Pains of Amara(Completed)

By Adaririchichi

~FEATURED IN WATTPAD'S FRIEND'S AND FAMILY READING LIST--CELEBRATING BLACK HISTORY MONTH, AND ALWAYS WITH YOU... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105

Chapter 102

387 71 10
By Adaririchichi

Raphael buried his face down wards with his hands resting on the table in front of him.
He didn't know how long he had been thinking but his thoughts ran wild.
Nicole was avoiding him and it hurt him deeply. The only reason he killed Tobi was because the brute was forcing himself on her. Rape was something he could never tolerate.
Sex should be by consent not by force. He wasn't just forcing himself on any woman, the motherfucker was forcing himself on his woman.

And he had to teach him a lesson. A capital lesson. Now Nicole was avoiding him like a plague. He only did that to protect her. Her staying away from him was equivalent to starving him of food and water. He wanted to hold her in his arms and tell her a million times how much he loved her but she was avoiding him like he had leprosy.
His love life was going hay wire and now he will have to leave for Italy soon.

Ivan Fedorov, the Don of the Russian Mafia, was really getting on his nerves.
Hijacking goods worth millions of dollars was something that made his blood boiled whenever he remembered it. He needed to go back and take charge of his underworld.

But Nicole, how could he leave without her?
Raphael groaned in annoyance and shot his head up when his blue eyes locked with Nicole's dark brown eyes. She was standing by the doorway.

He quickly bolted up and went closer to her. Nicole didn't even wait for him to be in close range with her before throwing herself at him, hugging and whimpering.

He combed her dark hair with his hands and embraced her too, relishing the feel of her warm,soft body on his.
"I'm sorry Raphael"Nicole apologised in a whisper as she kept on sobbing.

"Why are you apologising bella?"

Nicole pulled out of the embrace and her sobs increased. "I shouldn't have stayed away from you. I did it for a fucking one week. I'm so sorry Raph. I know you did all that to save me. Tobi shouldn't have forced himself on me. I am really sorry for avoiding you and..."

Raphael listened to the young women's ramble and he quickly placed his lips on hers, shutting her up and swallowing her sobs. Nicole froze for a second as a result of the surprise kiss but her body immedately relaxed and she parted her lips to deepen the kiss whilst wrapping her hands around his neck.
He pulled her closer to his body with the kiss slowly becoming hot and intense, both of them satisfying their cravings for each other.

They both pulled out of the kiss, breathing fast and staring at each other with broad smiles on their faces. "I love you"Nicole said as she hugged him once more.

"And I love you too ok. I missed you"He replied, planting kisses on her hair.

"I missed you too. Promise me we will never stay away from each other again"Nicole childishly whined as she pulled out of his embrace and stretched her palms out to him.

"I should be telling you to promise me that. You were the one who ran away from me"Raphael said with a raised brow.

Nicole laughed quietly. "Promise me still"she insisted.

"I promise bella. We will never stay away from each other. Ever again. And you know I keep my promises"Raphael said with a wink before taking hold of her hands.

Nicole blushed at him and nodded her head.
"Besides Nicole, how did you know I was here?" Raphael asked as they walked out of the conference room together, hands locked.

He took her by the hand and led her to his room, where they could get their privacy noticing his men were parading the entire vicinity.

"Well I just asked a couple of men I saw when I was coming upstairs. I was truly scared Raph. I secretly prayed they wouldn't shoot me"

"Shoot you?"Raphael asked with an amused expression.

"Ofcourse. Your men look so dangerous"Nicole replied with a slight nod.
He opened to the door to his room and they both stepped inside. Nicole sat on the king sized bed and laid backwards whilst Raphael opened the mini refrigator, bringing out some grapes and apples in a large spherical plate.

He placed them on a wooden stool and brought it closer to the bed.
He took a short vine of grape and handed it to Nicole who at that time sat up. She collected with a smile and laid back on his head, savouring the cold tasty fruit. Raphael laid down with her and took some grape fruits.

"Raphael"Nicole called out.
He leaned over her, using an arm to support his body and kissed her neck. Nicole literally shivered as a result of his lips on her neck.

"Yes baby"he whispered as he kept on kissing and sucking her neck.
Her mind had started becoming hazy. Just the touch of his lips on her body got her brewing with so many arousing sensations.

