Seeing Red - BokuAka

By Haikyuu_nerd

Bokuto knew he had secrets. He knew he had issues. He also knew that visiting the red light district was like... More

1. Nervous
2. Talk to Me
3. Special
4. Body Progress
5. Comfortable
6. Normal
7. Warm
8. Slow
9. Sleep Talking
10. Touching People
11. Salt Lamp
12. On the Counter
13. Ear
15. Hurts
16. Techician
17. Five Hours
18. Quit
19. Squishy Face
20. Boyfriend
21. Nap
22. Amazing
23. Jobs
24. Better
25. Kisses
26. Resume
27. Wind Down
28. Ten
29. Ice Cream
30. Healthy
31. Boring
32. Love
33. Little Ones
34. Seeing

14. Stomach

2.2K 118 104
By Haikyuu_nerd

Akaashi felt movement against his chest as he lay still and smiled. There he was. "Good morning. How are you feeling?"

Bokuto sniffled and sat up a bit, huddling just under Akaashi's chin. He didn't have any idea of what was going on but he was comfortable and that was all that mattered in the moment.

Akaashi pet his hair slowly, shifting him a bit. "You need to get up Ko."

"Comfy."

"I know that but what about that cereal you wanted to eat this morning?"

"Pebbles?"

"Mhmm."

Bokuto took a deep breath before sitting up. "In a sec."

Akaashi laughed.

"Why're you laughing at me?"

"You drooled." Akaashi wiped away the drool from his cheek. "How is your stomach feeling?"

"Sore. Little bloated which is gross."

"So a bit better than last night?"

"Mhmm." Bokuto got up and used the bathroom before coming back and picking up Akaashi as he had realized it was a very fun thing for him. "Do you like fruity pebbles?"

"I do."

Bokuto put him on the couch and grabbed them both bowls before huddling up with Akaashi on the couch, eating in near silence. Akaashi found himself needing to talk and kind of whispered when feeling talkative.

Bokuto played with his hair, smiling.

"Kashi?"

"Mm?"

"What's something you like about candy?" He questioned, knowing Akaashi would immediately start to open up.

Akaashi gripped his bowl, trying not to freak out from being asked something about something he liked. "Well, it's usually bright colors but the way some candies are made is absolutely amazing. I love bright colored candies which is sort of why I like starbursts but those are also a safe food for my aftercare because they're chewy and taste nice and they have nice texture."

"Starbursts are pretty nice. What's your favorite flavor?"

"The lemon ones! They-" Akaashi gulped. Too loud.

Bokuto hummed. "Go on, I'm listening."

"It's not too much?"

"Kashi it's a hyperfixation and something you like. Just talk about it, I don't mind."

Akaashi nodded and started again, keeping his voice as level as possible. As he rambled Bokuto wondered if maybe he had been misdiagnosed before shrugging it off. This was Akaashi and Akaashi happened to like candy. No big deal.

Akaashi rambled for a while until he noticed he was thirsty and asked for water. Bokuto got him some and sat back down with him with his bag of starbursts. They sorted the colors and Akaashi set them into piles, staring nearly lovingly at the colorful scene. "Wanna go get dressed?"

"Mhmm." Akaashi glanced at the candy again and got up to go change he took his medicine and felt it start to kick in, calming him back down and making staying level headed a lot easier.

"You got work today?"

"Tomorrow."

Bokuto picked him up by his waist and walked around his room, swaying him. "Look at Akaashi! Look at how amazing he is~!"

Akaashi laughed. He was eased down and Bokuto took a few deep breaths.

"Where'd you put the ibuprofen?"

"Right here." Akaashi picked it up from Bokuto's small desk.

Bokuto took the bottle and took his dose before sitting down and trying to relax. "You know there's a thing to shift something- like a little bone- that helps cramps that I can't do for some reason? It could make life better. Life sucks."

Akaashi sat next to him on the bed. "Candy makes life better."

