Pains of Amara(Completed)

By Adaririchichi

~FEATURED IN WATTPAD'S FRIEND'S AND FAMILY READING LIST--CELEBRATING BLACK HISTORY MONTH, AND ALWAYS WITH YOU... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105

Chapter 91

387 95 48
By Adaririchichi

AMARACHI

I stared at the ceiling of my room, heart beating in fear and trying to grasp the shock of what transpired earlier in the party this evening.
Where did that girl go so suddenly?
How could she vanish?
She was in the party earlier.
It really didn't make any sense to me but I did know she was responsible. But why did she do it?
Now I was pretty sure the hatred Nicole had for me would unfailingly triple. I am trying my best to get along with Nicole but everything seems abortive.

Nicole at that moment barged into my room, eyes staring at me with rage in them. I was shocked by her intrusion.
I stood up immediately from the bed and approached her.
"Nicole I didn't steal your purse. I am not a thief. Please"I said softly attempting to convince her.
Suddenly i watched as her glare turned to a grin. A mischievous grin.

"Now you know what I'm capable of doing"Nicole menacingly said as she folded her arms at me.
Her eyes sparkled on seeing the fear and shock in my eyes.
So she was the one that planned all these.
She really hated me so much that she would go as far as framing me up.

"Nicole! How could you!?"

"Don't you dare raise your stupid voice at me?"Nicole snapped back as she pointed a finger at me.

"Look at you"Nicole began.
"Just take a good look at yourself, do you really think I'll let you just come and take Jordan away from me? Do you think I'll just fold my arms and watch Jordan leave me? You must be very stupid if you think that.

What does he even see in you anyways? Huh? Everybody praises you. Everybody loves you. What is so special in you? Even my father defended you today. He fucking called you his daughter! I won't sit and watch you take the people I care about. You are just a good for nothing girl"Nicole spat at me, venom in her tone.

Anger,disbelief and sadness coursed through me.
This girl would actually go to any length to get what she wants.

"Nicole I really can't believe how shameful you are. You are so wicked. Why is your heart so wicked? Why are you doing this to me? I have never for once wished you bad yet you keep on trying to put me in some sort of trouble. If Jordan is truly yours as you claim then you shouldn't fight so hard to get him. You sent me to jail yet he went through all the hurdles to bail me out. Can't you see the handwriting on the wall? Are you that blind? Jordan doesn't love you!"

I watched as Nicole's jaws and fist clenched in anger the moment i uttered my last statement.
"Amarachi how dare you!"She thundered, chest rising with anger.

I rolled my eyes at her and hissed loudly.
"You know this is the reason you don't have a parent"
I suddenly started at her. Does she want to involve my late parents in this?

"Yes Amarachi! This is the reason your mother left you. This is the reason why nobody good stays in your life. Because you are a bad person. Who would want a child like you? A child that is never contended. Instead of you to focus on the lowlife thugs you are here chasing my man. This is the reason why your mother left you. She is ashamed to have a child like you. You caused her nothing but pains and regret. And your father..."

"Stop it!"I yelled back interrupting her. Nicole chuckled at me.
"Don't bring my parents into this"I added, my voice raspy all of a sudden.

"I'll definitely bring them into this. Why can't I? I'm just telling you the simple truth. This is the reason you don't have any good thing in your life. You don't even have parents"

"I do"I replied immediately, my voice slowly getting weak.
"I have a mother and a father"I added as my eyes were gradually getting tear stung.

"Who is your father? Do you know him?"Nicole ironically asked as the corners of her lips pulled up in a taunt.

I remained silent, wiping the few slipping tears from my face.

