Xiaolumi S3: Everything To Me

By Otaku_AriaSnow

"Oh Alatus Nemesis, on the wind your feathers of gold, oh so fair, grasp that light in heavens and conquer al... More

Yaksha's Love
Gifts From The Past
A Red Hot Oni Pt I
A Red Hot Oni Pt 2
Ei's Day Off
Yoohoo~! Lumine's A Target!?
The Stormy Island Mystery PT I
The Stormy Island Mystery PT II
Hear My Song Pt I
Hear My Song Pt II
Hear My Song Pt III
Crane In The Harbor
Old Friends & New Ones
You Are A Mystery, Lumine
Sea Gazer
Combing Rite of Fortune
Beisht
I Will Be Your Only Star
Xiao's Birthday Wish
She Would Have Adored You
A Snake's Wisdom
Soul Bond(LEMON WARNING)
Gorou's Message
Heading For A New Frontier
Enjou
Chariot of the Sun
Enjou's Warning
Ominous Revelations
Forbidden Knowledge
Primordial Goddess of Fate
Lumen De Lumine PT I
Lumen De Lumine PT II
Lumen De Lumine PT III
Safe Here In Your Arms
Saiguu's Sacrifice
Forgive Me, Sister
Something Amiss
Towards The Future
Author Lumine
Sly Old Fox
Warmth
Unexpected Reunion
Flower of Khaenri'ah
Crude Plan
Void and Light
Flowing Like Time
Prof. Aria's Files: Yaksha's Soul Bond Ritual
Thanks & Announcements
Bonus Chapter: Vesperi Nebula

You Are Cordially Invited

1.2K 45 34
By Otaku_AriaSnow

[A/N: With Xiaolumi making their return trip to Liyue they bid farewell to their Inazuman friends. Meanwhile lets see what Zhongli's up to as he works alongside the adepti and the Qixing to ensure the wedding preparations go smooth. We also see who the invitations get sent out to. With this we enter the Bonding Rite Arc of Season 3 and I hope you enjoy the song for Archon Quest interlude Arc!]

......................................

It had taken awhile but finally they had broken through the storm barrier in the little boat. It had taken a few days without much rest...actually no sleep at all. The poor girls looked dead tired on their feet to the young yaksha. So with some convincing he had managed to get Lumine to drop anchor for now. It would be another few days before they reached Liyue's port.

"Finally Paimon thought we'd loose the boat a few times..."Paimon sighed before yawning. The fairy sleepily floating over to flop into the hammock inside. 

Xiao to Lumine's surprise ended up scooping her off her feet, making her squeak in surprise but giggled as he kissed her. Holding her close as he carried her to the cot. "It's one thing for me to go days without sleep Lumi, adepti don't require it as much as mortals do."he hummed setting her down with care. "Try and sleep, I'll be here."

"I guess I really do look that tired huh?"she yawned sleepily, nuzzling into his gentle touch.

"You do. Now sleep, my precious star."he soothed. Before his eyes his beloved was soon fast asleep. But he felt a static shock go up his spine as he walked away. Eyes of brilliant gold once again jade green streaks of vermillion undertones threatening to consume teal as he stumbled with a gasp. His gaze turned to the reflection in the near by mirror and he was stunned. "What is happening?"he whispered in confusion. The courtship rite had concluded so why was these strange changes happening? Then his brow furrowed as Yae's warning echoed in hiss mind...

"Are you certain the Traveler is mortal little bird?"Yae hummed inspecting as Xiao sat down in the center of the spiral of lanterns. His sharp gaze looking at her in annoyance....

Xiao's turned wide as he turned to Lumine. Those primal instincts screaming: Mate...mate not completely claimed...must finish what was started....my mate!! Xiao shivered at the thoughts and desires of those instincts. He knew how strong they were due to last year but...was this really how intense it was for his race? Was he actually suffering the unthinkable rebound? His gaze never leaving Lumine his hand trembling as he reached out as his appearance changed back to normal. If she was not human then what was his bride-to-be then?

