Sweeter with Love

By mariedillbooks

Azelie Kosefs is the epitome of a sweetheart. Literally. As the owner and main baker of Cooklie & Kream, a qu... More

Wα΄‡ΚŸα΄„α΄α΄α΄‡ ᴛᴏ π‘Ίπ’˜π’†π’†π’•π’†π’“ π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆
𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔
1 | π‘šπ‘–π‘›π‘‘ π‘β„Žπ‘œπ‘π‘œπ‘™π‘Žπ‘‘π‘’ π‘β„Žπ‘–π‘ 𝑖𝑐𝑒-π‘π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘š
2| π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘€π‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘¦ π‘—π‘Žπ‘š π‘šπ‘Žπ‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘œπ‘›
3| 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑙𝑠 π‘“π‘œπ‘œπ‘‘ π‘π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’
4| π‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘¦ β„Žπ‘œπ‘‘ 𝑓𝑒𝑑𝑔𝑒 π‘ π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘Žπ‘’
5| π‘Žπ‘™π‘šπ‘œπ‘›π‘‘π‘¦ π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘‘ π‘π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’
6| π‘π‘–π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘  𝑧𝑒𝑠𝑑 π‘π‘Žπ‘›π‘›π‘œπ‘™π‘–
7| π‘β„Žπ‘œπ‘π‘œπ‘™π‘Žπ‘‘π‘’ π‘π‘’π‘‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ π‘π‘œπ‘‘π‘β„Ž π‘π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘€π‘›π‘–π‘’
8| π‘Ž π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿ π‘œπ‘“ π‘β„Žπ‘œπ‘π‘œπ‘™π‘Žπ‘‘π‘’
9| π‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘¦ π‘β„Žπ‘’π‘’π‘ π‘’π‘π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’
10| π‘π‘–π‘›π‘›π‘Žπ‘šπ‘œπ‘›-𝑠𝑝𝑖𝑐𝑒 π‘Žπ‘π‘π‘™π‘’ 𝑝𝑖𝑒
11| π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘€π‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘¦ π‘π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘šπ‘’ π‘šπ‘–π‘™π‘˜π‘ β„Žπ‘Žπ‘˜π‘’
12| π‘π‘™π‘’π‘’π‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘¦ π‘π‘Žπ‘›π‘π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’π‘ 
13| π‘π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜π‘™π‘–π‘’ π‘ π‘œπ‘’π‘“π‘“π‘™π‘’
15 | 𝑠𝑝𝑖𝑐𝑒𝑑 π‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘ 
16 | π‘€β„Žπ‘–π‘‘π‘’ π‘β„Žπ‘œπ‘π‘œπ‘™π‘Žπ‘‘π‘’ π‘β„Žπ‘–π‘ π‘π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜π‘™π‘–π‘’
17| π‘π‘™π‘’π‘’π‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘¦-π‘π‘–π‘ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘β„Žπ‘–π‘œπ‘  π‘šπ‘’π‘“π‘“π‘–π‘›π‘ 
18| π‘ π‘šπ‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘  π‘π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜π‘™π‘–π‘’ 𝑖𝑐𝑒 π‘π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘š
19| π‘π‘–π‘Ÿπ‘‘β„Žπ‘‘π‘Žπ‘¦ π‘π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’

14| π‘β„Žπ‘œπ‘π‘œπ‘™π‘Žπ‘‘π‘’ π‘π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘šπ‘’ π‘šπ‘œπ‘’π‘ π‘ π‘’

2.3K 165 100
By mariedillbooks

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

¢нαρтєя ƒσυятєєη

Take deep breaths, Azelie. You can do this.

All Azelie Kosefs could do in her wait was to manifest good outcomes to this meeting, as she drove up the colossal driveway of the Deliano home. The mansion loomed over her, and she could feel heavy darkness in her soul as she observed the beautifully dark home. The occupants of this house had felt death and pain before.

The feeling was overwhelming even to her.

It was less than 2 weeks since Azelie got the call that her landlord was selling the complex and she had done everything she could to convince him not to sell. The landlord, frustrated by her insistence, told her to try with the Delianos themselves. But, she knew she could not go into their office without knowing who they were. So, she explained the situation to Victor, who in turn asked Mikael about the mysterious family.

