Level And Life | KTH ✓

By myfav_tae

"Welcome to the world of Zendar!" "If you're an adventure seeker, then this game is for you. You can experien... More

Level And Life
Characters
Prologue
1. Calm before the Storm
2. The Game
3. Ready, Set, Go!
4. How worst it can get?
5. In the Woods
6. First Fight
7. Emotions
8. Bring it On!
9. Blue
10. This Magic Moment
11. Watch Out!
12. It's not over yet
13. Far from the Ground
14. Shadow
15. Fake
16. Reality in Dreams
17. The Painting
18. Don't go there!
19. Mirror, Mirror on the Wall
20. Fear the Dark
21. Sinister
22. Horror, Horror Everywhere!
23. The Evil Spirit
24. A Merry Moment
25. Melancholy
26. Hope
27. Sinking Heart(s)
28. Together, BAM!
29. Roses & Thorns
30. Promise
31. Dark & Wild
32. A Hell of a Ride
33. Forsaken
34. Reversal
35. Zero O'Clock
36. Awake
37. Playtime
38. Let Down
39. Wavering Sentiments
40. War of Arcane
41. Enchanted
43. You Matter
44. United by Love
45. Trust Issues
46. My Heart Will Go On
47. Hold Me Tight
Epilogue
From the Author

42. Friends

63 9 52
By myfav_tae

"Raise the gate!"

The General who was clad in royal black clothes lifted both of his arms as he commanded.

Jungkook positioned himself in a fighting stance, his hands tightly balled into fists, veins were evident on his arms and neck, his irises shining bright grey in anticipation.

Through the dark, and the fading mist, there walked a being, a grey light carried along with him.

And when it came to Jungkook's view, he had to do a double-take because contrary to his expectations, there wasn't an enormous beast or another weird creature, instead, there was merely a man, a man who looked exactly like Jungkook, as if it was his replica — the same jet-black hair as him, same royal grey clothes, in fact, the same intense grey-colored eyes.

The only thing that differentiated them at the moment was that Jungkook wore a veil while the other him didn't.

Both of them circled each other, each one grinning at the tension they had caused in the ambiance. In the span of the moment, the fake Jungkook curled his hand into a fist as he aimed for Jungkook's face.

Jungkook who was still being in denial couldn't catch up with his action due to which as soon as the strong punch collided with his face, he was sent leaping in the air with a swish as he ended up on the ground nearly twenty feet away, and that on his face first, blood dripping from his mouth, staining his veil.

There was a shared exhale from the spectators as they watched in complete disbelief.

That was the moment when Jungkook came to the realization that, his copy was not only the same in his appearance but in powers as well - the amount of power that he had.

Groaning in pain, as Jungkook stood up, he could see the devious smirk that was forming on his opponent's lips.

As they charged at each other with great intensity, Jungkook swiftly ducked the second blow which was about to hurt his shoulder blade, swatting at it with his hand to knock it away.

"Oh yeah?" He yelled as he had that 'are you only capable of this much' look on his face. "Now, it's my turn!" He jumped forward as he sprinted rapidly on top of the barricades and made a perfect three-sixty degree arc in the air, his kick delivered right below the clone's jaw, giving him an uppercut. The replica couldn't gain a hold of himself as he ripped the veil off the Jungkook's face in the process as he crashed to the ground with a thud.

"Face for Face."

Jungkook landed on his feet straight away, a few strands of his jet-black hair hugging his perspiring forehead as they contended with his eyelids, the powerful grey hue glistening in his orbs underneath as he slowly averted up his gaze, his face now full-on display.

"Thanks, it was a bit suffocating anyway."

Seeing the two Jungkooks' facing each other earned an immediate collective gasp from the audience as the two couldn't be interpreted now as who's whom.

Standing dangerously close to his duplicate, Jungkook stared at his keen eyes which were identical to his own. Its glare was as intense as it was peeking deep into his soul.

"An idiot, that is what you truly are," Jungkook was surely taken aback when the other him started to converse in a voice alike to his own. "Are you blind or are you willingly turning upon your eyes from the truth?"

Jungkook found himself confused, still, he stood unaffected with his teeth gritted as he didn't want to show any sign of weakness to his replica.

"What are you talking about? Come straight to the point!"

The fake Jungkook chuckled loudly as he cocked his eyebrow at him. "Do you think your so-called friends are worth your efforts? Do you really think they are worth wasting every single drop of your blood?"

