THE VELVET KILLERS II

By PRAZAN

After the disappearance of Ingrid Engen, three women are bound by a secret on their attempt to rescue her... More

PROLOGUE
(1) JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR
(2) THE BOSS' DAUGHTER IS SELLING BOOKS
(3) THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS MARKET
(4) DRAMA IN THE MISSING PERSON'S APARTMENT
(5) INTRIGUING EACH OTHER
(6) THE CONFESSION, PART I
(7) THE CONFESSION, PART II
(8) THE RETURN OF THE MYSTERIOUS DARK-HAIRED WOMAN
(9) (FINALLY) GETTING CLOSER
(10) ALEXIA + SHELINA = <(/)3
(11) WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE
(12) NOT ME KISSING YOU RIGHT AFTER CONFESSING A MURDER
(13) THE MASKED BALL AND JILL'S PAST
(14) THE BIRTHDAY, THE FLORIST AND THE HOT LAWYER
(15) BETRAYAL, OR HOW NOT TO LEARN FROM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES
(16) WHO EVEN ARE THE VELVET KILLERS?
(18) THE PAWNS OF JUSTICE
(19) WHEN YOU START TO ACTUALLY LIKE SWISS CHOCOLATE
(20) REWIND TIME AND YOU WILL END UP WITH YOUR MOUTH WIDE OPEN
(21) THE WOMAN BEHIND THE HIDDEN NUMBER AND THE MI6 AGENT
(22) THE PRETTIEST KILLERS IN THE HISTORY OF SERIAL KILLERS
(23) THE GREATEST LOVE STORIES DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO END BADLY
(24) BABY GAYS AND LGBTQIA+ RIGHTS, AM I RIGHT?
(25) WHEN FIGHTING IS A PROOF OF REAL LOVE
(26) THE WEDDING OF THE CENTURY (part 1)
(27) THE WEDDING OF THE CENTURY (part 2)
EPILOGUE

(17) THE NEW QUEEN

350 17 67
By PRAZAN

SPECIAL POV CHAPTER

LIA WÄLTI

_________________________

My gun in hand, I subtly enter the Cosmos, trying to avoid any familiar face. Thankfully enough, since it was the middle of the afternoon and visibly a busy day for the Velvet Killers organisation, nobody I knew of was there.

I make a sign to the barista, and she nods her head - she knows this is the VIP sign. 

I immediately walk down the stairs to the VIP room, and when I hear voices, I hold my breath back: I knew Jill would be brought here, and although it pretty much was a trap for sure, I knew in my guts that I had to come here. I've let Leah down, and I wouldn't let it happen with anyone else, especially not Jill for some reason. 

I hide behind the door, catching glimpses of the scene going on: Jill was sitting on a couch, with Aitana Bonmati speaking over the phone. I take a good look of my surroundings: surveillance cameras, but no other person present in the room. If working for the police taught me one thing, it's that such cameras have blind spots. 

After spotting this one, I take advantage of Aitana's back turned on me (just like Jill's, by the way) to get to the blind spot and point my gun toward her. When she turns around, she immediately spots me and puts the phone down, raising her hands.

"Good, we've been expecting you."

Jill immediately turns around as best as she could, but when she sees me her reaction isn't exactly what I pictured:

"Wally? What the Hell? Get outta here!" she yells, out of her mind. 

Frowning, I suddenly get why she's saying that when something cold touches my neck and does a smooth 'click'. Scheisse, I think to myself. (English: shit). 

Jill's eyes seem to shoot daggers at me and the person behind me, as a smooth voice says:

"Cute but dumb as hell: I can't believe everybody's falling for you, Wälti."

Of course I know that voice: Christen Press, aka the chief of London P.D.'s daughter and Jenni Hermoso's right hand. 

I slowly turn around, as the gorgeous yet evil woman just takes her time in checking me out, before staring at Jill.

I immediately sense that something happened between the two of them, but if I needed any confirmation, Christen would've given me it by saying:

"Well, maybe except our friend Jillie, uh? Since she'd rather sleep with me in my tiny little shop..."

Ignoring Christen, I turn toward Jill and exclaim:

"You slept with her? Are you fucking dumb?"

"Hey!" Jill lets out, annoyed, "I didn't know she was an evil bitch at the time!"

Christen rolls her eyes.

"Stop it, you two: y'all are both dumb and you're gonna die here. Now, Wälti, you're gonna share handcuffs with Jillie, since you two visibly need some bonding time. C'mon!"

With that said, she takes a small key out of her pocket and releases one of Jill's hands, only to pass the chain of the  handcuffs under an iron bar so that we do not escape, and imprisoning my own wrist, which brings me too close for my taste from Jill.

