ALONE [JJK]

By StupidButCute00

"Your eyes are like smoke: gray and full of heat." His own eyes dipped into yours, his arms only slightly loo... More

Prologue
Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter THIRTEEN
IMPORTANT
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty - Four
Chapter Thirty - Five
Chapter Thirty - Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty - Eight
Chapter Thirty - Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty - Two
Chapter Forty - Three
Chapter Forty - Four
Chapter Forty - Five
Chapter Forty - Six
Chapter Forty - Seven
Chapter Forty - Eight
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two -Part 01-
Chapter Fifty Two -Part 02-
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-nine

Chapter Forty - Nine

4K 223 163
By StupidButCute00

This Chapter Contains mention of violence that may not be suitable for all readers. 

.

Chapter Forty - Nine,

"I see....." Prosector Park rubbed his chin while nodding slowly when you and Taehyung finished explaining the situation of him, "So, the culprit for the new case you started working on has also a thing to do with the one you finished and sent me!" he said, his eyes fell on the letter you were sent that was right next to him on the desk.

"Yes, even though he isn't the main offender, I believe he somehow influenced the murder cases. And as you can see, he calls himself The Zodiac." You said, "We believe he is copying a serial kille-"

"The Zodiac of 1968. Gary F. Poste!?" Hyunsik finished your words, "I heard about him when I took a class at Point Park University!" 

"Oh!" You were taken aback for a second but smiled at him, "Great, I guess I don't have to explain then!" 

The man chuckled, "Seeing your reaction tells me you have only been around people tiring you with questions rather than having knowledge themselves, am I wrong?-"

"Not everyone is interested in memorizing every single killer that had been alive, Prosector Park!" Jungkook, who you had forgotten was sitting by the corner said. "Also, I'd appreciate it if you use that knowledge of yours to quickly find a solution to the bigger problem here which is a mad psychopath being outside." He emphasized the word knowledge as the sarcasm was obvious in his tone. 

"Don't mind him, Hyunsik!"You said while still looking dead into Jungkook's eyes before rolling them, you needed to change the topic before Hyunsik can point out Jungkook's tone and start a problem, "I came to ask you a question."

You watched Hyunsik stand up and walk toward the closet where he probably keeps his files, "If your question is related to the offenders, well I have also noticed something.........." He took a big file and walked toward you, placed it next to you on the desk, and leaned in to open it and show you, a little close, aren't we? "All the eleven showed no resistance when being arrested, also they confessed when I asked the first question!" He said as he pointed to the written interrogation, "I first thought they just gave up considering I showed them the evidence you sent but with the last three I intended to ask before showing them the evidenc-"

The Prosector was suddenly cut and pulled away by someone grabbing his arm tightly, you blinked and turned to see a very angry Jungkook standing while glaring at the man. "Where........" Because of the silence, you could hear Jungkook clenching his teeth and tightening his jaw, "Where.can.I find the........ restroom?" He asked but it was clearly not what he wanted to say.

"Couldn't you ask a little nicer?" Hyunsik glared back, "Or maybe wait until we finish discussing the bigger problem here which is a mad psychopath being outside? "He used Jungkook's own words back to him making the firefighter's eyes flash in anger. 

Here is where you stood up. 

"Come with me!" You stared at Jungkook and said, without waiting for him you walked out of the office to the very end of the corridor where a small window that showed the view of the busy city was at. 

You crossed your arms together and looked at the dark sky as you heard Jungkook's footsteps approaching. 

"Umm-"

"What the hell are you doing?" You turned immediately and asked making sure to use a tone that shows how bothered you were with him. 

He sighed and looked away for a second then at you again, "I don't like him-"

"And who here cares if you like him or not, Jeon Jungkook?" You cut his words, immediately noticing the hurt in his eyes but it wasn't the time to care about his feelings since he won't have any if he dies. "Can't you see how serious this is? the least thing you can do is act like an adult and help.......... If you can't, then it's better if you go and rest in your villa until I finish my work!" You snapped.

With this, you walked past him and left.

The man turned and watched you leave, just by your walk he could tell your feet were barely carrying your body, when you looked at him, exhaustion, concern and also pain were visible and what hurts more ........ He can't do anything. 

While that man can

Jungkook sighed. "Wake up Jungkook, it's not the time to be jealous!" He slapped his cheeks with both hands wishing to wake up. 

Meanwhile, you were listening to Hyunsik explaining what he noticed. you noticed Jungkook entering and going back to his seat, this time he didn't say anything. 