"They're eight of them in total and they all bear superpowers, yet they were simply captured. Does it even makes sense?" Jungkook was just listening as the other him leaned forward with a smirk.

"The fact is that they've just left you for becoming the prey for wild beasts, and used you as an escape way, nothing else."

Jungkook clenched his jaw as light grey energy radiated around his already balled fists. While the perplexed crowd glanced back and forth between the two of them.

"They've abandoned you, Jungkook. They all have abandoned you!" The replica cackled sickeningly as he looked no different from one of those beasts.

"Shut up! Just. Shut. Up." Jungkook's eyes shined to a brighter shade of grey, his neck heated up in fury as he screamingly lunged towards his replica.

Propelling himself high into the air, Jungkook delivered a deadly flying kick to his duplicate's head with a satisfying crunch.

Jungkook was suddenly filled with dread when his replica regained its balance, stretching out his bloody head as if it wasn't fazed at all.

"What?"

"Confused?"

"Amazed?"

"Or...scared?"

"None of your so-called moves will work upon me," The fake Jungkook scoffed as he approached him stealthily.

"I'm a part of yourself. I'm your darkest soul."

"No matter how much you try, you cannot beat me ever because you may be able to beat the numerous monsters, but you cannot beat yourself!" Jungkook's clone smirked hauntingly. "You cannot beat the monster that is a part of yourself, that resides in you!"

With that, the replica struck Jungkook right on his ribs as it made a sickening crunch. Jungkook fell to the ground as he coughed out a pool of blood. The world seemed spinning to him as he grunted in agony.

For a nick of time, he just closed his eyes as he felt no strength left in him to go against the other him and fight him.

He was tired. Too tired of everything.

In that moment of dizziness, he unexpectedly thought about the incident that happened to him at the snowy mountains level, how he barely managed to save his life. Did his friends even make any efforts to save him when he was falling? Did they even try to come searching for him?

Jungkook grasped what his duplicate said was all true. He was right. His friends were just bawling their eyes out like weaklings when they saw him fall that day, and now they had left him alone and ran away, just like cowards.

Jungkook weakly glanced at his other self through his semi-closed eyes, who stand proud and tall, contrary to his own miserable condition.

A sharp pain shot up in Jungkook's head which forced him to close his eyes completely. All he could do in that span of seconds was to think, he thought of other possibilities as well, how his friends were the ones who flashed before his eyes when he was dying that day, how they never left his side since he had got to know each one of them, how they put him first before their own happiness. And who was the one to confirm that they didn't search for him, maybe they came looking for him but couldn't find him, maybe they were actually captured and couldn't reach him.

"You're right. They are not my friends." Jungkook's eyes shone once again as he wobbled up to his feet eventually.

The fake Jungkook who was standing at a distance from him smiled smugly as he turned around.

"They are not just my friends, they are my family, which I chose." The replica's smile started to fade as Jungkook stepped forward. "And now I've realized one thing, they are someones who gives me the total freedom to be myself."

"You think they've abandoned me? Well, it's too late to do that because they've already held my hand for eternity." The previously frightened expression on Jungkook's face had now shifted into the fearless one and his replica's changed from proud and pure evil to nervousness.

"Now talking about the worth, they're more than worth it even if I give up my last drop of blood and your entire fake existence cannot change that fact ever!"

Jungkook took deep breaths as he watched in his state of daze as his replica slowly faded into the thin grey mist.

Cheers rose into the air as the greatest of celebratory firework explosions.

Jungkook was completely drained of energy, he almost lost his balance when a sudden storm came and took him away with it. He was sure of one thing that he saw a bright magenta light before he fell unconscious. 

Author's Note:

How was it? I really tried to keep up with the interaction of Jungkook with the fake one.

I 💜 you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.1K 2.4K 40
This story revolves between : Kim Taehyung : A rich son who is a criminal and has fallen for you who is a police officer. How will Taehyung , a crim...
1.8M 76.8K 58
"Just follow my lead, and we'll learn this together." ✔ ©BadBusanBxtchesOnly 2018 Started: 9/21/2018 Ended: 4/24/2019 1M reads 8/5/2021 💜💜 **🥉3RD...
236K 16.6K 26
That's when I saw it. In the shadows. Movement. I could feel my heart racing. "Mr. Standford?!" I called out hoping it was just him coming to fix so...
3.4K 244 34
Y/N and her other friends, Jimin, Yoongi, and Hoseok came to an Island for their summer vacation. But what will happen when things started to get hea...