šššš¢šÆšž š’š”šššš¢šš.

By 1riiihanna

I grew up with my mother. She gave me the best life any teenage girl could've ever thought of. I was happy. E... More

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57

1

6.4K 365 108
By 1riiihanna

Saturday, August 27- {12:00a.m}

Most parents where I come from allows their children to do anything they please as they've reached the age of consent. As for my mother? I don't know just yet but I guess this is the start- this party that I'm at right now- A big people things. A she force mi fi guh cause she seh mi a house rat and mi a turn big woman suh mi must go enjoy miself.

Me and my friend, Sasha-Gaye, I think is the only underage people in the crowd.

How do I know? Most of these people are from my resident.

Most girls right now would be out celebrating their 'Sweet 16' but me; on the other hand, doesn't believe in 'Sweet 16's'.

I mean...what's so fancy about 16?

Age of consent Shadz. My subconscious points out.

Yeah but I don't really understand the hype.

Afterall not everybody is the same.

"Happy Birthday Bitch!" Sasha yelled within the crowd while giving me a tight hug.

"Geez yuh want ih wull party fi know? Thanks man." I smiled.

Sasha-gaye and I grew up together. Been bestfriends since...I was in the womb. She's a year older than I am.

Sasha-Gaye's favourite song starts play- Virgin by Jah Vinchi- and she starts whining.

As for me? I'm not like that. The only people that has ever seen me dance is my mother and Sasha.

"Girl! It's your birthday! Loosen up a bit!" Sasha yells.

After about two minutes of contemplating, I decide...

You only turn 16 once, right?

I start whining with Sasha.

Couple minutes of going wild I feel someone whining behind me.

But them no have no manners!

"Hello excuse mi nuh please!" I push the person away without looking behind me.

All them bloodclaat yah.

Yes, I curse but that's when it's necessary.

The person still find them way fi come back behind mi.

I finally look around.

"Sir move from behi-" Before I could finish someone's fist connects his face.

"Yuh bomboclaat deff? Yuh nuh hear di catty seh yuh fih move? Make me catch yuh back roun' yah and yuh see wah gwaan!"

"Um...thanks, but I could've done it myself," I say.

"Oh?" He says then walk away.

Of course I could've!

I was just waiting for the right time.

Yah talk 'bout that, yuh see the boy? Omg!

Yes, I saw him.

He's handsome as hell!

But this nigga has no manners.

Mmcht.

Right now I'm not even comfortable to dance anymore. I literally just stepped out my comfort zone and this man with him dutty self-

I hiss.

"Sasha I'm ready!" I say loud enough for her to hear.

"Me ready too!" She yells back.

We walk out to the main to get drive.

Times like this I wish I gave the little old taxi man my number.

You know? Every young girl had those people in their community that watch them grow up and as soon as they think we are 'Old enough' they start giving us sweet talks.

I really hate it to be honest, they make me sick to my stomach.

But right now I really wanna go home.

"Sasha yuh can't call yuh father make him come pick we up?" I ask her.

Mi really wah leff yasso.

"Girl his commander called back this morning so him no deh here." Sasha's father is in the military so he's hardly home.

At least she has a dad.

Of course I'm not jealous of Sasha, she's my best friend. But sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I had a father.

Like...Why did he have to die?

I don't even know how he died, the only thing I know is that he died before I was born. Everytime I ask my mother how or what happened she would say..."Its better if you don't know Shadz." The last time I asked her that I was was 10 years old, I've never asked her about it since.

I'm grown now, I've seen her struggle all my life with no father/father figure and nobody by her side, so why care about happened to my father now?

The only thing I'm focused on right now is passing my Cxcs and go straight to teachers' collage.

Yes, I want to be a teacher. I LOVE TEACHING.

The honk of a horn takes me out my thoughts.

"Why yuh stand up out here so?" I'm stunned to see the person who punched the guy who was forcing himself on me earlier.

He's driving a black BMW.

Sasha realizes that I'm out so she hits me lightly.

"Mi a look drive fi go home," I tell him.

"How long?" He furrowed his eyebrows then ask.

"About an hour," Come to think of it a long time me stand up out here.

He hisses. "Come innah a the car."

"Sorry, what?" I retort.

"Yuh wah go home or not? Come. In. A. The. Car."

No man, who him think him be?

Just go Shadia, yuh might stand up out her fi a next hour, who knows?

I look at Sasha and she nods.

We both walk to the car.

"My friend wants you to drive with him," He says to Sasha.

"I'm not leaving her!" I whisper yell.

He glares at me.

"Who did tell yuh say yah go leave her? Just easy." A must joke this.

"Hey Sasha, Come on, yer," I say then grab her hand.

"Shadia it good, just gwaan," She lets loose from my grip.

"Breddah-" She gives me a look.

A look I know too well.

She's getting angry.

Cyah take the excitement right now so I heave a sigh and walk to the car and open one of the back doors.

"Round here so yuh fi come," He says in a husky tone.

I go around the passenger side.

He looks at me then drives off.

I'm almost home and he haven't said a word to me since I entered the vehicle.

I love silence but for some reason this feels so awkward.

Luckily, he breaks it.

"Why yuh down here so alone?" He asks.

I hiss.

"I wasn't alone. I'm sure you saw my friend, and today is my birthday so I came out to enjoy my self," I shrug.

"Birthday? How's it so far?" He glance at me then back at the road.

"Fine. I guess," I say.

"So...What are you going to do when you reach home?" He asks.

Why so nice all of a sudden?

"Turn here. Why so nice all of a sudden?" I point to the direction to my house then ask.

He chuckles.

"I'm not a bad person, pretty girl. You haven't answered my question," He smiles.

His smile is so freaking cute!

With his little cute dimples and his pearly white teeth.

Damn!

He also thinks I'm pretty!

"I wasn't going to do much...maybe take a shower and watch a movie till I fall a sleep," I answer him skipping the part where he said he isn't a bad person.

"Ohh, so...like how its your birthday, your parents won't mind if you uh...come home a bit late?" He scratches the back of his head.

"What do you mean?" I ask him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Would you mind if I take you somewhere? To make up for me not being so nice..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To be continued.

Don't forget to vote!🗳️.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 2.6K 50
In a world, in a country where true love is often fleeting and superficial, two people find themselves swept away in love.In a romance that may just...
20.6K 450 56
16 year old Ricky underwood is woken up out of the deep sleep by the mother of his 1 month old son John Jergens - Underwood . 15 year old Amy express...
88K 2.2K 33
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
2.1K 321 9
What does one choose when faced with difficult decisions and uncertain outcomes? As Lyric Azan navigates the world of teaching and balancing the sec...