Then, while Christen seems amused by the situation, the Dutch just speaks up:

"So, Christen, are you gonna tell us exactly what you're gonna do with us now?"

But as the dark-haired was about to speak, her phone rings and she immediately picks up, with only the time to tell us:

"Duty calls: I'll see you later, lovebirds. Ciao!"

And she walks up the stairs, as we hear the door locking itself. 

Jill and I exchange a look: we both know there was no way out: even if we did get rid of the handcuffs, then we'd still have one locked door and angry ninja baristas to go through, and since we aren't in some Mission Impossible shit, then all hope was lost.

Smirking, Jill just says:

"Well, that's not at all how I pictured my death."

"How did you picture it, then?" I ask, curious.

"I don't know: naked in a hot woman's arms just after an orgasm?"

"That's... oddly specific" I comment, smirking. Jill looks at me as if she wanted me to tell her as well, so I add: "I'd rather die during my sleep so I wouldn't feel a thing."

Nodding her head, the Dutch just comments:

"Well, I guess that's not how we're gonna die here... I mean, maybe you'll have a softer death since Jenni Hermoso has a crush on you and wanna sleep with you real bad, but I'll be drained of my blood and get all my nails and teeth pulled out one by one..."

"Ew" I comments, looking at her with disgust, "again: too specific ! And how can you be so damn calm right now?"

"Sarcasm and humour are my best weapons in time of crisis."

"Great."

We both fall into silence, as hours go by.

At first, we really did not even look at each other. But then, as nobody came looking for us, we thought: hell, if that's the day we die, at least we could just try and enjoy the fact that we wouldn't be dying alone - which, by the way, is a luxury in this world.

So we talked, for hours, until somebody finally did come back to the VIP room: a very upset Jenni Hermoso and a panicked Aitana Bonmati running after her. Indeed, the dark-haired immediately spots us and walk straight toward us, before hitting Jill in the face.

I immediately react:

"Leave her alone!"

"Shut up, cutie" Jenni orders, before turning toward her associate and yelling: "And you, don't stand here: we need a plan B before the cops fall onto us!"

"Trouble in paradise?" Jill asks, while her lips are now bleeding, defiant. 

Aitana throws her a dark look, before suggesting:

"How about we use those two as leverage?"

"Good idea, although it will be hard for me not to kill that Roord person" Jenni concedes, before turning toward us and adding: "Your friends in the police caught us while searching for you and the journalist girl. So, all we gotta do now is enjoy the last bit of freedom before they put us in jail. Hence I want one last round of passionate sex. Bring me Wälti."

Quite immediately, as Aitana walks toward us, Jill jus grabs my arm and exclaims:

"Uh, look, I know you thought the relationship you had with that McCabe person was not at all toxic and shit, but he tried to abuse women, too, including my friends Mapi and Ingrid. Now, can you just be a tiny better than he was, please?"

But suddenly, an idea crosses my mind, as I stare at Jill and say:

"It's fine, Jill: they will kill us either way, so what's a last bit of pleasure before death, uh?"

Jill stares at me in utter confusion, and if her eyes talked, they would've said something like what on earth are you even doing, Wally? Have you lost your mind? And truth is, maybe I have: Jenni Hermoso is just as sick as Jason McCabe was, therefore it didn't come as a surprise that she would be a sexual abuser too. 

Setting my jaw, I watch as Aitana frees me from the cuffs, before I stand up slowly, facing Jenni, who seems weird excited - ugh. I get slowly close to her under Jill's eyes, that were full of incomprehension. 

Once I get to Jenni, she just smirks and says:

"I think your fake fiancé is jealous, guapa"

As I turn around, smirking because I did not believe a word of it, I suddenly catch eyes with Jill, who indeed seems quite disturbed. 

But I couldn't focus on her now. 

Indeed, while Jenni approaches in order to kiss me, her hands touch my hips, as she slowly leans in. Only, I wouldn't let that happen.

My fingers touch the handle of the small knife I had hidden all this time: with all the strength that I had, I plant the knife on Jenni's chest, as she falls on the ground in a bang, dead. 

"Fuck yes, Wally, you're a freakin' badass!" Jill exclaims, over excited. 

Aitana, who also saw the whole scene, has her mouth open, but she doesn't move - surprisingly... I mean, who wouldn't move if you killed their boss? 

Absolutely terrified for what I did, I just whisper:

"This is for Leah, you fucking cunt."

Jill keeps on applauding dramatically, while Aitana remains still. 