"Lumine...just who or what are you?"he whispered. He felt scared and worried and confused. "I don't want to hurt her."he thought with a shaky breath. Breath he just had to breath and stay calm and mediate. So he went over to just sit down closing his eyes as he slowed his breathing to focus and mediate. He could handle his primal side; patience...he needed patience. However he felt it, a burning shock back up his spine. His wings appearing against his will. What was happening to him?

Bird song rang joyously as the small emerald finches came to land in the old gingko trees scattered throughout the hustling and bustling city harbor. Excited chatter and rumors abound had once spread about Ningguang. Hushed whispers reaching the sharp ears of a passing ombre haired gentlemen busily going about from one merchant to the next with the lavendered haired young woman in her late teens to just starting her twenties. As they moved to their next destination all around them the signs of brilliant decorations being put up could be seen. 

"Did you hear? This festival is to celebrate the marriage of one of the illuminated adepti!"came one excited whisper.

"I hear this adeptus fell for a human and rarely leaves this person's side."said another.

"I heard that it's in fact the Conquer of Demons!"said the next.

This gossip caught the attention of the burnette and young girl with him Looks of concern shared between them. "How in the name of the archons did this information get out?"she hissed.

"Hm...Most troublesome. Lady Ningguang had assured the identity of Xiao and Lumine being the ones getting married would stay confidential."frowned Zhongli.

"It means somebody in the Qixing just ran their mouths and stuck their nose where they shouldn't."Keqing agreed in concern. "I'll have to investigate. This festival that honors the sacred bonding rite of the adeptus to their intended has only been held twice. The one in question always kept in secret as well as where the wedding is."

"It is concerning but I trust you have it handled. My job is to consult and ensure the rite is preformed and arranged flawlessly."he stated smoothly. The duo going straight for the local florist. They needed to place a large order for glaze lilies, silk flowers, and lotus flowers, and windwheel asters. 

"I trust the invitations have been sent out?"Keqing asked.

"You needn't worry they have been sent."he assured handing the order to the merchant. The shopkeeper's jaw dropping at the size of the order.

"Good sir m-may I ask why you need so many of these flowers?"the small florist asked.

"It's confidential and top priority order by the Qixing, Miss Ai."Keqing informed strictly.

"Is this for the Sacred Bonding Festival?"Ai asked her eyes turning wide in astonishment.

"It is. I am sorry for the trouble but we'll need all the flower arrangements, arches, and flower ball ready within the few days. Of course you will be compensated for the rush order."Zhongli informed smoothly.

"The Qixing will also aid you to ensure everything goes smoothly and it all arrives at Wanshu Inn."Keqing assured. "The adepti will also be overseeing this so nothing should go wrong."

Ai was staring with her bright doe-like glance of astonishment. But it grew excited as she wasted no time at all starting the order. "This is my chance to repay the adepti, I will happily do it!"

Zhongli and Keqing looking pleased as they continued to get these preparations finished. Keqing stopping to glance up at the partly cloudy sky. "I wonder who Mr.Zhongli sent them out to..."she thought.

Monstandt, Favonious Knights HQ...

"Master Jean!"

The young blonde knight look up from her desk as a knight of lower rank had rushed into her office. She had been in the midst of a meeting with Amber, Kaeya, and Lisa, and Eula. Curiosity shining across all the knights' faces at the knight with a Liyue messenger hawk perched on his arm. "Oh my, what's the hurry Swan?"hummed Kaeya.

"Your right down out of breath."agreed Amber, energetic as ever.

Eula went over taking the hawk from Swan giving the bird a gentle pet around the neck, "Speak. Why were you in such a rush with this messenger hawk?"

"Hauh ha...Q-Qixing sent that hawk."Swan panted taking a seat. 

"From the Qixing!?"they echoed. Jean fast to get up and out from behind her desk she hurried opening the carrying case on the hawk's back. The bird giving a delight coo at being petted by Eula. Inside was several red and gold envelopes. Each had the mark of the Qixing and the mark of the Geo Archon. Each addressed to Jean, Eula, Amber, Lisa, and Kaeya. But there was another to Jean's surprised and it was addressed to Klee.

"Invitations?"Lisa wondered curiously as she took her's from Jean as she handed them out.