"Y
ou said eleven earlier," Taehyung asked, "There are Twelve, no?" 

Hyunsik nodded, "Miss Y/N only sent the report of the twelfth case yesterday afternoon, we arrested the suspect this morning and her trial is still yet to be scheduled...... I am supposed to interrogate her tomorrow morning but from what I heard, the detective who arrested her stated that the suspect confess while being driven to the police station."

"Who else knows?" You suddenly asked and stood up. 

The men looked at you, confused. "Knows what?"

"Who else knows about the report I sent yesterday?" You looked at Hyunsik and asked. 

He raised one eyebrow and blinked twice, "Umm...... pretty much everyone who works here at the DA, it was the first time we close that amount of cases in a week so everyone was interested to know what's the new one is." 

"I am sure it's illegal to give information to outsiders, so....... I suppose no one else besides the people working here has a clue."You thought out loud, took a little pause then continued. " Great............ Next question, how many knew you signed the arrest warrant yesterday?" You asked again. 

"I a-am not sure, why are you asking th-"

"Park Hyunsik, are you the Zodiac?"

Everyone's eyes widened in shock when they heard what you said, Jungkook was next to you in a second in a defensive position, you felt him grab your arm and pull you toward him while glaring at the man more.

"M-Miss Y/N is this a...... j-joke?"

"No, just answer me!" 

"No, I am not the Zodiac."

Truth.

"Good!" You nodded, yanked your arm from Jungkook, and walked to close the office door before turning to face the three men, "Then The Zodiac either has access to information here or everyone inside this building is now a suspect." 

"W-what?" Hyunsik asked, still trying to understand the situation. Just a few seconds ago he was sure he understood and you and could easily work with you without being confused. He was confident he can do it, he was smart himself. But......... Was I wrong?

"The timing......" Jungkook whispered to himself but the silence of the room made this word hearable. 

"Yes, the timing." You nodded,  leaned against the door, and looked at Hyunsik. "Let's say I received the letter yesterday around midnight, at that time the Zodiac was sure I closed the case and the arrest warrant had been signed." You paused, took a breath then continued. "Psychopaths have a grandiose sense of self-worth and high intelligence, they don't do anything unless they are 100 percent sure, The Zodiac wouldn't risk sending me the letter when the warrant isn't signed ........ That will ruin his perfect timing!......... Which means the second he saw or heard you signed the warrant he came right away to put the letter inside my mailbox, Jungkook was standing outside of my house so I believe the killer waited until he left!" You paused again and looked at Jungkook, "D-do you remember the exact time you left?" You asked. 

Jungkook's eyes met yours, "Ten minutes after midnight!" he answered right away. 

You watched Hyunsik run behind his desk to open another closet, he took a couple of papers then only walked to show you one, "Here is a copy of the warrant, I signed it exactly at 07:13 PM."

"So..... he waited for five hours outside of your house? W-while Jungkook was there?" Taehyung swallowed while pronouncing the words.

"Can I ask why Mr.Jeon was waiting outside of your house?" Hyunsik asked. 

"It's something personal so no, you can't ask!" Jungkook rolled his eyes. 

"I believe I have all the right to ask," The man glared at Jungkook back, "You are a CEO of one of the biggest companies in the country also a firefighter who constantly work with Police and DAs............ I won't be surprised if you have connexions and access to our info....... also you were outside of her house at a very late night, the same night she received the letter, doesn't this make you our first suspect?" Hyunsik stated. 

"What did you just sa-"

"He can't be a suspect!" You cut Jungkook's words and immediately stopped him from walking toward  Hyunsik by holding his shirt, the firefighter looked down at you but you were staring at the prosecutor, "The Zodiac wasn't responsible for the 12 cases from earlier but he is the culprit for this new case where 12 people were murdered after being missing for 12 days, Jungkook was on a shift for at least 7 murders, I know there are many people who can confirm that...........Also,  he was at my house because of something personal we share it doesn't have anything to do with the case!."

Jungkook glared at Hyunsik but didn't say anything, and left it to the professionals to work. 

"B-but...... I know everyone here, don't you think I would notice if someone who killed more than ten people is saying good morning to me every day?" Hyunsik asked. 

"Psychopaths use the ability to hide their true selves in plain sight and display desirable personality traits to the world." You explained,  "You wouldn't notice even if it was someone you're sleeping with!........... Anyway, I will request attending the interrogation tomorrow, can you do that for me? " You asked the man.

