Give and Take (Trafalgar Law...

By thedarkdoctorgirl15

Elga is a girl who suffers from amnesia and travels alone, trying to escape from something she can't remember... More

You better live idiot!
Today is for sure my lucky day!
I owe her!
Give and Take!
He is not that bad!
Whatever...
Keep company to the lonely!
Such a troublesome girl!
Good Morning!
An easy day
Changing Minds
A starry night
I follow you!
Revelations
Burned Calories
The Last Goodnight(?)
She was lying!
Why did you leave?
Clumsy girl
A new life
Instincts and Feelings
Smell
Touch
Vision
Hearing
Taste
A mystery begins!
Me,myself and I
Killed before her murder!
Ohhh Summer Wine!
Misunderstanding!
The storm's thunder!
A place to own!
The bad news
Her first time will be unforgettable!
I trust you!
Prepare for (oink) trouble and make it double!
Extreme Makeover
Emptiness
Dream or not?
Antibiotics and Probiotics
Pride comes first!
This has to stop now!
Books hold memories of the past
The White Town of death
He is alive
Words of regret!
Mission Cookie!
Put you in your place!
Romance!
Can I lean on you?
Chained to the past!
The bloodthirsty Mary Pearcey!
Deja vu!
Set fire on my brain!
The abyss in me (Part 1)
The abyss in me (Part 2)
The abyss in me (Part 3)
The abyss in me (Part 4)
Author's Note
The abyss in me (Part 5)

The mysterious boy

151 8 14
By thedarkdoctorgirl15

Hey yo my beloved readers! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I WISH YOU HEALTH, HAPPINESS AND ALL THE BEST WISHES FOR YOU AND YOUR BELOVED ONES!

New chapter is out! I hope you like it and don't forget to leave a comment as I loved reading them :3

I don't own OP but I do own the OC and the extra characters! Also I don't own the image!

LOVE YA ALL HAVE FUN!

Elga was preparing the medical treatment of Cynthia's case, inside the doctors' office while Law was just chilling on his chair in front of his desk, reading a pharmacology book with an empty cup of coffee oh his hand.

He checked on the time and it was only 9 in the morning which means he could drink another one cup to help him boost his energy and wake up. Besides last night he couldn't get any precious sleep and once he relaxed a bit from the previous talk with Elga the same morning on the woods' path, he thought he deserved a treat.

"I am going to order a coffee from Penguin-ya's shop, would you like something too?" he asked at the girl standing at the other side of the room while taking a hold of his den den mushi.

Elga though never answered and the boy thought she might hadn't heard his question.

"Elga-ya?" he tried to call her name in order to catch her attention but the girl continued preparing the treatment deep on her own little world.

*I already live quite some months on this island so I probably have seen him or maybe even talked to him... I wonder how he looks like! He mustn't be much older than me so I guess he is still a teenager. But I haven't seen someone with white spots on his skin, around at this town... Is it just a coincidence? I don't believe so, no! The initials TDWL... This case is not common!*, Elga's discussion with her mind was interrupted by a soft tap on her shoulder.

The girl turned around confused to come face to face with a certain young doctor who had sculptured a teasing smirk on his lips.

Elga jumped a bit from surprise and took some steps back so as to set some personal space between her and the raven-haired.

Though this reaction made Law drop his previous smirk into a thin line as he didn't like it.

Was she feeling uncomfortable at his close presence?

"Uhm, I asked you if you wanted some coffee too because I am going to order a cup for me but you didn't answer." he explained his actions and the girl nobbed her head in realization.

"Ahh, right! No I am fine. Thanks tho." she replied and went to head back for work when Law lifted a hand to cup her cheek.

Elga moved back trying to avoid the physical touch something that made the boy frown in displeasure.

"I would prefer not... I don't like others touching me.", she explained and turned her gaze on the ground.

"From when? I don't remember you having such an issue before." Law noted his observation and narrowed his eyes in thought.

"Uhm, from always I guess?"

The reply only made his bells ring louder proving for once again his suspicions about Elga having some of her memories back.

"You seem a bit off lately. Are you sure everything is alright?", he questioned her like giving her one more chance to let him help in whatever troubles her mind.

"You talk about me acting strange, Law-kun when you are also one of the kind! When did you start behaving so affectionately? You get irritated by physical contact, yet you try to touch my face." she replied raising an eyebrow.

"Don't try to change the topic, I know those tricks. Don't avoid the elephant in the room only because you feel uncomfortable." he brought the conversation back to his interest but the girl rested her gaze elsewhere but his eyes.

She was too afraid, too scared to let him know the truth. Her dark past and insecurities. To bare her soul in front of him without the cover of 'Elga's' protection and security. They liked Elga. They wanted Elga, not the unknown her.

He was her only salvation though. He shared the same sad past with her and she knew TDWL would understand her. They could talk about how lonely it was when the whole world was against them, and maybe share their fears when they had to sleep alone on the woods with the wild wolves howling above their heads, or even the dreams they wished to come true when they thought they would die from hypothermia.

The girl lifted her head to look at Law who stood in front of her.

She knew the boy was living longer than her on this town so probably he knew something more about the mysterious TDWL. Maybe he was even a friend of his.

Well he is willed to help her, right?

"Uhm, you see..." she started to speak and Law waited patiently for her to continue with anticipation.

He was very eager to finally learn what was going on inside Elga's mind and also anxious to see if it had to do with his attitude of those past few days towards her.

"Is there any other medical staff on this island? Or is it just us?"

This response wasn't quite what the boy expected to hear but maybe if he continued this conversation it could lead somewhere.