When Mikael heard of her intentions to fight their decision, he came to her house personally to tell her one sentence;

"Don't fight this, Azelie. Take the money. This family is not to be played around with. With a blink, they can destroy you and everyone you love."

Azelie shook her thick curls furiously, refusing to accept that. Then, in a confident tone, she replied, "I will not be afraid of them, because the only person I fear is God."

With a wry smile filled with a knowing pain, Mikael muttered darkly, "That's good because Xante Deliano is not God, he's the Devil, made flesh. You should not fear him, you should dread simply being in his presence,"

Folding her arms, Azelie looked down at the ground stubbornly, "Look Mikey, if you came here to dissuade me, don't bother. Cooklie & Kream is everything to me, I'm not going down without a fight,"

A few moments of silence passed as Mikael observed her, almond eyes watching diligently. He saw the persistence in her gaze and how much the bakery meant to her. With a heavy sigh, he announced, "Fine. I'll set up a meeting with his wife. I can't promise anything except a meeting with the two of them,"

"That's all I need, Mikey." Azelie said gratefully, thankful for his help, "Thank you,"

And that was how she found herself driving up their massive driveway, her stomach doing Olympic-level flips at how nervous she was. She parked her Tesla near the front doors, where two bulky bodyguards stood, gazes blank and cold. When she exited the cool car, stepping into the warm LA heat, the bodyguards only gave her a look of observation and opened the large double doors for her to enter.

After all, Azelie had identified herself at the gate. With a shaky breath, she entered the mansion and a gasp of admiration escaped her lips.

This place was magnificent.

Marble columns and flooring, gold trimmings, floor to ceiling windows, stunning decor, it was like a temple for the gods. She found herself turning in a 360 to observe every part of her view in awe, marvelling at the number of details and the richness of the designs.

"Miss. Azelie Kosefs?" 

Azelie broke out of reverie to see a plump, older woman beaming at her. The woman was dressed in a neat black dress, a white kitchen apron and pristine, black Mary Janes. Her skin was a dark tan, with her smile lines indicating a happy life.

"Yes?" Azelie returned her smile and she nodded, satisfied.

"My name is Anita. Welcome to the Deliano compound. We 'ave been expecting you. I take you to el don y la donna now," 

When she spoke, Azelie noticed a heavy Spanish accent over her words and Azelie nodded to her, showing her acceptance. She followed Anita to the large floor-to-ceiling windows and was marvelled when the older woman slid one of the panels open revealing a stunning lake, a crystal blue pool, what seemed like the entrance to a tennis or basketball court, and two regular-sized duplexes.

"This is all for the Delianos?" Azelie blurted out, looking at the clear lake with fishes and ducks. Anita gave her a warm smile and nodded.

"Si. Zis plus two other buildings on 'ze other side. The hill and the trail ez' also for them. There are no houses as neighbours, porque... privacy. This is the work house, and the other," Anita pointed to the other house on the right side of the lake, "The guest house,"

The house they were approaching had bulky bodyguards guarding the doors and the balcony, holding what seemed like AK'47s and comms attached to their ears. They watched Azelie diligently, the harsh sight causing a chill down her spine. Shaking off her nerves, she followed Anita into the white heavy door, that seemed almost... bulletproof?

What kind of family was this?

They passed a white, pristine sitting area and headed up the stairs to one of only two doors on the entire floor. Knocking on the door, before Anita could speak, a cold, husky, male voice announced.

"Come in, Anita and Miss. Kosefs,"

When the door opened, Azelie did not know what she expected. Maybe an overweight white man and his slim, pale wife. What she definitely did not expect was two of the most beautiful people she had ever seen in her life.

The man seated on the white leather armchair was made from the marble of the gods, tan skin sculpted into thick muscle, face chiselled beyond human, emphasizing his heavenly features. His dark curls seemed to glint under the sun's glare and he seemed like something out of a modelling ad. Dressed in a crisp white button-up, tattoos peeked at her, creeping up his neck and down his fingers. His expression was blank and cold like he cared for nothing under the sun.

The only thing that marred his beauty was his bizarre silver orbs, which observed her in an eerie manner, a gaze that drew her in, like a devilish snake to its prey.

Without breaking his gaze on her, the man spoke in smooth Spanish, "Gracias, Anita. Por favor, déjanos."