You noticed how he stood there not talking, it took him a few seconds to find his voice back. "I can but..... Are you sure you'll be fine?" He asked, you looked at him confused. "I mean the last case is a little....... disturbing!"

The last case.

Case N°2332. 

"The last case? isn't it the housekeeper who murdered her daughter's professor by drowning her inside the pool of the family she works for?" Taehyung questioned. 

You stared at the man called Hyunsik carefully, disturbing he said

It is disturbing but................. how does he know

This man......

You sighed, "Disturbing or not, the priority here is to do my job, Prosector Park." You said deciding to drop it now but you'll definitely ask him about it later. You didn't want another man digging stuff from your past.

Jungkook stood up when he saw you reaching for the door handle, "Are you done here?" he whispered and you looked up at him. 

you sighed again but nodded as an answer to his question, Jungkook would be a blind man if he didn't notice your discomfort when they mentioned that case. 

He looked at the prosector from the corner of his eyes only to find the other man staring at you with a look Jungkook found weird. He wanted to ask the man to look at something else than his girl but he remembered you get angry the last time he spoke to Hyunsik. 

Gently, Jungkook placed his hand at your back and stood next to you so you both can walk together, he had to swallow when you looked up at him again, he thought for a second to get his hand back but when he noticed the slight blush on your cheeks his heart changed the rhythm quickly. 

S-she liked this

He smiled sweetly at you, he found it extremely cute that you liked something as simple as this.  

You cleared your throat before looking back at Hyunsik, "I will pass by tomorrow morning to join the interrogation, it will be better not to discuss the case's matter with someone else."

"The interrogation will be at 10:00 AM, do you want me to pass by your house to give you a ride?" The man walked closer and told you. 

You looked at him for a second then at the man next to you who rolled his eyes but nicely didn't say anything, though the matter was serious you wanted to help. "It's alright, Mr.CEO here won't allow me to go back home anyway, right?" Your gray eyes met his black ones and you witnessed the darkness disappear from them, instead, a beautiful smile appeared on his face as if he just won the biggest prize out there. 

"May...... May I ask where you are heading?" Hyunsik asked, "I know you are a detective but you are someone under a threat, I believe it will be better if I request someone to protect you until the case is over!"

"You don't have to worry about that," Jungkook was the one speaking now, he promised himself not to say a word to the man after what you said but it was obvious Hyunsik was trying his chances with you and that bothered him especially that you don't sound interested. "I will make sure she's safe!"

"Don't you need to be safe first to keep someone else safe?" Hyunsik said, "As far as I heard you are a target also-"

"It's too late already!" Taehyung suddenly walked between Jungkook and the man, "Tomorrow will be a big day, we all need to rest........... We'll call you later!" He told Hyunsik then glared at Jungkook. 

"Alright," The prosecutor nodded. 

.

The three of you walked out of the DA's building and stopped next to the road to get a taxi. 

"So, are we going back home?" Taehyung asked Jungkook. 

"I need to go to my house to get my files first, then........" You sighed, "I can't go to your house, we can't put the others in danger too." 

Jungkook nodded, "I believe so too, if you don't mind we can book a room at a nearby hotel." 

"I think it's the best option," Taehyung agreed, "You two go ahead and book a room, I will go with Mingyu to Y/N's house and get whatever she needs then we'll join you." The detective said after seeing Minyu running toward the three of you.

"D-Detective Y/N, you are here?" Mingyu asked while taking his breath, "I was surprised when they told me to come here, is everything alright?"

"You'll come with me, I will explain everything on the road." Taehyung said when the taxi stopped, "Text me the hotel and the room number, Jungkook!" 

"Will do!" 

.

"It doesn't sound like a room to me!" You said the moment you went in the room Jungkook guided you to, "It's been two days since you accepted the CEO job and you're already spending a lot of money?"

Jungkook chuckled, "I couldn't only get us a room, you heard Taehyung, he said they'll join us........... At least you can sleep in the room without someone disturbing you." The man walked and sat on the sofa by the glass wall, the view of the city was incredible especially since you didn't turn on the lights so you could enjoy the city and the moonlight.

You stood next to the wall and looked down, "Is this the top floor?"

"There are three other floors above us, I couldn't book us a room there since people are already using!"

You smiled, "So you tried to get the top one?"

He nodded, "You told me you feel the safest living in places like that so.........." You watched as he took the phone and probably called room service. 