"There's one here for Klee and Noelle too, I'll go fetch Klee and give Noelle's letter later."giggled Amber in delight. 

"Please do. That would be a big help, Amber."Jean thanked.

"I wonder why now the Qixing would send such a formal looking letters. its not like them to do this."Kaeya noted.

"It is odd."Eula. "We'll just have to open them and read them."

Amber hurried off and soon returned with the excited little ten year old elf her adorable red dress with clovers swaying as she hurried inside the office. "I got a letter? Do I really got a letter?"she asked.

"Yes Klee, here you go."Jean smiled handing the letter.

"Well shall we open and see?"Kaeya suggested. So with interest and excitement they began to open the red envelopes.

Angel Share Tavern....

"Just how long do you intend to drink me dry without paying your tab again?"

The bard giggled at the annoyed red head behind the bar. More then content to chug back shot after shot of the dandelion wine. The anemo archon's face flushed from starting to get drunk but thankfully he was a heavy weight so was not bothered. "Relax Master Diluc!"

"I'll relax when you start paying for my merchandise."he sighed before hearing a tap tap of a beak on the window. Curious Diluc set the cup he was cleaning down and the rag to open the window. Sure enough it was a messenger hawk from Liyue. Around the same time a blast of geo energy appeared in front of Venti startling him with a yelp. Only for a red envelope to appear in front of the bard. Diluc retrieving the same thing from the hawk.

"Damn it Morax, you and your tricks!"huffed Venti. "I also spilled my wine..."

"A letter from the Qixing?"Diluc pondered and began to open it.

Dragonspine...

Snow was falling softly on the lone peak as the sandy blonde was just enjoying some time to himself. Content as he painted the scenary before him. That was until a messenger hawk circled above him before coming to flutter down as Albedo held out his arm for it. The bird coming to perch. "Now this is a surprise. What is a messenger from Liyue doing here?"

"scree!"coo the hawk before preening its feathers.

Albedo opened the sachet and took out a red envelope, a curious glint in his eyes.

Liyue...

All across Liyue invitation via messenger hawk were being sent out. One to Chongyun while he was training, one to Beidou as she was going through some of her ship's supplies, one to Xiangling and Gouba as they were hurrying to help plan the food for the wedding, but the last one went straight for Cloud Retainer's domain. The crane adeptus relaxing as she watched her pupil train.

"A messenger? Ah so the time finally has come upon us."Cloud retainer hummed retrieving the letter. "Shenhe come here."

The pale haired exorcist stopped hurrying over, "What is it master?"

"I'll need you to make a deliver for this one to the Qixing. You and one must also go offer our assistance, the Sacred Bonding Rite is only days hence."Cloud Retainer stated firmly setting the open letter down. The duo leaving to go take care of the upcoming matter while the lone invitation sat on the stone table:

To whom this may concern, 
     You are cordially invited to be the honored guests of Adeptus Yaksha Xiao and Traveler Lumine's most joyous union. Please come attend the ceremony at Wanshu Inn on April 16th 8am sharp. Be sure to attend early and do not wear white or black as is the custom of the Bonding Rite. Let us celebrate this momentous and historical occasion together, we hope to see you there.
Sincerely Xiao and Lumine and the Qixing.

To Be Continued...

.................................................

[A/N: Xiao will be fine in case you are worried. The Courtship Rite as you recall I explained will proceed differently if the intended mate is in fact not mortal/human. He did complete the rite successfully but its rebounding due to Lumine not being human. Wonder how long it'll take for him to figure out? I know what she is question is...have you figured it out my readers?]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 611 14
"Why is it those beautiful eyes, deep as the sea...seem to always be...so lost?" Lumine has mixed emotion in regards to the 11th Harbinger after the...
6.4K 240 6
Aether was captured by the Sustainer of Heavenly Principles and is now stranded in the world of Teyvat. A common starting to the story of the travele...
84.6K 1.9K 27
Cover art: https://www.deviantart.com/whiterabbit1838/art/Xiaolumi-fanart-886104145 A fierce, protective yaksha like Xiao had never even entertained...
8K 123 5
A bunch of Xiaolumi short stories that I've written and compiled together. The stories may be related in some ways but can be read as standalones. I...