"From what I know, no we are the only clinic on this island as it is a small one and there are not many citizens. So there must not be other doctors or nurses around." he answered. "Why do you ask?"

"And are there any other people of our age?" the brunette asked again avoiding his own question.

"Pleasure town is the biggest town on Swallow Island which has a school and many job opportunities so most people of our age live or work here. Do you search for something or someone?" he asked again feeling a tight knot been created on his gut.

"Ah yeah... I am actually searching for this boy I used to know. His name is everywhere behind every library's book so I think he lives here." she honestly replied.

Law's stomach twisted uncomfortably as the knot broke and a wave of uneasiness and anxiety overwhelmed him.

Did she have her memories back and remembered she had another person on mind? *No Law you have to come to your senses! Maybe he is a relative!*

"Is he a family member perhaps?"

"No we are not related but he is someone dear to me that helped me get through life when I was on my worse."

"Tsk, and I thought that was me..." Law commented in a teasing tone to hide his inner irritation.

Elga just rolled her eyes on him and a slight smirk was placed on her lips something that made the boy's heart flatter from satisfaction.

Oh how he adored it when she smiled for something he said or even for him. His stubborn butt wouldn't admit he missed this kind of reaction on her face but he did.

"So that means you regained your memories?"

"Well I guess a part of them. I still don't remember much..." Elga replied, praying the boy don't continue the conversation as she wasn't feeling ready yet to share her past with him.

Law on the other hand was curious to learn more about the new memories as that could help him understand the girl a bit better. Who was this mysterious boy of her past? What more did he have from him? How attached is the girl he wants only to think of him, with this person? The only thing he knew was that he had to get more information about this mysterious boy. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, don't they say?

"Where did you meet this boy? What does he look like?" he asked maintaining a friendly tone, leaning his back on the counter behind him while crossing his hands on his chest on a relaxed pose.

The girl felt some drops of cold sweat running down her face. *Damn you Law! Don't continue it!*

"Uhm, I-I actually haven't met him in person so I don't know w-what he looks like... I guess like a human?" Elga answered back thinking twice what she said.

*Well he recovered from Amber lead disease... Maybe he is not a mare human... Maybe he is a polite ghost who borrows books from the library and leaves his signature to let people know of his existence! Nahh, that doesn't make any sense...*

"You haven't met him? And how did he help you if you haven't met him?" Law brought the girl back in reality from daydreaming in her thoughts and he could admit he felt a bit more relieved but at the same time confused.

Maybe it wasn't something so serious and she is just overwhelmed with this unknown boy because it was her first recover from amnesia.

Elga widened her eyes on his questions and bit her lower lip being quite nervous as Law's piercing gaze didn't help the situation she was in at all.

She prayed hard for a miracle to happen and as if God heard her pleadings, a knock interrupted them and the doctor office's door opened with nurse Dulcinea walking inside.

"Elga-chan, Miss Cynthia is here for the first dose of the treatment and waits at room 4." she said and the girl left a sigh of relief something that didn't escape from Law's fierce gaze.

"I-I need to go now! You know... Do doctor stuff and all!" she explained and slipped from him exciting the room with the IV serum that contained the medicine on her hands.

The boy followed her movement until she was out of sight and leaned back on the counter's edge leaving a sigh of irritation from his lips.

"So... Did you two make up already? I don't know the reason but sure the atmosphere was heavy like a snow storm the past few days." she commented with a sly smirk trying to catch an expression from Law but the boy was too good to keep a blank face.

"I believe we both have some patients to see Miss Dulcinea, isn't that right?" he replied making the woman drop the previous cunning expression. He didn't like it when people tried to nose around in other's problems.

"Uhm, sure Dr. Law!" she answered back and decided it would be better if she leaved him alone for the moment and so she exited the place only to jump from surprise to the person standing in front of her.

"Blake! What are you doing here?! I didn't see you when I went in before so you scared me!"

The red-haired showed a sheepish, almost innocent smile trying to make his presence don't seem suspicious.

"Ah! Auntie! I wanted to see Elga-chan and inform her about Miss Cynthia! I thought you were busy with the case at room 2!" he explained with an angelic expression.

"Such a good helper I have there! Now why don't you go to have some rest at home? You were on the night shift too yesterday so you must be tired!"

"Thank you auntie! That sounds like a good idea! I'm off!" he said and rushed to walk outside of the clinic.

Once he stepped outside and the chilly air hit his face, his heart showed its true colors and his expression matched the island's weather.

*Elga-chan likes another boy? His name is written behind every book? We will find out who are you and give you a good lesson...*, he thought and headed for the lending library.

~...~

After two hours of searching about this mysterious TDWL who literally have read the 2/3 of library's books and has his name is written at the last page behind every each one of them, Blake rubbed his exhausted brown eyes and tried to sum up the information he got until now.

*So by the kind of books he is reading which are mostly about medical field, he must be a health professional. There are only two nurses on the island, Auntie and me... There is one pharmacist who is old bones and... two doctors, well three with Elga-chan. That means...*

On the final conclusion Blake's eyes darkened and an evil smile sculptured on his lips.

*Is that perhaps you...? Law?*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 210 17
(Y/n) was very hard headed, never took 'no' for answer, and always tested her luck. She hated when people ignored her. She's one of the strongest wom...
1.3K 26 17
You're the daughter of Don Quixote Doflamingo, who grew up with the pirate known as Trafalgar Law. You two were great childhood friends, and you help...
652 22 6
This story is told in third person, but it only shows what the reader goes through. I will be skipping other POVs in the story. This story will be e...
19.5K 1K 41
⚠️spoilers to cannon events in One Piece after Wano arc⚠️ In pain and suffering at the loss of his crew, Law ends up in a different world in an attem...