'You'd like if you live here?'

'Here? No.......Never' 'I prefer an apartment on the highest floor possible' 

'For the view?'

'It's far from people........And, a lot safer, only if I was to get attacked or robbed by a bird.'

He remembered? 

You smiled then slowly walked to join him on the sofa.

"I hope you didn't have dinner, I am so hungry that I didn't realize I order a lot of." He laughed, considering everything that happened and what will probably happen you were supposed to feel scared and nervous but somehow you are comfortable. 

And......... I know the reason.

"Depends on what you ordered, I am a picky eater Mr.Jeon!" You smiled. 

"No worry I went for a safe option." He winked, "Unless you were an alien that doesn't like pizza." 

"Pizza is okay I guess!" You voice came out like a whisper, for the first time in days you didn't feel the need to use a fake tone and pretend to be strong enough to deal with exhaustion, instead you let yourself relax and think about something else rather than murder and death.

Something simple.......

"I know you still didn't forgive me fully!" Jungkook suddenly changed the mood, his voice also whispering but you could feel every emotion behind it, a thing you could only do when with him. "For the time being I will focus on helping you as much as I can catching this crazy asshole but after that........... I will definitely gain your trust again........ Even if I had to work harder for it, wait for years and do everything that I can................I will." He added.

After that, you two didn't say anything and only leaned in and stared at the ceiling enjoying the silence. 

.

.

You opened your eyes immediately when you heard the sound of a door being opened or closed, you went from laying to sitting on the bed in a second, blinking while staring at the familiar man standing by the door of the unfamiliar room.

"S-sorry Detective Y/N, did I wake you up?" Mingyu apologized, Jungkook has already warned them not to disturb you while sleeping but you didn't even know you closed your eyes. 

You looked around for a second and guessed you were inside the bedroom of the suite Jungkook booked, the view was the same as the main room but you figured hours must have passed because some of the lights you could see earlier were off. 

You sighed, pushed the blanket off you, and stood up, "What time is it?" 

"A little past 2 AM!" Mingyu answered while watching you walk toward him then walked out of the room to where the other men must be. "P-please sleep more, I know how much you worked the past week....." He said while following you.

But you ignored him, if it was 2 AM then you slept more than three hours which is enough, "Oh? what's all that?" You questioned when you saw Taehyung standing by a whiteboard that wasn't here earlier, it was full of pictures and some written info that Taehyung and Mingyu probably wrote.

"Oh, you finally woke up?"Taehyung said then turned to face the whiteboard again, "I collected the new case's victims' info here, Also .......... Park hyunsik sent me interesting info about the offenders of the 12 cases........... you should check it out!"

Curious, you walked toward the board and looked carefully, there was a red line that connected all the 12 offenders the Zodiac may have helped them to murder, "Study Center Language school?"

"Yep, they all apparently took English classes at that school." Taehyung explained, "But, the only foreigner Oliver Rex was from Australia, English was his native so he took a Japanese language class also at the same school..............." 

"All at the same time?"

The detective shook his head, "Only about three, Park JungYo, Kim Johoon, and Choi Sanghoon ........... The others attended at different times." He pointed to the pictures of the offenders.

"Then it should be a teacher or a staff!" You thought out loud as you walked even closer to the board, "If this is not a coincidence then they should have met someone aka the Zodiac inside that school, it can't be a student since they didn't attend the same time............ It must be someone working there for at least two years.."

"Didn't you say the Zodiac works at the DA?" Taehyung asked.

"I said the Zodiac either has access to information here or everyone inside this building is now a suspect. "You repeated, paused for a couple of seconds to stare carefully at the new case's victems then looked at the officer, "With this info, we know now that the Zodiac has access to the Police and the DA as well as............. working or constantly being at that school you're talking about.............."

"Or maybe a long-time student!" Taehyung added.

"That's also an option...... Anyway, we should pay it a visit first thing in the morning!" You told him but still looking at the horrible crime scene images. 

"I will make the call, you'll need permission to investigate!" Taehyung grabbed his phone, "You should eat something, and before you ask ................ Jungkook is out to meet Jin Hyung." He added then immediately noticed how your eyes widened and he wasn't stupid not to know why, " he said he'll be at the hotel's lobby so ............ no Zodiac after him, don't worry."

"I am n-not worried." embarrassed, You bite your lips and mumbled, Taehyung also mumbled something before leaving to make the call. 