One of the main reason she came here was to inform him of her dad plans to get her married. She knew her dad would respect her decision if she showed him the man she truly loved.

"He wants to get me married to someone"Nicole said after much hesitation.
He stopped his kisses and brought his face to meet hers.

"Who?"

"My dad. He wants me to get married to one of his business colleague's son"

Nicole watched as Raphael's jaws clenched. He stopped hovering over her and sat up, Nicole following suit.
Was he angry?

"Are you angry?"

"I am not amore mio" Raphael reassured with his gaze softened on hers.

"I don't want to get married to him raph"

"You won't. You will be fully mine by tomorrow"Raphael huskily said.

Nicole felt confused at the same time felt her cheeks heat with blush.
"What do you mean raph?"

"Just watch and see ok. You won't get married to anyone apart from me"Raphael reassured once more before kissing her and pulling her back to the bed.

* * * * * * * * * *

"Amarachi, my darling,are you sure you have packed everything?"Mrs linda asked, scrutinising the two travel bags, standing next to the sofa.
Amarachi walked downstairs clutching to her handbag.

"Yes mum. I am"Amarachi said with her sigh for the umpteenth time to her mother. Mrs Linda gave her a soft smile and hugged her when she was in close range with her.

"I'll miss you my princess"She said softly.
"And I'm going to miss you so much mum. Literally everybody"Amarachi replied before pulling out.
Amarachi couldn't have asked for a better family. Mrs linda never for once made her feel like she wasn't her birth mother. She gave both Nicole and Amarachi equal love and attention. Amarachi had always wished for a mother's love when she saw how Lydia would always pamper Ogechi and God did answer her prayer and gave her a second mother in the form of Mrs Linda.
She truly couldn't have wished for a more better family.

Today was the day she would be heading to Enugu with Jordan. Their flight was scheduled by four in the evening and it was twelve. Jordan had told her to pack on time so they could beat the terrible lagos traffic and not miss their flight.

"Amara I can't believe you are literally going. Is it two weeks already?"Nicole cried out as she went over to hug her sister.

Amarachi patted her back.
Pulling back, she stared at Nicole with so much love in her eyes. This same girl was the girl that once loathed her entire being but now her hatred had melted into genuine love and affection. She couldn't have wished for a better sister.
"Yes Nicole. I said I'll be leaving in two weeks time and this is the second week. I'll miss you to be honest. I truly will"

Nicole hugged her once more before pulling out.

Amarachi felt so anxious and nervous. Going back to the state to meet the same people who made sure to inflict pains on her was frightening and exciting. She badly wanted to watch aunty Lydia's reaction when she saw that her plan to have her killed had failed.

Nicole on the other hand couldn't help her agitated, anxious mind. Raphael told her yesterday that she would be his by today. What did he mean?
She anticipated for his action and couldn't help but eagerly wait for his arrival in their home.
But in the mean time it was best to tell her dad about him and her feelings for him.

"Dad. I have something to tell you"Nicole began, her voice doused in apprehension.

She went over to sit by him on the sofa. "It's about my marriage to Noah. I don't want him dad"
Her father sighed and faced her.
"Again with this? You need to move on and Noah is a good person. He will treat you right. Just give him a chance"

Nicole shook her head at him. "I love somebody else dad. I can't be with Noah. Do you want me to marry a man I don't love?"
Her response attracted stares from everyone present.

Mrs linda moved to her daughter with itching ears. "Who do you love darling?"

Amarachi knew it was Raphael. She felt so excited that her sister would finally open up to everyone.
Nicole was about speaking when the gate of their house opened with a sonorous sound and a black Mercedes-Benz pulled inside.

Nicole quickly went to the window and peered outside the curtains.
Her heart skipped a beat and she felt those familair butterfly fluttering inside her. It was Raphael.

She quickly went over to her dad, beaming with smiles.
"Who is that?"Mrs Linda asked as she was about going over to check by the window but the doorbell rang which stoped her in her tracks.
Nicole quickly scurried over to open the door and hugged Raphael immedately she saw him.

Her parents were surprised by her sudden display of affection towards the young barrister.
"Did you miss me this much?"Raphael asked with a chuckle.

"Don't let your head swell"Nicole teasingly replied.

