the fall of icarus, edward cu...

By elviqssvvv

"like fire and powder, which as they kiss, consume." More

the, end as we know it.
one. welcome home.
two. fresh starts.
three. pleasure to meet you.
four. enough with the warnings already.
five. friendships are good right?
six. never again.
seven. unexpected guests.
nine. friends, and family
ten. familiarity, at last
eleven. scary stories
twelve. the cold ones
thirteen. the meadow

eight. deep, dark regret

111 8 0
By elviqssvvv

008.

DEEP DARK
REGRETS

: ̗̀➛

They made their way out of the movie theatre, it wasn't the best film but Alena enjoyed chatting to Angela during it.

"Why did you buy tickets to a gory zombie film Jess, I had to look away at all the violence"

This was in fact true Bella had her eyes shut most of the film in general, Alena was surprised she even saw any of it.

"I didn't even buy the tickets okay, it was Mike but now he wasn't even there to watch the stupid film"

Jess had the biggest crush on Mike yet would never tell him, it was surprising he never noticed. But then again Alena saw the way he stared at Bella, and the annoyance radiating of Jess as he did so. But still would never let on about how she felt to either of them.

Jess and Bella continued bickering as they began walking to the restaurant they booked down the road.

"They're like an old couple the way they argue" Alena laughed and nodded in agreement, Angela walked beside her sharing her amusement.

The girls infront twisted around and gave both of them a warning look. They couldn't hold back their laughter after that.

It had been such a long time since Alena had been in Port Angeles, she had missed the little picturesque post card town.

That's when she remembered her most favourite part about this place, their bookshop. Just the thought filled her with joy, she remembered the hours spent there immersing herself in the shelves and the smell, ah the smell of new books.

Suddenly she had an awful desire to just go back there and relive those happy moments. Maybe it's still there, well she's here now may as well give it a look.

"Hey guys do you mind if I take a quick walk around here, I've missed it so much and feel like reminiscing" Alena spoke more to Bella than anyone.

Angela began to nod her head in encouragement, then suddenly stopped when Bella began talking.

"Alena it's dark and cold, we've got a table booked why are you so adamant on going for a walk now just go at the weekend" Bella certainly was not understanding.

"It's fine, you guys go on don't worry I will meet you at the restaurant in twenty minutes tops, I feel like stretching my legs"

Bella started to protest but Jess cut her off.

"It's fine Bella leave her to it, if she wants to freeze let her" Jess snickered at her own remark and turned back around.

"Do you want me to come with you, if you don't that's fine as well though"

Although it was very sweet of Angela this was something Alena had to do alone. She hasn't walked at night alone since that dreadful night in Phoenix, this was something she simply had to do.

She shook her head reassuringly at Angela and she just nodded and caught up with the other girls, who had already walked on.

Alena did feel bad though leaving Angela with those two, it was like leading a lamb to slaughter.

As they departed Alena walked through these wistful streets recalling her summers here.

Bella and herself giggling and running, no where in particular just as far as their legs could take them.

She felt I sudden pang of guilt at how things had turned out, what used to be, now no more. They believed they would live side by side forever, maybe that was the naivety that shrouds childhood.

Also of course her trips here with Jacob they would simply talk for hours, he would tell her fascinating stories of tribe legends from long ago.

She would feel like she could sit and listen for an eternity, at each new folklore he would endear her with.

There was a biting wind now that she didn't feel before, it clawed and scraped at her skin. She was determined, to find it and she would.

There was a clear image in her mind of the bookshop and it's postition, although how to get there evaded her. Faint ideas flickered through her head, she walked through the mainstreet and past the shops.

The streets grew quieter now almost eerily so. Entertainment that spilled out from bars toppled onto the street, for a few moments returning it to it's usual lively self.

As she walked, there were faint rustles and hushed footsteps traipsing along behind her.

She could feel them, when she turned they slunk back into the shadows of which they emerged. It was her mind playing tricks on her of course it was.

But all along she was right there was someone following, imitating her steps like her own shadow quietened movements making them oblivious to the girl.

They were hungry, ravenous. She was so enticing simply to good to resist. Her blood warm, sweet like dew on a spring morning fresh and delicate.