"You're smart."

Akaashi smiled. "Thank you."

"Of course!" Bokuto rolled onto his side. "I gotta leave soon."

"I'll be here."

Bokuto giggled. "I hope you know how cute you are."

Akaashi rolled his eyes. "Everyone says that. It's not flattering."

"Well I think you're cute. No arguing." Bokuto sat up all the way and hugged him tight. "You're sweet."

Akaashi hugged him back. He didn't know what to do.

****

Bokuto looked over at Akaashi, smiling. "You not gonna get out?"

"Hm? Sorry I was just reading something." Akaashi looked out his window and took a deep breath. "Oh."

"You okay?"

"Mhmm. I'll see you in a few hours." Akaashi got out of the car and hurried to the coffee shop.

Bokuto got out of the car right after, waiting for a moment. His sisters pulled into the parking lot and he hurried to them, hugging both. "Kenji! Kiri!"

Both laughed and hugged him back.

"How are we?"

"Everything is really good!"

Kiri piped up. "Have you texted the boy?"

"I have. He's pretty chill!"

"What's his name?"

"Akaashi." Bokuto started towards the coffee shop, holding his eldest sister's hand just like always. "He is pretty quiet though so I don't wanna scare him."

"Oh really?"

"Mhmm!" They entered the shop and Bokuto sat his sisters down at their normal table. Akaashi was making drinks and he seemed fine at the moment.

Bokuto ordered and returned to his table. Had Akaashi ate today? He was sure they might have but he had work this morning. He knew he had taken his medicine though.

Akaashi glanced over at him while making drinks.

Not okay, he was not okay. Bokuto hurried to the cashier. "Hey, hey, hey can you check on Akaashi? He doesn't look too good and I want to make sure he's eaten today."

"Do you know him?"

"We live in the same apartment."

"Oh. Yeah I can check on him."

"If he hasn't eaten get him to eat immediately." Bokuto went to his table and Akaashi left his station. He returned after Bokuto got his drink but went to a table.

Kiri stared. "Ko, go check on him. Something's off."

Bokuto glanced back. Akaashi wasn't eating. Kenji looked back. "I can check if you want?"

"I've got it Kenji, hang on." Bokuto walked to the table and wondered for a moment if he had really forgotten to make sure Akaashi had eaten? They spent so much time together at night and in the mornings. He should have known. "Hey hey hey Akaashi are you feeling okay?"

"Not really." Akaashi looked up.

"You haven't ate, have you?"

"No I haven't but I also took my medicine which is bad. If I don't eat I'm going to feel a lot worse but I can't eat since I'm nauseous."

"Do you want me to order something for you?"

"No, the food here is too sugary for me. I'll just doordash it or something."

"You sure?"

"Mhmm." Akaashi pulled out his phone and ordered something.

"So everything will be okay?"

"Of course everything will be okay." Akaashi smiled at him. "I can handle myself most days Ko."

"What happened to a relationship outside of your work?"

"Whatever. If you wanted to kill me you would've done it by now. But you're too kind. So no harm."

Bokuto laughed. Whatever man. Just make sure you eat whatever you ordered." Bokuto got up and went back to his table. His stomach suddenly churned and he took a deep breath. Not now. Now was such a bad time for cramps oh God why now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.3K 3.3K 38
!!WARNING SMUT!! Angst too a little. I'm sorry, I feel like crying too. Akaashi Keiji is just some normal everyday guy you see on the street. Howeve...
79.5K 3.7K 19
(Just making some revisions, sorry everyone if this story moves around on my profile!) Akaashi has a dark secret. One that could end not just his re...
121K 4.3K 23
(Y/N) is a trans guy who just transferred to Karasuno. Once there, he realizes that he needs to join a club and chooses the boys volleyball team. Mee...
6.2K 73 24
izuku is keeping a secret from family, only three people know this secret her best friend bakugou and both his parents but how will the rest of her c...