"Won't you let the guest come in Nicole?"Mrs Linda asked.

Nicole had totally forgotten they were still standing by the doorway. She took him by the hand and led him inside before closing the door.

"Goodafternoon Chief and Mrs Linda"Raphael greeted formally like he had come for a business deal.

"How are you son? It's such a pleasant surprise to see you here"chief victor replied while Mrs Linda gave him her warm welcoming smile.

"Dad, mum, this is the man I love"Nicole confessed as she interlocked hands with Raphael.

The confession really hit her parents like a comet. They stared at each other in confusion. "Nicole I thought both of you never got along?"Mrs linda asked.

"Yes at the beginning. She was just being very stubborn but I really love your daughter"Raphael replied.
Nicole couldn't help the blush spreading to her cheeks.

"Wow this is...wow..it was totally not what I expected"her dad began short of words to say.

"Dad I really don't want to get married to Noah. I love Raphael so much. I want to be with him"Nicole cried out with pleading eyes to her father.

"I won't be an obstruction to my daughters happiness. I never knew you had someone else in mind to be honest. I'll talk to Noah and his father. I'll tell them you already have someone you want. Since you both want each other then you both should be with each other. You have I and your mother's support"

Nicole felt so elated. She immedately went over to hug her father. "Thank you so much dad. I knew you would understand me"

Raphael went over to her and slid his arms around her waist."Thank you so much chief. I'll love to talk to Nicole privately if you don't mind"

Nicole furrowed her brows at him but shrugged her shoulders and took him to the kitchen.
"My fiesty kitten. I've never seen you this happy"Raphael said to her once they were in the kitchen. She closed the door and turned to face him.

"You really look so beautiful when you smile Nicole"
Nicole blushed and looked down. She always felt shy whenever she was with Raphael.

Raphael sighed and came closer to her, crossing the distance between both of them.
"All my life Nicole, I had always loved it when people addressed me as someone without a heart. It gave me satisfaction to know people trembled because of my name and how cruel I could be"
Nicole brought her face up to meet his as he was talking. She shuddered at first, hearing him say those words.

"Nicole I won't lie to you. You know who I am and what I do. Yes I've killed people. You've witnessed that. I have done brutal things that I don't regret not even a little bit. Growing up wasn't easy for me. I was rich but my family was a mess. At age 10 my dad started teaching me how to use a gun. He started by training me to shoot dead bodies. I remembered the first day I couldn't do it. I was scared. The body was badly mutilated and the pungent smell made me throw up. My dad flogged me with an iron belt and made me do it again. And when i still couldn't shoot, do you know what he did to me?"

Nicole shook her head in fear.
"He locked me in the room with that dead body. I had never felt so scared in my life. He said I was being too weak and he would have to punish me"

Nicole gasped, using her hands to cover her mouth. That was terrible. He was just a child. How could he do that to his own child?

"My father made me become this. He made me into this. He brought me up with so much cruelty like I wasn't even his son. At the age of twelve, I was already used to handling the gun. I also became more violent and distant from people. I stopped coming back to Africa to visit my cousins and whenever they came to italy, I didn't want them to associate with me either" He paused and glanced at Nicole who looked as scared as a mouse.

"Nicole I'm not telling you this to make you scared of me ok. You are the light in my dark world. I thought I could never fall inlove till I met you. I thought I was just an empty human body. Not until you came into my life. You are everything I want to be. You are my love. I am not a perfect man Nicole. I am not a soft person either. I love dominance. If you don't listen to me, I'll make you listen to me because you are mine.
Throw me everything, all your frustration, anger, sadness, punch me if you want but don't ever distance yourself from me or stop loving me Nicole. I can't promise to give you the perfect life but I do promise to love you with every fibre in me and never leave you. Nicole I love you so much. You've become a very integral part of my life. I truly want to have you by my side"

Nicole felt her face turn scarlet red by Raphael's words. That was so emotional. It was so touching and beautiful. She didn't even know how to respond. It was literally the most beautiful thing anyone had ever told her.
Raphael took out an engagement box from his pocket and opened it to her. Nicoles eyes widened and a few drops tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Will you marry me amore mio?"
He said it with all genuineness and sincerity.