Azelie gulped when Anita nodded at him and left, closing the door behind her. Gaze moving to the woman behind the man, Azelie tried not to gawk at the curvy woman.

She was black.

Her beautiful golden brown skin glowed and she had a dark, luscious frontal installed, the long,  straight hair reaching the small of her back. Her cream-coloured pencil skirt showed off her thick curves and her white silk button-up hugged the curves of her chest. Her oval face was sculpted, plump lips lined in a deep red lipstick pulled up in a cold smile.

"Have a seat, Miss. Kosefs," The woman spoke, in a haughty, confident voice that had a specific accent Azelie could tell. Trying to be confident, Azelie took a seat opposite them, the comfortable chair doing nothing for her nerves. Azelie gave them both a large smile, but the man did not even blink in response, just watching her every action.

"Mikael Jin told me you wanted an audience with us," The woman, who Azelie realized was Chidinma Deliano spoke calmly, brown eyes steady on hers.

Azelie nodded furiously, "Yes, um... My name is Azelie... well, you already know my name. And.. um... you both want to buy the lot that my bakery is in-"

"Want to?" The man interrupted with harsh humour in his gaze, "No, Miss. Kosefs. We will buy the lot. Let us not use false positives as we speak, no?"

"Well, that's why I'm here," Azelie retorted boldly. As she reached into her bag for the file, she saw the man's eyebrow lift ever so slightly at her passion, "I have researched other lots and land in Santa Monica that are for sale, and are the same size as ours, if not bigger. Some are beach properties, some are city properties. But those are for sale. We were never for sale."

She dropped the file on the table and his blank gaze dropped to the file, then back at her, tattooed fingers drumming tunelessly on his table. Chidinma Deliano gave her a small smile and reached for the file with manicured hands, opening it to observe its contents. Azelie held her breath as the woman opposite her went through the file, nodding as she read.

When she was done, Chidinma Deliano gave a slight sigh, dropping the file back on the table. Tone sincere, she stated calmly to Azelie, "Miss. Kosefs, I can assure you that we were aware of these properties before purchasing yours. But, we have made our decision. While we understand this means businesses and homes would be uprooted, we are more than willing to give you time and money to begin again. Has your landlord informed you of our generous offer of 1 million dollars, cash to the tenants?"

Now Azelie was getting frustrated, "Yes, but, my bakery is everything to me. To begin again would mean years of building, of-of designing... years of-of clientele lost. There is no price for all of that!"

"Miss. Kosefs," The man spoke harshly, interrupting her passionate rant, "It is not in my nature to offer advice. But, now I present with not only advice but your only option. Take the offer."

Azelie was silent, trying not to cry out in anger. She thought of the bodyguards holding guns and how everyone seemed afraid of this family. Why did they want her property? To build a freaking hotel? What was so great about it?

Then, it hit her.

"You want access to the water," 

Azelie blurted in realization and the room seemed to bristle at her announcement. The smile Chidinma Deliano had dropped as a blank expression filled her face. At their reactions, Azelie knew that was the reason for their purchase. 

"There is no other beachside property in Santa Monica that has unrivalled access to the Pacific Ocean. Victor always said that if you took a telescope at night f-from the bakery, you could see Japan, I-I always thought he was joking. I m-mean you could always go to Malibu or-or Manhattan Beach... but the property is super expensive there especially beachside."

Gaze furious, she looked up at the couple, who looked at her blankly, the only expression being the ticking and clenching of their jaws, "Tell me I'm wrong." Before they could answer, Azelie scoffed, "And why else would you need unrivalled access to the Pacific Ocean unless you were shipping things you didn't want people to know about? No CEO I know has bodyguards at every door of their house, holding AK-47s, i-in front of bulletproof doors."

At once, the room seemed to drop 20 degrees, bristling the occupants. The man in front of her stopped his drumming at once, silver orbs lightening, anger marring his features.

"Miss. Kosefs, are you approaching a point anytime soon?"

Azelie licked her lips, and announced something that she knew would change her life, "I don't know, but I'm sure the DEA would love to know the plans for this hotel you're building."

Silence.

Terrifying, choking silence.

But, Azelie refused to bow down. She meant what she said to Mikael; the only person she feared was God.

Then, the man laughed. It was a bristling cold laugh, one that wrapped around her tightly like a boa snake, drawing the warmth out of the room. Then, when he spoke, it was no louder than a whisper, but the anger and promise in his tone shook Azelie to the core.