I slowly turn around to face her and Jill, as both of them then fall into silence. Aitana slowly takes out the cuff's keys out of her pocket, her eyes still set on Jenni Hermoso's inanimate body, as she opens the cuffs, freeing Jill, and steps back. She seemed actually pretty shocked, but something did not add up: why not resist?

Setting my jaw, I just turn toward the Spanish, who asks after a while:

"You really have no idea what you got yourself into, uh?"

Jill, who sarcastically and dramatically gets up, just lets out, amused:

"Well, we killed the bad guy and now we're free - end of the story !"

"You fucking morons..." Aitana sighs, out of her mind, "You really are so fucking dumb, and you don't even know about how dumb y'all are..."

"Uh... that's offensive?" Jill lets out, confused.

Aitana just stares at me, before saying: 

"The Velvet Killers may have been founded in England, but it remains a Spanish mafia controlled organisation. If you kill the boss, then you become the boss. There's no escaping this. There is no end to the Velvet Killers. This is just a new beginning..."

My eyes go wide.

"W-what?"

"So, you're basically telling us Wally is a gang leader now?" Jill rephrases, less confident all of a sudden.

"Wälti is in charge of the Velvet Killers now, yes."

"W-what if I refuse?"

Aitana smirks. 

"Then they'll kill you: it is a duty and a role one cannot refuse. You now have to serve the Boss, or you and everyone you know will die."

"... Pet peeve..." Jill lets out, confused. 

Taking my head in between my hands, I suddenly freak out, not quite realising the turn things have just taken...

... only it is my new reality...

I'm gonna fucking die

Jill looks at me, realising I was loosing my mind like big time, before looking around. The VIP door had opened, and when Christen appears, she starts screaming and rushes toward her cousin's body, absolutely destroyed. She would only throw a deadly look toward Jill, and then toward me, as three women would follow right behind them.

Indeed, when I see Mapi and Melanie Leupolz walk down the stairs, I figure that things are about to get whole lotta worse. 

Mapi immediately rushes toward Jill, as both women hug each other. I frown: since when did those two become friends? Did a good old murder bring them closer? (Of course I know that since I'm in the motherfucking police bro, I think to myself, smirking). After a while, Christen just lifts her eyes toward me.

Of course she is out of her mind. 

"Now what, uh ?" the dark-haired asks, closing her cousin's eyes with her delicate fingers. As I stare at her in silence, she adds: "Yeah, I figured you wouldn't have thought about the consequences of your actions, uh? Why not just kill the leader without thinking about jeopardising the lives of hundred of people, uh?"

"Easy" Jill orders, protective. 

"Nah, you're right, Jillie" Christen lets out, rolling her eyes, "you know everything, don't ya? Like, you know The Velvet Killers is locally directed by a high-ranked officer? Or did you know that the directors of London P.D. are all involved? Or did you still fucking believe in the fucking utopia that is justice? There is no fucking justice for the poor... If you ain't no money, you ain't gonna get justice, sis. Now what, uh? We're just all gonna fucking die now."

"No" Aitana interrupts, as everybody turn toward her. After a while, she says: "Things are what they are now: Lia, you're the new boss of TVK (The Velvet Killers), and you gotta endorse that responsibility."

I nod.

"O-okay."

"Lia, don't-" Jill starts, but Christen isn't having it:

"Now: y'all go home but you, Wälti, and we're gonna talk this through."

"Uh-uh, no way" Jill lets out, annoyed.

"She has the right to a lawyer" Melanie remarks, stepping forward. She then turns toward Jill, before saying: "You're not gonna be of any help from here. Just, let me handle it. The rest of you, go home and find Lia an excuse for missing work those upcoming days. We'll come back to you, I give you my word."

Mapi nods.

"I trust her" she then announces, before turning toward me and asking: "Are you gonna be alright?"

I nod.

"She gotta be, there's no fucking choice now" Christen mumbles under her breath."

After a while, everybody but Christen, Aitana, Melanie and I leave, and although I did not know it yet, I figured the next couple of days will change my life...

... for better or for worse...?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 2.4K 28
Prison has gotten much more interesting...
198K 8.2K 51
World-wide known Alexia Putellas. Everyone knows her. Everyone follows her. Her secret? She has a wife.
149K 3K 105
After trouble at Arsenal that puts the girls in harms way arsenal are forced to get protection. Will the girls accept it or rebel? Will love blossom...
Pandemonium By C. M. Reeds

Mystery / Thriller

343 87 29
"One of you is the King and one of you is the Traitor. Find the Traitor and you'll be saved...mistake the King for the Traitor and you'll be doomed."