"Yes I'll raph!"Nicole exclaimed before hugging him tightly.
She was sobbing and smiling when she pulled out. He put in the ring in her finger and she examined it.

Her jaws dropped when she scrutinised it. This ring was expensive. It was a pomellato rose and white gold nudo diamond ring.
This cost as much as six million.
"Raphael this ring cost six million if not more. It's expensive. Why did you pay that much for just a ring?"

"I'll get you the best items Nicole don't even worry about that shit. I actually wanted to buy a pragnell plantinum masterpiece diamond ring but it was sold out so I bought the second most expensive"

If there was a word for being over-suprised then Nicole's face had that look."What the fuck. That ring cost fifty million plus. I don't even spend money like this Raphael" Nicole chided.
She actually felt special knowing that Raphael was willing to spend this much for her.

"Don't worry about the money baby. I'll get you the best out of the best because you are the best"Raphael said before planting a tender kiss on her lips.

"I love you Raphael"

"I love you too bella. Nicole we will have to get married soon you know"

"Ofcourse. probably by the next month or so..."

"No like I mean very soon like the day after tomorrow"Raphael said cutting her off.

"What!? Are you insane!?"Nicole exclaimed.
"I'm so sorry it's coming fast bella. I have to be in italy this week and I can't think of travelling without my Nicole. So I want to take you back to my home with me as my wife"

"Oh my gosh. Raphael this is too fast. How can we plan everything in just today and tomorrow?"Nicole wailed.

"We can have a court wedding bella" Raphael replied.

Nicole frowned at him. "Fine. But we will still have a reception after the court wedding. Raphael this is so not fair. I feel like punching you!"

Raphael chuckled at her. "I said it earlier you can punch me if you want. I'm really sorry for the rush my love. Dontworry I'll make all the arrangements ok. We will have a simple but lavish reception. Just pick a location"

"How can I stay mad at you? Hot jerk"
She sighed and kissed him.
"That means we have a lot of work on our hands. Come on lets go tell my parents"
Nicole and Raphael interlocked hands as they walked out of the kitchen together.

"Oh Jordan you are here already"Nicole said to Jordan whose face was on his phone.

He looked up and smiled at her.
"Yes. I came since actually. Amarachi said she wouldn't leave until she sees you so we waited. Raphael, it's so good to see you again"

"You too brother"he replied with a smile.
Jordan and Amarachi noticed the ring on Nicole's finger and Amarachi couldn't just hide how happy she was for her sister. Her face was radiating with smiles.

"Dad, mum, Raphael proposed to me"Nicole said shyly.
Her mother exclaimed for joy and hugged her whilst her father congratulated Raphael.

"And we will be getting married the day after tomorrow"Nicole dropped the bomb.
Everybody faces moved from joy to surprise.
"That is too fast. Why the rush?"Her dad asked.

"I'll be travelling back to italy this week. And I need to take her with me. I'm so sorry for the rush. It was really not my intention to rush it. We agreed on having a court wedding with a reception"

"So I won't get to attend my sister's wedding"Amarachi said sadly.
Nicole went over to her and hugged her. "I'm so sorry sis it was really unplanned. But um you can watch via video call you know. It will still be like you are there. I'm really sorry sis"

Amarachi nodded her head and smiled at her. "Congratulations Nicole. I'm really happy for you"

"Congratulations Raphael. Please treat her well and take care of her"Jordan said as he went over to hug Raphael.

"Amarachi we will have to be on our way now ok. I wish you both a very happy married life"Jordan added as he took Amarachi's handbag from her.
Amarachi quickly went over to hug her mum, dad and Nicole once again.
"I'll miss you all. I also wish you a happy married life sis. I love you ok"

"I love you too Amarachi. Jordan take care of my sister for all of us please"

"That's not a problem. Amarachi come let's go. Lagos traffic can make a journey of two hours into two days"Jordan teasingly said.

Amarachi baded everyone farewell and walked outside with Jordan. Her travelbags had already been put in the boot and Jordan's driver was already seated, eagerly waiting for them.

They entered the car and the driver ignited the engine.
Now she was going back to Enugu, to her hometown. The thought of stepping her foot back in that state got knots tying up in her stomach but she had to, she had to unravel the mysteries surrounding her birth and find out what really happened to her mother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.2K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...