"Exactly"she said with a laugh.
"You don't know him because he doesn't want you to know him. He knows you bring nothing but bad luck. You are the reason your mother suffered. Yes you Amarachi. And your dad was so disgusted in you that he left. You are cursed. That's why you have no good thing in your life. That's why you are alone. Cursed child"

"It's not true"I muttered as tears started rolling down my cheeks.
What she said really hurt me. I felt this unexplainable throbbing pain in my chest.
"Don't say that about me or my parents"

"Keep on letting Jordan decieve you. Once he gets in between your legs I promise he will abandon you and at the end of everything I'll still be the one engaged to him because he is meant for me. Foolish girl"Nicole scornfully spat at me before working out, banging the door.
I was left totally speechless and shocked. How could she bring my parents into this?
How could she spit out those vile words without no remorse.

I trudged back on my bed and slumped on it.
"It's not true. My mother loves me"I said silently in a bid to convince myself as hot tears escaped my eyes.

* * * * * * * *

I still felt that heart piercing pain in my chest. It was like my heart was bleeding. Immediately I woke up, Nicole's vile words rang in my head.
I found myself screaming at one point in the bathroom, closing my ears with my hands, trying to stop her taunts from ringing in my head.
Was I the cause of my mother's pain?
Who raped my mother and why?

I suddenly remembered those period I witnessed aunty Lydia and some of her friends mocking my mother because of her rape incident.
I vividly remember the tears in my mothers eyes when aunty Lydia invited two of her friends and when I passed by with my mother, I could hear hissing and insults.
Could Nicole be right?
I knew my birth was unexpected. It was a mistake. I wasn't meant to come into this world.
Mother endured all the taunts and died whilst trying to remain strong for me.
Probably if I never came into her life then she wouldn't have died mysteriously.
This pain is too much. I am tired of proving myself to everyone that I'm a good person. Why do I always have to show people that I'm a good person. Why are people so quick to judge me? I'm not a bad person so why am I suffering this much?

"Amarachi"
I was pulled out of my deep saddening thoughts and realised I was in the parlour with Mrs Linda and her husband.
I faced her and cleaned any tears that could have been on my face.

"What's wrong? I've been trying to get to you? What were you thinking?"Mrs Linda asked with a worried look.
I shook my head at her"nothing ma. I'm fine. Do you need anything ma?"

She was about speaking up when Nicole came downstairs.
Immediately our eyes met she let out a sneerful smirk at me.

"Nicole"Her dad called out to her.
"Come sit"he added, his voice calm.

Nicole reluctantly walked over to one of the sofa's and sat down.
What is going on? Why did he call her?
I watched Mrs Linda face turn to to a disconcerted look.
She herself was probably lost.

"Why did you do it?"He asked taking everyone by surprise.
Nicole's brows furrowed and she forced a faint smile.
"What do you mean dad?"

"Why did you frame Amarachi?"
It was like time froze on everybody. Nicole looked stunned. Confusion written all over her face.

"Um dad..dad..I don't get?"Nicole replied.

"Don't lie to me Nicole. You framed her"Chief Victor said pointing to me as he stood up.

Once again I was the centre of attention.
Nicole glared at me. Her fist twisted and her chest heaved with anger as she bolted up from the seat.
"What did you tell my father? What lies did you brew up again you thief!"

I couldn't breathe for a second and I flinched at her accusation.
"I didn't say anything..I really didnt"I confessed, my voice faltering.

"She didn't say anything but I know you did something. Tell me Nicole why did you frame her?"

Mrs Linda stood up and touched her husband by the shoulder, slightly caressing it. "Darling why would you think Nicole is responsible?"

"I know she is. I saw the mystery girl in the party when she was talking to Amarachi"
Everybody's eyes widened. Nicole gasped and staggered backwards.

"I saw her when she approached Amarachi, that was when Amarachi left Nicole's purse unattended. I didn't know what happened next because chief justice came to me and we had a talk. I also spotted nicole and the girl talking afterwards, that was few moments before Nicole came to me that her purse was missing. I immediately had my doubts when the purse was found in Amarachi's room and when I heard Amarachi's story i knew she was innocent"

I was so shocked. He noticed everything. A part of me felt so grateful to him and another part got worried because this revelation would worsen I and Nicole's already strained relationship.