"Miss. Azelie Kosefs. Born in 1996, to Tamara and Evens Kosefs, sister to Mirlande, Fabienne and Medjine Kosefs. Graduate of the Institute of Culinary Education, girlfriend to Liam Jacob Wright. How is Liam doing? And three-year-old Lele?"

At the mention of Liam and Lele, Azelie blinked away tears, trying not to cry at the terrifying tone his voice held.

"I would hate if something happened to them. Or Victor Hernandez, your investor. Or Aiden Goode or Jade Lee, the college students working at your bakery. Or even young Marisabel Gonzales, with a bright future ahead of her. I am a parent, Miss. Kosefs, a parent to 5 children that I would do anything to protect. You see, I don't do well with threats to me or mine. So much so, that I never make them. I only keep promises."

At the end of his statement, with a final tap of his fingers on the table, Azelie felt her throat close up like a hand was wrapped tightly against it and she gasped for air. Her wheezes were all that could be heard, as she choked, her eyes watering.

How was this possible? No one was touching her.

She thought it was some sort of allergic reaction, but Azelie had no allergies. It felt so very real and just as she felt her eyes close and her consciousness fade, the hand released her and she gripped her throat and took deep breaths, trying to get oxygen in her lungs.

"Xante..." Mrs. Deliano warned, looking down at her husband, who just shrugged.

The man gave his wife a lazy grin, returning her look with one of adoration, "What? Sta bene, non la ucciderei, la gente sa che è qui." (Italian: She's fine, I wouldn't kill her, people know she's here.)

The room was silent for a few moments, then Chidinma Deliano gave Azelie a warm smile, "Miss. Kosefs, I like you. And I don't make friends easily."

Azelie did not know if that was a good or bad thing. 

"We have another offer for you." The woman continued, "The hotel we are building is one of luxury, set with indoor shops and facilities. We would like to give you a shop twice the size of your current bakery in our hotel. You can have more than just baked goods, more than just three staff members, Cooklie & Kream will be synonymous with luxury."

"You will still keep your million dollar severance and your interior design budget will be almost 10 million dollars. You can decorate and build as you wish. What do you think?"

The man kept his light grey eyes on hers and she heard his cold voice in her head. 

Either take her offer, or I will pay all which you love a very unkind visit. That is a promise.

With a shaky nod and a gulp, Azelie replied, "Thank you. I need to think about it,"

"No problem," The curvy woman replied and handed her a business card that seemed to materialize out of thin air, the black card like velvet on her fingertips. The borders were made of gold as well as the name, Casa di Deliano in beautiful brushwork. "If you decide, don't hesitate to give us a call."

It was not until Azelie was safe in her car, that she pulled out her phone to search up the only word she remembered him speaking. Uccidere.

To kill.

POSTED ON: MONDAY 24TH JANUARY 2022

so... Azelie met the Delianos.

what do you guys think of them? if you haven't read Sinful Desires (their own book), do you think they are scary or just a boss-ass couple? how can Mr. Deliano choke Azelie without touching her? did he do it? and did you think he talked inside Azelie's head or was she just going through PTSD?

anyways, we have 10-12 more chapters of this book before it is officially done and it is so crazy that we are already 30K. 

for a book with 14 chapters.

y'all are amazing.

I'm gonna try and post the next chapter sometime this week, and let's do this. Comment your favourite book right now on Wattpad. I need recommendations guys, I'm just reading the same books over and over.

love you to the moon,

ada

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

590K 30.6K 37
Abigail Hensley does not hesitate to choose Home Economics as her elective. With her mother owning a bakery, she practically grew up in a kitchen. Ab...
508K 10.5K 47
TW: MENTIONS OF RAPE, ABUSE, DRUGS AND ALCOHOL. Includes sexual context, read at your own discretion! - - - - - - Camila Beckett. She promises hersel...
4.9M 217K 80
❝Hollywood is scary. She is scarier.❞ β€’ β€’ β€’ The night before their marriage, Emily Pinault catches her fiancΓ© in the act of cheating. Completely deva...
22K 876 11
[RE-WRITE ON HOLD] An enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy. *** Gemma Colson, a no-nonsense, NYC food critic, is well on her way to the top of her caree...