His throat scratched and clawed at the urge to sink his pristine, guilty teeth into her and drain her of these riches in which she lured him with.

Edward sped, exceeding any speed limit that may have been in place. He scoured the streets desperately, inch by inch looking for her.

He began tuning into individual thoughts, hoping just maybe someone anyone had seen a glimpse of her.

The sun had reached just below the horizon it's last golden embers lighting the town. If he wanted to find her he had to go on foot.

The car pulled over and he waited a few moments, for the sun to sink just below a cloud bank making sure he would not be seen. That's when he heard his thoughts.

Alena thought she was coming across a familiar turf of land, in following it she turned down an alley to the paths behind the mainstreet.

Soon though she realised this was not where she was supposed to be, the sun no longer illuminating the sky darkness came over her like a blanket.

She turned to retrace her steps back towards the way she had came, and she saw him.

He stood so still watching her, he did not utter a single word nor move a single limb he simply stared.

A wicked grin pinned on his harsh face was adjoined by pools of blood red eyes. Eyes like she had never seen, they were impossibly red.

He erupted into laughter at the fear swimming across her face. Terror took hold of her, she tried to run but as she did so she realised it was utterly hopeless.

His figure moved impossibly fast and clutched onto her arms. They were like iron locks against her fragile frame, it felt as if he would snap them in half, in an instant.

"Do you have any idea how good you smell?" he murmured as his nose traced across her neck.

A scream was strangled in her throat too coarse to amount to enough sound. Somehow words made their way out "Please, what do you want from me please let me go. "

A low chuckle erupted from him as if this was somehow amusing for him, just a game he knew he was going to win.

"Oh not much, I won't hurt you it will all be very quick and painless. " the amusement still stuck against his tone.

Alena writhed in horror at his words, the more she moved the more her arms felt as though they would snap off effortlessly.

"You know what, I think I'll do them a favour and just kill you now, I don't think I can spare you a moment longer."

A mischievous grin danced across his perfectly placed features. His pale face of stark contrast to the hanging shadows. White like exposed bone.

Her limbs were growing tired of wriggling against an impossible force. She couldn't bare it, her vision became a blur as his grip tightened around her.

Phoenix was all she could think of, the dusk streets and quiet nights. This all felt far too similar the way his lock gripped terrifyingly tight. The chalky white complexion, his deep garnet eyes.

His nose continued to snake along her neck laughing to himself menacingly.

"Any last words?"

"Please... I... please... let me..." Alena choked the words out.

"Oh, god, nevermind. You're taking forever." His lips brushed against her pulse.

"Get the hell off of her!" A new voice interrupted the dynamic now. A voice Alena had never been so happy to hear. A voice of relief.

A low growl rippled through the air, she couldn't process if the sound made it's way from Edward or the attacker.

Alena's arms were dropped in that instant, her body falling at the pure force of it.

Something suddenly hit her hard, but not the damp asphalt beneath. Her head cracked and she let out a cry.

Now something cold and solid was pinning her to the ground. It was all a sudden daze. She felt his presence before she even needed to see him.

Two long white hands curled round her body, craddling her against his chest before any more damage could be done. He moved so fast his actions were a blur to her human eyesight.

Before she realised anything else, she heard Edward's low frantic voice.

"Alena are you ok, did he hurt you?"

His words were pleading, begging the topaz of his eyes turned dark, as dark as the shadows that surrounded them.

"Edward, I'm fine I.. I don't know what happened how did you-" her muddled words fell out of her mouth.

As she spoke though a sharp burst of pain rippled through her head, causing her to cry out.

"My head ow, I think I hit it when he ran off" the pain was much worse than she let on.

He gently sat her up slightly, so she was facing him while his hand extended round her head.

"Can you walk, my car is around the corner, I am so sorry Alena"

As she stared, his sorrow ached from every surface across his face. His lips formed a stiff line, making her want to reach up and rub it out with her fingers.

He was not to blame here, it certainly was not his fault.

"Alena seeing as you hit your head quite badly, I want to take you to my father there he can check your injury and make sure nothing serious is wrong"

Alena couldn't quite talk with all the throbbing in her head, she simply nodded and let her body mould against his as he carried her back to his car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

673K 33.8K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
249K 8.8K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
621K 18.7K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
1.1M 20.2K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...