sharon who tried to keep up.

Finally, we got to the house gate. I let go of Sharon's hand to unlock it and ran inside once it was open. I got into the house and when I turned to let Sharon. . .she wasn't there.

"Sharon?!".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.8K 28.6K 53
❥︎𝓑𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓖𝓸𝓵𝓭𝓮𝓷 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼❥︎ To students of Trinity Academy, Kam is the golden boy with an infectious personality and la...
9.2K 1.9K 46
"Roses are dead, violets are dying; outside I'm smiling but inside I'm crying" "Conceal, don't feel, put on a show Make one wrong move and everyone w...
709K 11.2K 88
Stray kids x female reader
27.7K 6.1K 48
Following the wealthy and prestigious hidden society in Nigeria and their children who attend Islanders High. The third book of the Islanders series...