"Why did you do it Nicole?"

Nicole found it difficult to speak. She stuttered with words and staggered backwards as her dad moved closer to her, igniting fear in her.
"Why!?"He suddenly thundered.
Everybody was astonished.

"Why did you frame the poor girl? What wrong did Amarachi ever do to you? When did you become so wicked? She could have literally spent up to months in jail for a crime she never committed. Thanks to you now she is an ex-convict in the sight of the law. Why!? Didn't you feel any remorse Nicole?!"

"No!"Nicole suddenly yelled back.
This isn't good. Nicole will later melt out her anger on me.
"I didn't feel any atom of remorse because I hate her dad!"

Chief victor and Mrs Linda looked at Nicole in disbelief.
"And do you know why I hate her so much? Because she is trying to snatch Jordan away from me. She..she..she is so wicked. Yet everybody sees her as the good person. Amarachi this, Amarachi that. All of you sings her praise. Mrs Justice sings her praise, Jordan sings her praise even both of you. You all see her as an angel and I am the demon. She is literally trying to replace me. Ask this girl why she is trying to snatch away my happiness from me!"Nicole yelled enraged as she shot me death glares.

"I...I.. promise Nicole, I'm not trying to replace you. What ever you think of me is not true. I've forgiven her sir. I really hold no grudges"I confessed.

"Oh Shut up! Shut the fuck up! Stop acting like you are an angel. Dad I did it yes and I don't feel any remorse and I'll kill her if this bitch doesn't leave my life!"

"Nicole!"Chief Victor yelled as he slapped her.
"Darling"Mrs Linda called out as she went over to Nicole.
Nicole slowly looked up at her dad, her eyes gradually becoming red and choked up with tears.

"You slapped me"she whispered.
I felt I was the cause of everything. I don't want this.
"Nicole I didn't mean to...."

"You slapped me because of her!"Nicole screamed cutting her dad short as she pointed at me.
"You raised your hand at me because of this filthy thing right? Fine! She's your beloved daughter and I'm the outsider right? Amarachi I hope you are happy now. You are happy right? I hate you so much!"Nicole cried out in tears as she ran upstairs.

I let out little sobs watching everything happen.
Chief victor massaged his temples.
He immediately went after Nicole leaving only I and a shocked Mrs Linda.
"Ma I don't want to replace Nicole I swear. I'm not who she thinks I am. I am a good person"I said as drops of tears slithered down my cheeks.

"It's fine Amarachi please just go to your room"
I nodded my head at her request.
This was the first time I saw Nicole actually cry. She looked really hurt. Was that what she really thought of me? I was trying to replace her in everybody's life?

I would never do such.
I just wanted her to see me as the good person I was.
When will that ever happen?

* * * * * * * * *

"Nicole"Her dad called out as he entered her room.
Nicole, who buried her face in her pillow, weeping, stood up and faced her dad.
"What do you want?"She asked rudely, her tear stained face washing her mascara away.

"Nicole I don't hate you. You are my daughter. I want the best for you"He said softly.
Nicole sniffed her nose and folded her arms.
"Nicole this hatred you grow in your heart for Amarachi will cause you more harm than good"

"Then tell her to stop trying to take Jordan away from me!"Nicole snapped back.
"Have you bothered asking yourself if Jordan wants her?"
Nicole looked up at her father. She dreaded that thought.
Her father gave her a soft smile and went over to her, sitting her on the bed as he sat next to her.

"Nicole if Jordan wants to be with her, then let him go. If you end up forcing him to be with you, you will do yourself more harm than good. You will end up in a loveless relationship"

"But he..he..chose me first"Nicole cried out as her eyes began welling up with tears.
"He didnt"Her dad replied calmly.

"His father chose you for him. I accepted the marriage alliance because I felt both of you would make a good couple but it seems Jordan doesn't think that way"

"Don't say that dad"Nicole sobbed.