With a sigh, you sat down and grabbed a piece of Pizza that was cold already but who cares, you aren't even hungry. 

Who can eat while worried?

.

"I can't believe you ate while staring at that!" Taehyung came back after about fifteen minutes and joined you on the couch, he crossed his legs together and gave you a bord look. "You know you can eat like a human being, a ten minutes food-break won't kill you......... It's not like you'll solve it that quickly." 

"I may not solve it in fifteen minutes but I sure can get a couple of info!.............. " You said without looking at him. "In fact, I might just notice something very important............. tell me Detective Taehyung............... What do you think about the murder methods?" 

"Horrible and No humanist!" Sarcastically, Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"There's no nice and humanist murder! Even I know that."You returned his sarcasm. "Well, I won't blame you though, if it's what I am thinking, this is beyond horrible.................. Anyway, In the first murders, it wasn't clear that but................. the last four are a little too obvious, don't you think?" 

"Humm... the last four you say!" He chewed the inside of his cheek, crossed his arms over his chest, and followed your gaze. "Something about the method............. hummm" 

You looked behind you to the young officer who was probably also thinking, "Mingyu........... can you sum up the last four cases for us? maybe Detective Taehyung will notice something if he hears it." You ordered. "But only tell us the cause of death and where and how the body was found!" 

"Of course, "You watched Mingyu grab his tablet to read from.

(If you aren't comfortable reading about violence/murder/psychopaths please skip) 

"The ninth victim...... Lee Myungyoo, male, 24. His body was found under a wind turbine East of Seoul after12 days of being reported missing by his roommate, he was stabbed 12 times five of which in the heart that cause an immediate death............. Because of the winds, his body was found buried under a pile of leaves."

"The tenth victim ....... Kim Sora. female. 28... Also after 12 days of being missing, her body was found hanging on a tree at Baeksasil Valley forest, stabbed 12 times, none in the heart. A small cloth was around her mouth and her tongue was cut." 

"The eleventh victim ..... Lee Geon. Male. 30 ...... the victim was burned but the lab informed us he was stabbed 12 times also, his body was found near Seoul Grand Park by the predators' animals' gate................ Also after 12 days." 

"The last victim, the twelfth...... Park Jieun. Female. 23....... 12 days after her missing, her body was found near Ansan mountain, stabbed 12 times five of which at the spinal cord that caused an immediate paralysis but a slow death. Her body was also tied up carefully with a rope..........."

"Damn, even though I read the details many times it always gives me the chills!" Taehyung shook his head. "May the victims rest in peace!" 

"So............. Did you notice something?" You asked again. 

"Hmm......... a hint?" 

"You may not be able to get it if you didn't focus on Japanese history class!" You stood up and walked to the board, grabbed the marker, and started writing. "The ninth victim was stabbed 5 times in the heart............. His death was immediate........... fast and.........swift." You said, adding something on the board. "He was found under a wind turbine, buried under a pile of leaves because of the ............. wind." you continued talking, each time you write something while the men stare silently. "The Tenth victim her body hanging on a tree in a................. forest, ..................her tongue was cut yet the Zodiac has placed a small cloth on her mouth............ as if he wanted to silence.............. the silence itself." Again you spoke slowly and added a word to the board. "The eleventh victim was violently burned in .............fire............ Thrown to be found near Seoul Grand Park where the most fierce animals......" You said. Took a breath then started again.............."The twelfth victim...... body found in a mountain, stabbed in the spinal cord that caused the victim to be paralyzed unable to move yet..............she was tied up ..... again as if the Zodiac wanted the immovable to be also.................. Unshakeable.

You turned around to face the men when you finished writing, "Does it sound familiar to you?" 

"As swift as the wind, as silent as forest, as fierce as fire................ as unshakeable as a mountain." Taehyung read what you wrote raising his eyebrow in confusion. "The hell?"

"Furinkazan......" A new voice joined you and mouthed the key word you needed.

"Bingo" 

.

To Be Continued .......... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 13K 72
"Jungkook : I told you I will make you feel how hell look like" "YN : Well congratulations Mr jeon jungkook I feel there's no difference between hell...
456K 14.5K 22
"Getting turned on, noona?" He asked coyly. "I'm too sexy, right?" He winked at you, causing you to scoff. "I know I'm handsome, you don't have to s...
504 92 18
"Seoyoon?" You turn to look at his nervous form. You gently reach his hands and intertwine with yours. You smile at him reassuringly. "You okay? You...