"Nicole don't ever force someone to see your worth. Don't beg for love. If he can't give you another person will. One man's meat is another's poison. If Jordan doesn't want you, another man will definitely want you"Chief Victor softly tried correcting her reasoning.

Nicole shook her head vigorously as she cried. "How can i let Amarachi win? I love Jordan."

"It's not about winning Nicole. Nicole in this life some people won't reciprocate the feelings we have for them no matter how pure they are and it's totally fine. Nicole in the station I saw how Jordan was so concerned for Amarachi. Amarachi is not the one at fault. Don't vent out your anger on the poor girl. Neither is Jordan to blame. He wants Amarachi. The sooner you accept that, the better for you sweetheart"

"So you will just let her take Jordan?"Nicole asked.

"Jordan already chose her. Nicole don't ever force him to see your worth and don't beg him to love you. All the things you want Jordan to do for you, I promise you will meet another boy that will do it all for you in a heartbeat. My darling please understand this. I'm sorry for slapping you. You know I love you ok"
He planted soft kisses on her forehead repeatedly as he caressed her back.

Nicole kept on crying as she laid her head on her father's chest.
She knew her father was right but she was just finding it difficult to let go off Jordan.

* * * * * * * * *

Ogechi pounded yam endlessly. The sound of the pestle hitting the mortar echoed around the entire kitchen.

Vivian, her father's wife, suddenly barged into the kitchen, carrying a bowl of water.

Ogechi was so engrossed in trying to prepare dinner on time that she didn't notice her stepmother's arrival.

Vivian stared at Ogechi with disdain and poured the water in the bowl on her. Ogechi looked at her body, her clothes now soaked with dirty water from the bowl. She stared at Vivian, bewildered.

"You are so lazy and foolish. Look at the time Ogechi! It is six pm, when will dinner be ready? You aren't even done preparing the soup. What sort of a girl are you?! Didn't your prostitute of a mother teach you any thing?"Vivian spat.
Ogechi felt her eyes becoming filled with tears.

"Step mother, I've been working since morning. I haven't even had a breathing space. I just came back from the market now and I'm trying my best to prepare the food early. You didn't have to involve my mother in this"

Vivian chuckled and clapped her hands together.
"So you are talking back at me now? As we are now mates right? No we are now mates right?"

Before Ogechi could give a reply, she received a hard slap from Vivian.
"You see you ehn I'll chew you like food, eat you and swallow you in this house. Bet me. Useless thing from a useless woman"Vivian scoffed before heading out of the kitchen.
Ogechi crumbled in tears and slumped on the kitchen floor, burying her head in between her knees.

"Ogechi why are you not cooking?"
A familair voice spoke up some minutes after.

Ogechi slowly looked up and met her father's gaze. She stared at him, pain written all over her face.

"Why did you bring me here? I was better with Francis. Why did you have to bring me here? To suffer?"

Otito hissed and remained silent.
"Answer me"Ogechi spoke up.

"You want to know the reason right? Because my two children have sickle cell. Yes. Both my children. That means they can die at anytime. On many occasions they've come across near death situations. I can't keep on living in the fear of being a childless man neither do I want to remarry so I have to bring in the only child I know that is free from that deadly genotype. And that is you Ogechi. Now you know the reason. So prepare this food fast. I don't have time for this discussion"Otito replied rudely before walking out.

Ogechi shook her head as more tears dropped down.
This was the life she stumbled upon.
Francis won't take her back. She had to get accustomed to this rough side of life.

* * * * * * * * *
AMARACHI

Ever since what transpired between Nicole and her dad yesteday, I hadn't seen her downstairs since then.
Even when I served dinner, her dad took it upstairs to give her.
I really wondered what he told her that made her so withdrawn.

This morning, I overheard Mrs Linda telling her husband that Jordan and his mother would be coming over.
I was happy at first.
I missed Jordan and I was so delighted to see his mother again but I noticed the disheartened look on Chief Victor's face.
Whatever he was worried about didn't seem good.
Would Nicole try to cause another problem?
My heart thumped so fast as I thought of multiple ways she could try to get back at me.
I suddenly felt like going over to Mrs Linda, telling them to cancel the meetup.
I couldn't do that.
I glanced at the wall clock in my room, it was ten am.
"Amara"Mrs Linda called out to me as she entered my room.

"Help me come serve drinks. Our guests are here"
I almost choked on hearing that last statement. Jordan and his mother were in the house.
I slowly stood up and dragged my feet to the kitchen.

I noticed how happy Mrs Justice was on seeing me.
"Good morning ma"I greeted as I served her a glass of eva wine.
I did same to Jordan, who made sure our fingers grazed each other.
I slightly blushed at what he did
but tried suppressing it.

I immediately went to the kitchen and came out with a tray of cookies and cupcakes.
"Food will soon be ready. Enjoy ok."Mrs Linda announced with a friendly smile as she approached us.

"It is fine my dear. Amarachi I'm really so happy to see you. Jordan told me what you went through when you got kidnapped. I'm really so grateful to God for keeping you alive. I had to see you immedately."

"I am too. Thank you so much ma for everything. It is really just God"

"Seems like you and Amarachi have a history with each other"Mrs Linda teasingly said.

"Of course my dear. I knew her from Enugu, before her kidnap that led her to coming to Lagos. Linda I have to confess, Amarachi is a talented seamstress. Infact she was on my slot to go abroad"Mrs justice chirped eagerly.
I felt happy seeing how she praised me.

"Wow. Amara you never told me you could sew"Mrs Linda commented turning to face me.
I let out mild laughs.

"She can my dear. Even Nicole knows. Speaking of Nicole, Where is she and your husband?"
Jordan let out a low hiss.
I noticed the change in Mrs Linda's facial expression.

"She's upstairs. Um Amara go call my husband ok and tell him to call Nicole"Mrs Linda said with hesistant.

I went upstairs, searching for her husband, whom I found in his study room, eyes glued to his computer screen.
"Sir"

He turned around and faced me.
"Mrs Justice and Jordan are around. Madam said you should please call Nicole"
I attempted to walk away but he called me back.
"I noticed you and my daughter don't get along"He stated as he stood up to face me.

"Um yes sir"I replied with a shaky voice.
"Nicole isn't a bad person ok. I talked to her and I hope she listens to me. I'll really love it if both of you could get along"

I felt relieved on hearing that.
Ofcourse I'll love to get along with Nicole.
"Yes sir. I also want to be friends with her"
He gave me a reassuring smile and wanted to walk out but his hands pushed a couple of books down.

I immediately knelt down to pick them when my locket, or should i say my mother's locket, fell out from my neck. It felt out and broke, landing open.
I groaned within me as I dropped the books, wanting to pick it up but chief Victor reached out for it immediately.

That locket was my second skin. I always had it on me and now it broke. It was the only thing I had in remembrance of my mother.
"I'm sorry for your..."He stopped mid sentence as he looked at the face of the woman in the locket.

He stared at me, disbelief, shock and astonishment visible on his face.
My brows pulled together in worry.
Why did he suddenly look so stunned and shocked like he had seen a spirit.

"Sir what is wrong? That is my mother. Do you know her?"

"Chinenye"He immediately breathed out in a whisper.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Alina By ihidethisapp

General Fiction

1.5M 37.3K 75
The Lombardi family is the most notorious group in the crime world. They rule both the American and Italian mafias and have many others bowing at the...
124K 2.2K 44
Sweet Romantic (Loose Trilogy #2) Failure and disappointment are the hardest things that she's afraid to achieve. Amaryllis Raine Lozano, a girl ful...
353K 21.7K 37
Let's see how different personalities mends with each other to form a beautifull bond together. Where the Eldest is calm and cold, Second is aggress...
430K 31.1K 42
ပဲပြုတ်သည်ငပြူးနဲ့ ဆိုက်ကားဆရာငလူးတို့ရဲ့ story လေးတစ်ပုဒ်